[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 38
File: header.jpg (48 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
48 KB, 460x215
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MU5MgRV6U

>people riot because someone has a plastic arm
Not this shit again
>>
>>339061643
Nice thread op
>>
Live action trailers are the worst
>>
>>339061643
>"hurr durr muh humanity"

Trailer is made for normies (console users) who don't know what this franchise is to buy the game. Trailer probably has little to do with the actual game.
remember this shit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elQC62FUgqw
>>
widespread augmentation is such a retarded idea for a plot point.

>Have super advanced technology for creating super powerful and dexterous prosthetics
>Don't use it on exoskeletal equipment
>Fuck it let's just lop off our limbs and attach them to ourselves for no good reason
>>
>>339061643
the story better be good because it sets up for the story of the original
>>
>>339062532
Hurr durr muh humanity is basically the whole plot of this game
>>
>>339063175
Incorrect
>>
>>339062532
>(console users)
when the biggest cancer in gaming that is mobas is pc core
good cuck
>>
>>339063867
You are incorrect
>>
>>339062372

most likely saving a big gameplay reveal for e3 and didn't want to show anything before then but still wanted to raise attention to the game.
>>
>work at packing company
>coworkers getting cybernetic enhancements that have way more increased efficiency than regular people
>boss says I'm out of the job if I don't get enhancements

why wouldn't riots start?
>>
>>339061643
>>people riot because someone has a plastic arm
Fucking this.

They wanted to make an X-Men / Uncanny X-Force game it seems, because this shit does not work.
After the incident concluding HR, Augs would had been either banned or set back a lot despite Sarif's ending.

Augs not only cause drug addiction, headaches, but slight MIND CONTROL. Shit would had been recalled.
>>
>>339061643
The story of this game is written by a woman. How many women have written passable, not to mention good science fiction stories, again?

My only hope is that the gameplay will actually be good and from what we've seen so far, it's a definite step up above HR in that department.
>>
>>339064148
Why wouldn't the packing company just use robots
>>
>>339063948
Sure humanity and morals/ethics and such is an argument throughout the background of the game but it's not the main plot.
>>
>>339061643
I guess they had to write in some reason why mech augs were so few in DX1
>>
>>339064250
robots would cost more and are proficient only on few tasks. Humans can do any task.
>>
>le rebellion against ambiguous "corporations" with a focus on muh freedoms and feelings instead of the logistics required to actually not be dependent on the people who provide for your entire life

This is most definitely a meme and I can't wait until it ends and is replaced with something even more trite
>>
>>339064148
This
The new Deus Exes have some really good sci-fi moral dilemmas in them, that's mostly what makes them really good
>>
>>339064221
>The story of this game is written by a woman.
Really? Who?
>>
>>339064342
Robots don't need a salary. A packing company needs robots that pack
>>
>>339064362
>Jensen is an earlier model than Gunther.
>Looks basically human.
>>
>>339064148
Then get the enhancement? Just like how you need a degree to get some jobs.

Hacking someone's leg so you can control their brain and make them attack their family sounds stupid as fuck, it's just that terrible zombie thing at the end of HR again. It seems like they needed a better motivation to 'divide mankind' and that's all they could come up with.

Just go the generic high/low society becoming even more separated route instead of this.
>>
>>339064342
what costs more a $20,000 robot, just one payment or paying a human around $45,000+benefits a year doing a worse job? Being this retarded.
>>
>>339064446
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKDAhO5IukM
Mary DeMarle
>>
>>339064172
This. Augmentations are products, it doesn't make sense to have an "apartheid" about it. A plastic leg isn't the same as being black or Jewish. The social conflict angle doesn't work.
>>
>>339064221
I have seen faggotry but this is really something else. How much fucking projection is in that post of yours?

Anyhow Mary DeMarle did a good job, but if you are not a faggot retard, just watch the director's cut for HR to learn what went wrong.

She did what she could, and the worst part of the plot was written by French Canucks. The thing is that they do not know how to write TENSION into the story without pushing a situation TOO FAR, and it is not like we had not seen FEMA camps before, the explanation could be as simple that there is group pushing for these apartheid not because they give a shit about augs but simply as a test run for their interment camps....I could deal with that story wise given those are used later on during the Grey Death.
>>
>>339064342
>Buy robot
>Maintain it from time to time

>Hire bloke
>Pay salary + benefits
>>
>>339064703
>Executive Narrative Director

Not exactly the same as "writer," is it

Also
>deepfreeze.it
What is this gamergate trash

Not giving them my view
>>
>>339064703
She also wrote HR so she can't be that bad. She also killed of le Malik so I can respect that.
>>
>>339064743
It's not entirely the same because once you have it, you can't exactly get rid of it.
>>
>>339064659
To be fair Jensen was a quick job where he was required to blend in with normies, Gunther was augmented as a killing machine and had no reason to look inconspicous, and might not have had le special DNA that adam had. But we never saw Gunther go invisible and pirouette grenades so you're probably right that it's a plot hole.
>>
>>339062532
That was similar for HR, since most of the focus in that trailer was on the elbow blades and a pointless action scene.
>>
>>339064148
Your example is a symptom of a problem, not the problem. If a government allows employers to fuck over their employees because they refuse to get mutilated - the country is already fucked way beyond "this guy with a robot arm packs meat faster than me so I'm going to riot"

I sure as fuck hope that what they're showing us in the trailers isn't the extent of the story and that they'll go deeper than the easily swallow-able robo-racism schlock.
>>
>Plastic arm is entirely voluntary and might also make you go crazy and kill people
I'd be pissed too.
>>
>>339064821
>>339064687
>>339064472

Maybe not the best example, but if you apply the same thing to the military then that's not something that can just be replaced with robots.
>>
>>339065476
>military
Are you bloody serious. Why WOULDN'T you use robots or drones?
>>
>>339065713
Not everything can just use robots and drones nigga. Situations change all the time, robots can't be that adaptable on the field. Same reason why we aren't using robots now.
>>
>>339064685
>Hacking someone's leg so you can control their brain and make them attack their family sounds stupid as fuck
How? There is probably some additional hardware in their brain to help them control the leg and it's not too much of a stretch to imagine it being used to make a particular hormone or chemical that makes you really angry be released.
>>
>>339065169
Nah they make a point that anybody getting mech augs will not be able to blend in with the population whereas nanonaugs can, particularly agents with heavy augs like Gunther. Jensen should be similarly monstrous.
>>
>>339065476
Personnel need to be trained, they need munitions, general upkeep, they get salary like anyone else, hospital treatment. They get shot in the arm they're basically disabled. Robots can just keep going. You'll need some human infantry but mainly in the form of mechanics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
>>
>>339065828
The only reasonwhy we arent using more robots in the military right now, is because robots are shit at the moment.
>>
>>339065828
>Same reason why we aren't using robots now

They're not advanced enough
>>
>>339065828
You are fucking retarded
>>
>>339066096
oh man our flying gunning drone is gonna be able to follow this guy that's running through the sewers huh?
>>
Finally, a Deus Ex game that will tackle the evil of allowing whites to run anything. I'm glad Adam Jensen will now team up with a wise old black man and a spunky but capable young black woman to tear down the evil white peoples' society. Apartheid is evil and look at how happy and prosperous every African country has become without whites controlling things!
>>
>>339066186
HR has androids and blokes that are 90% robots
>>
File: deus-ex-3-smoke_112649-1400x1050.jpg (256 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
deus-ex-3-smoke_112649-1400x1050.jpg
256 KB, 1400x1050
>>339064659
>>Looks basically human.
Aside from the hexagons and Sarif logo printed on his forehead and the sunglasses implants right next to his eyes and the fact that his limbs are made of scary black stuff and his torso has all sorts of shit sticking out.

He basically can't even go to the beach or the gym without it being obvious.
>>
>>339066338
and they're good but cyberized humans that are trained are better. That's the whole point.
>>
>>339066369
And he can't even get drunk aymore
>>
>>339065876

Jensen is visible enough between his hands and head. He just has more advanced augs then Gunther since he has the perfect DNA for augs and the company in charge of high quality augs stuffed everything they had into him where as Gunther was augmented after society fell to shit and technological advancement went to shit.
>>
Will Jensen be able to get a skull gun in this game?
>>
File: DX3_TaggartConcept.png (575 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
DX3_TaggartConcept.png
575 KB, 612x792
>>339061643
>>339062532
Did you play the first game? There was a lot of anti-augmentation in that, and it was before the chaos. If you played it, you'd know that the illuminati was fueling a fear campaign against human augmentation, through media, through corporations, through the people, with riots, with gang violence etc. Taggart created the Humanity Front, which was a pro-human political movement, it was well funded and done through a peaceful lens, but we also figure out they also funded the violent resistances, fearmongering and more behind the scenes, they played both sides, while keeping them separate (Humanity Front condemning all violent and terroristic pro-human actions)

We need to remember in Mankind Divided, it's after Human Revolution. The chips in the augments took over people, made them zombie like. There was widespread violence and death at the hands of augmentations in people going rogue. Couple this with the fact the world they live in already had a strong pro-human, anti-aug sentiment and you can clearly see why they have chosen an apartheid theme, fear runs rampant when it comes to augs after all the propaganda and then a chaotic tragedy.

Also, we can look at current events today and how people react. Something that has dominated the media in the US for the past two months or so is Transgender people in bathrooms. They make up less than 1% of the population, your odds of seeing one is rare as is, let alone sharing a bathroom with one. Also consider the fact that many TRY hard to pass, so even if you (more likely a woman) may have shared a bathroom with one without knowing, because they passed or passed enough at your careless glance and you never gave it second thought. Point is - something so small, so irrelevant and almost a non-issue, it has sparked so much attention, so much debate, so much fearmongering about safety in restrooms etc.

It's incredibly easy to fuel any narrative you want given money/the right time/many other circumstances.
>>
>>339061643
Wasn't the conflict about how the augmented people are a potential danger due the events of the last game?

It is confirmed that Darrow activate the sequence to make Augmented people berserk, and the trailers confirmed that the event was world wide and caused widespread death.

Even knowing it was a sabotage, people are now aware it is VERY POSSIBLE to duplicate that sabotage. That cause people to view augmented people as a ticking bomb that can be easily set off.
>>
>>339061643
>WHY DO THEY PERSECUTE US SO!?

#Groanzone
>>
File: 1421373370156.jpg (30 KB, 490x654) Image search: [Google]
1421373370156.jpg
30 KB, 490x654
>>339061643
>It's a /v/ doesn't play video games episode
>>
>>339066494
>Gunther was augmented after society fell to shit and technological advancement went to shit
Yeah, that still doesn't make a lot of sense. Technology might have not advanced much, but existing tech doesn't disappear in a matter of years.
>>
>>339064821
A better example would be in the clothing industry where basically everything beyond fabric and zips is still made by hand. Can't you imagine some sweatshop owner "encouraging" employees to get some shitty arm augs that make you use a sewing machine faster or stitch a football tighter? They already touched on this with the prostitutes in Hengsha.
>>
>>339066298
You didn't mind when a pretty Arabic flygirl was ferrying your shiny metal ass around.
>>
>>339066298
>Finally, a Deus Ex game that will tackle the evil of allowing whites to run anything.
In the first game Bob Page is le evil white man, meanwhile Morgan Everett, a nigger, is a de facto good guy despite being an Illuminati piece of shit.
>>
>>339063997

they've shown literally hours of gameplay
>>
>>339066683
That doesn't count, she was cute, CUTE!
>>
File: 1456121728221.jpg (51 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1456121728221.jpg
51 KB, 400x323
>>339061643
Is this a movie or a game?
>>
File: I'm cold y'all.jpg (23 KB, 544x524) Image search: [Google]
I'm cold y'all.jpg
23 KB, 544x524
>tfw Adam give him the future aids which is why Everett has to put the old faggot on ice
>>
>>339064685
Its just working on the nerve attachment to the augments. Darrow didn't control the augmented people, he manipulate the aug/flesh interface to wreck havoc on the nerve communications, causing intense pain. The only fantasy part is triggering the berserker mindset
>>
So, Jensen fucks up the Illuminati at the end of Mankind Divided, but in doing so creates a power vaccum that helps Bob Page and his Majestic 12 take over completely, setting up the events of 1.

Also, he dies or whatever the fuck and people FINALLY use his genetic potential to cure the augmented of Neuropozyne dependency.

It practically writes itself! Although I hope I'm wrong and it's more complicated, Human Revolution did some nice inversions with its plot compared to the original Deus Ex.
>>
File: 1462534819466.jpg (185 KB, 1225x771) Image search: [Google]
1462534819466.jpg
185 KB, 1225x771
WE'RE GOING TO BUILD A GHETTO

AND WE'RE GOING TO MAKE THE AUGS PAY FOR IT

WE'RE GOING TO MAKE HUMANS PURE AGAIN

WE'RE GOING TO MAKE HUMANS STRONG AGAIN

WE'RE GOING TO MAKE HUMANS GREAT AGAIN

YOU'RE GOING TO BE PROUD OF YOUR HUMANITY AGAIN
>>
File: Deus Ex Machinima.png (313 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
Deus Ex Machinima.png
313 KB, 1000x400
To anyone who hasn't seen the fanmade Human Revolution short film, I highly recommend it, it is insanely good. Crazy impressive how good it came out despite their small budget. https://youtu.be/LO2Rx8YlSWY
>>
>>339066943
Technically it's too early for the Illuminati to get fucked. Prepare for several sequels where Adam slowly chips away at their power, with each game ending with Bob Page saying "dey are growin weaker mj12 will rise soon boy" to Walton Simons.
>>
>>339066298
>Original Deus Ex bad guys are nearly all white dudes except for the one Asian lady
>Good guys include the entirety of Hong Kong, a black French dude, a teenaged girl and a beta male scientist
>>
>>339066683
Non-muslim arabs are white for all intents and purposes
>>
>>339066671

Sarif had all the good shit so maybe all the data got lost somehow after he died in the destruction of Panchea. Perhaps Jensen destroyed it personally so he wouldn't run into augmented people as strong as him.
>>
File: CyberneticArmProsthesis2.png (467 KB, 1151x577) Image search: [Google]
CyberneticArmProsthesis2.png
467 KB, 1151x577
Why are Deus Ex's augmentations so sexy? Damn, I just want to have one of those arms or even just a hand on display like pic related.
>>
>>339067124
Speaking of Walton, I hope he makes an appearance in Mankind Divided, but it might be too early for that as well.
>>
Those fucking life like graphics.

PCFags get Backed the Fuck Up
>>
>>339066580
I get what your saying and I agree. I have played all the games but I don't think you understood my comment. Also I don't watch the news especially American news. So I don't know of things or care about such as transgender people, sorry.
>>
File: 1458075141137.jpg (220 KB, 970x840) Image search: [Google]
1458075141137.jpg
220 KB, 970x840
>>339061643
>that alex jones impression
nice
>>
>>339067124

They know the fans would rip them to shreds if they tried that shit. At most there will be a third game with Adam before a major time Jump/remaking the original.
>>
>>339067260
Flesh traitor.
>>
>>339066683
How does a muslim flying you around have anything to do with white apartheid? Is it not the height of tolerance to allow of all things a muslim, to fly you around?

>>339066693
In previous games, "le evil white mans" were being stopped, in this DX, we're just going to get more of the neo entertainment industry cultural marxism.

>AYO WE WUZ KINGZ N MAFIA LEADERZ
>ching chong parkour with old black guy to destroy evil white city
>WUTTUP HONKEY I BE ZERO ZERO SEVEN
>sheeeeeit I dun got bit by a radioactive spidah

Leftists are trying to make IRL Planet of the Apes.
>>
>>339067260
New short documentary about a guy who gets an augmented arm inspired by MGS V after being run over by a train

part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZNFkMW9uFg
part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRxV0qw7rJg

You see some other people with augs when he goes to a convention, it's pretty cool. Had me thinking Deus Ex more than metal gear.
>>
>>339067115
That was absolute trash
>>
>>339067124
This, I expect an Adam Jensen Trilogy. It only makes sense to be honest. I hope we find out more about his past.
>>
File: 1450202118977.gif (4 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1450202118977.gif
4 MB, 360x360
>>339067427
YOU CAN'T STOP EVOLUTION
>>
>>339067367
It's a fucking live action trailer you retarded console fag.
>>
>>339067319
They better get him in there before Tom Hall has another stroke kek. What is Jensen is actually Simons in the end
>>
> Deus Ex: Human Revolution is set in 2027
11 years until augs
prepare thy wallets
>>
>Not joining the Illuminati.
>>
>>339067498
Fascinating narrative, brother.
>>
File: stf137_grandCeno.jpg (95 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
stf137_grandCeno.jpg
95 KB, 600x439
>>339061643
>plastic
>not porcelain
You mudafukas need completion
>>
>>339067761
AUGMENTATION IS HUMAN GENOCIDE

KEEP THE HUMAN RACE PURE
>>
>>339067665
Alright, which fanmade films based on video games do you recommend instead?
>>
>>339067367
being this stupid
>>
>>339067761
who is this penis machinist
>>
File: helios ending.gif (2 MB, 350x228) Image search: [Google]
helios ending.gif
2 MB, 350x228
>>339067912
>not merging with helios
>>
I hope people with a fetish for replacing limbs with technological ones understand that everyone hates them because they keep on pretending that having a remote controller for a hand means the singularity is just around the corner.

Literally no different to any other religious missionaries.
>>
>>339067260
>Get a sarif prosthetic arm
>Give up on teaching job
>Start giving augmented handjobs to people
Can't wait for 2027!
>>
>>339067634
pretty cool, crazy how Deus Ex is starting to become real.
>>
>>339067371
>Anon explains why the game trailer hits the nail on the head about the themes of the game
>I agree but idk if you read understood my comment about how this will have nothing to do with the game.
>>
File: 1450201585470.jpg (200 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1450201585470.jpg
200 KB, 960x960
>>339067994
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO FORCE ME WHAT TO DO WITH MY BODY
>>
>>339067920
He's completely right, though. I always love how leftist writers and artists present third world African or Middle-eastern shitholes as sprawling, elegant, ultra-advanced cities and then you realize the game is set like 30 years from now. But it's "le science-FICTION xD", so everything gets a pass.
>>
File: wallpaper-1484177.jpg (892 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-1484177.jpg
892 KB, 1920x1440
>>339067927
>completion
Compleation
>>
>>339061643
what is this a game? I never heard of it
>>
>>339067382
I don't know, it seems SE want to turn this into a big cross-media franchise but the DX timeline has some pretty set constraints which makes large timejumps difficult for shekeling. That is assuming they keep DX and IW properly canon and don't just throw their arms up and say it's a new universe half way through.
>>
>>339068310
Deuce Sex
>>
>>339068249
'satire'
>>
>>339068256
THERE IS A SICKNESS IN AUGMENTATISM. WE'VE GOT TO STOP BEING THE STUPID PEOPLE. MAKE HUMANS GREAT AGAIN!
>>
>>339066298
It's weird because the black chick was in a different game and she was white. Maybe she got reconstructive surgery to lay low?
>>
File: 1422346253867.jpg (145 KB, 698x672) Image search: [Google]
1422346253867.jpg
145 KB, 698x672
>>339067761
>my face when she gives you a handjob and rips off the whole thing
>>
>>339068356

They won't alter shit from DX one. IW may get altered though.
>>
>>339068472
>humans
>great
>islam

yeah, nah.
>>
>>339067842
>What is Jensen is actually Simons in the end

Simmon's voice is what you get when you de-humanize Adam's. It would make sense.
>>
>>339068356
>tfw you run into a young Gunther Hermann in this one.
>A young, surly Anne Navarre.
>Paul Denton arrives to impart his wisdom to Jensen and the two become friends, but Paul never mentioned him in the original because.
>>
>>339068593
>They won't alter shit
Never underestimate suits. Especially with fans of a 15+ year old becoming an increasingly tiny part of your consumers.
>>
>>339068737

Paul is 11 at this point in time. An 11 year old and 35 year old are unlikely to be best buds.
>>
>>339068271
/yawn
>>
File: 1356306596856.jpg (112 KB, 460x344) Image search: [Google]
1356306596856.jpg
112 KB, 460x344
>>339067634
>BBC 3
>>
File: 1450203446896.jpg (21 KB, 533x533) Image search: [Google]
1450203446896.jpg
21 KB, 533x533
>>339068472
AUGMENTATIONS ARE PROGRESS. THEY ARE THE FUTURE.
>>
File: I keep de beers in da fridge.png (125 KB, 283x327) Image search: [Google]
I keep de beers in da fridge.png
125 KB, 283x327
>>339068737
>A teenage Paul Denton becomes Jensen's wise cracking sidekick.
>>
>>339068737
>young Gunther Hermann

He was in the novel so who knows.
>>
>>339068857
Paul is JANUS
>>
Place your bets on how JC's birth will get forced into the plot. I'm expecting at least a big data file on the Denton's.
>>
>>339068495
>the black chick was in a different game and she was white
who what where now
>>
>>339068857
I was friends with a 35 year old so you're wrong. He even showed me his cool basement and we shot some videos.
>>
File: skul gun pls.jpg (4 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
skul gun pls.jpg
4 KB, 150x150
>>339068737
>tfw you realized they can't bring back gunther's original VA because he's dead
>>
File: 1457807629453.png (235 KB, 400x470) Image search: [Google]
1457807629453.png
235 KB, 400x470
>>339069034
>>
>>339069034
Just get Nolan North to do an impression
>>
>>339068256
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE trans-humans! get out!
>>
File: Untitled.png (925 KB, 1266x668) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
925 KB, 1266x668
WE"RE BREAKING THE CONDITIONING
>>
File: 1463691392015.jpg (134 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1463691392015.jpg
134 KB, 1000x1500
>>339069197
NEVER
>>
File: 1463870415656.png (363 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463870415656.png
363 KB, 1280x720
Will Lucius DeBeers have the same VA? They brought back Bob Page but will they be ready to deal with the fact that the original game's voice acting is awful?
>just remembered the nigger hobo in detroit
oh wait maybe they are
>>
File: Asked For It.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Asked For It.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>>339066490
>tfw never asked for this
>>
>>339069360
How come he gets a sweet ass drone on his arm?
>>
>>339066580
Nice try faggot
>>
>>339069360
>He comes with a handy grip as well
>>
>>339069373
is that agent 47 on the left, will be after you or something?
>>
File: SManatomy.jpg (454 KB, 986x869) Image search: [Google]
SManatomy.jpg
454 KB, 986x869
>>339069197
>Replace a limb
>Transhuman
Naw
>>
hahaha yeah they are right to be afraid... when I will replace my arms with cybernetic arms I will not give a f*** and rip people to shrerds just because I feel like it. and you can stop me. hahahahahahaha.

#mankinddivided #deusex4
>>
Don't be rac- don't have on people with robo pieces.
>>
>>339068983
That mobile game nobody played. She was a pilot.
>>
>>339064743
did you even play HR?
>>
File: angel giuffria.jpg (88 KB, 600x913) Image search: [Google]
angel giuffria.jpg
88 KB, 600x913
>>339069463
CAUSE AUGS ARE THE NEXT STEP IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT.
>>
>>339069576
>and you can stop me.
ok.
>>
>>339069532
>two oppositely colored baldies sitting opposite each other
what could it mean
>>
>>339069360
Konami really took advantage of this poor asshole to pimp MGS5. At least he got to tap that sweet amputee ass in the end.
>>
>>339069685
Cover up the internals you filthy SLUT!
>>
>>339069546
By WH40k standards an augmented human is still human, because there are eldritch horrors and armed fungi threatening the human race. They had to relax the terminology of what is considered human, you know.
>>
>>339069546
Yeah I'm so transhuman brah, I've got like, two whole limbs replaced, I really feel like I've transcended this prison of the flesh, know what I mean?
>>
>>339069523
Nice try with what?
>>
>>339069782
EAT SHIT THAT BITCH S'KOOL!
>>
>>339069647
No, I'm pretty sure that's just someone else you're thinking of.
>>
>>339069817
'Cept there's still questions whether MUHREENS can even be considered human, mostly coming from the inquisition
>>
>>339069685

Why would you have a disc of blue LEDs on your arm?
Seems like it would just draw attention to it.
>>
>tfw you'll never fap with an aug arm
>>
>>339068967
Datapads seems like the only way to address it that isn't completely retarded.
>>
>>339070003
>Emperors children
>Not human
The inquisition are a bunch of heretics.
>>
>>339070004
>not knowing women are attention whores
She wanted it there on purpose
>>
>>339069685
didn't take the pic with the bionic arm. HOW DO WE EVEN KNOW THIS SHIT WORKS!
>>
oh boy another hamfisted analogy for the holocost.
>>
>>339069991
Yeah, Alex Vega. I just looked it up, she's the same person.
>>
>>339070265
A smartphone touchscreen needs a human finger texture to respond.
>>
File: rebekah marine.jpg (43 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
rebekah marine.jpg
43 KB, 750x500
>>339069782
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT
>>
File: touch-screen-gloves-black_2.jpg (109 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
touch-screen-gloves-black_2.jpg
109 KB, 1000x1000
>>339070395
>>
>>339070115
Considering their military branch are daemon-summoning fanatics, nothing new there
>>
>>339070327
Oh, fuck, you're right. I thought you meant the other chick.
>>
File: 1257.jpg (217 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1257.jpg
217 KB, 800x800
>tfw the overarching villain's name is Bob
>>
>>339063997
Get out
>>
>at my aunt's house
>getting my knob polished by a 4/10 hoodrat
>someone is knocking on the door
>"shieeeet bet it's that dude who wants some rent or sum shit"
>it's actually chad
>"I came back for my gf"
>chad punches me into a wall with his mechanical arm
>whips out his mechanical cock
>his gf can't resist and starts sucking him off while he gives her a mean pussyfist with his mechanical arm

FUCKING AUGS MAN I SWEAR GODDAYUM MOTHAFUCKA

#mankinddivided #deusex4
>>
>>339069450
>he actually says the word "rip"
I laff evry tiem
>>
>>339069284
Why this guy look like young alex jones?
>>
>>339061643
pretty sure they riot because the people with the plastic arms all went insane and killed literally millions of people
you'd prefer there not to be any consequences for that?
>>
>>339064685
There's a chip in the brain to allow the skull to interface with the augs, I thought. TY Med pushes out a new chip to deal with 'glitches' that allows for the control. Jensen either gets a new chip but is saved mere moments before the hack, or doesn't get a new chip, but suspiciously stops getting glitches.
>>
>>339061643

>these space age augments Adam has that make JC's look like shit
>Nano Augments make Mechanical Augments look like shit

What the fuck is with Adam's augments? He's the most overpowered character in the series.
>>
>>339065828
>muh human r adaptable

A robot facing a combat situation it's not programmed to deal with is just as fucked as a human in combat situation they have not been trained to deal with.
>>
>>339071356
He's the character in the latest installment.
>>
>>339068593
They already messed up. Page's few augs were meant to be nanoaugs (with the nanoaug testing being done on the Dentons and Simons) but he already has them in 2027.
>>
>>339066484
What makes training better than programming?
>>
>>339071290
>or doesn't get a new chip, but suspiciously stops getting glitches

I assume it was a special EMP that the new chips don't respond too and they just stopped sending them out after they were certain virtually everyone had gotten the chip.
>>
>>339071356
Mechanical augs are relatively crude and require extensive surgery, along with other fuckery
Nano augs have none of that, but are in a prototype stage where only a few people can use them
>>
>>339071487
Jensen's probably already getting primitive nanoaugs, too. Those flash forged blades and the ferrofluid shield.
>>
>>339071678

In DX:MD Adam literally turns in to a lightning bolt and shoots across the room.
>>
>>339066580
>Also consider the fact that many TRY hard to pass, so even if you (more likely a woman) may have shared a bathroom with one without knowing, because they passed or passed enough at your careless glance and you never gave it second thought

Trust me people can tell when you're a tranny.
>>
>>339071554
Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I meant suspicious in that as soon as the new chip is available for a bit, they stop bothering to glitch the old ones. Like all the pieces were in place.
>>
>>339071829
And he's also a special snowflake that actually CAN have a million augs crammed into him without repercussion
>>
>>339071829
Nah, that's just him jumping really hard, plus the same kind of magnetic bullshit he uses in Human Revolution to keep the trajectory flat.
>>
STRENGHT
WE WUZ BIOMETRIC N SHIEEET
>>
Why do they even call it Deus Ex at this point? Storywise it doesen't even have the original's themes anymore and gameplay similarities are just superficial. IW was closer to the original DX.
>>
Who /MichaelMcCann/ here
>>
>>339072084

My main problem with the last one was it was really light on the conspiracy shit.
>>
File: 1463829582433.jpg (50 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1463829582433.jpg
50 KB, 550x550
>>339072118
>my face when they got Sonic Mayhem on board, too
He did the soundtrack for Quake II and III.
>>
>>339072190
Conspiracy shit is fucking dumb though, so they did good.
>>
>>339072190
What exactly do you mean by that? Light on conspiracies, or light on references to real-life conspiracy theories?
>>
>>339062372
I agree, but Halo Reach had some godtier live action shorts
>>
>>339072332

Light on conspiracies.
>>
File: 1428780179873.jpg (19 KB, 293x257) Image search: [Google]
1428780179873.jpg
19 KB, 293x257
>>339072316
>Deus Ex without conspiracies
>>
>>339067379
what I like about this image is that unlike the others, most of what it says doesn't paint him as a degenerate
it's just fucking hilarious
>>
>>339071487
I dunno, Page's augs don't really look like Denton's, apart from the marks on his temples, which he doesn't have yet in 2027. I think it's a mixture.
>>
>new boss of Sarif Industries is a Transgender Aug Woman with black-pink hair

UH OH
>>
>>339072190
The whole plot is about a conspiracy.
>>
>>339072639
Even Warren Spector said they overdid it with the conspiracies in the original. HR had just the right amount.
>>
>>339068592
Just get the 14" Penis Aug, yours for just $12,000.
>>
>>339070436
I wonder if she gives handjobs.
>>
File: 1458663697586.png (650 KB, 1238x998) Image search: [Google]
1458663697586.png
650 KB, 1238x998
>>339071850
Not if they've been on hormones for long enough and have decent surgery.

Problem with the bad ones is they don't have any self awareness to find a look that would let them pass. See the Wu looking like an alien.

I can at least respect Jenner, he/she chose the Mick Jagger/60 yr old 90210 housewife look and at least git 95% of the way there.

Plus I respect the fact that he wasnt delusional enough to try to get his kids to call him mom.

Problem with Current Deus Ex is they're trying to take it too seriously, and now the acting and writing isnt good enough to carry it. Jensen's monologing like he's in Ghost in the Shell, and not doing it well.

The original had that whole thing where Denton sounded incredulous as hell, like he couldn't take any of that illuminati shit seriously.
>>
>>339072865
I thought the balls to the walls conspiracies was fun. Felt a little jarring when HR tried to be a bit more grounded and serious when it's based off a game where all conspiracies are true.
>>
>>339065945
That robot walks like it's desperately trying to hold in a shit.
>>
I'm still not seeing why this has triggered so many people on here. This is coming from a /pol/tard.
>>
>>339072492
Is it, though? You've got FEMA selling out its concentration camps to the highest bidder, you get to walk through the media manipulation division of the world's largest news network and then find out that it's got a fucking AI, you've got the Detroit police, LIMB and Belltower all being used to cover up the suppression of critical technology and you've got the world's largest aug manufacturer and a series of climate engineering projects that secretly run on abducted sacrificial virgins working together on a mass mind control plot.
>>
The whole "debate" shit was played out and not really well done in HR.

They should have gone nanoaug era, go with new characters in places where the original Deus Ex didn't go
>>
>>339073208
because people don't care about themes like this in a game where Majestic 12 has engineered grey aliens and chupacabras
>>
>>339071850
For women, no doubt. We are mostly men here, we don't occupy the women's room. But even still, a man who is early in transition, if he's at least grown his hair long, styled it and wearing women's clothes, head down and a quick walk into the restroom and into a stall, we don't give it a second glance.

As for women that transition to men, there are less of them and they have a HUGE advantage, outside of height, but plenty of regular manlets exist. A woman half a year on testosterone is quite ridiculous - they can build a lot of muscle (they are basically using steroids) and they grow facial hair because of the testosterone. A hipster haircut with the sides buzzed and a scruffy patchy beard does a lot to hide feminine traits.
>>
>>339071987
Yeah, it's actually a bit ridiculous how far they're taking this shit in MD
>>
>>339070834
*Mysterious Jazz music*
>>
File: 1424017410460.png (200 KB, 987x720) Image search: [Google]
1424017410460.png
200 KB, 987x720
How come they don't use the original Deus Ex logo?
>>
File: 1457822366069.jpg (27 KB, 148x216) Image search: [Google]
1457822366069.jpg
27 KB, 148x216
>>339072865
I liked all the conspiracies, personally.
>>
Augs = The Good Guys = Nu-Males
Normies = The Bad Guys = Beta Cucks and Trump Lovers

so that's pretty much it, isn't it?
>>
>>339072118
His stuff is good but it needs to be more melodic. I like atmospheric stuff but in HR there only seemed to be one melody that was dragged slowly in every level, with occasional things to make it fit the area like oriental strings in china.

I dunno man, i want some old fashioned alexander brandon grooves.

>Dat Paris theme
>Dat cathedral theme
>>
>>339072316
>>>339072190
>Conspiracy shit is fucking dumb though, so they did good.

But 1 knew it was dumb and Denton knew it as well. I was snickering the whole fucking game, while Denton talked like a man trying really hard to contain his laughter
>>
>>339069665
They're right, that angle sucked dick and was retarded on many levels.

I can't believe only Sarif could develop mechanical augs, you're telling me NO ONE could do less advanced but still functional augs? That nobody could make counterfeit drugs? That turbogeeks couldn't crack that shit or something? That whole conflict sounded unbelievable as fuck.

Stuff is waaaay too black & white in Human Revolution.
>>
File: pauldenton.jpg (42 KB, 363x651) Image search: [Google]
pauldenton.jpg
42 KB, 363x651
>>339074210
Why do people like you bother posting?
>>
>>339072865
Deus Ex felt more grounded than HR to me, even though it had all the conspiracy themes. Setting in HR feels to futuristic, cyberrenaissance was goofy as fuck.
Setting in original was just like our world, just fucked beyond the point of recovery with some cyberpunk sprinkled on to of it.
>>
>>339074697
Yeah it's really awkward when the prequel to a game (set 16 years in the future from release) is much more futuristic than the original (set 52 years into the future)
>>
>>339072753
what?
>>
>>339061643
I think you'd fear someone who could collapse your skull with a single augmented punch too. The 'plastic' arms in Deus Ex aren't just plastic. They're more than capable of horrific literal superhuman deeds that not everyone can afford, or deal with due to the need to be permanently drugged to keep them.
Even if you weren't afraid of someone who could do these things, there are more than enough people who would be.
>>
>>339074430
>I can't believe only Sarif could develop mechanical augs, you're telling me NO ONE could do less advanced but still functional augs?
Tai Yong Medical, for one.
>>
>>339073352
>>339073208

Plus Gits and Deus Ex is the kind of world where we have the technology for sjw shit to actually kind of work.

In a world where your own humanity is in question (hell its practically optional) , gender race and etc actually has room to be as variable as SJW wish it could be.

Shit, GITS stand alone complex had that one guy who put his brain in a cheap piece of shit robo cube, and Motoko literally abandons her humanity so that she could "reproduce" in a way that would make Richard Stallman Proud
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.