[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is the furthest I've ever gotten in mega man. Do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
So this is the furthest I've ever gotten in mega man. Do people generally find this game hard or am I just not grasping the mechanics?
>>
File: mega-man-2-usa.png (2 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
mega-man-2-usa.png
2 KB, 256x240
The first game is the hardest. It eases up on #2, for the US and PAL versions. The jappo version was kinda hard though.
There was no difficulty option in Japan. The one we got as the "difficult" setting, was in fact the games normal setting.
>>
>>339053814
Mega Man 1 is probably the hardest of the NES games, if you are having trouble with it play 4 or 5 first, they are the easiest.
>>
Casuals on /v/ will probably call it hard but it's a very easy game if you play stuff from the time period. You just haven't gotten into the flow of things yet. For one you started with two of the hardest robot masters in the game besides Fireman. Gutsman/Bombman are very good starting points.
>>
>>339053814
I find the game really difficult as well, but only because of how it has aged. Timing platforms and stuff is really hard because I've adjusted to newer games. I used to beat harder games as a babby, I can't play them for shit now unless I invest some time into readjusting to them.
>>
It's a learning process anon. It's still admittedly hard, but the more you play it the more it makes sense to you.
>>
>>339054615
Welp I started on 1 so now I don't want to give up

>>339054620
But isnt that the order you need to do for power ups/weaknesses?

>>339054915
I find the movements really mushy/clunky, despite egoraptor saying they were super tight in sequilitis. Maybe I'm just used to modern stuff like super meat boy.
>>
>>339053814
It's sort of hard by today's standards but it's not THAT hard apart from some bullshit like Ice Man's stage and Yellow Devil.
>>
>>339055363
I tried the yellow devil fight in isolation and I couldnt damage him more than like 5 points. I hope I fucking improve by then
>>
>>339055326
>egoraptor

Stop. Don't listen to the shit that asshole spews out. For your own good.
>>
Be aware that you will need to go back to elecman's stage to get the magnet beam.
Also, use the select glitch if you really need to. The hitboxes on the bosses in MM1 are very obnoxious.
>>
If you are planning to play the entire series I suggest you skip 1
Powered up is a remake of 1 that fixes everything wrong with it and add a shitload of content
>>
File: 1462932071836.jpg (26 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1462932071836.jpg
26 KB, 540x720
>1 is the hardest

Huh? I beat it on a 8 hour car drive using a NES emulator.
>>
>>339054615
Is hard but not the most hard in the nes, castlevania iii, ninja gaiden and Battletoads are harder than megaman 1
>>
MM1 only gets harder in the wily levels.
The regular ones are really manageable.
>>
How transferrable are skills between different games? Does being good at mega man ever make games like bloodborne easier?
>>
>>339057243
No. Is that a joke? The only thing that can transfer over is patience.
>>
Did you know you can use the Blue Line weapon to bypass the areas of the Dropping plats and the moving plats in gutsman and Iceman stages? Try it out. Make the lines long then jump on them. Make another one jump on that one then make more.
>>
The only difficulty of MM1 is not having 1 hour or less to beat it on one sitting
>>
File: 1400375894118.jpg (26 KB, 680x496) Image search: [Google]
1400375894118.jpg
26 KB, 680x496
>>339057243
>>
>>339053814
Probably the mechanics. Guts Man's lifts can be a nightmare, potentially, even when it's really not supposed to be.

At any rate, the bosses are a pain until you learn their patterns.

The real hell is in Wily's Castle 2. If you want to use a guide to avoid the spikes you can unfairly fall on, I don't blame you one bit.

>>339054415
2 isn't particularly hard at all, but Heat Man's disappearing blocks are completely and unarguably bad design, and the Crash Bomb Walls boss is bullshit (particularly because you then have to grind for weapon energy).
>>
>>339057147
I think he meant the "megaman games on the NES". Not the hardest of all the NES games.
>>
>>339058141
>particularly because you then have to grind for weapon energy
No you don't, git gud at aiming
>>
>>339058232
That fight is too vague the first time around. Going blind, you don't even know if you're supposed to blow the walls up, or destroy the switches in order and the walls come down as you destroy exposed switches.

Or did you cheat?
>>
>>339058232
You do if you use the weapon at any point before in the stage and end up dying because the boss becomes impossible without enough weapon energy, which isn't unlikely to happen on a first playthrough.
>>
>>339058626
I didn't meant first time, fair enough then
>>
>>339058965
Gotcha.

Yeah, it sounds like OP is going through it all for the first time.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.