[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have I never seena nyone complaining about no dedicated servers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: women can be strong too.png (235 KB, 390x371) Image search: [Google]
women can be strong too.png
235 KB, 390x371
Why have I never seena nyone complaining about no dedicated servers? It's 2016!

Even console shooters have this now.

>can't have a fav public server you play on with rivals you love-hate
>can't have fav publiv sercer with custom rules and certain maps you like
>if a few guys leave connection is lost and game puts you into a new room with new random guys every time
>can't even switch teams
>not sure if it's even possible to play against friends you invited, probably not

Did we just lower our standards for this game? Why?

Also see

>>339051595
>>339051595
>>339051595
>>
Does no one care? Has no one who plays Overwatch ever played any shooters before? Any Valve stuff? How can you not miss dedicated servers.

This is some 90s shit.
>>
So, I'm the only Overwatch player who played other shooters. Well then.
>>
>>339053463
Just a few years ago any mention of dedicated servers absence in any new game would get your usual /v PCuck in the state of "FUCK THIS CONSOLIZED GARBAGE". But now it's okay because Valve does this. PCucks are the biggest spineless scum on this earth.
>>
>>339054284
its a game for the moba audience, you very likely are
>>
>>339054456
No, I'm not.

It's a shooter and should have dedicated servers like fucking every other competitive shooter. This is embarrasing. How can people ignore this?
>>
Of all the shit /v/ complains about this shit seems completely absent, I fucking hate matchmaking.
>>
You can't even look for a fucking specific game MODE. Everything is random. Jesus Christ.
>>
I don't play p2p shooters, period.

playing a shooter without a dedicated server is probably the biggest design flaw a multiplayer shooter can have

I remember the great p2p system in w40k: space marine:
>be host
>starts to lag suddenly
>nobody can hit me anymore
>able to hit most people normally
>win round pretty much solo

but it's only fun if you are the host. in most games, you won't be one, and that means you are at the mercy of some incestuous first-world-diversifier.
>>
this is why i didnt buy it

im not sure why so many faggots are lapping it up

dedis are part of the benefits of pc gaming, it builds a community
>>
>>339054874
p2p has always been a highly flawed and biased system for multiplayer.
And dedicated official servers usually proved too much upkeep and would usually be shutdown after the game is no longer profitable.

We fucking solved this decades ago with player hosted servers, and yet now we are regressing.
>>
>>339053224
>3 minute timers in between 10 min matches

This is really eating at my enjoyment of the game
>>
File: 1443295178358.jpg (60 KB, 422x600) Image search: [Google]
1443295178358.jpg
60 KB, 422x600
>>339055156
>We fucking solved this decades ago with player hosted servers, and yet now we are regressing.

this. I can only assume that player hosted server are dying because the industry hates people playing old games and not buying the new ones.

because even though they are using p2p, you still need to log in over an authentication server. without those, nobody can play.
>>
The thread /v/ needs but doesn't deserve. RIP.
>>
>>339055469
Yup, too bad Gamespy shut down, looks like it might be the end of an era.
>>339056134
RIP
>>
>>339056134
yeah, RIP
>>
Fuck dedicated servers. It's what ruins battlefield games.
Want to play vanilla map rotation and game rules?

FUCK YOU! instaspawn vehicles no respawn timer and 24/7 TDM only!
>>
>>339054456
If you want a moba fps play Battleborn :)
>>
>>339053224
Go play your dead game if you want, nobody holding you
>>
Bunch of samefaggots, just thinking of different ways to complain about shit, kill yourselves and the world would be a better place.
>>
>>339057190
k I'll wait like 3 hours though maybe it drops to 20$ buy then :^)
>>
>>339053224
I'm pretty sure the game does use dedicated servers

20 tickrate is still a fucking joke though
>>
>>339053224
Nobody listened to the complaints
Developers have to answer to publishers
Publishers only care about money
Dedicated servers costs more money

Nobody stopped caring. Somebody stopped listening.
>>
File: 1462464408965.png (2 MB, 1024x1821) Image search: [Google]
1462464408965.png
2 MB, 1024x1821
Feels good being a "casual" after so long of caring. Playing for fun is great.
>>
>>339058304
oh but I should clarify, no private dedicated servers but when you are playing a match you are not depending on any one player's connection.

This thread is literally pointless
>>
>>339058304
>>339058413
Oh yeah and just a friendly reminder that all these people literally typed more words in this thread than typing 'overwatch dedicated servers' into google and seeing what a sham this whole thread was.

These are the same people that post in every other thread on this board.

>daily reminder that this is the quality of people on this board and you should never forget that whenever you read a post
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.