[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was it that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: DukeNukemForever.jpg (47 KB, 250x315) Image search: [Google]
DukeNukemForever.jpg
47 KB, 250x315
Was it that bad?
>>
>was it bad?
yes

>was it THAT bad?
no
>>
>>339035382
>was it bad?
no
>was it THAT bad?
yes
>>
>>339035095
Yes, but at least it was better than other Gearbox disasters such as Borderlands and Aliens Colonial Marines, for what that's worth.
>>
File: 1443046875406.png (2 MB, 3500x4194) Image search: [Google]
1443046875406.png
2 MB, 3500x4194
>shittest level design
>low movement speed and low health
>2-4 weapon limit
>bosses literally required explosive weapons
>dlc ended up slightly better than the main game
>tfw i got the BoS edition
I wanted it to be good so badly
>>
>>339035095
Yes. It tried acting all cheeky by making fun of modern shooters in the superficial sense, but it outright emulated them where it counts, in its mechanics. Fuck regenerating health, fuck 2 weapon limits, fuck driving sections, fuck this game.
>>
>>339035095
it's a miracle this game wasn't canceled
I felt sad the whole playthrough because I saw the good ideas that were badly executed
>>
They literally could have taken all the gags and just slapped them on Duke 3D and you'd have a better game.
>>
>>339036821
Be careful what you wish for...
>>
>>339036925
Like I care.
>>
>>339038006
Enjoy your Bazinga, then.
>>
Time to Kill was objectively the best Duke Nukem game
>>
>>339038179
No anon, you are the bazinga.
>>
>>339035095
They tried to make up for their shitty work by 4th wall breaking about it, so they knew it was a piece of shit game and released it anyway.

that doesn't make up for the money I spent on your shitty game
>>
Reminder that Randy "Bobandy" Pitchford is a real cocknozzle, pulled Duke3D from all outlets and wants to re-release it with gratuitous memes inserted in it
>>
File: bazinga.png (77 KB, 864x663) Image search: [Google]
bazinga.png
77 KB, 864x663
>>339039175
>>
>>339039175
And everyone will just pirate the original, fucking them over.
>>
No. It was fine, just flawed.
>>
>>339035095
I wouldn't even call it bad, just really 'meh'.
I didn't have very high expectations, but I was confused as fuck when I saw the hate towards it and how people were saying it didn't live up to Duke 3D...
That game wasn't exactly anything amazing. It was like trying to be Doom, but sucking at it. Only thing saving it was Duke himself. And that's pretty much what I paid for with this game... Duke.

Game just seems like standard arse FPS without anything special about it. Like how Half Life is just your standard gameplay of first person shooter. Run, jump, crouch, shoot... That's it. Except beyond the gameplay, there's just not much engaging besides the Duke humour.
And yeah, the jokes and shit were dated as fuck, but several at least gave me a chuckle here and there. I remember how pissy some nerds got when the Master Chief armour appeared and he implied he was a pussy. That was just funny to me because, by comparison, it's true.

But yeah, not bad, not good, just meh. Huge overreaction to the game imo.
>>
Got a good few faps out of it.
Single player was shit, amateur stuff.
Multiplayer was pretty bad but fun for a while.
>>
There were multiple version of this game made and all of them were better than Duke Nukem Forever 2011

The best version of them all was Duke Nukem Forever 2001

Here is the trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDlB2P1leRM

So far we know that fucking gearbox still has that build stocked somewhere

Everyday I hope it will be leaked so we can finally play that game
>>
PS4 remaster when?
>>
>>339041901
Duke3D was extremely well received because of the stellar gameplay, Duke's character just added some spice in the mix. DNF's issue was the Duke focus, what would've happened if he was replaced with some random action hero? In that way, it really didn't live up to the 90's classic, and the inordinate amounts of hype surrounding it didn't help one bit either.

>>339046012
Considering that a lot of that trailer is more or less a CGI movie powered by Unreal and interspersed with game footage, I'd wager the build isn't all that hot in terms of actual gameplay. Sure, if they stuck to their guns and produced a game similar to the trailer it could be legendary, but as it is it's likely just a generic nigh unplayable internal pre-alpha development build shitfest.

Duke Nukem Forever 2013 does exist though and it's glorious, you should play it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqBJ7iX5a-o
>>
>>339048535
>DNF's issue was the Duke focus
And of course I worded that like an idiot. What I meant to say was that the game depended too much on Duke carrying the game, instead of just making a decent game that happens to star Duke
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.