[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battleborn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: barelyborn and already dead.png (403 KB, 1347x687) Image search: [Google]
barelyborn and already dead.png
403 KB, 1347x687
What went so terribly wrong?
>>
>>339027017

Fuck off. Battleborn is 5vs5 so 3,000 players are more than enough to find a game
>>
No marketing and no sey characters
>>
>>339027017
CHECK
THE
CATALOG
FAGGOT

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OVERSHILLED CRAP
BATTLEBORN IS CRAP WE KNOW WE DONT NEED 100 THREADS TO REMIND US YOU OVERWATCH SHILLS ARE HERE

FUCK OFF FAGGOT
>>
>>339027017

The non-stop forced competition between Battleborn and Overwatch here and on all other video game sites as well as Blizzard fanboys crapping on Battleborn spreading lies while promoting Overwatch.
>>
>>339027017
I own neither Batleborn or Overwatch, but I like Bloodborn's heroes more based on previews.
>>
>>339027120
There is more people in Black Ops 2 multiplayer. I would argue there is more people playing Quake 3 or CoD4 right now than Battleborn.
>>
>>339027127

>a game should sell based on marketing instead of gameplay
>a game needs sexy waifus

What happened to this place? Now you retards only buy games based on which one has the most tv commercials and make your dicks tingle
>>
>>339027510
>a game should sell based on marketing instead of gameplay
>a game with no to minimal marketing should sell well
Bruh, they dug their grave thinking word of mouth would save them. I've met people who had no idea it was released.
>>
What is this, like the 8th game that Blizzard murdered with unethical business practices?
>>
>Gearbox being one modest company

Couldn't even read past there.
>>
>>339027120
except when they are all playing single player
winch is bad for a game promoted as an "overwatch killer"
>>
>>339027120

>3,000 less than a month after release

They're going to be at Evolve numbers before the year is out.
>>
>>339027758
There was nothing for the to kill in the first place. It's not a good game.
>>
>>339027120
Hey man, seen you in the other thread.
Gotta say it's nice to shit all over your head and on your dead game.
>>
>>339027120
It's at 3k after one month, the game is going to be completely devoid of life within six.
>>
>>339027017
God awful/non-existent marketing killed the game.
>>
>>339027758
>unethical business practices

what are you referring to?
>>
File: neverforget.png (138 KB, 250x311) Image search: [Google]
neverforget.png
138 KB, 250x311
>>339027017
Gearbox, that's my reason.
I was somewhat piqued when I saw it first, then I saw Gearbox was attached to it and I said NOPE.

The shit they pulled with Aliens:Colonial Marines is downright criminal. People bitch on Bioware and Mass Effect 3's ending and that was bad enough for poor and anticlimactic storytelling. But Gearbox pulled theft and fraud towards the public and their publishers and got away with it, to a degree. I'm certain that there are many that are still salty though that won't let Gearbox live it down.
>>
>>339027017
Blizzard is shilling so hard and they manipulate the market.

The false flaggin on the Battleborn forum. They false flagging on reddit /v/ and everywhere else to destroy the name of Battleborn.

Blizzard is disgusting, for manipulated the competition!
>>
a) Art style is kinda bad, wrong direction
b) Overwatch looks alot better and smoother
c) You cant outmarked Blizzard. Just look whats going on here. Such a simple game with ~20 heroes and 3 maps gets shilled to hell and back with 5-10 threads open at the same time 24/7. Its like diablo3 when people start saying "BUT WITH ROS ITS BETTER THAN D2 ITS REALLY GOOD TRY IT", even though nothing of its original problems got fixed.

Jeez, why am I even posting here, I managed to avoid all those crappy threads like the plague they are.
>>
>>339027758
Gearbox killed themselves making unethical choices that led to the shit show that was Colonial Marines.
>>
>>339028690

Damn straight anon, I'm one of em. I love anything to do with the Alien franchise and they butchered it.
>>
File: 1363135748246.jpg (64 KB, 275x278) Image search: [Google]
1363135748246.jpg
64 KB, 275x278
>>339027017
tfw you never bought a Gearbox
>>
>>339027017
>gearbox
>modest company

uh...
>>
>>339027510
>What happened to this place?
/v/ has never really liked Gearbox, they make shallow games filled with memes, awful writing, and annoying characters.
>>
File: 1456145431444.jpg (34 KB, 266x324) Image search: [Google]
1456145431444.jpg
34 KB, 266x324
>>339027017
i feel bad for the team, gearbox can eat more shit tho.
>>
>>339028690
what are you talking about? It wasn't that bad
>>
Gearbox: The company who made one good expansion for half-life and then somehow stayed alive almost 20 years without ever making a good game again
>>
Battleborn is the spiritual successor to Monday Night Combat, and part of Monday Night Combat is that it fucking dies.
I wonder if it's even possible to keep a game like that alive.
>>
>>339028173
They never even hit half of evolves total players.
>>
File: brian_approved.png (382 KB, 593x549) Image search: [Google]
brian_approved.png
382 KB, 593x549
>still playing battlebore
>not playing feminist approved shooters
even brian thinks this game has ugly waifus
>>
>>339027510
battleborn as none
i didn't even know it existed 3 weeks ago
they should have done way more commercials
>>
MORE LIKE STILLBORN AMIRITE?
>>
>>339036057
>tfw the right one is sexier

Not seeing the problem here
>>
How come I never once heard about Battleborn until Overwatch had its little playable beta?

Overwatch had been discussed now and then prior to people trying it out, mostly shitposting but it was still discussion, but I don't remember Battleborn at all.
>>
>>339036057
>Wu likes it

somehow i feel like i have to like it less now
>>
>>339028690
Never played it. What was wrong with it?
>>
>>339027017
Battle born=new TORTanic
>>
Two big things, piss poor marketing/advertisement and trying to compete directly with Blizzard.

There was an extreme lack of advertising all through Battleborn development- if you didn't already follow what Gearbox does odds are you didn't hear about the game until it's release date and saw it on Steam. I never saw an add or commercial for the game even leading into release, and the character videos being released now should have been used to build hype before release.

And a lot of the problem is trying to compete with the monster that is Blizzard. Blizzard is a master of the hype machine, having a limited beta and inviting some of the most well known streamers to generate buzz, releasing short animated movies and comics, and most recently renting out buildings across the world to show off super sized toys. People are frothing at the mouth to play Overwatch thanks to all of this. Blizzard also released their open beta during Battleborn launch, so that didn't help matters. And Blizzard has a gigantic fan base that will eat up any content so long as that blue logo is there.

I like Battleborn, and I really hope it succeeds, but whoever is in charge of their marketing the last year needs to be fired for incompetence.
>>
>>339038341
>There was an extreme lack of advertising all through Battleborn development- if you didn't already follow what Gearbox does odds are you didn't hear about the game until it's release date and saw it on Steam.
Going to be honest here, did not know what Battleborn was till I saw 1 or 2 things of it on Shadbase... Shad actually made their awful designs look better.

Not exactly the way that their marketing department would hope consumers would learn about the game.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.