[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://archive.is/rfMfe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88
File: Untitled.png (497 KB, 824x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
497 KB, 824x1080
Where were you when video games officially kill?

Discuss elitism myths and casual misconceptions here.
>>
>>338870460
Oh noes game journalists who are shit at video games are defending their profession therefore gaming is dead.

OR you could just continue to do what you've already been doing and that's to fucking ignore polygon because everyone knows that it's a shitty website.
>>
File: 1384652779828.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1384652779828.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
Literally every time something happens these runny-nosed blue balled fucks immediately start blaming their target audience.
What the fuck are they trying to achieve? You're reporting about a highly competitive and trash talky medium. Was the DOOM player from Polygon so fucking distraught at the comments that he needed all of his little sloppy seconds friends to come help him out or what?
This is fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 1442712118177.jpg (40 KB, 680x848) Image search: [Google]
1442712118177.jpg
40 KB, 680x848
>>338870460
>>
>>338870460
>advanced skill
srsly.
>>
>>338870791
Basically yes. They've been trying to push this retarded opinion that game journos who are reviewing games don't have to have even a BASIC capacity for playing games. It's ridiculous. If polygon were a site designed to review games for grandmas with fucking arthritis I might agree with this statement but otherwise fuck off
>>
>>338870460
Next one will be "Why we even need viewers"
>>
What a stupid thread.
Ignore the faggots and go play video games.
>>
>>338871060
I just played overwatch for like 5 hours. I even started getting POTG, particularly as reinhardt. God bless that rocket knight.
>>
>>338870460
He doesn't even know what constitutes a good k/d
>>
>>338870460

>Why we need blind and deaf film critics
>Why we need deaf music critics
>Why we need book critics who cannot read
>Why we need food critics who have no tongue
>>
>>338870460
>You need to at least be able to experience the content on a basic level

And with that line he contradicted everything he had previously said. The Polygon guy playing Doom wasnt even able to do that
>>
>>338870460
"Why bother playing videogames? Just buy them!"
>>
File: consider the following.gif (496 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.gif
496 KB, 500x385
Whether we like it or not challenge is an inherit part of the artistic medium and despite what these people think it does greatly affect a game. Dark Souls or Hotline Miami would lose a major part of it's individuality of the challenge behind them were gone.

That said, if you want to play a game and not get gud, why not play those types of games? Just like some game work specifically to be challenging many others don't. Point and Click adventures have always been popular for it's accessibility since all you need is a functioning brain to solve puzzles and even some more action based games like Overwatch, a brand new game that's very popular at the moment, is known for being casual friendly and leveling the playing field. Not every game should be hardcore skill based mouse moment and likewise not every game should be casual and oversimplified.

If you don't like horror, don't watch horror films.
If you don't like challenging games, don't play challenging games.
>>
>>338871726
They have a easy mode in most games. Some of them are so easy you barely have to do anything and you will beat the game.

The uber casuals are less likely to even look at a video game news site of any kind.
>>
>>338872021
>The uber casuals are less likely to even look at a video game news site of any kind
The uber casuals are most likely to play whatever's trending, regardless of if they are good at the game or not. And of course, if they are not, they're gonna be loud and obnoxious as fuck about how the game is so hard and unfair
>>
I don't think the issue was him not being great but instead that he was fucking awful.
>>
File: RLM_MikeStoklasa.jpg (31 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
RLM_MikeStoklasa.jpg
31 KB, 720x480
>>338870460

It's shit like this that makes me think I was completely wrong about gamergate.
>>
Why we need book reviewers to not speak English

Think about it, not everyone speaks English. Shouldn't there be book reviews that captures this audience? When you buy an English language novel and you don't speak English, you need to know what to expect. Maybe you speak a little English, but not well enough to be fluent. You need reviews that speak to your level of English comprehension.
>>
>>338870660
>OR you could just continue to do what you've already been doing and that's to fucking ignore polygon because everyone knows that it's a shitty website.
I don't understand how they get any traffic. Everyone knows it's garbage but they're still around.
>>
I SAW THE FUCKING POLYGON VIDEO

THE PERSON COULDNT FUCKING AIM AND MOVE HE SHOUDLNT BE REVIEWING A GAME AND DESERVES TO BE MOCKED

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ELITISM FFS
>>
>>338870460
>video game blogosphere
I don't have an anime girl puking enough for an adequate reaction image.
>>
Being able to move and aim at the same time is a pretty basic skill requirement for a first person shooter
>>
File: free.jpg (84 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
free.jpg
84 KB, 600x857
I don't trust the word of anyone who plays vidya worse than me. You can't figure out a fucking controller/KB+M, I can't be fucked to listen to you.
>>
>>338871006
For anyone who hasn't seen the footage it's not like he just kept dying at one section of the game. Whoever played couldn't even kill just a regular enemy.
>>
>>338870460
>You'd consider a kdr below 1 to be bad
Yes.
And if that Polygon reviewer were to play Doom multiplayer he would have a KD of 0 every single game.

There is a difference between bad and utter shit.
>>
>>338872342
>Why we need book reviewers to not speak English
I mean, if the same book is in Russian and the reviewer can speak Russian then it's not a big deal.

That analogy wasn't very good, you should've said something like:
"Why do we need book critics to be literate?"
>>
>>338872021
That's what I don't like about easy modes these days. What's worse is when normal mode is really hard while easy is too easy.
>>
File: girl.png (303 KB, 434x470) Image search: [Google]
girl.png
303 KB, 434x470
>proffesional video gamer
>>
>>338870460
holy shit of course reviewers for products should be well-versed/capable at utilizing said product

you think I'd watch RLM if Mike & Jay were just a bunch of fucking hack frauds? No, they talk about the intricacies in film.

Reviewers are supposed to point out shit that the average person might miss about the thing being reviewed. That's why people read reviews. If they just wanted to know if their friend Greg liked the burgers at some fucking restaurant they'd ask them but no people will go to a food reviewer.

I think this fucking mindset of "anyone should be able to review" started with yelp. I'm not saying Yelp is bad. I like Yelp, I like customer reviews on Amazon. But people shouldn't be fucking paid for Yelp/Amazon reviews because they're not experts on the matter.
>>
>>338870460
You know, if video game reviewers only talked about artstyle, soundtrack, story, character design and voices, relevance to previous titles, and similar features that don't depend on player input, then yes, it would be fine if a reviewer sucked at playing the game.

But if your criticism or praise delves into how difficult or easy or simplistic a game or a part of it is, then your failure to achieve even basic standards makes you the equivalent of someone who complains that they didn't understand a movie because they kept looking at their phone during it. It's not the movie or the game's fault that you suck, and pinning the blame on them marks you for an excuse maker in place of a supposed professional.
>>
The truth is if you suck at games you aren't going to enjoy them. So your review will always be skewed.
>>
File: 1463001392446.jpg (34 KB, 480x370) Image search: [Google]
1463001392446.jpg
34 KB, 480x370
>>338870460
Skill is necessary to appreciate video games on any lever other than completely superficial. A 'review' of a game written by someone who can barely even play the game is a baseless subjective opinion, not the sort of informed opinion that belongs in a game review.

It's like reviewing whiskey. I drink whiskey, hell, I enjoy drinking whiskey, but I could scarcely tell you the difference from a $200 dollar bottle and a $15 bottle. This is because I have not taken the time to learn to appreciate whiskey on a level that would make my opinion, my review, worth anything.

If a game reviewer writes a review of a game they're terrible at, they're drinking the whiskey to get drunk, not to appreciate it on any meaningful level. Thusly, their opinion isn't worth anything. I'm not saying they need to be absolutely amazing at the game, just that they need to be good enough to taste the difference between a $15 bottle and a $200 bottle.
>>
>>338873496
i wonder how the reviewer that sucked at doom rated uncharted 4 and the order
>>
BASING A REVIEW ON LET'S PLAYS IS JUST AS LEGITIMATE AS PLAYING THEM
>>
File: 1451678601406.gif (373 KB, 285x481) Image search: [Google]
1451678601406.gif
373 KB, 285x481
>>338870460
This is also the guy who wants dark souls to have an easy mode.

It doesn't surprise me he'd say this.
>>
>>338870460
that sort of faggot would still give dark soul 20/10 though.
>>
>>338870460
>video game critics/journalists now spend more time criticizing their intended audience than the games they're paid to criticize
>>
>>338870460
I love it when articles have this kind of condescending tone.
>>
>>338870460
I wonder how much they pay him.
Yiu think someone ontop if him writes down bullet points that he has to get across in his post?
>>
>>338872679
You can tell he played it on easy because when he stopped shooting the enemies didn't attack back.
>>
>>338872752
He LITERALLY couldn't hit the zombies in the very first seconds of the game.
>>
>>338871352
There are blind movie critics out there, but I'm sure they're more passionate than anyone at Polygon.
>>
>>338870460
>Why do I have to sit still for 4 hours to watch Hamlet? Why do I have to listen to what they're saying? Why can't I just clap loudly through the whole thing?
>Why do I have to have a basic level of fitness in order to play tennis? What if I just can't be bothered and would rather just chase my opponent around?
>Why do I have to be able to read in order to enjoy this book? Can't I just rub my nose against the pages to get the experience. The writers need to cater for me.
>Why do I have to LOOK at the art in this gallery in order to understand it? I'd rather stare at the ceiling and talk about that instead.
>Why do I have to proof read my article in order to pick up glaring typos like "reviwers". Can't I just click send and get paid so I can go back to thinking about inequality?
>Why do I have to even review games? What if I just don't feel like it? Why can't I just rub my balls along the keyboard and submit whatever comes out to my editor?
>>
>>338874776
>>338874806
>>338872679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE
hot fuck
>>
>>338874806
I get the feeling he's the type of guy that claims he's been a huge fan of the original Doom games since he was a child too
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1136x179) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1136x179
But anon, how am supposed to good be at games if can me no even write good?
>>
>>338870460
Them not needing to be good at games reminds me od that reviewer who played some indie game on easy and complained About the lack of content, which it turns out there was more if they had just played in normal. They were alerted to this fact by the dev on Twitter. Then they edited the review but made no.memtion of their mistake

A k/D ratio is a bad way to arbitrarily blanket all skill in most FPSs.

Should there be half literate book reviewers?
>>
File: happy hercule.png (250 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
happy hercule.png
250 KB, 530x300
>Why We Need Video Game Reviewers To Suck At Games

Holy shit, what a world.

Well, at least they finally admit they suck.
>>
>literally part of your job description is to play video games
>you are bad at that

And what does that mean, class?
>>
http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/05/19/gaming-skill-matters-to-gaming-in-the-same-way-reading-is-necessary-to-understand-literature/
>>
>>338875059
Pretty much sums it, God liberal arts faggots ruins everything.
>>
File: 1432824646535s.jpg (9 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1432824646535s.jpg
9 KB, 250x243
>>338870460
>The anger is more esoteric: that they are no longer the most important demographic in games, that their opinion is not the only one that matters, that they must share their toys. Get over it and play some video games. #nooblife

>le gamers are dead xD

wow, this dude is a little bit late to the party
>>
>>338875091
That's the only time I've felt horrified from Doom.
>>
>>338875091
>My nearly 60 year old mother has better motorskills than some balding sanfran faggot at polygon
I don't even
>>
>>338875091
It's the running up to enemies and shooting over their shoulders that kills me.
>>
>>338870460
>we need people to suck at their jobs
>>
>>338875478
It's kind of hard to deny when there's video evidence
>>
>>338875798
>and we're going to insult you until you agree that we're right
>>
File: 1418956584480.jpg (28 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1418956584480.jpg
28 KB, 800x600
>>338875059
heh
>>
The author's elitism is not a myth, sadly.
>>
>>338875650
>>338875701
>>338875732
i could literally play better with one hand
does this guy only have one hand? that'd explain everything
>>
>>338875828
That's why they've moved on to finger-pointing, deflection, and justification. Denial won't work so it's time to double-down and demand other people change their standards in place of, you know, actually improving your own skill.
>>
File: AyoTeach2.jpg (32 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
AyoTeach2.jpg
32 KB, 400x295
>>338875512
Yo teach, it means that Jimmy has a Gameboy in his backpack!
>>
>>338875939
Too soon ;_;
>>
File: 1039 - zfxb7hq.jpg (9 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1039 - zfxb7hq.jpg
9 KB, 228x221
>>338876023
fuck you Demetri
you're just mad cause the teacher found out your parents just send you to school with a pack of cigarettes everyday
>>
File: 123456712378.jpg (26 KB, 535x377) Image search: [Google]
123456712378.jpg
26 KB, 535x377
>Kotaku is about to get leg dropped by Hulk with the rest of Gawker
>The rest of the journalists are now damage controlling Polygon being retards when it comes to vidya
>Gaming journalism will die
Where were you when GG won?
>>
>>338875973
I remember watching a video where a one-handed guy played Dark Souls, and relatively well, too.
>>
>>338872336
>>338870460
Reminder that this is the side you chose to support. You've dug your grave, now lie in it.
>>
>>338870460
>the people who are also good at games need to people to tell them what to play
>so many unnecessary commas when things could've been worded better without them

guess internet article sites don't need good editors either
>>
>>338876213
Listening to the roller coaster ride that was that trial

The Gawker guy seriously thought there was no way he would lose
>>
>>338870460
This shit exists only in video game reviews and it's baffling.

It's like if a car reviewer couldn't drive and complained when they couldn't figure out how to start car or immediately crashed.

The proud ignorance of their people is fucking insane.

Not everyone has to be a fucking instant pro but if you can't even get the bare minimum understanding of the game then what's the point you won't enjoy it!

How long do these reviewers have? 15 minutes?

Fuck it's how proud they are to be retarded that really irks me.
>>
>>338876213
Losing a fistfight and then finding out later that your opponent died of a heart attack the next day might make you happy but it hardly means you won the fight.
>>
>>338876404
They don't put any effort into the rest of their job, why start when they're almost done?
>>
File: fun.png (536 KB, 825x817) Image search: [Google]
fun.png
536 KB, 825x817
Reminds me of this.
>>
>>338876478
Unless you start telling people that it means you did and keep at it long enough until it's accepted as truth.
>>
>>338870460
>Advanced skill
>Couldn't kill an imp on easy

That reviewer then said that the game was too hard and the pacing was slow.

Believe it or not people have to be good at their job or the subject matter their job entails.
>>
>>338870460

So can I make professional reviews of cars without having any kind of knowledge about them? Neat.
>>
Literally a blog.
>>
>>338876631
That's a parody right? It's gotta be
>>
>>338870460
Is there any other job on the planet where someone would say
>YA KNOW MAYBE IT'S GOOD IF SOME PEOPLE PAID TO DO THIS THING WERE ACTUALLY SHIT AT THIS THING AND COMPLETELY UNQUALIFIED

Could you imagine ordering a burger and then sending it back because it was too good and therefore insulting to low-skill chefs?
>>
>>338876631
>Is gameplay holding back videogames?
WHAT THE FUCK.
>>
>>338876631
>Pong is a given, it almost singlehandedly started the gaming
Did anyone even like Pong?
>>
>>338876907
>Could you imagine ordering a burger and then sending it back because it was too good and therefore insulting to low-skill chefs?
At the rate we're going I wouldn't be surprised if someone starts doing this.
>>
>>338876741

You can, the only difference is there won't be a hoard of people writing articles defending you when car lovers call you out.
>>
>>338876907
Probably comics, but it's the same people saying it so I don't know if that counts
>>
>>338876446

I half expect him to refuse to pay, claiming he's not obligated to pay because he doesn't believe in the patriarchy or something and wont bend to their whims.

If something like this actually happened, I would not be surprised.
>>
So exactly what should video game reviewers do? they are bad at videogames, they are unable to offer anything as journalists, their reviews offers nothing I couldn't tell from a let's play on youtube. What are they offering to me as buyer? why do people give them money?
>>
>>338876898
some blog posted on ign
>>
>>338877074
They get paid in guilt tax. If you don't pay they make you feel guilty for [insert -ism here]. It's like the mob, except with pink hair and gauges.
>>
>>338870460
Is this bait?
I can see the reasoning that a review for Dota 2 aimed at the average plaer shouldnt focus on high end details about cast points and shit, but it's pretty basic reasoning that a reviewer should be at leat adequate at the game if he's going to understand it well enough to give it a score.
>>
If you are looking to buy a motorbike, would you read a review written by someone who can't even ride it properly, let alone test its limits? No, you wouldn't, and if someone argued that you should you'd laugh in their face.

Games ain't supercars, but some reviewers are basically fumbling idiots and it's a fact. The reason for their existence is to be a mirror reflection of other fumbling idiots who want to play the games. They overextend themselves as soon as they act like "twitch skills" and "grinding" are the actual hallmarks of hard games (which are just games that have you exert yourself to achieve more demanding, even complex, outcomes).

How can a game reviewer review a game when he's incapable of articulating it enough to even play it decently? He wouldn't even know what the game feels like, really.

What's irritating is that game critics are basically leeches whose opinions now hold far too much sway. This Dave Thier faggot is definitely among the worst with his stupid comments made from a thousand miles away, acting like nobody should give a shit about this stupid mess of "game criticism" and should "take a deep breath".
>>
File: 1358591738696.jpg (38 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
1358591738696.jpg
38 KB, 400x534
>>338876631
>bioshit infinite
>masterpiece
>will be seen as milestone in 20 years
>>
>>338877318
What's irritating is that this happens on in this industry.
>>
File: 5107291.jpg (142 KB, 600x766) Image search: [Google]
5107291.jpg
142 KB, 600x766
>>338875091
jesus christ that's bad
>>
>>338872336
GamerGate was a shame, however 5 Guys was always in the right
>>
File: 1463634381429.jpg (35 KB, 661x720) Image search: [Google]
1463634381429.jpg
35 KB, 661x720
>>338870460
>why we need people to suck at their job
Isn't marxism wonderful?
>>
>>338877318
They'll argue that a review of an "artistic medium" like games is subjective but a review of something like a motorbike is objective.
>>
I understand where the guy is coming from but holy fuck what a spineless goon, he's completely riding on the wave of the this whole equality shit where everyone is equal

Fucks sake no, not everyone is equal, there's a reason there's one guy with positive kd and ten with negative

It's because that one guy applied himself and actually tried

The ten guys are worthless people who won't put in the work and should find a different hobby if they're not interested in surpassing or equalling that one guy in skill.

Fuck I hate this spineless hugbox mentality that everyone's so fixed on making the normality.

It's literally communism
>>
>Dude, why did you leave your king open like that just to sacrifice your queen to a knight over a pointless pawn?

>So? Why can't I do that?

>It's a really bad strategy

>Oh, I'm "SORRY" for not playing this game like the "PROS" do, I just want to play in my own playstyle and move the pieces around why did it become necessary to think in chess?!

>Alright, buddy, but I'm going to win easily

>Well, some of us don't want to grind experience for fucking ages, you tryhard

It's like /v/ said: Casuals ruined games.
>>
>TFW Brawl was literally gonna be melee 2.0./ Smash 64 2.0.
>tons of threads of early beta builds that had l canceling(N64 l canceling too) and combos out the ass on smashboards.
>people were legit hyped for the game
>reviewers/journalists bitch at Nintendo that the game is too hard at press releases
> We than get the turd that is vanilla Brawl at launch.
>>
>>338870460
>I don't want to figure out game mechanics and understand the joy of accomplishment, I just want to mindlessly absorb something while I wait to die

That's what movies are for, fuck this guy.
>>
>>338877483
which is retarded because there's clearly good art and shit art like that pic of the dude who carved a dragon vs some shit paper machet of a dude blowing himself
>>
>>338877517
>HOW DARE you play a game to better yourself and challenge others who also find enjoyment from self improvement!
>>
File: ywhy.jpg (35 KB, 293x420) Image search: [Google]
ywhy.jpg
35 KB, 293x420
>>338877517
What the hell has happened to the world
>>
>>338877757
Except the Brawl we got is fucking good.
>>
>>338877864
Naw m8 I remeber playing the game for a week and than going back to melee.
>>
>>338877517
Its better than a food analogy I guess
>>
>the people who are also good at games need to people to tell them what to play
>so buttblasted they couldn't even proofread their shit article
>>
>>338870460
>forbes
literally who cares
>>
>>338877483

You're probably right. For the game writing manchild, the subjective/objective distinction must be the most useful hideout of all, "artistic" in a close second.

Comparing games to motorbikes is funny, as far as subjective/objective thought goes. The two concepts are imagined as opposites, and in some ways they are, but they necessarily overlap. If you think of games and motorcycles as cybernetic extensions of ourselves, games are just a cybernetic extension into an illusion. Subjectivity/objectivity gets pretty woven together around stuff like that, to me.
>>
>>338877864
its the worst of any of the smash games, It had alot of content but with the worst core gameplay, Smash4 out does it in every way
>>
File: 1448568759801.jpg (202 KB, 1021x886) Image search: [Google]
1448568759801.jpg
202 KB, 1021x886
>>338876478
>GG lost guys!
>we- I mean, SJWs totally won!
>>
>Ive always trusted a car salesman to give me the skinny on what video games I should buy.
>>
I'm just kind of surprised that you can be bad at games after spending that much time at it. Don't get me wrong, I've got no idea how to play starcraft at a decent level but movement and camera control is instantly intuitive since pretty much every 3d game is the same in those regards.
>>
>>338872991
If you get enough money doing something and you can live with that money you are professional in that thing.
>>
Holy shit
Yes, If you want to review something you should probably be good at it.
>>
>>338870460
This guy just wrote an article telling me what his job entails, but in the most whiney and condescending tone ever.
>>
>>338878418
Its like he's playing with his nose on the right stick. My mum would do better and Im not even exaggerating.
>>
>>338877517

Weren't casuals petitioning Blizzard to remove the "you lose" from Overwatch if they lost a game? I forget the exact reasoning, but it was something like "I'm not playing the game to win, I just want to have fun and saying I lost makes me feel bad".

Fucking casuals.
>>
File: 1378146670402.png (85 KB, 234x238) Image search: [Google]
1378146670402.png
85 KB, 234x238
>>338878354
>people post this image in an unironic post
>>
>>338877954

Oh I can do food analogies too

>Dude why are you waiting for the ice cream to melt into juice inside your cone, you are going to lose most of your frozen dessert

>OH I am "SORRY" for not eating my ice cream cone in the "twitch" and "pro" skills you tryhards think is the most important bit that is supposed to make your ice cream cone eating fun and delicious

>But it's just a gooey mess now, most of it is on your hand and on the street

>It's too cold for me that way and I can't be bothered to learn to endure the cold to enjoy it like that; I don't want to spend eternities to perfect my ice cream "skills" I enjoy eating it in my own style.
>>
>>338877374

My hope is this: that this giant ball of retarded game critics, along with the "social injustice" dweebs, will become so perfectly separated from the rest of humanity that they will fly off into space, barely orbiting earth as a satellite, their ideas finally unable to confuse anyone but themselves. It already kind of feels that way, so it's still pretty unbelievable they have a voice at all in anything.

Short of that, maybe they will make for a backdrop for better writers to overcome? A lot like Dark Souls, where all of the rot, decay, corrupting forces compose an obstacle for some random undead/hollow/unkindled to get stronger off of.
>>
Kek you don't have to be good but you absolutely need to not suck that fucking much.

Have you ever seen the video reviewer? not a single game was touched on his lifetime. It's like a blind movie reviewer.
>>
File: 1463176189535.webm (2 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
1463176189535.webm
2 MB, 718x404
this isn't about being "good" this person doesn't even know how to play games. I say that reviews these days are likely based off of let's played made for the reviewer.
>>
>>338878872
This one made much less sense, because the idiot with the melting ice cream isnt trying to tell anyone else about its quality. Its his ice cream and he can do whatever he wants with it for all I care.
>>
>>338878269
>its the worst of any of the smash games
I dunno, it had a lot of singleplayer content and it wasn't super janky. I'd say it's at least better than Melee.
>>
File: 634.jpg (81 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
634.jpg
81 KB, 500x354
>>338878838
>oh no, I've been found out! Quick, let me dig through my folder of stock "4-Chan/V/" reaction images so I can blend in!
>>
>>338878791

It's funny because if you resent losing so deeply, but don't love winning all the more, you must be sick in the head. This is what happens when sick people demand that art be made for their sick tastes.
>>
>>338872383
retards fall for clickbait on fagbook and people link their shit here which gives them a ton of views.
>>
File: 1463864943481.gif (471 KB, 265x198) Image search: [Google]
1463864943481.gif
471 KB, 265x198
>>338870460
>Advanced skill
>Literally could not move and aim at the same time
>>
>>338879517

Nah, the problem is how kids these days are raised. They're basically taught they can't lose and they never fail. Infact, in some schools teachers aren't actually allowed to give kids a failing mark on anything.

When you teach kids they're special and always winners from a young age, they tend to grow up being unable to cope with losing or failure. And in real life people lose. It's just part of life.
>>
>>338875059
>Why can't I just rub my balls along the keyboard and submit whatever comes out to my editor?
laffin
>>
>>338879185
How can people not see that this is faked, that they are pretending to be bad, they wanted people to laugh to make articles.

How are we at a stage where people need to fake shit to get controversy to make more articles about controversy.

I want to die.
>>
File: 1427430511076.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1427430511076.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>338870460
The most offensive part of this is "what if I dont WANT to?"

It's your fucking job. You don't have to 'want' to do your job. That's why you're paid to do it.

It really reveals just how fucking easy and mindless the video game journalism "profession" is that such a statement can be made.
>>
>>338871352
There's a lot of music critics who don't have good ears, perceiving tone and all that shit isn't required because most listeners can't
>>
File: 1464091900218.png (52 KB, 437x407) Image search: [Google]
1464091900218.png
52 KB, 437x407
>>338870460
It's not like people are mad because he's not a pro at video games

The level of skill he showed was that of someone who doesn't play FPS games. You actually do need at least some degree of ability to properly appreciate certain aspects of the game, and the reviewer explicitly lacked it
>>
>>338877864
>tripping
>>
File: 1444441266356.png (688 KB, 1448x903) Image search: [Google]
1444441266356.png
688 KB, 1448x903
>>338878791
Wouldn't be surprising, like how Blizzard already removed the "Sorry" emote from Hearthstone because people were getting their feeling hurt by bullies who said sorry when they were about to win.
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>338870460
>You need to be able to pick up a controller and figure out how a thumbstick works, sure.

I'm pretty sure Polygon couldn't figure that out.
>>
>>338875973
I could play better with my tongue
>>
File: 1448058462745.png (203 KB, 500x261) Image search: [Google]
1448058462745.png
203 KB, 500x261
>>338875973
i could play better with no hands
>>
>>338880398
>tfw literal children are better than nu-male reviewers
>>
>>338875615
>Pretty much sums it, God liberal arts faggots ruins everything.
I know a lot of liberal arts majors that would disagree with not knowing about context to speak about something. All those questions anon posted are illogical in their nature and any philosophy student would discredit that type of thinking. If you are going to claim yourself a game reviewer of various games then you better back up that claim by knowing your shit. Now if said reviewer mostly played turn based strategy games I could understand their skill level not being so great at an FPS.

It really comes down to the game sites themselves and who they pick to review the games. I think it might have been Polygon that sent a guy who outright said they don't care for the music games like Rockband to the Rockband 4 press release party during E3 and their entire review of the event was just them complaining about not wanting to be there and how much they didn't care about the game and event. Who the fuck does that?
>>
>>338878791
These people are the kind of people who would say a huge wallpaper of a distended torn anus is art

God I hate what's happening to this stupid hobby but then I realize these people exist in every aspect of life
>>
File: anitagames.jpg (204 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
anitagames.jpg
204 KB, 640x424
>>338870460
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""gaming journalism""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
I can buy the argument that it can be a good thing to have critics of different skill level give their own perspective on games but you need to be able to actually play the game properly to give any meaningful critic on it.

The polygon doom gameplay was laughable bad but surely it would be better to explain it away by saying that the person was not used to play with a controller or something than to all of this nonsense.
>>
>>338880348

Last year, I got into the beta test for some trashy MMO. People who didn't get in and went to check just got a message saying "You're not a beta tester".

Literally hundreds of people bitched about this message and demanded it get changed to something nicer and that they get compensated for being told in such a cruel and harsh way.

I was like "man, what the fuck?".
>>
>>338870460
I dont even know why this is a big deal

stop giving them attention
>>
Every other field in the world demands reviewers who are knowledged and competent about what they are talking about.

It's just games where we get people trying to defend not knowing enough or being unable to perform.
>>
File: 1463547240342.gif (147 KB, 223x222) Image search: [Google]
1463547240342.gif
147 KB, 223x222
>>338875091
>He aims this bad on with console auto aim
>>
>I'm blind how come you don't take my movie reviews seriously?
gee nigger, you are expected to be able to properly experience the medium you want to talk about
>f-fuck you elitists!1
>>
>Having been afflicted with astigmatism since childhood I have refused to wear corrective lenses since sight shouldn't be required for my chosen profession, art critic.
>As such recently people (So-called "art appreciators") have taken offense at my recent 2.7/10 review of them Louvre collection.
>This is nonsense. This entitled sense from the loquacious privileged regular sighted refuses to take valuable opinions from those with different abilities from them.
>Maybe if the stopped pushing their (mostly white male) reactionary opinions and just shut the fuck upped and listened, they would learn something.
>>
>>338870460
Shitter here, I know I'm a shitter and I have no drive to improve beyond the bare minimum needed to finish whatever I'm playing right now. The difference between me and this guy is that I know my opinions aren't facts and I actually enjoy vidya even if I'm bad at them. I'm not going to berate someone who can beat a video game on hard because they're better than me, that's envy and envy is a sin. But seriously I expect my critic to know at least the bare minimum of "getting gud" I'm not asking them to master the fucking thing but at least being able to finish the campaign on normal or get better than a 1:5 KD ratio, but I guess that's too much to ask of a mouthbreather that couldn't find his way back home without a GPS.
>>
>>338876907
Its like Harrison Bergeron
>>
File: 1441147028395.jpg (1 MB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1441147028395.jpg
1 MB, 4500x4334
>>338870460
>>338870460
THIS HAD MADE MY FUCKING WEEK

HOLY CHRIST BUDDHA OF ALLAH

I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH FANNY FLUSTERING IN MY LIFE

GAMEJOURNOS STATUS :ANNALY ANNIHILATED
>>
>>338880613
I wonder how many of those she actually played
>>
>>338879775
Maybe at fancy charter and private schools, but the majority of people do still go to public school

And even at noon-public schools, it's just teachers making sure their students don't fail, not just fudging the numbers
>>
>>338880613
>Copy of Nier all the way at the bottom

What a fucking Cherry flavored Cunt Popsicle.
>>
>>338881290
Zero, she shoe to buy.
>>
>>338881290
My guess is none and she sold them too.
>>
>>338875973
>broke my wrist
>can still outplay someone who is payed to play videogames
>>
>>338877797
that pic is dumb as shit and the autofellatio thing, while sloppy, can be said to be a lot more visually interesting than some derivative woodcarving, however both have clear merit in different areas, one is technical mastery while the other displays/represents emotions or ideas about something. Art is subjective in what one chooses to believe is important, however technical skill is generally a more objective thing.
>>
I ca't wait for their next article

>Why Pro Gaming should allow casual players
>>
Game reviewers should be disallowed from reviewing games they haven't completed.
>>
>>338877797
The dragon was fucking shit and he couldn't even finish it, no one was going to be impressed by it so he played the h poor me card.
>>
>>338877797
The dragon was technically skilled but he didn't really do anything with it
>>
>>338870460
When did games journalists all become massive contrarian faggots?
>>
>>338881751
The Olympics has the Special Olympics, so why not an e-sports league for the developmentally challenged?
>>
>>338870460
competence != expertise

oh what a surprise that video game journalism has reached the point where even this is an issue that has to be covered up with smoke and mirrors
>>
File: 1435673448348.jpg (113 KB, 960x896) Image search: [Google]
1435673448348.jpg
113 KB, 960x896
>>338871059
Underrated post.
>>
these motherfuckers always say games are art, but they never back up real fucking art games like killer7 or pathologic or any other fucking art game, they tell games like yume nikki or weird japanese games to go fuck themselves while blowing shitty, bloated, AAA garbage and act like cutscenes which are just fucking movies are what makes them art. but gameplay can convey emotion or a story, so can level design. It's clear that games are a budding artform and these dipshits are actually holding it back because they fail to recognize the ideas that can be conveyed via gameplay and how it can reinforce theme and atmosphere and so many other goddamn things. But no they're into walking sims and games that hold your hand into seeing things so hamfistedly and stupidly. Fuck Ico or Silent Hill or Pathologic, the Last of Us is gaming's real landmark. And the multicultural bullshit they love is so clearly facile, they don't give a fuck about anything foreign. It's gotta be handed to them like the dipshit kids they are
>>
>>338882110
HotS is already released tho.
>>
>>338871059
Fukn savage
>>
>>338875973
I have severely disabled hands and can still shit on most people whille playing shooters.

Journalists just don't care about video games
>>
File: 1446839256543.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1446839256543.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>>338883125
>I have severely disabled hands
>>
>Read title
>Immediately stop reading
It's too stupid to continue.
>>
File: 1460778079142.jpg (146 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1460778079142.jpg
146 KB, 960x720
CHECK YOUR GAMER PRIVILEGE

SHITTERS HAVE RIGHTS TOO
>>
>>338883125
Hahaha, how are your hands fucked?
>>
>for every player above 1, there needs to be another player below it
But that's just not true, if 3 people all kill one guy, then there are 3 players with a positive KD and one with a bad one.
>>
File: 1463541155056.gif (51 KB, 272x200) Image search: [Google]
1463541155056.gif
51 KB, 272x200
>>338871059
>"Invisible" Gamers are the majority

I hope polygon goes under soon
>>
File: 1459180028139.png (199 KB, 439x392) Image search: [Google]
1459180028139.png
199 KB, 439x392
>>338875091
>that Nvidia play footage
>>
>>338884515
No thumbs and I can only really move my small fingers. There's more, but basically journalists are full of shit
>>
>>338879442
>Implying I'm new
I have a 4chan gold account, who are you calling new?
>>
>>338877486
Exactly, people are different. They should always be RESPECTFUL to each other, but sadly that's just an utopy. However, you can never expect someone to be supported by their lack of skill on a certain subject, especially in a supposed "professional" environment. It's not right by any means.

There's been so much entitlement going on. Will we ever live in a society where the skilled is rewarded and the "noob" actually tries harder on the next time? It's pretty sad.
>>
>>338872336
gaming journalism was shit way before gamergate
>>
>>338870460
The polygon video was just your average FPS player anyway on the console, I don't know why it is such a big deal.
>>
File: zz.png (116 KB, 1057x1080) Image search: [Google]
zz.png
116 KB, 1057x1080
>>
>>338878791
I really hope this didn't actually happen
>>
File: 1432011807633.png (538 KB, 702x540) Image search: [Google]
1432011807633.png
538 KB, 702x540
>>338870460
>Git Gud, people say, as if the only correct way to experience a game to is to view it as a deep challenge that must be overcome. What if I don’t want to do that? Never mind if I can, or should, but what if I just don’t feel like it? Must I just resign myself to my second class gamer status and beat my head against the wall with games that don’t mesh with my chosen playstyle?
>>
>>338878683
>iFunny watermark on the bottom
The irony is palpable.
>>
>>338887837
If your job is to finish games and talk about them, you should fucking quit if you "don't feel like it." You can't just say "I don't want to do the thing I'm paid to do well."
Why do these whiny shits feel so entitled?
>>
>>338875732
That's what killed him too
>>
File: 1438454140316.png (291 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1438454140316.png
291 KB, 430x430
>>338889285
>>
>>338880126
My brother never plays fps, and this is what he looked like when he tried to play Destiny. This is how people play when they have zero experience with both fps and controllers.
>>
>>338887837
That's the same as saying "So what if I didn't watch the movie all the way through and got up and left a few times. The experience I had while watching it is what matters. Sure I missed out on some plot points but that's besides the point. Everyone can watch a movie however they want and what they experience afterwards is what counts."

These reviews are written by people who are mad they sucked at sports growing up and don't understand why people take them seriously.
>>
File: 1464140637896.png (159 KB, 540x611) Image search: [Google]
1464140637896.png
159 KB, 540x611
>>338875091
this is the future you chose, /v/
>>
Who are these people? Did they start playing video games in their mid 20s?
>>
>We like to stay away from the word “gameplay.” Kill Screen’s primary concern is the interaction between games and culture, and so that’s what our reviews hold a game to task for: how it reflects and responds to the world around it.

http://archive.is/SjeYD

Being on Metacritic.
>>
>>338885362
That was related to the point of gamergate
>>
>>338890813
Think about it; who goes into game journalism?

Failed writers/journalists/uni drop outs
>>
File: Capture.jpg (142 KB, 619x981) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
142 KB, 619x981
>>338870460
We need a purge.
>>
File: 1432015097453.png (147 KB, 358x398) Image search: [Google]
1432015097453.png
147 KB, 358x398
>>338892025
>>
File: 1434137347343.png (230 KB, 504x502) Image search: [Google]
1434137347343.png
230 KB, 504x502
Holy fuck when will gaming media die already?
>>
>>338893029
It basically has, they are not as relevant as they used to be and they are all struggling to stay afloat.
>>
>>338875091
that music makes everything better
>>
>>338870460
Its the good old "relativism" trying to corrupt videogames just like it did to modern art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

Thats why garbage like her story, gone homo and shit like that gets praised by critics, they want you dumber than a rock so you get easily pleased by any effortless piece of undertale they vomit at your face.
>>
>>338893029
If it isn't dead it's on the way out. I hope.
>>
>>338893029

At this point they are doing a "Lets make clickbait even more clickbait and pretend to be retarded" route

That article OP posted is just desperation for views
>>
File: 1464196709285.png (29 KB, 488x256) Image search: [Google]
1464196709285.png
29 KB, 488x256
>>338893560
Hulk's helping to speed things up.
>>
File: 1463534443178.jpg (16 KB, 229x204) Image search: [Google]
1463534443178.jpg
16 KB, 229x204
>>338893701
>$140 million
Isn't Gawker worth only $100 million?
>>
>>338885739
>Player disabled
O I'm laffin
>>
What a stupid article. Stop giving these fucks your attention.
Game journos are just desperate for any attention these days because they know they are being regularly outclassed by literally who's on Youtube and they have realised that the career they decided to chase has almost no room for growth.
>>
>>338893864
The total lawsuit is over Gawker's net worth, yes. It's worth mentioning the jury awarded him more than what he asked for.
The jury also levied punitive damages against the editor AFTER they heard he was skint broke
>>
>>338893701
Wait, the appeal got denied? Holy shit. That was the circuit court too, wasn't it? Where can they go to next? Supreme Court?
>>
File: hulkamania-2088397-2108309.jpg (63 KB, 570x440) Image search: [Google]
hulkamania-2088397-2108309.jpg
63 KB, 570x440
>>338894120
Motherfuckers love the Hulkster.
>>
>>338894120
Even normies get mad after seeing the idiocy of these people. Times are a changing
>>
>>338882110
fgc already have that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nSodg-HTU
>>
Am i the only one that thinks its a fucking shame that polygon is fucking retarded and their writing/agenda pushing is garbage, but their website is super crisp and so nice looking?

I really wish they wrote some better shit cause that layout is so good
>>
File: 1460971330550.gif (631 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1460971330550.gif
631 KB, 512x384
i think the saddest part about this is that they still gave the game an 8.5
this is legitimately the best they can do
>>
Video Game reviews is one on the only field where no one can trust a reviews coming from anyone or any website.

If I the Michelin Guide, I know for sure that starred restaurants are going to be fucking good and that 2* / 3* are literally the best of the best, you simply -cannot- go wrong with these. You are guaranteed that shit was review by true professionals who are expert in their field and been doing that for years if not decade.

Video Games? Reviews are just a giant mess, anyone is entitled to review games even if they completely suck at them and/or have very limited knowledge about them and/or don't know shit about journalism/have no degree whatsoever.

You have reviewers that are 20 years old college dropouts, get paid jack shit, yet are called "journalist" and write "reviews" while instead what their write should just be yet another user review.

Getting 80++ has no meaning anymore. Reviews often range from 50 to 100. Such thing would never happen in a proper industry.
>>
>>338884895
Can u fortune?
>>
>>338893376
>art must only adhere to one standard

There is no one standard to making art. I will agree though that what counts as works of art has gone downhill. The reason why the ugly and grotesque became popular in the 19th century was due in part by institutions having ridiculously strict guidelines for what would be accepted. If it wasn't a landscape, historical event or portrait done in realism, it was considered garbage.
>>
>>338872383
while a large portion of their content IS pretty fuckin bad, they're still way better that shitaku or destructoid or wahtever psudeo-game journo site is out there.

say what you want, but most of their writers are pretty good and focus mainly on GAMES
>>
>>338896292

So art did this to itself, by being so strict that hipsters threw everything under the bus just to "stick it to the man".
>>
>>338896292
I always thought it was that when artists became famous, they could just make literally anything, but their signature on it, and it would sell.
>>
Garbage.
He's trying to make it seem like Polygon were just below average but it was way worse of a performance than that so bad that I don't believe that the player was able to experience the game on a basic level.

You wouldn't be able to describe the difference between Doom and Call of Duty if you spent half the time staring at the floor.
>>
>>338896467
Art has always been a medium to stick it to the man. There was funny little squabble among two artists during the renaissance where one artists painted a cupid with wings like that of an owl or hawk basically stating that natural love was the strongest as a big "fuck you" to the church and it promoting that the divine love of God is the greatest and then another artist who was a big Christfag made a painting with that same cupid being defeated by a white winged cupid basically saying "NUH UH! DIVINE LOVE IS THE GREATEST!"
>>
>>338880189
Well tone perception is part of the listening process that occurs at a subconscious level. Being able to consciously identify tone allows one to dissect a work, but one can still rate it without a heavy dissection.

A good comparison would be that a hardware reviewer doesn't need to know the laws of physics to review, but knowing them would help the reviewer discuss.
>>
>>338896956

Yo know, you're completely right.

>two cupids engaged in immortal kombat over which love is the best

That sounds badass.
>>
File: LbUEcl8.jpg (829 KB, 1400x3401) Image search: [Google]
LbUEcl8.jpg
829 KB, 1400x3401
>>338870791
>Was the DOOM player from Polygon so fucking distraught at the comments that he needed all of his little sloppy seconds friends to come help him out or what?

Yes. Journalists are a subclass of elites living in their little bubbles with their failure hipster flatmates in SanFran or NYC, circle jerking each other at every opportunity. Circling the wagons.
>>
>>338894319
Of course normies get mad. Nick Denton, the owner of gawker was cracking jokes about hosting sex videos of 5 year olds on gawker in court. Absolute suicide by jury.
>>
>>338871726

These people do not want different things for different people. They want everything all for themselves, dumbed down and streamlined.

Why does Chess have to have different rules than checkers? Don't they know how exclusionary chess is to most players, and how like, um, bigoted that is? Chess needs to have an easy mode to make it more accessible!
>>
File: 1461347495382.jpg (42 KB, 516x600) Image search: [Google]
1461347495382.jpg
42 KB, 516x600
>>338897427
>Patton Oswalt - RETARD
this collage gets it
>>
>>338870460
>waaah, I'm bad at shooters
>Rather than using my brain to realize Doom's a shooter I better hop on over to Polygon to make sure I'm gonna suck at this game!
>>
>>338897498
The Gawker staff have this weird thing where they literally cannot stop being smug cunts for two fucking seconds.

The editor guy just had to be sarcastic while he was under oath and got pounded raw for it. It was simply delectable.
>>
>>338898154
>>338897498

I loved the backtracking that he pulled for that.

>"dude it was just a prank bro!"
>he gets railed into for "pranking" while under a court oath
>>
>>338870460
>WHY WE NEED CAR REVIEWERS TO SUCK AT DRIVING
you can't make this shit up...
>>
File: 2016-05-25_21-53-27.png (52 KB, 590x303) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-25_21-53-27.png
52 KB, 590x303
>>338898154
>The Gawker staff have this weird thing where they literally cannot stop being smug cunts for two fucking seconds.
>>
>I still don't know what the front buttons do.

Polygons Ben Kuchera about the PS4

http://archive.is/sThIN#selection-1437.0-1448.0
>>
>>338895608
>You have reviewers that are 20 years old college dropouts, get paid jack shit, yet are called "journalist" and write "reviews" while instead what their write should just be yet another user review.

Is there any wonder why they want to defend their incompetence as a virtue?
>>
>>338870460
>We need NFL Analysts to be bad at football
>We need chess commentators to be bad at chess
>We want our book reviewers to be largely illiterate
>Our film/music reviewers have not sampled much of what's out there

Someone explain how we have a whole group or 'reviewers' masquerading as 'journalists' who aren't well-versed in the thing they claim to cover? This would not fly with any other critic of anything, ever. I refuse to believe it flies now. EGM had multiple reviwers per game for a reason.
>>
>>338898669
Holy shit is this real life?
>>
File: kucheragame1.jpg (89 KB, 631x495) Image search: [Google]
kucheragame1.jpg
89 KB, 631x495
>>338898669
>>
>>338899034

>sit someone who didn't grow up playing infront of a game, their thoughts are often way more interesting

Oh for goodness sake, my nephew could play these games, and he's got the cognitive motor skills of a 10 year old. WHATS YOUR EXCUSE BEN?
>>
>>338899034
Now I wonder what pacmans sons sexual orientation is.
>>
File: 1373019790862.png (2 KB, 142x138) Image search: [Google]
1373019790862.png
2 KB, 142x138
Game "journalists" have been retarded casuals for almost a decade now. I really don't see how this is a surprise to anyone.

The entire "you don't need to be good at games" shit that's surfaced recently gives me deja vu, I'm like 80% sure an almost identical scandal happened like 6-7 years ago.
>>
>>338899034
>Ben Kuchera
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UujtfN7hCdo
>>
>>338897427
It's kind of cool to see people trust the angry video game nerd more than a bunch of "established" journalists and writers
>>
>>338876982
Well, yeah

But it's a pretty basic game and not something you could really spend much time playing.

Like a flash game today, pretty much.
>>
They operate on a fallacy that, in order for games to be judged as art, gameplay needs to be ignored. Interactivity is one of video games' strongest features and contributes to its artistic potential. You don't have to make a walking simulator to make an "art" game.
>>
File: game.jpg (348 KB, 1308x964) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
348 KB, 1308x964
>>338870460
>The people furious at this Polygon reviewer have clearly decided not to pay the review any mind. So it can’t be that they’re concerned about somehow being misled: the gameplay video did a handy job of showing people just how the reviewer experienced the game.

>The anger is more esoteric: that they are no longer the most important demographic in games, that their opinion is not the only one that matters, that they must share their toys. Get over it and play some video games. #nooblife

Wow, I wonder where we heard this shit before?
>>
>>338885362
Digging your head in the sand helps only for awhile man. Sooner or later they're gonna fuck you in the ass one way or the other.
>>
>>338881174
And that's a short story that used to be mandatory reading in most high school classes.

I honestly don't even consider the average progressive leftist human anymore. They lack any sort of self-awareness or sapience. They're just automatons parroting certain sound patterns they heard, never really understanding anything they're doing.
>>
>>338870460
You don't need reviewers: reviewers are dead.

Are we experiencing the death of the reviewer identity?
>>
>>338899034
if you sit most non-gamers down to play a game, especially something like doom where you have to move and aim you're going to get a lot of stuff like "This is boring" or "I don't know what I'm doing".
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.