[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why choose this sword in particular if they never use stomp?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: dark_sword.png (16 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
dark_sword.png
16 KB, 188x269
Why choose this sword in particular if they never use stomp?
>>
It has really good base damage, really good scaling, and it's one of the easiest of the good weapons to find.
Personally I wouldn't trust the network connection enough to think stomp is worthwhile. Otherwise you could be killing people with Wolnir's sword and the katana light stance move all day.
>>
>>338681376
Wolnir's sword is slow as fuck and doesn't have hyper armor on the special.

Apart from having good scaling it's not really outstanding outside of stomp. Gotthard's swords and Anri's sword outdamage it easily, and that's just in the straight sword class. Estoc fucking exists. Yet this shit is still the most prevalent choice in the game. For every estoc I see, which is even easier to get, I see ten of these and they never use stomp.
>>
>>338681376
>good weapons
The dark sword isn't good, I wouldn't say it's bad but it's definitely not good either. Its move set is terrible which is why the people who use it only spam R1. Honestly a long sword is much better just because it has a nice thrust move and can use stance. People only use the dark sword because there were a bunch of shitty articles claiming it was the best sword in the game simply because the slightly more damage over other straight swords
>>
>>338681940
I totally forgot stomp had hyper armor on it. I thought it was just a free 'in' against horizontal attacks plus a knock-down.
>>
Because it's the strongest of straight swords, which is the best weapon class in the game.
Stance and Stomp are both useless for PvP, it's simply much more efficient to just R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1
>>
>>338681021
I need a good meme weapon. The dual katanas feel slow and blood doesn't seem as useful as i thought, and estoc poking isn't very strong.
>>
I really like weapon arts, but the game half the time feels too fast to use any of them but buffing ones and the other half the connection is shitty and attacks don't connect even though they clearly hit the target.
>>
>>338682753
>blood doesn't seem as useful as i thought
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWMfpfYb03s
>>
People who use it in pvp are usually pretty bad.
>>
>>338681940
Stomp isn't as useful as you think with all the lag switching going on, people just run through it and backstab you before they would flinch
>>
>>338683092
Stomps useful as fuck if you use it right. If you mix up the r1 and r2s people never know when it's safe to come by
>>
>>338682674
The stance guard break can be really nice in invasions and the lunge forward can be really useful too. Stomp is genuine burning garbage though. Not even most idiots will get hit with the follow up
>>
>>338682003
Share your superior opinion then. What are some really good weapons?
>>
>>338683345
Yeah, real useful against people that lag switch and charge forward through whatever you have and don't register damage let alone flinch til they are in the middle of the back stab
In a perfect environment yeah it's useful but since theres always so much bullshit in pvp most people don't bother
>>
>>338681021
>people actually waste time getting the Dark Sword
>Not using the based Longsword instead
>not using Stance to punish turtling and do super-lunges
>you can still r1 spam if you run out of options

I get that some people like the animations for the Dark Sword, but it's just not worth it when the game practically gives you the best weapon right at the start. Just pick a Knight and you literally never have to switch any of your equipment, except for MAYBE the shield.
>>
File: Dirksouls.jpg (114 KB, 514x385) Image search: [Google]
Dirksouls.jpg
114 KB, 514x385
>>338681021
Straight swords outclass most other weapons and the Dark Sword outclasses the other straight swords. Stomp is just a cherry on top.
>>
>>338683609
G L A I V E
L
A
I
V
E

(It's actually a Bardiche though, BRAVO MIYAZAKI)
>>
>>338684175
But it's not a bardiche
>>
File: bardiche.jpg (9 KB, 555x322) Image search: [Google]
bardiche.jpg
9 KB, 555x322
>>338684357
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>338684609
That's obviously a pike.
>>
File: 1463896143107.gif (2 MB, 241x355) Image search: [Google]
1463896143107.gif
2 MB, 241x355
>>338683609
Not him but here comes some good-ass shit.

Dragonslayer Swordspear
Dragonslayer Spear
Farron Greatsword
Astora Greatsword
Anri's Straight Sword
Gravewarden Twinblades
GOTT. HARD.
Old Wolf Curved Sword
Wolf Knight Greatsword
Longsword
Lothric Knight Greatsword
Profaned Greatsword
Witch's Locks
Carthus Curved Sword
Caruthus Curved Greatsword
Black Knight Greataxe
Gundyr's Halberd
Havel's Greatshield

Too many baller weapons to be limiting yourself to what everything thinks is le ebin best sord.
>>
>>338684609
Yes? You're talking about the BKG which looks nothing like that right?
>>
>>338683609
Like some of my personal favorites?
Carthus curved sword
Longsword (most straight swords are really good I just like the regular longsword the most)
Chaos blade
Hollowslayer greatsword (pretty much just use it as a giant rapier with a leo ring)
Black knight glaive
>>
File: 1461640374191.jpg (62 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1461640374191.jpg
62 KB, 500x666
>>338681021
If you look at its stats its essentially a faster, lighter, better scaling bastard sword (it even has 5 more physical def than the bastard sword). Its range is about the same as a bastard sword. It's a short greatsword posing as a straight sword.
>>
>>338684884
No, just the glaive. It's been called the scythe in all the previous games.
>>
>>338684987
Why the fuck did you post a blomd chick?
>>
>>338681021
it's a crutch, just like the Drake Sword.
N00bs use it until they realize other weapons are better
>>
>>338681376
>not using Raw Astora Straight Sword
stupid easy to get, stupid easy to upgrade, broke scaling on Raw. Literally scales at its highest on raw. Its not as good as Anri's or other weapons, but its very notable. Went through the whole game with it, attempting to build on Faith. I did decent damage to bosses, but jesus christ PVP was fucking impossible. You have to be in their face for lightning spear to do the extra damage you need, but you'll get blown the fuck up more often than not. Even if you hit, they'll just roll away and chug, because the long range of lightning spear.

Honestly they should just increase the range dropoff of lightning spear, if they're just not going to include poise into anything. A really fucking stupid move on From's part.
>>
File: Pike_Rybe.png (33 KB, 190x283) Image search: [Google]
Pike_Rybe.png
33 KB, 190x283
>>338684684
Pikes are thrusting weapons, silly. The Pike weapon in DS3 is a fair representation of the weapon.

>pic related
>>
>>338685078
It's like those hooks you learned to use in 2nd grade, it grabs the reader's attention.
>>
>>338685154
except the drake sword got bad later, the dark sword doesn't and it can stunlock people by spamming r1s. with lightning weapon i've seen it hit for 300-400 damage.

it's a shitter 'i dont know what im doing let me spam r1 to win' weapon. same with estoc and pretty much every other rapier/ss
>>
>>338681021
Because straightsword shitters only use R1 and L2 (with cestus)
>>
>>338685351
From my experience, Faith pvp builds are not worth your time until end-game levels. By that point you're able to juggle rings that make your lightning actually do some damage, and you get access to Sunlight Spear (which you can mix up with Lightning Stake to punish rushes). It's still a little weak compared to traditional pvp builds, but you can at least heal and cast buffs to help give you some semblance of a chance.
>>
>>338685664
>calls people shitters
>thinks weapons can keep you stun locked by mashing r1
>>
>>338685878
Even with 60 FTH you'll run into trouble. Problem is that lightning spear is stupid weak, and you have to get into Lothric Castle for Great Lightning Spear, which will allow you to do some respectable damage on the way up. Of course you would have to kill the Dancer early and make your way to the shrine without dying. Of course you could just go through the rest of the game as well, but that would defeat the purpose. All of the decent miracles are at absolute endgame, making decent pvp at lower levels stupidly hard. Meanwhile you can buy magic abilities quickly, pyro abilities quickly, and of course melee.

Its a shame From thought this was a good idea. People aren't going to stand around casting miracles for someone else, as they would be better off doing damage.
>>
File: You'reOkay.gif (76 KB, 234x116) Image search: [Google]
You'reOkay.gif
76 KB, 234x116
>>338684729
>Profaned Greatsword
>>
File: reeee.jpg (9 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
reeee.jpg
9 KB, 399x388
>its an; invader outspaces you with a halberd and rolls infinitely episode
>>
>>338686115
you can stunlock with a lot of ss with timed r1s though. that and rapiers

there's no poise so there's nothing to stop them from staggering you

do I really need to post a youtube video of fucking people getting stunlocked or some shit
>>
File: 1463189306590.png (149 KB, 666x490) Image search: [Google]
1463189306590.png
149 KB, 666x490
>>338686375
>it's an anon episodes and episode episode
>episode
>>
>>338685664
or people know how to win so they pick strong weapons and don't give a fuck about what you think.

if you're a not shitter, git gud and stop downing other weapons
>>
File: 1460197416976.gif (668 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
1460197416976.gif
668 KB, 500x470
>>338685813
>get consistently invaded by fuckers with meme weapons and caestus offhand
>they think they're parry gods because they watch peeve videos
>bait them with a charge attack and then release it early, causing them to mistime their parry fish and eat a huge hit
>rinse and repeat until victory

PvP babbies have never been this gullible.
>>
>>338686495

>I need the easy to use overpowered weapons to win, let me gloat about it and tell other people to git gud

Okay
>>
>>338686408
>there's no poise so there's nothing to stop them from staggering you
Why do poise shitters universally seem to think that you cannot escape R1 spam?
>>
File: 1463201098545.jpg (10 KB, 190x240) Image search: [Google]
1463201098545.jpg
10 KB, 190x240
>>338686560
>get invaded
>some guy with a straight sword and caestus offhand
>I charge at him
>he spams parry like a fist of the north star
>I stand there doing nothing
>he does this for 5-8 seconds at a time like I'm going to attack him
why do they just try brute-forcing it so hard? I've killed a dozen invaders that did this because they would blow all their stamina trying to parry and I wouldn't attack.
>>
>>338686560
>trying to parry with anything but the parrying dagger
its literally trains you on how to parry with its parry animation.

Haven't used it in 3, but I've pvp'd with it many times before and it makes parrying so easy.

>Dark souls 1/2
>parry zwei/greatsword
>switch to 2h estoc
>stab them up front
>watch their health disappear
>get invaded again by same person
>they black crystal out in fear
good times

>>338686625
don't you know anon, using overpowered weapons is considered "skill". Once it gets the nerf bat, they'll whine it was fine, even though they never used anything, nor knew how anything else performed. They'll just believe everything else is fine, because they died a few times to a different weapon.

That's literally how their logic goes, and its sad really.
>>
>>338686867
Most weapons will assure a second R1 if the first R1 connects cleanly. You will always have time to react after a second R1 on every weapon, though.

Except some weapons can remove half your HP or more in two measly R1s because this game enforces glass cannon playstyles. Meaning you use a weapon that does the same or settle for the fact you have an uphill battle.
>>
>tfw doing drizzt dourden cosplay with mercenary twin blades and drag armor

The weapons are shit and drizzt clones are shit but I'm having such a geeky good time
>>
>>338686867
even after you roll out of it, half your health can be gone
I've beaten plenty of r1 spammers and i still find it annoying
>>
>>338686938
The parrying dagger doesn't parry in the offhand in 3, it's actually hilarious
>>
>right hand Astora Greatsword
>offhand rapier

Anal devastation everywhere
>>
>>338687070
>>338687158
Dark Sword; and straightswords in general, have retarded damage yes. That is very different than, "stunlock people by spamming r1s"
>>
>>338686938
Parrying dagger as a slow activation time than the cestus, which is instant, so its much harder to get a reaction parry off, you actually need to memorize the move set.
>>
>>338687096
Sellsword twinblades are amazing, but only in a very particular fashion. Put a resin or weapon buff on them, and make sure you have the dex to make a sharp infusion worth it.

Then use the weapon art.

No one can escape it once they're in it, and it does shitloads of damage if they're hit by the full thing. We're talking ultragreatsword damage or more here.

Further advice for using L1s, be incredibly aggressive with these. The sellsword twins are a pressure weapon. Always be in your opponent's face if you can be. If you are forced to run from multiple opponents, that's the time to use the weapon art. Turn and spin to win.
>>
File: Heated.gif (2 MB, 250x336) Image search: [Google]
Heated.gif
2 MB, 250x336
Can someone tell me why so many hosts are fucking cowards?
>Invade Settlement for those shackles because i want to do a bloodlust run
>Getting invasions galore
>The host as two phantoms
>All the enemies near the fire tree are alive
>Break the explosive barrels and wait
>They refuse to engage AT ALL
Do i really need to WALK INTO their r1 spamming asses for them to feel safe? I'm ONE GUY and a blue is on my ass in a few seconds as well.
>Finally get tired and engage
>Doing fine since host and phantoms are garbage
>Manage to kill a phantom but lmao2estus
>Point Down
Shit gets me so fucking heated
>>
Vordt's Great Hammer
>>
>>338687278
REALLY? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?

Fucking From. why do they want to make Dark souls bloodborne? I get it, i know they wanted to make combat faster. That's completely fine with me. However the changes they've made to the game in regards to combat, are fucking retarded.

>>338687408
In the previous games it wasn't really too difficult to memorize movesets. Most people were R1 spammers, so if you timed it correctly it was an easy parry. Not to mention they were parry stunned longer iirc.
>>
Stomp is really good on UGS when you know how to use it and think outside the box. Manual aiming, using it with r1 instead of r2 to mix it up, etc
No idea how good it is on punyman swords like that one
Stance seems shitty to me, everytime I fight someone that uses it theyre trying to parry a 2handed attack like an idiot so who knows
I love fighting guys that know how to use Perserverence.
>>
File: 304-1-1364559464.jpg (735 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
304-1-1364559464.jpg
735 KB, 1360x768
>>338687391
I wouldn't say that. If anything I would say that Greatswords are far too weak in the damage department instead of straight swords being too strong.

If I could have my wish we'd have the true Greatsword of Artorias now truly picking up the Bluebliid Sword mantle with luck scaling.
>>
File: 1420398637110.gif (133 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
1420398637110.gif
133 KB, 320x224
>>338681021
>Try not to be a Dark Sword fag on my second playthrough
>It's my one character platinum character so he has shitloads of levels
>tfw Dragonslayer Spear+5 on a 40/40 character with 35 faith and lightning clutch ring does noticeably less damage than an unbuffed Refine Dark Sword+10
Dragonslayer Spear is my weaponfu but the DPS difference is way too big
>>
>>338687557
If you're the invader I expect you to be the aggressive one. If you are just going to stand around or run through the level hoping I follow you then I'm just going to ignore your ass and continue on with whatever I'm doing.
>>
File: pop a squat.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
pop a squat.webm
3 MB, 720x404
What item does that thing where players survive hits with 1 hp?
>>
File: 1312110334312.jpg (27 KB, 464x332) Image search: [Google]
1312110334312.jpg
27 KB, 464x332
>>338687557
>Can someone tell me why so many invaders are fucking cowards?
>>Get invaded in Settlement for those shackles because he wants to do a bloodlust run probably
>>Getting invaded galore
>>The invader has two monsters in front of him
>>All the enemies near the fire tree are alive
>>Break the explosive barrels and wait
>>They refuse to engage AT ALL
>Do i really need to WALK INTO their r1 spamming asses for them to feel safe? I'm ONE GUY and a monster is on my ass in a few seconds as well.
>>Finally get tired and engage
>>Doing fine since invader and monsters are garbage
>>Manage to kill an invader but lmao2estus
>>Point Down
>Shit gets me so fucking heated
>>
>>338681376
>easiest weapons to find.

nigger it ain't that easy. you gotta get the ring, fight through new anor londo, kill the kings and ascend rank in the darkwraiths. takes a bit of time.
>>
File: 1384985751320.gif (3 MB, 420x168) Image search: [Google]
1384985751320.gif
3 MB, 420x168
>use caestus because the timing resembles Dark Souls 1 the most
>still have to prediction parry because I live in 'straya
>tfw all the butthurt over using against uchis, dark swords and estocs

Good times.
>>
>>338687557
Aggravate them by shooting them with arrows. Go AFK and shoot them with more arrows to see if they are AFK. Groups tend to lose patience much more quickly than individuals and phantom armies deserve the aggravation.
>>
>>338687557
because invaders are cowards now. They used to run in and fight, but these days with a bigger audience playing, everyone just summons 2 others and stands around. That means Invaders just stand around near enemies, waiting to attack. Honestly everyone is a bitch really in 3.

I preferred PVP in 1/2, where you actually fought your opponent, rather than trying to cheese him.
>>
>>338687557
You could try bringing a bow or poisoned knives and shooting/throwing shit at them from a distance. Damage isn't really important, just annoy them to the point that they stop hiding and engage you. Once you get them to actually start going through the level, set up a nice ambush spot and hope for the best.
>>
>>338687838
Tears of Denial, a miracle spell.
>>
>>338687838
It's a spell i'm pretty sure.
>>
>>338687648

It still parries in the off hand. That anon is wrong.
>>
>>338687885
This.

At that point it's a game of patience. This guy lost the game.
>>
>>338687769
Thing is, damage wise, straight swords are working as they always have. They dont need to nerf them, they need to buff everything else, and reduce heavy weapon stamina loss. Heavies get punished too much.
>>
>>338687648
Its not that hard to memorize movesets in DaS3, but the cestus doesn't even require that as you can parry the moment an attack is about to hit and most of the time the parry will be successful. Why use an item that requires effort, and weighs more, when I can just parry spam and still look like a pro.
>>
>>338688067
Or turn on poise, if it was on then people using straight swords couldn't be able to stagger somebody say wearing havels
>>
>>338688067
>Heavies gets punished too much
Sorry, my hyper armor 2 hit 900 damage stunlock says otherwise.
>>
>>338688168
Yeah, that too.
>>
>>338687865

Pretty sure that anon is talking about DaSIII, where all you have to do is kill the Darkwraiths right outside of the Farron Keep Perimeter bonfire until they drop it.
>>
>>338688001
>>338688004
Thanks
>>
>>338688067
This.

Removal of poise CAN work, but they only rebalanced the weapons that get super armor for the fact that the game has no poise. Weapons that got no rebalance are noticably fucked. Meanwhile, straightswords were always a good generalist weapon and it shows.
>>
File: 1430252297164.gif (873 KB, 346x360) Image search: [Google]
1430252297164.gif
873 KB, 346x360
why bother with all these stupid weapons when the estoc is right there in the handmaiden's shop
>>
>>338688216
then in that case it does seem super easy.
>>
File: 20160501051125_1.jpg (532 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160501051125_1.jpg
532 KB, 1920x1080
>>338687821
The scenario that guy is commenting on is not a host + phantoms that continue progressing in the stage but that refuse to progress at all until the invader commits effective suicide.

>>338687841
DkS3 is designed to be beatable by a single player. A single invader should not counterbalance two competent phantoms.
>>
>>338688282

Estoc is boring.

I prefer whips and claws.
>>
>>338686375
>some asshole tries to do this to me
>mfw im using a spear
but really though if you any other weapon, especially one without a good rolling r1, then you can't do shit about this.
>>
>>338688282
because estoc users go to hell anon.
>>
File: 1336976547647.jpg (39 KB, 217x208) Image search: [Google]
1336976547647.jpg
39 KB, 217x208
>>338688193
>tfw counter damaged someone with my Dragonslayer Spear's R2 while wearing Leo Ring
>Gibbing them instantly for some 1000 damage
I felt like I had cheated when they just fucking exploded
>>
>>338686470
ugh

sauce
>>
>>338687838
Its a miracle. Can't remember the name, but it allows you to survive critical damage at 1hp. Doesn't save you from drops though.

>>338688031
Alright then. I legitimately got pissed, because I used the parrying dagger on my Darkmoon Knightess build. I was using the estoc before it was any good.

>>338688104
You can parry with the dagger as they're swinging, and unless they're using a Great or UG, you're going to parry them the majority of the time. Like I said i haven't used it in 3 yet, so im not sure how effective it is.
>>
>>338688282
poking people to death isn't satisfying. i dont understand people who use it or any easy win weapon
>>
>>338683609
Great Club
Warden Twinblades
Caestus
>>
>>338688434
THICC
>>
File: 0 hecks given.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
0 hecks given.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>338686375
>it's an anon doesn't just go balls deep with his warcry axe episode
>>
>>338688303
It is. That's why it's a meme weapon. The Dank Sword isn't honestly THAT op, but the sheer ease of it's availability makes it's slight superiority to most other straightswords incredibly apparent. You can get it super early in the game and meet the stat requirements without much trouble.

It's also just good enough to be worth keeping all game even when superior options show up.
>>
>>338687557
Load up on throwing items and get a good ranged weapon.

I never get mad about cowardly hosts. Half the fun is outsmarting them or their phantoms.
>>
>>338688534
Do all War Cry weapons get a move change when under the effect of the buff?
>>
>>338688653
To my knowledge yes.
>>
>stomp sucks because muh PC netcode
>stomp sucks because I dont know how to use it
>muh stance
Lame
As
Fuck

Stomp destroys, use a shield that can work with weapon arts and you got even more options because it works with r2s and both versions of your r1
Obviously im talking UGS here, straight swords with Stomp IS useless.
>>
File: Drang-Twinspears.png (76 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Drang-Twinspears.png
76 KB, 512x512
WHO DRANG HERE?
>>
>>338688545
>It's also just good enough to be worth keeping all game even when superior options show up.
For PvE there are no superior options.
>>
>>338688821
Drang Hammer life.
>>
>>338681021
because it has really high damage, great scaling and it stun locks
>>
File: Oh boy.gif (2 MB, 336x199) Image search: [Google]
Oh boy.gif
2 MB, 336x199
>>338688534
>The charge also gets hyper armor
Okay THIS i didnt know
>>
>>338687278
You're completely wrong though. It does parry in the off hand and when two handing
>>
>>338688545
>It's also just good enough to be worth keeping all game even when superior options show up.
Literally the best DPS in the game when at Refined+10
It only starts to be slightly lackluster in PvP when movesets start to actually matter
>>
File: ds4.png (1 MB, 1600x969) Image search: [Google]
ds4.png
1 MB, 1600x969
I'm doing dex next run. Should I do miracles, sorceries or pyromancy with it?
>>
>>338688653
yes

Also protip for those who are getting invaded and getting bored as fuck waiting for a shitty invader:

>get seed of a giant tree
>buy hunter's charms
>use seed when invaded
>find invader
>hit them with the charm
>watch as they die to AI
or
>watch as they kill AI
>kill them while they're fighting
>repeat once invader is dead
the seed has about a 20% chance to drop once an invader dies. After 5, you're guaranteed one. Once you use 1 seed, it stays on in the area until you either leave iirc, or you die.

>>338688836
>no superior options for PVE
>Heavy Greataxe at 40STR
>buff the Greataxe
>destroy everything in your way with ease
and you can get one even earlier than the dark sword. Granted if you didn't apply your points, you probably won't be able to use it 1 handed, but still.
>>
>>338688821
>Dark souls 2
Kill yourself famalam.
>>
File: 1442113263171.png (191 KB, 273x391) Image search: [Google]
1442113263171.png
191 KB, 273x391
>>338688886
Shit's fucking insane if you use it with the great axe.
>>
>>338688821
It's sad but I've beaten a lot of hosts by just using the rolling R1 repeatedly mixed in with plain rolling + kirk's armor
>>
>>338688448
When you do finally use it in DaS3 you will notice difference. Cestus is easier which is why everyone uses (its also only weighs 0.5 so it's not much of a weight investment for heavy builds).
>>
>>338688836
Depends.

There are weapons that overperform for PVE, but you need a build around them. Several of which transition from dark sword use just fine. Start with the dark sword and grow in to an even more hilarious build. Bleed builds come to mind, and those will make bosses trivial. Greats and Ultragreats are also amazing in this game because of hyper armor. That said, new players and casuals won't be aware of these, so the dark sword is the most apparent good option on the face of it.
>>
>>338689109
It's in DS3 though, and it's insanely fun.
>>
>>338689215
>rolling 2h r1 in pvp
>typically hits a rolling invader
>follow up with a r1
>they try to attack
>hyper armor powers through
>R2 after shot connects
>roll to the side and the invader dies
>roll back and possibly get stunned by an invisible hitbox
so fun
>>
>>338689091
Miracles if you like big lighting damage with infusions and TERRIBLE ranged spells,
Sorceries if you enjoy bullshit trickery, long range tickling and god like buffs,
And Pyromancies if you like a good variety of spells (Most of which is outclassed in miles by the chaos fire orb), Buffs Buffs Buffs and Being an in general nuisance.
Personally i love Pyromancies most.
>>
>>338688067
Yes make it easier for weapons that have absurd hyper armor and get Gauranteed 1000 damage from 2 hits. I'm cool with less stamina and more damage from big weapons, but in return they should make ALL weapons parryable
>>
File: Lothric-Knight-Sword.png (38 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Lothric-Knight-Sword.png
38 KB, 512x512
but what about a refined lothric knight sword guys?

it's r2 is a thrust without the slash afterwards and it's pretty good with the leo ring.

plus it has 110 critical.

this is my straight sword of choice.
>>
>>338689223
people do the same thing with any twin weapon, just roll and r1 with a leo ring to win

only counter for it is parry since the netcode is so fucked and the stamina cost for rolling is so low
>>
>>338688545
Stat-wise its the best straight sword in the game. Since straight swords are already a very good class of weapons that puts the Dark Sword near the top of the best weapons in the game.
>>
>>338689097
>Heavy Greataxe is better than Dark Knight Sword for PvE
Not only does Dark Sword have better DPS but it is also noob friendly. Faster attacks and high stamina efficiency matter, especially when facing bosses.
>>
>>338689412
whips are the only weapon you cant parry iirc
>>
>>338689535
Many "Great" weapons cannot be parried two-handed. Many "spin" weapon arts also cannot be parried.
>>
>>338689431
I was thinking of going for this as a main weapon on my next character. I'm just not sure what to make the rest of the build about.

>>338689524
Personally, I find bigger weapons easier to use on bosses because they play so well with a defensive style of play. Roll through boss attack in to boss, r1, r1, roll away.

Or if the boss is super aggressive just resort to single r1s and rolling away.

If you really want to make bosses easy, use a bleed build.
>>
>>338689619
they can still be parried though. only a few attacks are unparryable

the spin2win shit is annoying and should be parryable
>>
>>338688216

You don't even have to get that far, all you need is a single Pale Tongue to get the key from Leonhart, then farm the Darkwraith in High Wall of Lothric.
>>
>>338689535
no, great axes, great hammers and UGS (2 handed) cannot be parried. The standard halberd 2 handed can't be parried either I believe
>>
File: 1453022859906.png (479 KB, 699x432) Image search: [Google]
1453022859906.png
479 KB, 699x432
>>338681021
>running STR build my first time like I always do
>find this thing on my way through Farron Keep
>has great STR scaling, which I'm already fucking leveling
>I like both the one-handed and two-handed movesets
>like the stomp
>Man-serpent Greatsword ended up not being in the game
Call the cops, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>338685448
>drops from those tree weilding hollows in road of sacrifices

but i wanted a tree branch spear weapon
>>
>>338689524
>better DPS
>have to hit with more attacks to get the same damage
hell the greataxe is far more noob friendly. Get your STR to 40, make it heavy, upgrade that shit and invest in some stamina. 2h against every boss and you can pump out 3 attacks easily. You'll drop it the boss down a quarter of its health without breaking a sweat. Only problem i ever had was Namless King. I've been using the Greataxe since 1, and i've never had an issue with it. Your timing becomes alot better than otherwise, because you have a smaller window to attack. Basically you learn the game better, rather than spamming r1.
>>
>>338686195
You do realize youre supposed to use the counter damage right? Lol
Dont use a lightning miracle unless theyre in an attack animation
>>
>>338689714
PvE anything is fair game, It's when people use the dark sword mainly in PvP because of its insane phantom range.
>>
>>338689798
This. Counter damage + lightning stake= gg. Had this happen to me when I get careless against clerics
>>
>>338689714
This I can understand. I almost resorted to the dark sword for similar reasons. Without poise, some weapons don't function so well, and a few old favorites didn't make it from game to game.
>>
>>338689681
>the spin2win shit is annoying and should be parryable
If you are so intent on parrying that you eat a raw L2 you deserve to eat the entire spin combo.
>>
>>338689776
at 40/40 a dark sword will out dps anything, bosses fall over
>>
>>338689892
Everything has phantom range. Literally everything. This is done for PVE so your hits feel cleaner against mobs. It's harder to tell how close you are cause your weapon is pointed away from you durring attacks, so missing feels kind of shitty. Meanwhile, mobs have tighter hitboxes because it would be far more apparent something facing you is hitting you from outside their range.

Except hitboxes don't change for PVP so player versus player feels like a retard lag stab fight unless you grow to assume every weapon has a foot of invisible range you can't see at all times.
>>
>>338689798
>>338689919
You do know you do extra damage when you're up close, right? It isn't counter damage, its just close range damage. Every offensive miracle (lightning abilities) gain an extra hitbox when you're up close, which is why talismans grant poise on cast for more FP. Problem is, the poise is minimal, so you can be poked out of it easily. Try it out on bosses, try it out on weaker enemies, you'll realize you do extra damage to them when you're up close, not just when they're attacking.
>>
>>338690028
>implying I need to parry to beat people
just making a point it's something that should be parryable for what it is
not being able to parry 2handed great weapons makes sense
>>
>>338690061
once again
>better dps
>have to hit with more attacks to get the same damage
i've seen enough people spam the shit out of r1, and didn't respect the boss enough to roll. They die, I waste my time getting summoned. With the Greataxe i learn very quickly when i can attack and when i can't.
>>
>>338681021
I like using Stomp in PVE a lot. I don't really use it much in PVP because people can just swooce right around. I only really use it with people using other HA-type moves just for shits and grins, but most of those are usually bigger weapons and I'll switch to a bigger weapon for more shits.
>>
>make a character that looks cool
>the weapon and armor are shit
Why do I even play
>>
>>338690196
I appreciate the possibility greater mix-ups. Doing a roll into an L2 vs obvious R1 parry bait for example. With how stupid riposte damage is and how lenient cestus parry is having more options to punish parry fishing is hardly a negative to me.
>>
>>338689681
spin2win is my only way to punish parry spammers on twinblades though, fuck you
>guy whips out caestus
>i walk up and L2, and he tries to parry, gets a partial which drains all his stamina, and eats the rest of my combo
so good
>>
>>338690345
With how passive armor is there is no reason to not engage in fashion souls.

What is this "shit" weapon though?
>>
File: Grave Warden 2.jpg (21 KB, 408x360) Image search: [Google]
Grave Warden 2.jpg
21 KB, 408x360
I like Warden Twinblades

bleed is becoming my favorite damage type overall

Do you know why?

Do you WANT to know why?

I'll tell you why...

because with bleed even phantom hits count for something, no effort is wasted.
>>
>>338690530
probably Saint Bident. Scales like absolute shit, even though it looks awesome as fuck.
>>
>>338690530
Fashion is the only reason to wear anything but light armor in 3 though. Absorption doesn't do shit and poise doesn't work
>>
>>338690281
DPS

Damage per second

sure your huge ass axe has amazing damage per swing but its slow as FUCK
>>
>>338690281
3 r1s with dark sword take no time at all and I can do 600-800 easily
3 r1s with an ugs can do 1000 but takes over twice as long
the dps on a dark sword is way better
>>
File: laugh.gif (151 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
151 KB, 500x281
>Use Uchi for that sweet running attack
>See host using caestus
>Run towards him but never run attack him
>Watch the panic parries unfold
It's so much fun every single time.
Same with people who dont know you cant parry 2handed great hammers
>>
>>338690651
Phantom hit bleed damage is why I gave up on my booty scoot bandit dagger PVPing. You should feel bad for relying on a tactic that takes no skill, but I can't really make you stop.
>>
>>338688282
Because tiny poke swords are frustrating as shit to use? Sure it homes in a little if you spam r1 but even thats easily dodged and the r2 and roll attack on it are garbage
I havent had problems with estocs since I did a bunch of Watchdogs invasions halfway thru my first playthrough, and I never parry
>>
File: 20160515233123_1.jpg (199 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160515233123_1.jpg
199 KB, 1920x1080
>>338690664
Armor is sexy as fuck m8, what are you talking about?
>>
>>338690672
Damage per swing is better for a boss unless you are playing a bleed build that can take the boss to half HP in literally seconds.
>>
Haven't seen them yet, but are the Painting Guardian equipment there in DS3? I liked those weird blades.
>>
>>338689720
THIS why couldn't they make it usable?
FFS, should've been a STR spear with the lance moveset
ONE JOB, FROM, ONE JOB
>>
>>338690985
yes
>>
>>338691056
Glorious. Where do you find the stuff?
>>
>>338691106
RIGHT UP YOUR ASS.
>>
>>338691106
In Yorska's tower in Anor Londo.
>>
>>338690951
90% of the armor only looks good to people who want to be generic knigh #832 or some edge lord with capes and scarves and fedoras all over their body.
>>
>>338691106
You find it in yorksha's tower the one where you take the invisible path off the tower going to anor londo
>>
>>338690083
You cannot knock them out of it unless you're ganking them. 1v1 I was hitting him with an UGS, his move still went through
>>
>>338689097
>host uses giant seed
>aggro a bunch of enemies and lead them straight to the gank squad
Thanks for the free backup dumbass. Seed is only useful in Irityll dungeon type areas
>>
>>338690530
I was using the Pike
The damage just isn't very good
>>
>>338690872
considering the lag you regularly have to contest with in pvp, and the gank squads+health penalty you deal with in invasions, I'd say it's fair.
>>
File: dsgadfgadf.jpg (82 KB, 911x512) Image search: [Google]
dsgadfgadf.jpg
82 KB, 911x512
mfw people constantly try to parry the un parriable attacks
>>
>>338690872
>>338691370
>implying phantom hit bleed damage helps you
i hope you realize that you can roll to negate a bleed proc
that's right, if you land a phantom hit on a roll, proc your bleed, you will deal ZERO damage and their bleed bar will reset

it happens to me so much its not even funny
>>
>>338691370
This
>>
>>338690672
I know what DPS is, but you still have to swing more. Even in a PVP situation you can avoid one of the attacks easily.

>>338690767
Your 40/40 versus mine and at base i'll do 199 more damage to you. While we can still dodge each other's attacks, I'll have hyper armor, which will allow me to absorb one of your attacks, get a hit in and cause you to stagger, giving me another attack. Suddenly your dps falls off, unless i'm completely out of stamina, or i'm made of tissue paper. I've killed many dark sword users that way. Even before I reached 40/40 with +10 heavy, I 2-3 shotted people fairly easily, due to my rolling 2h r1. Its fairly quick off the roll, and staggers for the 2nd attack.

>>338691251
I've been knocked out of casting so many times its not even funny. Only times it ever works is when i'm about 3/4s of the way through the cast.

>>338691329
has yet to happen to me. They try, they get hit in the back, i come in the front and finish them off. Its also why you throw the charm, so they can't heal. Worked very well in that PVP area between Pontiff and Anor Lando. Before I knew about the seeds, i raged hard at how many people would stand around AI in that area, and the constant invasions. Became easy after that.
>>
>>338689412
>make all weapons parryable
YEAH DUDE TARGET SPAM AND CEASTUS SPAM JUST ISNT PREVALENT ENOUGH AMIRITE
>>
>>338691540
>area where the enemies dont chase you
no shit it worked for you there
>>
File: 1455497161948.jpg (105 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1455497161948.jpg
105 KB, 900x900
>>338689412
Or what if... Bare with me now...
What if...
...they make all weapons...
blockable you fucking casual hold down R1 retard
>>
>>338691345
You can do with low damage weapons in duel scenarios. Everything goes estus spam makes having low damage insufferable though.

You may find this vid a bit inspirational considering that Smouldering Iron is objective shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBt6K8mzU0
>>
>>338688545

>even when superior options show up.

What superior options? The DS has absurdly high DPS, barely any stamina usage, long range for a straight sword and fast animations. If you're going to powergame, there are no better options.
>>
>you can have a +3 Black Knight Greatsword by the time you reach Irithyll and make it +4 by the time you get out
>with just the stats for its requirements, you utterly obliterate everything you touch
>no buffs, no infusions, just you and your big smashy smashy stick
>mfw sending the crocdog on the bridge into riposte mode with a single charged 2H R2 and two-shotting the son of a bitch

Sending things flying with an uppercut is the best feeling in the world. Fuck straight swords.
>>
>>338691698
all of the deacons chase, the knights chase, the drang knights chase as well. I've used it in other areas as well to great effect, even got a kill on NG+ on High wall while I was momentarily afk. He lost most of his health near the dragon, didn't see me in the room, and ran to the knight and died to him. The seed was probably the best improvement for the game, considering the way invaders act now.
>>
>>338691540

>I'll have hyper armor, which will allow me to absorb one of your attacks

Only if you're already halfway through your animation, and he's an idiot if he attacks you then. It isn't difficult to interrupt a large weapon user with a straight sword before hyper armour even kicks in.

The only reason straight sword users are tolerable online is because a large number will continue hammering R1 even when their combo finishes - allowing for parries or punishment.
>>
>invade estoc user/dank sword user/gank squad
>I have infinite health
>beat them and taunt
>fan mail for days
kys gaylords.
>>
>>338691796
Bleed builds.

Any great/ultra class weapon as they let you play a defensive hit and run style that works VERY effectively with the mechanics of the game in both PVE and PVP.

Weapons like the sellsword twinblades + weapon buff

Halberds if you fancy PVPing.

If you fancy PvPing and want to git gud, other straight swords with better movesets are better and will dispatch players with scary efficiency in the right hands. Higher skill players won't let you get away with your LEET DEEPS R1 SPAM BRAH.

Carthus Curved Sword is both good all around and usable for both buff and bleed builds and has a far superior weapon art.
>>
>>338690297
>people can just Swooce right around
Turn on manual aiming silly
180 degree turn on your stomp AND its attack. fuck with them even more by using it with a weapon with a wide horizontal 1h r1 and a weapon skill shield
>>
>>338690530
>trade with guy with shittier armor
>win
Stop listening to /vg/ they lie to gimp you
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
>>338691383
AGS is too good. I really love how much range the R2 has.
>>
File: 1463718706432.png (410 KB, 637x367) Image search: [Google]
1463718706432.png
410 KB, 637x367
>>338692298
mfw rolling R1 also counts as a thrust attack and works with leo ring
>>
File: 1414386285298.jpg (46 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1414386285298.jpg
46 KB, 720x480
>>338692434
Hm, first time I see this Ion
>>
>>338692003
that's why i engage with the rolling 2h r1. it gives me the i-frames i need to get an attack in, then my 2nd typically does the job, if not, then the 3rd. Odds are though, if I dodged your first attack, i can time my attack to hit, or you have to roll and i'll miss. Even if I get 1 hit in, you'll more than likely have to chug, so ill throw a charm at you so you can't do it again and we're back at 100%. However i can be more aggressive (using my warcry) and use my R2. The extra range with either force you to roll, which will let me restart back into a rolling r1, or you take the hit, in which i combo. This works the majority of the time, because people don't know how to take a rolling r1 after rolling. Rolling again typically gets you staggered, or you take the hit. Didn't even mention the hyper armor on the R2. The Greataxe has very little options, but they're good enough given if you have some skill.
>>
>>338690767
Try fighting a greatweapon user that knows how to position himself amd waste your stamina. Dark swords moveset is shit and if you know the right direction to roll phantom range is no problem.
>>
>>338686375
>it's a you got invaded so you go into the boss fight

bye bye fag boi invader
git gud
>>
>>338692298
Why do you faggots jerk it off so much when its literally a shittier BKUGS
I out poke astorafags constantly
>>
>>338687557
git gud
>>
>>338692875
BKUGS is way worse.
>That garbage 2h moveset
>That garbage still
>>
>>338692875
Because Leo ring roll slams for retarded damage is actually absurdly useful in all situations
>>
>>338693096
*skill
>>
>>338692746
i've been basically saying that the whole time. With hyper armor and positioning, Greats and Ultra Greats are still quite good. The phantom range stagger and hyper armor allows you to overcome how slow they are in various ways. The Dark sword is good and easy to use, but if you enjoy a weapon enough, you can use it in PVP. Hell i've always loved the mace but have been absolute shit with it. Turns out blessing the damn thing was stupid. +10 is good enough, even though it lacks range. It hits hard enough to scare away invaders, and perseverance is good for trading to make up for the range. I just wish i never blessed the damn thing in the first place.
>>
>>338693351
>>338692746
I was talking about how it has absurd dps for pve not pvp, in pvp I agree there are better weapons because pvp depends more on movesets than anything else
also if you dont like the infusion why not just use that one stone that takes it off
>>
>>338693351
Greats and Ultras are actually an uphill battle to fight 1v1.

Sure, they crumble to gank squads absurdly easy, because hyperarmor doesnt do shit against multiple people.

But 1v1 they can just outrange/trade/hyperarmor through anything you throw out. You really have to play against their stamina and slow attacks to get ANY solid hits in.
>>
>>338693139
Leo Upward thrusts nigga. 1h r2. Ridiculous damage and anything that even brushes it gets hit. Phantom range (not ahead of the attacks, but the side of the blade) on an upward thrust attack is simply not something people know how to deal with
>>338693096
This is just bait. You know how many people ive wrecked with 2h r2? If they try to roll around me theyre dead. End of story. rotation rotation rotation. Not to mention 2h r1 is the same as any other UGS. Try it. This weapon doesnt lack anything moveset wise but a spin
>>
>>338693509
after finding the stone on the roof of the chapel area, i had no fucking clue where to find another at the time. I was frustrated as fuck that faith felt so shitty, so i started over.

Also outside of some enemies, you can stagger pretty much anything with great weapons. Honestly you can use pretty much anything in pve and do fine.
>>
>>338693806
Greats and UGS users are the only ones that give me consistent problems with my glaive. They seem to have similar or identical range (FUME especially) and they always seem to win in hyper armor exchanges.

Can hyper armor be overpowered by a heavier weapon or am I just completely misreading the timing due to being so used to fighting faster weapons?
>>
>>338693834
You are NOT hitting anyone who's not retarded with the R2. It has no range, you can just roll back once. Also, it has the shitty Greatsword 2h R1 overheads and the rolling stab atack is worse than Astora's.
>>
>>338693859
You can farm them pretty easily actually
>>
>>338693951
You need to back the fuck up and not attack. Try to judge when theyre outta stamina. Good luck tho because people are always underestimating my stamina
>>
>>338693834
Mah niggah, the R2 is the greatest mixup tool you have.
>tap R2 for a quick thrust
>hold R2 for the big slam, release early if they try to hit you
>if they're trying to get close but stay just outside of your range, throw out the CHAAAARGE, they won't expect it (dont risk getting parried though)
Furthermore, the charged R2 will straight up oneshot people in earlier SLs, like hot damn, if it doesnt kill, it sends them flying and gives you some breathing space
>>
>>338694143
Baaaaaiitt. If youre on ps4 hit up /dsg/ at 6:30 AM eastern time (night shift sry) and say you wanna fight Gaiseric and name the place.
>>
>>338688309
>beat every boss solo so far
>just beat Abyss Watchers

Fuck I'm sick of everyone talking shit about me beating bosses solo.

>Bloodborne is easiest Soulsborne game, no wonder you beat all the bosses solo, DSIII is harder!
>been beating every boss in DSIII solo
>well DSIII is meant to be beaten solo!

Fuck.
>>
>>338693951
outside of war cry altering your r2, and perseverance I believe on one of the great maces, I don't believe you can increase hyper armor. Typically the 2nd 1h attack has hyper, and your 2h attacks do, with the 2nd attack having an increased amount of armor in my experience. Not sure after that, since I barely have enough stamina to get 3 attacks off most of the time.

>>338694171
yeah i figured after, but at that point I had bricked my character. Killed everyone off in frustration, and had no weapons. My 2nd character was alot better off though. Eventually made another cleric as my 3rd and he's going well. Sorta made him look like the D2 paladin with a Raw Astora SS. Im going to go back and give the mace another chance. Loved them in 2, even the mace that allowed you to cast miracles (with less base damage of course). Using 2 of those with dark blade casted on both was ridiculous in pvp. Shame that moveset isn't in 3.
>>
>>338694471
>PS4
lolno
What exactly is "bait" in my post? The only advantage BKGS has over Astora is damage. And it looks cooler, I guess.
>>
So, I rather like the Dragonslayer Greataxe. Am I gimping myself?
>>
File: kill me.gif (942 KB, 294x197) Image search: [Google]
kill me.gif
942 KB, 294x197
holy shit you guys weren't kidding about sorcery being fucking trash
>>
>>338694941
Its almost as good as the greataxe, since mixed damage is questionable. I like its special ability, although it does little damage to bosses, at least i've seen. A good choice, if you know what you're getting into with slower attacks.
>>
>>338694650
Writing off movesets you plainly havent tried
I used to run astora GS, i hated the thing
>>
>>338695094
Go pyromancy instead, shit's amazing.
>>
>>338695191
>Haven't tried
Nice assumption. Astora is objectively top-tier right now.
>>
>>338695094
My gf played a caster when we co-oped through the game, you have to invest far more than before to make it work. The softcap is unofficially 60, rather than 40. Of course you have to invest in attunement to get FP as well, and dex to increase cast speed so you catch hell trying to get your health up. I guess From wanted people to stick to a design, rather than being a hybrid. People say pyromancy is good because it has a lower stat investment, and I believe chaos fire orb is good. I haven't tried it yet, so im not exactly sure. Point is, its just hard as fuck to play like we could before. Mages will be mages, knights will be knights and clerics will be clerics, unless you're at high level. Pyromancy just happens to be better, faster.
>>
>everyone has different play styles
>everyone argues on what's best
>people say NO THIS IS BETTER
>people retort NO THIS IS BETTER
>non-stop argument of every weapon and magic possible

Hell I just play with a shitty Long Sword and a Pyro glove, and dodge everything.
Armor means jack shit, I could go naked and not take damage.
>>
Weapon skills are the lamest shit in DS3. Every single one of them takes fucking forever to wind up, leaving you wide open for the enemy to rip into you. And the bonus damage is negligible.
>>
>>338687838

Tears of Denial

It's why I carry knives with me. It feels so good nailing them when they roll away to estus and that little "1" pops up above their head followed by a scream.
>>
>>338695094
Whats you SL? If it isnt at least 100, thats your problem. Ive had alotta fun running sorceries after they were patched
>>338694419
exactly. The meme weapons are waaay overrated. People dont understand that you need to learn unorthodox techniques for some weapon but the payoff of easily killing a ganksquad with a so-called shit weapon is glorious
>>
>>338695486
Yeah I was just trying out a new character. I figured it gets better later but the starting spells aren't that good and I was baffled why farron dart is even in the game.
>>
>>338695094
dont play through sorcerer its pure suffering. Just respec when you are level 80 and you should be good.
>>
>>338695454
WAs are best used when your hp is low and they get greedy or when fighting multiple opponents. They really shine in those scenarios
>>
>>338695738
Great farron dart is better than using throwing knives. Thats what its for.
Im SL 45 on a mage rn. I have to summon a partner for any area filled with enemies with no bonfire coming soon but other than thats its ok if your patient as fuck
>>
File: 1413153243437.jpg (61 KB, 430x318) Image search: [Google]
1413153243437.jpg
61 KB, 430x318
>mfw finding someone who memes harder than OnlyAfro on youtube
>>
>>338696104
by the time you reach 100, you'll be fine, you just need to get better skills and invest in your Int as quickly as possible.
>>
>invade world as grape
>draw dicks with prism stones until I die
wild card baby
>>
Dark Sword isn't so bad to fight against since everyone who uses it is fully braindead.
They'll never do less than 3 r1s in a row so if they start attacking you and you dodge you can always do a rolling attack.
It's especially funny to do with Astora's GS which for some reason benefits from leo ring.
>>
>>338696353
I jist bait them into profanes poke or upwards attack then trade r1 hits and win

Profane is such a god tier weapon
>>
File: 1353218839943.gif (945 KB, 300x185) Image search: [Google]
1353218839943.gif
945 KB, 300x185
>>338696343
Prism stones start despawning after 20 or so.
Feels bad man.
>>
>>338696343
devilish
>>
File: Vordt-s-Great-Hammer.png (61 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Vordt-s-Great-Hammer.png
61 KB, 512x512
I swap between Pic related and Great Club. Only time I use Great Club is on enemies resistant to frost. Nothing makes me laugh more than being invaded by a parry fishing rapier user and hyper-armor-ing through their shit. Stun lock them with back to back hits. Or even better watching them trying to parry 2h swings and getting punished. Hard.
>>
>>338696343
You should just run around naked and throw literal shit at them. That will show them. Don't forget the one that you can throw in mid run.
>>
>>338682674
but it isn't the strongest of the straight swords. Anri's is.
>>
>>338696119
Why does Dark Souls attract so many memers?
>>
>>338696726
it has longer range, which is why people use it so much.
>>
File: laughing tyrone.gif (3 MB, 240x234) Image search: [Google]
laughing tyrone.gif
3 MB, 240x234
>>338696720
>mfw shitting on invaders and then literally shitting on their corpse with stalk dung pies as their screen fades out
>>
>>338696119
Iron Memeapple?
Or A German Spy, the world's first living meme?
>>
Here's a real question for you:

Why even bother invading when the odds are so stacked against you? On any given invasion you have to deal with the host, his twinked out white phantom friend running him through the game, his sunbro he summoned for the boss and a blueberry desperate for an ear. It's ludicrous.
>>
>>338696720
that's reserved for my character "poo in the loo rajeet" the rosario finger
>>
>>338696925
Because it's fun
>>
File: stef2.jpg (14 KB, 804x446) Image search: [Google]
stef2.jpg
14 KB, 804x446
>>338696674
>Or even better watching them trying to parry 2h swings and getting punished. Hard.
Literally the best pvp feel.
>>
>>338696925
There are essentially three endgames in Dark Souls:

1) Fight club
2) Dried Finger solo
3) Trying to destroy hosts with phantom armies

That and fucking around. Embers are common as fuck, soul rewards for invasions is marginal, and non-broken covenants are easy to farm.
>>
>>338696925
Because sometimes it works out well and feels good because hosts get more upset than anybody else
>>
File: 20160523220412_1.jpg (227 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
20160523220412_1.jpg
227 KB, 1360x768
>>338696925
I'm one of those massive weirdos that can't have fun unless things are as against me as humanly possible.

If it's easy, I'm not having fun. The struggle is what I love.
>>
>>338696902
Who is "A German Spy" anyway?
>>
>>338697261
The embodiment of *teleports behind you* meme images.
>>
>>338696993
It's fun to be forced to use everything at your disposal just to have a slight chance to get a victory when the host can afk while his ghost army beats you into submission?

>>338697160
I only take solace in the fact that the poor PvP balance has discouraged many players from invading meaning less people get to have fun being invaded
>>
If sirris went away in my game and i killed cursed greatwood can i still get into mound makers?
>>
>>338688434
http://scasblog.tumblr.com/post/144230744571
>>
>>338697373
Ive plunged and ohko the host before infront of his phantoms. Or when they charge ahead leaving him alone and you run in and kill him fast. Makes it worth it
>>
File: 1460839282012.jpg (26 KB, 525x459) Image search: [Google]
1460839282012.jpg
26 KB, 525x459
>>338697135
it's great isn't it? Going for their one hit one kill garbage. While I club them to death. The only thing better than is have a 2h Katana user or someone who is holding their rapier 2h. I pop my my caestus out, one in each hand. Use the Perseverance weapon art and BEAT THEM TO DEATH WITH MY FISTS OF PURE BRUTE STRENGTH. Heavy infused casteus + 10. They swap to 1h and parry shield. I switch back to 2h Vordt's mace.
>>
>>338697578
I don't feel good about beating literal retards
>>
>>338697517
I want to be swallowed by that stinky abyss.
>>
File: Invading is fun.jpg (552 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
Invading is fun.jpg
552 KB, 1920x2160
>>338697373
You don't seem to fully appreciate just how badly the game is trivialized against player phantom armies. Invaders have a holy duty to defend the defenseless monsters from those 3-4 player rape squads. I find it sad there isn't a covenant dedicated to that thematically actually.

Furthermore many phantom army hosts are begging for the PvP considering how easily they could cancel the invasion by just entering the boss area the majority of the time.
>>
File: 1463576488353.jpg (109 KB, 533x437) Image search: [Google]
1463576488353.jpg
109 KB, 533x437
>>338696902
>Iron Memeapple
>Call friends
>"Let's do a themed gank!"
>"Hell yeah! Let everyone see how we successfully ganked these poor invaders!"
How deep has the community fallen?
>>
File: 1463506350791.jpg (65 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463506350791.jpg
65 KB, 500x375
>tfw Great Scythe user
>>
>>338697857
this
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.