[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We can all agree with this, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: dark souls 3 weapons.png (565 KB, 1123x826) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3 weapons.png
565 KB, 1123x826
We can all agree with this, right?
>>
>>338678590

Goddards is shite except for the rolling attack.
>>
>Goddards
>God tier
Roll l1 roll l1 roll l1
>>
>God tier means the most memetic overused bullshit
I mean I guess so
>>
File: axe vs meme sword.webm (3 MB, 1024x574) Image search: [Google]
axe vs meme sword.webm
3 MB, 1024x574
>>338678590
kys
>>
File: claymore.jpg (2 MB, 5598x1470) Image search: [Google]
claymore.jpg
2 MB, 5598x1470
Refined claymore is a monster at 30/30, I'm 3 shotting some people at SL70.
>>
>>338679041

It's beaten in ar by a fucking straight sword with the same stats. Great swords are terrible.
>>
>>338679190
You can't 2H hyperarmor trade with a SS like you can with a GS though.
>>
>>338678590
>one-shot-combo/shouldnt-have-hyper halberd
>o+l1 sword
>I-suck-at-parrying fists
>circle-hypers
>literal-bug pyro

yeah ok.
>>
>>338679012
>>338679041
small axes and greatswords are just objectively worse than longswords. Slower, worse range, and the same AR. Completely worthless. The only thing axes are good for is surprising people that have never seen the weapon art before
>>
>>338678590
>no lothric knight sword

step it up anon
>>
File: dark-souls-iii-champion-gundyr.jpg (138 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-iii-champion-gundyr.jpg
138 KB, 600x338
>>338678590
You're missing Gundyr's Halberd.

Otherwise you're pretty on-point. Also that greatshield feels broken as fuck, I keep winning matches just two-handing the thing.
>>
>>338679576
>worse scaling AND worse base damage than Dark Sword

it's cool if you want to be a hipster and use a worse weapon because it's less popular but if a weapon is outclassed in every way by another weapon that means it is bad
>>
>>338678590
>Ceastus
wait! they're actually good?

I'd probably add anri's straight sword as well. At least it feel OP to me. Butcher knife is kinda border line Its sweep is a bit ridiculous but its not as strong as these other ones.
>>
>>338679845
not for attacking, for parrying
>>
>there are actually people who don't know the glory of the Astora Greatsword

Enjoy getting parried and being COMPLETELY UNABLE to punish estus spammers, faggots.
>>
>>338679845
You misunderstand. They're good to have in your left hand to use exclusively for parrying. For some reason fist weapons are the only thing in the game that has instant parry frames with no startup.

For actually using as a weapon they are garbage.
>>
File: 1426035217526.png (323 KB, 764x540) Image search: [Google]
1426035217526.png
323 KB, 764x540
>>338679917
I should have known
>>
>>338679845
Caestus is for easy mode parry
>>
>>338679845

Caestus isn't good, its parry is good. Less parry frames than small shields but the parry comes quicker, closer to real time. Less recovery as well. It's essentially the parry item for people who suck at parrying. You can fuck up your parry and still have time to roll thanks to the low recovery frames. Pick a big weapon, hornet ring, and then parry fish with Caestus. If you take too many hits roll away and chug, eventually you will land the parry and one-shot. No skill required.
>>
VARIETY
A
R
I
E
T
Y
>>
>>338679991
good weapons don't need to punish estus drinking because they kill in one combo

>>338679659
Gundyr is pretty strong but it's got some problems. The weapon art is major parry bait
>>
>>338679991
Shhh. Just enjoy punishing them from beyond their max range.
>>
File: vanquishers_seal.png (4 KB, 85x85) Image search: [Google]
vanquishers_seal.png
4 KB, 85x85
>>338680194
>>338680087
>>338680010
>Parrying is literally the only upside of Caestus
>Can't parry with it as your main weapon
>Weapon arts is literally useless
FIST BUILD WHERE ARE THOU
>>
>no profaned great sword
Why aren't you using the best sword in any souls game?
>>
Damn, the spiked mace considered a meme weapon now? Been using it since day 1 and beat most of the bosses with it.
>>
>>338680509
It's pretty sad, in Dark Souls 2 you could combine Flynn's Ring, Ring of Blades and Vanquishers to get pretty massive fist damage, like 500 AR. In DS3 they're only for parrying and stunlocking people who don't know about the roll button
>>
>>338680746
With a luck build you can apply Carthus Rouge and do a combo of R1 > L2 > R2 and bleed will go off like halfway through the inescapable combo. Combined with its high damage it effectively is a kill combo from full health even if they have heavy armor and high health.

your biggest enemy for this is internet latency letting somebody roll out, though.
>>
>>338680509
I never got this ring and I didnt use flynn's ring either, but I still loved fist weapons in ds2. The kamehameha from the dragon fist though pretty crappy was still infinitely more useful and more fun than the dumb weapon art in ds3
>>
File: 1431887179561.jpg (106 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1431887179561.jpg
106 KB, 768x1024
>farron
>carthus dual meme
>poison pine
>get bled and poisoned in 2 attacks
>>
>>338678590
What's a good weapon for Fire and Magic Infusion? I need something with raw stats.
>>
>>338678590
Memeswords isn't that threatening. I think the other Straight Swords are better. The rolling R1 is a gimmick. It's R1s on their own aren't bad, and all the follow ups are slow as hell and easy to outspace and punish.

BKGA has insane dmg, but it's hard to hit anyone half decent with it.

Dragonslayer Greataxe is absolutely not God tier. Even harder to hit with than the BKGA.

>Sacred Flame anything
lmfao

Warden Twinblades w/ Carthus Rouge is alright. Still not hard to outspace or beat someone with them. A Refined Carthus Curved Sword is a lot better, and perhaps a candidate for God tier.

The Spiked Mace combo was deadly, but it relied on ever hitting someone with the R1. Again, very few half-decent players would give you that. Also, I say "was" because I think they may have patched out the last hit. No more one-shotting.

Exile Greatsword isn't God tier. Again, the moveset is difficult to hit with even if the damage is good. I actually think a Refined Murakumo is better because it has much better range for not a whole lot of dmg sacrified.

Black Knight Glaive is definitely God tier. Probably even the absolute best in my opinion. Extremely safe spacing weapon with insane damage. They may have nerfed the combo too like with the Spiked Mace, but it's still stupid good. Extremely low risk, extremely high reward weapon.

I actually agree with Caestus being god tier also as a parry weapon. Low weight, can make Simple or Blessed, near instant parry frames, and very little to no recovery frames. It's dumb.

I guess Greatshields fit the bill too but that's mostly a gimmick imo. Dark Sword in God tier makes sense just for the dmg and SS R1 moveset.

I would maybe throw Washing Pole in for God tier also because the running R1 is another example of insanely low risk and high reward.
>>
>>338678590
What about the Flamberge? I think it's pretty good.
>>
I know it's not top tier but are Drang Twinspears any good? I just like the moveset so far
>>
>>338681210
>he doesn't know about sacred flame

there's a popular glitch that makes it kill literally any build in one hit with base stats to cast it.
>>
Is the PoiseSlayer Greataxe the best gankspank weapon?

Straightsword faggots come to spam at you and you bring down a lightning slam with your hyper armor. Lightning clutch ring let's you one shot 3 people at a time
>>
>>338681880
yeah, especially if you use the "run away, then randomly turn around and parry a running attack" tactics for those hornet ring 1 shot kills
>>
>>338681870
>getting grabbed by sacred flame ever
I'm aware of the glitch, but it doesn't matter. With all it's start up frames, it's nearly impossible to grab anyone half-decent with it.
>>
>>338678590

Is the Havel Shield a joke?

Every time I see someone two handing one, they get killed really easily. I'm assuming they watched that one video and assumed they were invincibie.
>>
>>338681210
dark sword has the same attack speed and range as the other straight swords, but superior damage. It's simply better. If you're a straight sword user it's not like you'll be doing much other than R1 R1 R1 anyway. It also has that stupid as fuck phantom range where it hits you from 2 meters away

BKGA and Dragonslayer Greataxe can stunlock 2 hits and kill from those two hits, or instantly kill anybody with a reposte. Pretty much they're the best option for parry fisher faggots

Sacred Flame due to the glitch, casting it with iron flesh for poise instant kills

Exile Greatsword has much more AR than other curved greatswords, it's not just a "little" more damage, its a lot.

also most of the weapon you say you can never hit with an R1 have big range and hyper armor, so even if the other player is good you can still manage to hit them eventually, and you only need that one hit with these god tier weapons for a combo kill
>>
>>338682131
greatshields only feel somewhat close to God-tier if paired with the Estoc
>>
>>338678590

I don't get why parries work the way they do.

Parrying big weapons should require big parrying tools. That way you could balance out weapons that are slow and easy to parry by requiring the use of shields that aren't as easy to parry with.
>>
>>338682074
Great Axes, Spiked Mace, Glaive, and Sacred Flame + Iron Flesh all have hyper armor. You can say "just don't get hit" sure, but basically if you're up against these weapons you make one tiny mistake, you hit R1 once at the wrong time, your internet lags out for a second, and you are dead. One hit, it's over. These attacks aren't even much slower than other weapons. When you fight somebody "decent' in dark souls 3, do your fights consist of both of you just never hitting each other at all ever because you're so good at dodging until the invasion timer runs out and you both disconnect at full health?
>>
>>338682476
Never disagreed with Dark Sword being good. I was referring to the Twinswords.

The damage of both greataxes doesn't the slow as hell attack speed. I get that it's a tradeoff for the 2-shot potential, but that keeps it from being God-tier imo. Parry fishing also isn't hard to deal with in this game.

>sacred flame anything even with fucking iron flesh

It's called rolling directly away whenever you see someone start casting it. You will literally never get hit by it. Never. NEVER. It isn't good, and only an idiot would try hitting someone with Iron Flesh while they have their fucking Pyro Flame out. Just walk away and spam "Applause" whenever someone tries to do anything with Iron Flesh.

You're probably right about Exile GS, but I've recently been exploring the Murakumo and found that I can outrange other ultra/great weapons (except Yhorm's and maybe 1 or 2 others) with it. Can't do that with Exile, so I'd argue Murakumo might be more useful.

Hyper armor is definitely an aspect of ultra/great weapons you need to employ to be successful, but many of the God tier weapons circumvent this by being able to attack for high dmg with little to no recovery. The fact is, ultra/great weapon users need to work exponentionally harder and make harder reads than people using fast/safe weapons like Black Knight Glaive, Carthus Curved Sword, and Estoc.

Ultra/great weapons aren't bad, but I'd argue they're clearly a significant cut below low risk, high reward weapons. This is coming from someone who PvPs almost exclusively with the Great Club.
>>
File: 1463007807730.png (10 KB, 220x211) Image search: [Google]
1463007807730.png
10 KB, 220x211
>>338678590
>curved exile greatsword
Yesssssss
>>
>>338683280
>if you just keep running away forever it can't get you

this is true of any weapon though
>>
>>338678590
You'll never separate me from my zweihander. It carried me through DS and DS2, so no matter what people say is the best weapons I'll stay with what was my only true companion throughout the series.
>>
File: Black Knight Glaive.jpg (121 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Black Knight Glaive.jpg
121 KB, 1024x576
>>338678590
>BKG god tier
Mate I love the thing but there are much better polearms this is on a 50 50 with both stat rings on so 55 55 build. It's combos are nice but they can roll out after the third hit if they aren't a retard
>>
>>338683508
Not necessarily. With faster weapons, you can bait people into rolling out of fear just by getting close. Then you roll punish. You can absolutely be proactive and get results against players trying to play only reactively.

This is a lot harder to do with ultra/great weapons, though.
>>
>>338683623
R1->L2->R1 combos. L2 is unparryable and good for mixing it up.

That said the only players I consistently have difficulty fighting using glaives are UGS users. They frequently have similar(?) range to me (Fume!!!) and they always seem to win out on hyper armor exchanges.

Maybe the delay is screwing with my timing? Can hyper armor be overpowered by a "heavier" weapon?
>>
Is playing through the first Dark souls using the cestus doable? Whats some stats/gear/strats that would help?
>>
>>338683623
55/55 is a little steep on the stat investment if you're trying to keep with 100-120
>>
>>338683964
Yes I know that combo it is my go to along with r1 l2 r2 jumping r2. I don't know if it's a latency thing or some type of ring but some people can just roll out mid combo mid l2 no matter what. Plus it is parry bait with all it's attacks besides the l2 and jumping r2

>>338684062
It's just a screen shot from a sl 125 build I fuck around on to test shit out on. Hes in like ng+10 so he has a fuck ton of weapons so I respec and check things out on him
>>
>longsword nowhere to be seen

OP being a fag as always.
>>
>>338683623
>Flynn's ring past 30%
>flynn's ring at all
No one should be trusting your opinions on anything
>>
>tfw nobody has discovered my secret red hilted halberd meta weapon
feels good man
>>
>>338684321
It's better then fucking anything else son. Cholthory ring +2 is eh red tear stone is all right but involves getting hit a lot havels it pointless. What's a good ring to put there other then flynns for a little extra damage or the hornet right when using the glaive?
>>
>>338684264
Despite the stupid Damage/Stamina ratio of straightswords along with the stupid phantom range the actual moveset is predictable as hell. In PvE straightswords are godmode but in PvP I don't think they are really dominant at all.
>>
File: image.png (29 KB, 206x259) Image search: [Google]
image.png
29 KB, 206x259
Missing the best weapon in the game.
>>
>>338684454
Go test with and without it on any mob, you're probably not getting any AR at all. Chloranthy is better than a dead slot and stat rings are garbage due to diminishing gains past 40. Life Ring +2 will usually allow any build to take one more hit.
>>
>>338684454
Flynn stops giving bonus AR past 30% burden.

Please show your shitterness somewhere else.
>>
>>338684710
>>338684779
It does add ar though it adds 12 I've tested it on many things to see it's between that or lloyds sword ring
>>
>>338681880
Only idiots use the clutch rings.
>>
>>338684964
Clutch rings cause such a minimal drop in defense that it's negligible. The only time you really notice it is if you're using all of them.

I use the carthus blood ring and the prisoner's chain and honestly it's kind of hard to notice a difference when I get hit.
>>
>>338684864
>12 ar
jesus christ, 2% more damage. Totally better than ~20% more stamina regen.
>>
>>338685096
>10 and 15 percent more damage
>negligible
Man where are all you shitters when I pvp
>>
>>338684964
While clutch rings suck balls in buffing weapon damage they buff damage as advertised for actual spell nukes.
>>
>>338685096
Not in PVP.
>>
Does the roll invisibility provided by Carthus Milkring has any effect at all in the gameplay? Or is it purely cosmetic?
>>
>>338685249
Cosmetic, but the ring itself gives you 3 dex.
>>
>>338685249
It does show you when your iframes start and end. You can use it to learn where you're safe and not.
>>
>>338685096
This is kind of what I'm thinking. Shitty resistance downsides from those rings won't stop me getting killed in a few hits by someone who knows what they're doing. Still, I don't like them my resistances in single digits too much so I tend to opt out of them.
>>
>>338685430
Yeah but there's no reason to use it over the dex ring, which gives 5 dex.
>>
File: dark souls 3.jpg (24 KB, 942x207) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.jpg
24 KB, 942x207
I did it bros!
>>
>>338685096
Actually it's the opposite. They give minimal damage increase but major absorption decrease. It says 10% in the description, but in PvP it's closer to 15%

Whereas the benefit to damage is only like 4%
>>
>>338685650
Wow you followed a guide. Good Job!
>>
>>338685547
It makes it a bit more difficult to drop lock on, which limits a lot of options for some weapons, but otherwise, yeah.
>>
>>338685650
For all your PoaCK farming you deserve it
>>
>>338685757
wut
>>
Has From ever patched out phantom range from a weapon before?

Because whether you like it or not, the fact that the Dark Sword has that broken phantom range breaks PVP. Its range is longer than the Washing Pole.

Most of the weapons on OP's pic related are gimmick weapons. Hornet kills, carthus bleed effect, Havel stability, Iron Flesh Pyro grab, rolling R1, L1 + R1 + R2, and R1 spam. Its like they're god tier if they just break the game because From intentionally designed other weapons to be weak in comparison.
>>
File: proof_of_a_concord_kept.png (24 KB, 196x203) Image search: [Google]
proof_of_a_concord_kept.png
24 KB, 196x203
For those of you who never get summoned for darkmoon/sentinels, do you also have trouble getting summons for way of blue?
>>
>>338685846
I had luck on those, got them dropped one after the other, but then again I had like 450 item discovery. Those damn vertebrae shackles were much harder to get if you ask me.
>>
>>338684665
Witch locks? Literal shit
>>
Is there a DS3 weapon like the gunlance?
>>
>>338685916
Nope. I even hosted a blue world.
>>
>>338685963
Why didn't you just invade for shackles? Heck, even winning honorabru 1v1's make them add up
>>
File: elite.jpg (270 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
elite.jpg
270 KB, 621x621
>Everybody obsesses over which weapons are mathematically superior
>Nobody bothers with weapons because they're fun/cool/interesting to use
>Only ever see the same few builds and weapons over and over again
>People get actively mocked in pretty much every circle for using weapons that enjoy or builds that mix things up/provide challenge
I'm kind of glad I don't play online. I just want to have interesting encounters with a variety of opponents. Otherwise, I'd rather just cut out the experience altogether.
>>
File: Murakumo.png (40 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Murakumo.png
40 KB, 512x512
I don't care what's good what it bad. I'll always use my weaponfu, I just wish from would let me get the black version of it again.
>>
>>338685916
Every time I equip Way of the Blue and get invaded the game always summon two blues at once, I don't understand why, but the reason people are having trouble getting summoned might be because almost nobody is picking way of the blue. From is also retarded for getting rid of the sin system, I mean sin system is still in the game but it doesn't summon blues anymore.
>>
>>338685909
Does Dark Sword actually have better r1 range than Broadsword or other straight swords?
>>
>>338678590
Carthus Sword best sword
>>
>>338679012
God I love the warcry movesets

dragonslayer axe is goat now with the patch.
>>
>>338686067
I don't like PvPing that much, the only covenant items I didn't farm for were Sunlight Medals since I had enough by cooping with bros. The rest I had to farm every single one.
>>
>>338685916
Its fucking retarded that you can't use red eye orb with the auto summon covenants to prioritize your invasion.

That an Farron's / Aldrich's autosummoning is unreliable when Red Eye reliably is fucking retarded in itself actually.
>>
File: 1428379920301.jpg (5 KB, 196x160) Image search: [Google]
1428379920301.jpg
5 KB, 196x160
>>338678590
Outdated as fuck
You can roll out of glaive, curved GS, and spiked mace combos now. The stunlock is gone. Only dual weapons (twinblades especially) got to keep their combos as far as i know.

On that note
>twinblades
>god tier
They actually take skill to use considering they have zero range/hyper armor.
>>
>Dark Sword

Are we still using day 1 tier lists?
>>
>>338686106
Sadly this. I used to use Dancer's Enchanted Swords for its look/moveset a lot but they'd just get straight up outgunned in trades and a broken WA made them near useless. Respec'd to use DSGA and haven't lost many since.
>>
File: 1463862562659.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
1463862562659.png
55 KB, 217x190
>the feeling of winning consistently with a weapon you like that is complete outside the meta
>it's literally considered a straight downgrade from another weapon
>shit on people with it anyway

Also I'm not Anthony Burch.
>>
>>338686298
Aldrich has pretty decent summoning I reckon
>Constantly getting summoned when at 50/+5 and up even if it is cancerous gank squads camping at Water Reserve bonfire

Watchdoges didn't work well for me at all though
>>
>>338686412
they didnt nerf it
>>
>>338678590
>not identifying dual sellswords as SSS Tier.
>>
>>338686142
Yes. I invaded a lot as a purple and R1s from Astora's Straight Sword users and Long Sword users didn't hit me as much as one-handed R1s from Dark Sword users did.

Just try to wield a long weapon like a spear or washing pole and imagine the very tip of the weapon hitting another player. You must have spent a lot of time keeping that distance and trying your best in positioning. Only to have the dark sword user press R1 and have the same range as you with no effort put into it.
>>
>>338682818
I missed this. See >>338683508

I never said it was impossible to hit others with those weapons (except Sacred Flame. There is literally no excuse to ever get hit by it ever). It's just a lot harder to use them than fast weapons with little recovery.
>>
>>338686604
Yeah but people aren't falling for R1 spam anymore.
>>
>>338678590
Black knight glaive, spiked mace, and exile greatsword are worthless after the latest patch.
>>
>>338685963
Vertebrae shekels are easy because invasions
>>
File: Lothric-Knight-Sword.png (38 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Lothric-Knight-Sword.png
38 KB, 512x512
But... the LKS is better than it. By far.
>>
Does pyromancy scale also with faith now or just intelligence? If i want to go with full pyro build should i go 40/40 on fth/int or just get the bare minimum faith what the pyromancy needs?
>>
>>338686716
fuck. i linked to the wrong post. see THIS post: >>338683948
>>
>>338685106
>Running out of stamina
>ever
>>
>>338686106
if you want to have interesting encounters with a variety of builds online you should try dark souls 2

the problem here is not the players. The problem is the developers. From Software did bad weapon balance. Some weapons are just simply better in every single way than other weapons. Pretty much the only "variety" you can have is "losing every time with my funny joke meme build" or "winning every time with my meme build". Which do you think people are going to pick?

in Dark Souls 2 at least the funny joke meme builds could actually be powerful and effective. You could win as a butterfly man with ceastus. You could win as the naked guy with a ladle.

DS3? you use a weapon with bad AR and you get fucked over by defense damage threshold
>>
>>338685916
That's not a bad idea. Maybe a lot of people go Blue and not Dorkmoon, even in late-game
>>
>>338678590
Haven't they patched Sacred Flame yet?
>>
>>338686120
Kumos not bad though
>>
>>338686765
Can they just nerf straight swords now
>>
>>338686863
Dark Souls 2 is the better game for PvP build/weapon variety/viability. There is a clear tier list of weapons, but the gaps between those tiers is much smaller than they are in DS3.
>>
>Great Club has no armor on anything anywhere and gets interrupted by estoc R1s
uninstalled
>>
>>338686120
Carthus Curved Greatsword is better in every way. And black.
>>
>>338686941
No
>>
>>338681054

>DS3
>poison

lol
>>
>>338686948
No. Didn't you notice that swords have an entire grade higher scaling? Almost all infused S tier INT/FAITH weapons are swords.

FROM is literally allowing sword faggotry to destroy their meta.
>>
>>338686816
Really? On a quality build it looks like the Sunlight Straight Sword trumps all. And has that great weapon art buff.
>>
I wish I had good internet so I could enjoy the PvP

Right now I'm limited to spamming GCFO and hoping lag fucks them over
>>
>>338686983
what. i main the Great Club in PvP and it absolutely does have hyper armor.
>>
>>338686818
The soft cap is 60/60 now

also, you don't get less returns the more you put into it, you actually get more after a point. It's very bad to stop at 40. You should stop at 60
>>
>>338686948
No, anyone using anything other than straight swords and estocs is a bug. They will continue patching the game until this is fixed.
>>
>>338686943
It's a worse Exile GS, that is already a poor's man CCGS.
>>
so why do you call it 'hyper armor' instead of 'super armor' or even just 'armor'
>>
>>338686990
Carthus Curved GS looks like ass. I prefer my Kumo. More range, more style, more useful WA (for me).
>>
>>338687094
On what? I get poked out of the warcry charged R2 all the damn time, not to mention absolutely everything else.
>>
>>338686990
>>338686990
Kumo has higher AR thj\en CCGS CCGS just has bleed they both have the same combos and kump has more damage
>>
>>338687230
>those sexy engravings
>ass
Murakumo doesn't even inflict bleed
>>
>>338687073
Stop looking at just numbers. The LKS has the best moveset out of all SS.
>>
File: 1428989168516.png (200 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
1428989168516.png
200 KB, 500x276
>>338686998
>spotted whip +10
>slap on some poison resin
>fight different people for a good 20 minutes or so
>literally haven't poisoned anyone once
>bring out poison mist
>spam it
>zero poison
>try storyteller's staff
>doesnt work either
I have never poisoned anyone in this game
>>
who saint bident here
>>
>>338679536
they actually have the same start up frames to attack, which is 34 frames.

Axes/hammers do have worse range and a bad moveset like you said though.
>>
>>338687318
>needing bleed
spot the luck shitter
>>
>>338687205
"hyper armor" and "super armor" are used interchangeably.

Just calling it "armor" would be too vague and would be confused with the equipable items called "armor"
>>
>>338687339
It's good I'll give you that. But even still the Sunlight Straight Sword has a buff you can repeatedly cast with minimal FP
>>
>>338687318
Who cares about bleed.

Kumo's my baby.
>>
>>338687205
it's a fighting game term for the same thing as what appears in DS3 (a property of some attacks that preventing you from being staggered by an enemy attack)

super armor is the same thing
>>
>>338687421
Somebody has too much sodium in their blood

>>338687392
I can only see it working on an STR/FTH build with heavy infusion
>>
>>338687481
I know it's a fighting game term

That's why I don't understand why a new term had to be coined for DS3 when it's literally the same mechanic
>>
>>338678590

I don't have DaS 3 and the pvp is already looking shit based on what people are saying.

>Spells suck
>No Poise
>Only a set few good weapons

DaS 1 had almost no useless weapons.
>>
>>338687109
wait, what?
>>
>>338687373
dont bother, it deals like 10 hp per tick very slowly and doesnt really put pressure on opponents like it did in DS2
>>
>>338687457
You can cast the buff and change weapon. The buff is not practical if the opponent is not being and idiot and letting you buff. While you're buffing a BKGA can easily kill you in 2 hits.
>>
>>338687468
>Who cares about bleed
see
>>338687421

Besides, it's boring and plain compared to the rest of its kind.
>>
>>338687373
dont worry anon, its negligible damage if it ever manages to stick
>>
>>338687481
Actually super armor and hyper armor are different things and DaS3's is super armor.
Super armor has a certain amount of hits it can prevent the hitstun of during its active frames before breaking. Hyper armor just prevents hitstun for the duration of its active frames.
>>
>>338687109
I'm not really sure if i want to level up that much. I've been thinking about making a character somewhere between sl 60-80 for invasions. But good to know about the softcap if i ever want to try it out with my sl120 character.
>>
>>338687237
The R1s and R2s have hyper armor, but not in the earlier frames. Charged R2 even has hyper armor on some of the late start up frames, I think.

I admit I have no clue on the Warcry R2. I actually think it's bad and never use it.
>>
File: 20160513001612_1.jpg (468 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160513001612_1.jpg
468 KB, 1920x1080
>>338678590
I dunno, I tend to catch a lot of people offguard with the Greatsword's R1 + R1 + R2.
I have a lot of fun with that weapon; it scales better without it being refined, no infusion at all, at 40/40. I whiff on purpose, parry the follow up attack and one shot. Failing that, R1 pot-shots and rolling attacks dispatch most invaders, oh, and the dead-angles help, too.
>>
>>338687392
IDK about the Bident in particular, but Charge is probably the best WA in the game
>>
>>338687541
hyper armor isn't a "new term", it's also a very old fighting game term

>>338687585
there's a bug with storyteller staff, it actually does massive damage with its poison. It's higher than toxic for DPS
>>
>>338687585
>>338687628
I wanted a decent alternative to bleed on my luck build. Instead I got the slowest win condition to ever fucking exist.

Don't even get me started on acid cloud or toxic mist.
>durability is nonexistent in this game
Has anyone EVER had to repair a weapon in this rat game?

Just take me back to Ds2 with the powerstanced poison whips with instapoison and 99 corrosive urns.
>>
>>338687559
Spells doesn't suck, you can make builds that easily oneshot players if you go full glasscannon. I don't get this spells suck maymay
>>
>>338687559
>only a set few good weapons
is simply not true. Just like in all of the other souls games, every weapon is very viable, pvp or otherwise. Some may outlass others in most respects, but every weapon that is not obviously a joke weapon is usable. People are just trying too hard to fit into the shitter meta to give other weapons a chance

spells are pretty shit tho
>>
>>338680567
Lorians is better and gets fire on l2 without having to r2
>>
>>338687819
you can get bleed in one combo if you use a weapon art
>>
>>338686751
>people aren't falling for people pressing the attack button anymore

????

there's nothing to fall for, it's just easy to use.
>>
>>338687819
Never had to repair a weapon but I have had one break
>Co-oped in other worlds about 10 times straight in Undead Settlement without sitting at a bonfire in-between
>>
>>338687853

Miyazaki ripped out hexes and shoved them down the three other spell types and basically cut the number of hexes in half, removing classics like dark bead

Then he decided to load miricles up with pointless buffs that aren't worth the mana cost

Dark damage is also supposedly shit tier as everything resists it.
>>
>>338688209
what I don't understand is why every buff spell in dark souls 3 seems to last 3 seconds
>>
God tier: R1 weapon art combo weapons, estoc, great shields, caestus/parry shields, great magic shield, hornet ring

Good tier: halberds, dark sword, hyper armor R1, perseverance

Everything else: Everything else
>>
>>338688368

I don't understand why Dark Weapon still looks retarded. They should have learned from the second one, get rid of the purple and just cover the blade in a humanity aura.
>>
File: 1428780184889.gif (134 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1428780184889.gif
134 KB, 340x340
>>338688376
>r1 weapon art combo weapons
>greatshields
>he doesnt know
>>
>>338688559
maybe dragon's dogma trademarked that
>>
BKG got nerfed you can roll out of the wombo combo now
Champs halberd is better
>>
>>338688368
I can't believe what they've done to Power Within. 15 fucking second duration, for a 20% damage increase that does 30% of your max hp to yourself in damage. With a 12 Int/12 Fai requirement to use it.
>>
>>338688743
well, carthus flame arc makes up for it
>>
>>338688209
Oh yes the variety of spells DOES suck. I have my hopes up that they give us more dark sorceries with cut con... i mean DLC's, like in the first Dark Souls. And yeah, since lightning spears don't do any damage most of the miracles are useless
>>
File: 68506392.jpg (94 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
68506392.jpg
94 KB, 500x281
>>338679659
>>
>>338688743
You can stack buffs though, and you need buff extending rings for buff builds
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1519x854) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1519x854
STAND BACK FAGGOTS THE PUSSY DESTROYER IS HERE.
>>
>>338686510
Most weapons in the game are viable for wrecking in PvP. Just some better than others.
>>
>>338687587
>You can cast the buff and change weapon
Well fuck me. I guess it's the Lothric Straight Sword it is.
>>
>>338689209
Extending Power Within with a ring slot makes it a whopping 20 seconds long. Not longer, total length. And a lot of buffs overwrite if they're body or weapon, so I'd assume tears of denial or sunlight oath would overwrite power within or be overwriten by it.

Either way, with the cast time and negative effects on top of that duration, it's fucking trash.
>>
did swordspear get any buff?
>>
File: Lothric-Knight-Greatsword.png (61 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Lothric-Knight-Greatsword.png
61 KB, 512x512
I...I like it...
>>
>>338689735
If it's heavy and buffed with Lightning Blade, I can see why.
>>
>>338689787
You know it baby
>>
>no scythes in God tier
Kill thineself
>>
Can I get softbanned for using cheat engine to lower my SL, even if I lower my stats appropriately?

I was getting lots of pvp action at SL 80. I don't want to start over.
>>
>>338687559

Spells don't suck in PvP. At least sorceries don't.

There's two different ways you can build a sorcerer:

As an assassin, you can equip these:

>Crown of Dusk
>Scholar's Candlestick
>Young Dragoncrest Ring
>Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring
>Magic Clutch Ring (Alternatively, Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring or Silvercat Ring)
>Obscuring Ring

Then, you attune Soul Stream and/or Crystal Soul Spear, invade other players, sneak around, and then snipe them while they're distracted or unaware. With your catalyst's WA activated, you'll more often than not either kill or leave the host/phantoms severely wounded. Obscuring Ring makes you invisible at a certain distance, allowing you to make a swift escape if you happen to get spotted. Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring masks your noises, making it easier to sneak up on hosts. Silvercat Ring allows you to hop off ledges without taking damage-- very useful in places like Anor Londo where there are plenty of ledges to drop down to.

Thing about being an "assassin" type of sorcerer is that you're probably not going to be cut out for regular duels. Therefore, you need to use a different variety of spells.

>Homing Soulmass (Cheaper and faster to cast than Crystal Homing Soulmass while still doing decent damage.)
>Great Deep Soul (Deals decent damage, has great tracking, and can be cast quickly. It goes faster the further it travels so you can combo it into an AoE spell like Crystal Hail.)
>Great Farron Dart (Basically a throwing knife except MUCH more powerful. Doesn't stun, but can rid you of ToDfags or people who attempt to keep their distance from you.)
>Crystal Hail (AoE spell. The soulmasses don't stun, but they deal great damage and most people attempt to flee from the volley, allowing you to shoot GDS or Soul Arrows/Spears. If they get close, hit them with your weapon or parry.)

Those are pretty much my bread-and-butter spells for duels. I think the main draw of sorcery for me is that I can be creative with it. (1/2)
>>
>>338689787
What? Isn't it better as sharp?
>>
>tfw dark sword/demon fist combo
Call it a meme weapon all you want, I like it. Trying to find some other weapons to use though, don't wanna keep using the same shit. I wish the Moonlight Greatsword didn't look like shit in this game, otherwise I'd love to use it.
>>
I tried using the warden's twinblades yesterday without the rouge and I couldn't get a single bleed off on anyone. Does the rouge make that much of a difference?
>>
>>338689915
Why silvercat ring?
>>
>>338689915
mages are only good in PvP for sniping somebody that's already engaged in combat with something else, but they're the absolute best at doing it.

In a normal fight they suck ass
>>
>>338689823
If you have that much STR and FTH wouldn't dragonslayer greataxe just better a better option?
>>
>>338690078
>they're the absolute best at doing it

except for pyromancers
>>
File: BOOOSHIT.png (412 KB, 1135x752) Image search: [Google]
BOOOSHIT.png
412 KB, 1135x752
>x weapon is op new meta new meta
>x weapon sucks
How about just use whatever you think is fun to use
>>
How is butcher's knife?
>>
>>338686193
>dragonslayer axe is goat now with the patch.
Wait, what? They made it good? What did they change?
>>
>>338690172
it's fun to win
>>
>>338690048
don't even bother trying to get bleed with R1 or L1, it won't happen ever. It's all about the weapon art.

If you hit with an R1, combo it immediately into the weapon art, (L2 -> extend with R2)

also
>without the rouge
what the fuck? Why? DO NOT use a bleed weapon without Rouge. If you don't have Rouge on then the bleed might as well not exit. You can buy it from the shrine maiden so there's no excuse to not have 5 on your person at all times
>>
>>338690178
Pretty good. With a strength build it does better damage than a heavy brigand axe or a heavy battle axe, plus is has longer range. Only downside is it doesn't have the normal axe weapon art.
>>
>>338690050
it makes running away easier if somebody spots you
>>
>>338690195
1200 AR with raw or something

I don't have the screenshot
>>
>>338690290
Thanks, I'll get some rouge and give it another shot.
>>
>>338690172
nobody in this thread is saying you can't/shouldn't use weak weapons. We're simply stating the fact that some weapons are better than other weapons. Feel free to use shit weapons if you enjoy playing with shit anon
>>
>all these people talking about halberds
>nobody knows about 40/40 refined wing knight halberd
Strongest halberd in the game bby, and now that all the other halberd WAs are shit its garbage WA seems less egregious.
>>
>>338678590
>actually using hornet rings

Kill yourself kid.
>>
>>338690389
Bullshit, you're lying.
>>
>>338690496
>>338690048
You need luck and rouge for meaty bleeds.
Without either, it will be very lukewarm and not bleed as often as you like.

With 40 luck and rouge and +10, you'll literally get two bleeds in a single L1 L2 R2
>>
>>338689915

It's not even just those spells I can use. You can really confuse people with cast times as well. Slinging darts, making hail fall from the sky, then following up with a hard-hitting Soul Spear or something-- you just have to mix it up and get creative with sorceries.

As for the other schools of magic, I'm not much of a fan. Pyromancies are totally viable. Great Chaos Fire Orb, despite getting an FP nerf, still hits hard and if you're good enough at free-aiming you can catch people in rolls and annoy the shit out of them. You even have access to a really badass whip (Witch's Locks) as a pyromancer. Then there's Sacred Flame, Iron Flesh, Chaos Bed Vestiges, etc. that are all useful in their own ways as well. However, I feel like pyromancies are way more limited than sorceries. I just don't find them fun.

As for miracles, they could be fantastic, but they are plagued by Lightning Spears requiring point-blank shots for maximum damage and spells like Dohrys' Gnawing and Lifehunt Scythe being EXTREMELY slow to cast and having mediocre damage on top of that. They need some overhauls, honestly.

>>338690050

Silvercat Ring negates falling damage as long as the fall wouldn't have killed you assuming you had maximum HP. It's extremely useful because falling damage can make or break an invasion.

>>338690078

I disagree. I use them in regular duels and they perform just fine. Sure, some spells could use some boosts in tracking and stuff, but they're underrated for the most part. Again, it's all about your setup. You can't just cast Soul Arrows/Spears at other players and expect to win. Most people are smart enough to simply evade those spells and strike while you're recovering. That's why you use different spells like the ones I mentioned and weave them into each other or your weapon attacks.
>>
>>338690147
What's the pyromancer answer to soul stream?
>>
>>338690643
It's not bullshit. The guy was doing like 2000 damage to the firekeeper with a charge R2.

Granted she has 0 def but still. The guy didn't even test the uppper maximum limit of it.
>>
>>338690561
Glaive can still combo from R1 to the weapon art, just the R2 followup might not hit. It's still better than winged knight.

I used winged knight for a long time and while it does have higher damage, even with that better AR the glaive does more damage when you do R2>R1>L2 (and yes this still combos, just not the R2 followup) than the winged knight does with R1 > R1

still a very good weapon though, all halberds are good
>>
>>338690195

They added a slight bit of FAI scaling to the weapon, lowered its STR/DEX scaling, and upped its base damage. It already had low STR/DEX scaling to begin with so that really wasn't much of a nerf. The weapon can also be buffed, so combine that with the decent axe moveset and you've got yourself a very effective, damaging weapon.
>>
>>338690561
Another Winged Knight Halberd user reporting in. Didn't bother infusing and I even beat red invaders behind Pontiff's Bonfire using other halberd type weapons. I recommend use of the Knight Slayer's ring. If they block and you press R1 its all over.
Though I never combo'd. Because Halberds seem easily parryable.
>>
>>338689915
Is there a way to aim spells manually anymore? Like you could use binouculars in 2
>>338690048
Bleed scales with luck. I had a hollowed warden twinblades with something like 40 dex/35 luck and every wombo combo caused bleed. Not sure if bleed builds are viable without it
>>
File: awdwadaw.jpg (23 KB, 162x192) Image search: [Google]
awdwadaw.jpg
23 KB, 162x192
>kill two people in PVP with weapon never tried before
>"HEY GUISES, GOD TIER WEAPON RIGHT HERE"

Why do you people keep doing that?
99% of the weapons can be "God tier" if you doesnt suck and know how to upgrade and use them.
>>
>god tier: weapons I win with
>shit tier: weapons other people kill me with
>>
>>338690913
>Halberds seem easily parryable.
I'm pretty sure polearms can't be parried at the tip, so you shouldn't have to worry about parryfaggots.
>>
>>338690749
same as everyone else. Roll out of the way of the 10 second cast time and then fuck them in the ass.

If you want an AOE line of massive damage with a pyromancer you use Chaos Bed Vestiges. It actually moves fast enough that you might even hit somebody with it unlikely soul stream
>>
>>338690956
Some weapons just straight up suck. Damage is kinda important, but moveset is everything.

Now look at Greataxes moveset. ALL attacks are overhead smashes. ALL of them except the rolling R1 two handed.

There's a reason the LKS and CGS are considered god tier.
>>
>>338690935

Yes, you can use the binoculars or a bow. I prefer using a bow because it has a crosshair that makes aiming easier.

Keep in mind that Soul Stream has incredible range. You can hit someone from across a map with it and deal a shit ton of damage. It's a great pair with a binocular/bow.
>>
>>338691061
>soul stream
>can kill someone across the map
>chaos bed vestiges
>range of like 3 rolls
naw, pyromancy is objectively better at up close fighting and scrapping though
>>
>>338691161
don't use binoculars for spells, they don't aim correctly. Use bows.

also, although they have long range, it isn't infinite.
>>
is the curved wolf sword any good?
>>
File: 4165 (2).jpg (10 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
4165 (2).jpg
10 KB, 258x196
>fighting someone
>ultra weapon, caestus, with this combo you just know they have the hornet ring too
>literally no way to deal with this outside of using an ultra weapon as well
>>
>>338689915
>No soulstream
Come on m8.
>>
>>338691374

Yeah, I use bows when I'm sniping. It's way better than using binoculars.
>>
>>338691332
soul stream range isn't as long as people seem to think it is. Most of the PvP sniping webms and youtube videos are hitting at the absolute extreme edge of the spell
>>
>>338691402
PSA: Spin weapon arts tend to be parry immune. Yes they are useful outside of R1 combos.
>>
>>338691417

Reread my post. I already mentioned it.
>>
File: image.jpg (180 KB, 860x531) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
180 KB, 860x531
Is twinking really as easy as respeccing you're character to a lower level and moving your +10 weapons to your storage box?
>>
>>338691402
Literally every weapon in the game has an unparryable jump attack (forward + R2)
>>
>>338691402
jumping attacks cant be parried
rope fire bombs cant be parried
kicks cant be parried anymore
>>
>>338690772
I just read the patch notes, and it says the raw dragonslayer's axe's damage was actually reduced.
>>
File: 6FqeqiT.png (646 KB, 641x343) Image search: [Google]
6FqeqiT.png
646 KB, 641x343
>>338691592
>>338691603
>jump attacks
dodgeable as fuck, but hey, at least I can kick and use backward bombs, that'll get 'em in a couple hours
>>
>>338691550
neither of those things work
>>
>>338691550
No. If you ever made a +8 weapon, then you are always locked at +8 matchmaking, even if you delete the weapon entirely
>>
>>338691720
But now you can buff it.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46 KB, 620x400
>>338689868
please respond
>>
>>338691769
anything you could possibly do is "dodgeable"
>>
>>338689868
>>338691843

Probably.

Not like 80 is that high, anyway. Just go through the game real fast.
>>
>>338691603
>>338691592
>actually suggesting jump attack for PvP
Anyone with half a brain will just waltz behind you and backstab.
If you see someone trying to parry spam, just bait them. Run towards them a lot to pretend you're going for a sprint, then do an R2 instead.
>>
>>338691927
>Anyone with half a brain will just waltz behind you and backstab.

If they see it coming. You can cancel most two parts WA into a jump attack.
>>
>>338691865
jump attacks even more so, go on, jump attack someone with a ultra weapon and tell me how many times you hit someone
>>
>>338689915
>crystal hail

Stopped reading there. You have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>338692064
jump attacks while they're coming out of a roll or panic rolling are a great surprise though. use more of your moveset.
>>
Can drang hammers combo r1 into weapon art?
>>
>>338691769
>complaining about kicks and based butt bombs
Im not sure if kicks combo, but you can actually get a free two hits off a rope fire bomb. It actually sets you up for a R1 or L1.

Kicks might be shit though, slap on horsehoof and enjoy kicking them a mile away at least.
>>
>>338678590
All of those weapons are for plebs minus parry hand.
>>
Doesn't that talisman make sacred flame do less damage?
>>
You're a scrub if you use Twinswords, especially if you buff them with fire just saiyan.
>>
File: 57031647_p0.jpg (2 MB, 1987x2650) Image search: [Google]
57031647_p0.jpg
2 MB, 1987x2650
Profaned is best meme weapon.
>>
>>338680509
>>
>mfw i only use katanas
>mfw i don't give a fuck

psshh plebs you deserve to die
>>
File: 9.jpg (515 KB, 1599x896) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
515 KB, 1599x896
>>338692715
Nothing wrong withn kataners so long as you look the part
>>
>>338692665
This. The Cestus' parry is only a secondary use for them.
>>
>>338678590
>BKG instead of lucerne or gundyr's
>gotthard's blades

Shitter detected
>>
>>338691527
Can spin arts combo off the double hit L1's?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.