[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I fucking hate Zelda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
I've tried to play all the ones people say are popular: twilight princess, ocarina of time, windwaker

I get in like maybe 5-7 hours before getting bored and giving up. I see no purpose to the game, there's no challenge, there's no story. Its just "pick this item, use it to go there, jump here". There's no purpose, there's no drive.

I feel weird cause its a hugely popular series, why can't I enjoy it? why cant i get into it?
>>
Because it's shit
>>
>>338380987
no
>>
>>338380987
DOn't worry you are just a typical teenager.
Kids these days can't into videogames, which is why they just watch youtube/streamers instead.
Just find another hobby instead of pretending to like videogames.
>>
>>338380987
Play Majoras Mask
>>
They're shitty games aimed at children who haven't played video games before.
>>
>>338380987
did you seriously not like wind waker? It's one of my favorite games

what gamess DO you like
>>
>>338380987
I've tried to get into Zelda games too and it just didn't stick. Find something else to play and don't worry about it. Everyone doesn't have to like everything.
>>
>>338380987
>No story.

Nice b8 m8, i r8 it an 8/8.
>>
it's a puzzle game

you most solve puzzles. Even enemy fights are mostly just puzzles.

also, what the fuck does 'no story' mean? There's always a story. Zelda games are some of the most cutscene heavy nintendo games out there.
>>
File: FK in the Coffee.gif (498 KB, 499x260) Image search: [Google]
FK in the Coffee.gif
498 KB, 499x260
>>338380987
They are made for babies and Zelda just like every other Nintendo franchise has been a remake of the same game since the first in the series.
>>
>>338381282
dark souls, morrowind, metal gear solid1-4, silent hill2&3, REmake, final fantasy (6,7,9,12), final fantasy tactics, hitman, ratchet and clank, jak and daxter, spyro, half life, civilisation
>>
File: hilz.jpg (64 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
hilz.jpg
64 KB, 460x259
>>338381865
you like spyro but can't face zelda
>>
>>338380987

It's probably because you don't like video games or having fun.
>>
File: 1426259701078.png (154 KB, 537x416) Image search: [Google]
1426259701078.png
154 KB, 537x416
>>338381156
this
>>
>>338380987
>you're doing it right
>sword in right hand

Why do girls pretend to like zelda?
>>
>>338380987
You've been conditioned by modern games to expect a reason and a purpose and a reward for everything. Zelda is about going on a big dumb adventure for adventurin's sake. If you played it as a kid, you'd understand.
>>
Can't blame you OP.

I mean, I love these games. But they're certainly not challenging. If you find challenge to be a major point in a videogame, then they will not appeal to you.
>>
>>338380987
They appeal to somebody who wants to be a hero. A lot of times the drive doesn't seem as immediate as other games which move you forward by blowing up everythung behind you so having to move yourself forward probably drops people with 0 attentionspan pretty quickly. That would be my guess.
>>
i'm 30 and i could never get into these games either
>>
>>338381865
>you can sit through a fucking Bethesda game and Half-Life, but get "bored" of a Zelda game.
>>
>>338380987
There's plenty of story, what the fuck are you talking about
It's a puzzle/adventure game. I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting.
>>
>>338382539
>Adventurin'
>If you played as a kid, you'd understand
So it's shit?
>>
>>338383035
ITT anons finally understand the concept of preferences
>>
>>338383035
Probably because those games have at least some semblance of challenge, while in Zelda you just wait for the monster to even have an opening half the time, which makes combat tedious. It doesn't help that the story essentially resets with every game, and most of them use the "Something is fucking shit up, go save the world" formula for story. I used to like Zelda games when I was little, but there's so many better alternatives now that it's not even funny.
>>
>>338380987
Try playing some of the actual fun ones such as Link to the Past or Link's Awakening :^)
>>
The Zelda series has very few challenging pieces. In the entire series, there are only a few bosses that are slightly more difficult, there are a few dungeons that are more confusing, and a few quests that are harder to complete Most of the content in every game is designed to be intuitive enough that anyone can go through a whole dungeon without stopping to really think about anything. On the other hand, there is usually a shitload of collectables and optional puzzles that are more difficult. Some of the newer games hack been lacking this, like LBW, but the majority have heart pieces, masks, armor, a better sword, or other items that are fairly difficult to find compared to everything else in the game. I think that's part of what makes Zelda games good to me. There's no better feeling than getting the Biggoron sword or the Fierce Deity's Mask in my book.
>>
>>338383686
>There's no better feeling than getting the Biggoron sword or the Fierce Deity's Mask in my book.
What about the touch of a woman?
>>
I know the feel OP, It's just a very simplistic series for people nostalgic for old adventure games, they aren't that deep and really easy.
>>
>>338381865
Not sure how you think Zelda is easy when you live games like Morrowind, hit man, ratchet and clank, jak, and spyro.
>>
>>338383376
There are very few enemies, with the exception of most bosses, that you actually have to "wait" to kill. There are moments where they become more vulnerable, but it's perfectly possible to wreck things like Stalfos and Iron Knuckles without waiting for a real opening if you're any good with the sword.
>>
>>338383826
>>Why [noun] [verb]?
Been seeing a lot of this bullshit recently. BRs please go.
>>
>>338380987
>not able to beat a zelda in seven hours
>>
>>338383869
Get a load of this normalfag.
>>
>>338380987

Combat's always been piss easy. The appeal is in the puzzly dungeons. I had the best time with Oracle of Ages and Seasons.
>>
>>338383376
>while in Zelda you just wait for the monster to even have an opening half the time, which makes combat tedious
Hello, Arin. You know if you actually use items and other objects you can fight the enemies through their defenses right?

>the story resets
And?
>>
>>338383940
to be fair i liked jak, spyro and r&c when i was a kid so there's probably a strong nostalgia factor whereas i didnt try to get into zelda until now when i'm an adult. maybe if i played zelda a lot as a kid, i'd like it still now due to nostalgia factor.

also the difficulty in morrowind isn't in the combat but more in working the mechanics and building your own character. if youre playing the first time ever, things like aclhemy can be overwhelming, if you know what you're doing, its super easy.
>>
>>338383950
I don't know what you mean by "being good with the sword?" Shit is literally invulnerable until the game decides it wants to let me hit the damn things. Just because the game design is flawed doesn't mean I'm somehow bad at the game. If the combat mechanics were actually deep I would understand, but it boils down to auto-targeting with your bow/slingshot and and use 'x' move to break a monsters guard and be able to do damage.
>>
>>338384492
>Shit is literally invulnerable until the game decides it wants to let me hit the damn things
The fact that you say that indicates that you just need to git gud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGAz1C4D480
That video is a good example of fighting without the "waiting" you're talking about. Granted, that guy is using a glitch that makes you do more damage than normal, but that has no effect on how he's landing attacks.
>>
>>338384492
There are ways around guards and the like, you are simply an idiot. Try using things besides your sword and bow. Deku seeds in OoT stun some guarding enemies that don't use shields. Hooks shots often snatch away lighter enemy shields. Shit like that.
>>
Because its not for you. Whats the big deal? I liked MM/OoT when i was a little kid, but i dont find the series interesting anymore.
>>
>>338384173
There's nothing to get invested in because all your efforts are basically erased after every game. You get invested in the characters in the one game and never see them again, unless it's tingle or some shit like that.
>>
>>338380987
>twilight princess, ocarina of time, windwaker
your problem was starting with bad 3D games that people only like because of their nostalgia or because it gives them gamer cred.

The ONLY good zeldas are the 2D ones, and not all of them. Start and end with Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda + Link's Adventure, and you're done. The series has produced nothing else of note in over 2 decades.
>>
>>338384246
>if youre playing the first time ever, things like aclhemy can be overwhelming
if you're clinically retarded
>>
>>338383376
>Probably because those games have at least some semblance of challenge
yeah broh, Oblivion fighting is so mechanically challenging...
>>
>>338385045
How is that different than any other series with different protagonists? GTA is the same, Elder Scrolls is the same, Final Fantasy is the same, Dark Souls is the same. You could argue that what you're talking about is worse in series that do have a consistent protagonist because you almost always lose your powers or gear at the beginning of the next title.
>>
>>338385338
In those games you can see characters and elements from previous games, and your actions are integrated into the lore somewhat. In Zelda it always seems a fresh start, and you never know where you are in the timeline.
>>
>>338381306
It's typical Miyamoto story crap. There's very minimal story because that senile old fuck hates story in video gamed.
>>
>>338380987
All nintendo games suck.
>>
>>338380987
because it, just like all nitendo games are made for children/grandparents.
Only people who really like nintendo games are those who grew up with them.
I didn't and I find them all mind-numbingly boring and unchallenging with bad stories to boot. Only one I liked is majors mask due to sensation of impending doom.
>>
File: advwars.jpg (74 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
advwars.jpg
74 KB, 500x450
>>338386140
Counter point
>>
>>338385760
That is completely not true about Final Fantasy. Almost none of the games connect in any way at all through plot or setting.
>>
>>338380987
It's a game aimed at children, people who aren't familiar with video games and people who can't abandon the nostalgia.

You should have played A link to the Past, that's the best one in the series followed by Majora's mask.
>>
>>338385760
>don't know anything about Final Fantasy
>>
>>338384492
Arin detected
>>
>>338386184
You sound like you watch Roadhouse and jerk off and secretly crossdresses while your parents aren't home.
>>
>>338381156
This
>>
File: 1341701271658.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1341701271658.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
>>338380987
>that corset
kinky
>>
File: 1307028231235.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
1307028231235.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>338380987
>shield on the left
>>
>>338383480
>links awakening
>fun
Oldfags are literal cancer
>>
>>338386394
>literal cancer followed by the game only creepypasta fags could love
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.