[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was looking forward to this game since I played peacewalker.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
I was looking forward to this game since I played peacewalker.

I'm pretty bummed over it still. I put 100 hours into it, and I still can't accept that it's the last TRUE metal gear. If we could even call it that. Where were the immersive codec calls? The long custscenes? The crazy bad ass bosses?

I would have much preferred 40 hours of a true metal gear than 100 of what I got.

That's not to say the game was bad. The gameplay was tight and the fox engine is a beast. It was a fantastic game. It was a terrible metal gear.

I dunno. Just my thoughts.
>>
I could live with the new voice actor. It just feels pointless though, because he barely spoke.

The tapes were immersion breaking and flawed. Like who was recording, how did I get them, and what if they were staged? It seems like a dumb, cheap way to express story
>>
I loved what little bits of story we got. The whole "What if I'm a spy. Or you?" Line was cool. That felt very mgs.
>>
peacewalker had a legitimately better story and was more like goofy spy movie like mgs3 was. mgs5 was shit but the gameplay is okay.
>>
>>338374935
The worst part about peacewalker was Hot Coldmans name
>>
>>338374431
>the codecs

They were in the walkman

>The long cutscenes

Those were still there just not as many

>Crazy bosses

Also there

Why is it people bitch about things that are there?

>OH NO CHANGE!
>>
I felt the pain after doing all of the story content. 100% the game won't fill the void. Base invasions are not for me. Multiplayer was kinda fun but I have no friends that play it. Singleplayer was really fun as long as it lasted, but I expected more. More that I will never get
>>
Metal Gear Solid Vee turning out to be a giant spin-off was exactly the kind of stupid ending this franchise deserved.

It's so anti-climatic that it sort of loops around itself and becomes fantastic.
>>
>>338375494
>They were in the walkman

Those aren't the same and you know it. Codecs are situational. They feel like the game is reacting to your actions. If you call up in the middle of a boss fight they feed you information about the bosses history, techniques to beat them ect. Tapes do not cover that at all.
Because they aren't in the moment or situational they feel hollow. You aren't hearing people have conversations in real time, you're just hearing what they said in the past - a past event you weren't even there to see. So you came back from Africa and then ran around punching people in the face while listening to past recordings of your self that you weren't really there to see? Great. Good design.
>>
>>338375494
Crazy Bosses? Name one, because there's only one and it's Snufflepagus.

Peace Walker had a good 5 Miku voiced robots.
>>
>>338378497

Only bosses were Quiet which wasn't very interesting. The End in MGS3 was way better because he did tactics to fuck with you and had a bunch of secrets about it. Quiet is literally dodge and shoot or drop a supply box on her.

There's the Man on Fire but it's more of a puzzle thing really.

And the big Metal Gear Gundam at the end but that's literally just shoot a bunch of rockets until it dies.

I feel one of Metal Gear's main appeals is the memorable bosses and MGSV didn't have any of that.
>>
File: 1411501283948.png (802 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
1411501283948.png
802 KB, 624x624
>>338374431
We know, bro. We know...
>>
>>338379024
The arena for the Quiet battle should have been THE ENTIRE AFGHANISTAN.

Shakalakapus fight was impressive in scale but yeah it was dead simple.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.