[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone help me fathom why this was cancelled? Jesus I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: P.T._cover.jpg (71 KB, 437x292) Image search: [Google]
P.T._cover.jpg
71 KB, 437x292
Can someone help me fathom why this was cancelled? Jesus I haven't felt this way since I was 5 playing Resident Evil 1 on my cousins play station while he was gone
>I would always turn that shit off when the zombie turned around
>>
>>338368612
Because Konami had a falling out with Kojima.
>>
>>338368667
I know that but jesus, it had to be more than big bad Konami execs. Right? This game would have been insanely critically acclaimed and profitable
>>
>>338368765
Konami wanted pachinko, Silent Hills wasn't pachinko. 'Nuff said.
>>
>>338368765
>This game would have been insanely critically acclaimed and profitable
How is that relevant? Even if Kojima had created the second coming of half life 2, Konami wanted to get rid of him. He already overblew his budget and deadlines with MGS V didn't he? They were just sick of his shit.
>>
>>338368765
That's why it's universally agreed Konami is retarded
>>
>>338368765
>This game would have been insanely critically acclaimed and profitable

acclaimed != profitable

horror games are niche and never sell much
>>
>>338368921
I think you're forgetting this was a silent hill that wouldn't be garbage and featured daryl from AMC's The Walking Dead
>>
>>338368765
You don't know how fucking retarded Konami execs are

They have been in criminal activities since 2006 from what is shown in the Panama papers where they appeared, hence why they were always so eager in cutting corners around stuff without caring for the opinion or conflicts they had with their developers, looking for quick easy money and not intending to go to bed with long costing projects, probably why they hated Kojima so much
>>
>>338368876
>He already overblew his budget and deadlines
>given only $80 to create a AAA open world game and an engine for it of a critically acclaimed and praise franchise
>Made back half of it's budget with the prologue being released as a separate game (thanks to Konami)
>Made back it's budget multiple times over during it's first week of release (3 million copies, not counting any sales after that
>made the multiplayer portions of the game have microtransactions
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Kojima got screwed on release time as well, where Konami suddenly wanted the game out the door.

Yes, Kojima is partly at fault for being too ambitious and wanting to do too much, but Konami is the one to blame here, especially when you know that whatever Kojima makes is going to sell like hotcakes
>>
>>338369025
>it has some literal who from a shit tv series
>it would have sold millions you guys
k
>>
>>338369025
it is still featuring daryl, kojima is just making the same game outside konami.

>>338369028
panama papers dont show criminal activities. offshoring isnt illegal.
>>
>>338369139
it wouldn't? you're underestimating what those garbage eaters are capable of.
>>
>>338369139
also the last season of TWD was good
>>
>>338369330
Opinion disregarded entirely.
>>
>>338369412
>It's popular, so it's shit!
I bet you've never watched more than a season of the walking dead.
>>
>>338369139
walking dead is extremely popular
>>338369330
you mean last episode and even then they fucked it up with the cliffhanger

Truth be told I only ever liked the first season yet I still stuck with it for some reason, I wouldn't call the rest of the show outright SHIT it just feels so mediocre
>>
>>338369490
Sure. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>338368612
Because videogames are high investment high risk.
Konami did nothing wrong.
>>
>>338369490
it's shit so it's shit

people who sit around watching seasons of TV shows are typically less intelligent.

TV show plots intentionally don't move so you're just wading through mediocre dialogue and acting for 50 minutes at a time until ONE thing happens every episode

its like watching a movie slowed down 40 times for people who don't have things going on in their lives
>>
>>338368612
Konami didn't want to get fucked over by Kojimas budget bullshit again.
Just so he can have some actors in it that don't add anything to the game, and probably spend another million an motion capturing some girls feet.
>>
>>338369678
you must be fun at parties
>>
>>338369678
>An arrogant fedora-wearing fat neckbeard appears

Now the party can start
>>
>>338368612
Because Konami fired Kojima and wants nothing to do with making high budget video games again
>>
>>338369804
>I'm a normie i watch tv shows I don't realize tv shows are intentionally stretched out/slowed down drama for people who have slow thought process
>b-but m-muh normie parties

I'm in my 30s, I don't go to parties. People who go to parties in their 30s have failed at life, or either succeeded far beyond others. 99% the former.
>>
>>338369804
>>338369880
>the walking dead defense force has arrived
this website is only for people that are 18 years old or older.
>>
>>338369880
>it makes you an arrogant fedora-wearing neckbeard to call out trailer trash entertainment as trailer trash entertainment

cletus retape the window the skeeters are gettin in!
>>
>>338369950
Joke's on you, I don't like zombie shit outside a very few videogames.
>>
>>338369897
>i dont like it because there is pacing
Sure you're 30 kid. Stick to your Ipad and pay to insta-win games.
>>
File: konami.png (32 KB, 500x402) Image search: [Google]
konami.png
32 KB, 500x402
>>338368612
>Can someone help me fathom why this was cancelled?
>>
>>338370135
>the fact that tv shows are dragged out to fuck and back in order to make them cheaper is "pacing"

groan. i feel for those of you out there in the world who can't accurately evaluate/understand the things you consume
>>
File: kotick.jpg (36 KB, 580x336) Image search: [Google]
kotick.jpg
36 KB, 580x336
>the big bad executives fire a literal genius for no fucking reason
>they're huge fucking morons and that company is likely to go bankupt due to their financial decisions
>this cult of personality developer figurehead that was fired will rise from the ashes, create his own studio and show the fucking morons at the original company who is king
>sure his games had some flaws and cost a fortune, but you cant put a price on genius, and saing "fuck you" to the bigger companies is obviously the best way to go!

the saddest words spoken, in script, or pen,
are "bobby kotick is right again"
>>
>>338369139

>this completely out of touch with pop-culture

Chances are I don't use any of the site you're about to tell me to go back to and I still know how fucking popular both TWD and Norman Reedus are.
Combined with Kojima and Del Taco AND the fact it's Silent Hill. This shit was set to make a lot of money.
>>
>>338370543
>AND the fact it's Silent Hill

this doesn't mean anything to advertisers, investors, or gamers by and large. its a niche 90s series that is gone and produced shitty games at the end
>>
>>338370448
have you tried fast forwarding?
>>
AHHH SHIT I FORGOT KOJIMA HAD THE ORIGINAL TEAM SILENT FUCK I'M SO MAD AGAIN
>>
>>338370543
>most expensive game director in the fucking industry
>an extremely expensive MOVIE director who's movies overblow the budget and barely make back the money on foreign markets
>an extremely expensive ACTOR who's only popularity is based on a tv show that has run its course in the fleeting eyes of the populace looking for the next thing to consume
>a death-wish game IP who literally had 2 good games made for it and 6 completely garbage games that bombed and even made a company go out of fucking business

Kojima: this is a great idea, look at all the money we can make guys
Konami: you're fucking fired
>>
>>338370732
yeah ive actually watched like 3 seasons of the walking dead that way. i just skip until things happen which makes the episodes about 5-6 minutes long

corl
>>
>>338370809
>>an extremely expensive MOVIE director who's movies overblow the budget and barely make back the money on foreign markets

pacific rim made $300m internationally and is his only widely internationally released movie. it is an unquestioned financial success

but hey its another episode of "im on /v/ so i will just write what i want reality to be rather than caring about facts"
>>
>>338370937
pacific rim also bombed in the US and del toro has made dozens of other movies NOT called pacific rim which have bombed completely, fullstop.
>>
Return on investment OP.

Silent Hills would probably have made money.

Problem is, pachinko and mobile games make more.
>>
>>338371036
>pacific rim also bombed in the US
pretty much, but it is a financial success international and that's all that matters to studios.
>del toro has made dozens of other movies NOT called pacific rim which have bombed completely, fullstop.
oooooooooooookay. i'll just let you live in this reality youve crafted for yourself

hint: if you want to interact with people on 4chan do a better job of disguising your age. you have to be 18 to post here btw.
>>
File: 1372493484412.png (193 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
1372493484412.png
193 KB, 500x421
>>338370452
Then lets compare MGS5 to Brutal Legend, since you are directly, not indirectly, making the comparison.
MGS5 sold, Brutal Legend didn't. Oh, woops, the comparison doesn't work at all, despite the similarities I'm sure you could dredge up.

Unironically kill yourself.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.