[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Normal is retard console baby tier easy and Ultra Violence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: DOOM-Renevant-White-Wallpaper.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DOOM-Renevant-White-Wallpaper.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Normal is retard console baby tier easy and Ultra Violence is bullshit die in two hits difficult

Why can't devs balance their games anymore?
>>
Why can't you be good at video games?
>>
>>338366264
Because all they do in harder difficulty is shift around numbers with zero though and effort put into.
Ultra violence still has the AI set on dumb console babby tier.
>>
>>338366264
>Ultra Violence is bullshit die in two hits difficult

Protip : keep moving and don't use glory kills when you're surrounded by ennemies
>>
>Ultra Violence is bullshit die in two hits difficult

So don't get hit faggot, that's what the game is about. You have all the tools to not get hit, some mother fucker beat Ultra Nightmare 5 days after release you have no excuse.
>>
>>338366264
What? UV is the perfect balance and Nightmare is the die in two imp fireballs difficulty.
>>
>>338366694
>some mother fucker beat Ultra Nightmare 5 days after release you have no excuse.
Considering there's a checkpoint after every room I'm not surprised.
>>
>>338366264
I did ultra violence for my first playthrough and, although I did die a fews times it definitely wasn't bullshit tier.

Git gud faggot
>>
>>338366453
Yes because Doom monsters always had such great AI
>>
>>338366823

if you die in ultra nightmare you have to restart the entire run dude
>>
>>338366901
Fuck THAT shit
>>
>>338366823

... that's now how Ultra Nightmare works.
>>
>>338366823

No.
>>
>>338366453
>Doom AI
>Ever good

Man people who pretend they played Doom1/2 make me wanna slap their fucking shit in. I bet if i mention a sprint option in a new shooter you'll also make some retarded comment at that despite Doom having sprint/Duke 3d as well.

Kill yourself kiddo.
>>
Ultra Violence is console baby tier easy. Git gud OP.
>>
>MGS2
>guard sees his buddy fall as he's hit by a tranq dart
>Normal: assumes he fell asleep, wakes him up
>Hard and above: knows it was an intruder, goes into Caution

What other games make enemy AI smarter in harder difficulties?
>>
>>338367016
>>338367018
Video game trivia minute is over, boys. I've been informed already.
>>
The real question is whether or not they add / remove monsters based on what difficulty you're playing on.
>>
File: 1463748448257.png (75 KB, 269x269) Image search: [Google]
1463748448257.png
75 KB, 269x269
>>338367025

Doom doesn't have a sprint it just defaults to walk speed lmao.
>>
>>338367025
I think the problem people have with sprinting in some new games isn't the sprinting it's self, it's that you can't shoot while sprinting.
>>
>>338366264
They just don't fucking care anymore, and thus just go to the extremes.
>>
>>338367025
I can't be the only one who gets hand cramps from sprint buttons/keys in games. Sprint mechanics are garbo.
>>
>>338366264
I know they SAY you can't hide behind stuff, but you actually can
>>
I'm currently playing through the game on ultra violence, and it's not even that hard tbqh.
>>
BioShock Infinite's 1999 mode was the worst case of fake difficulty I've ever seen in a modern shooter.
DOOM is fine.
>>
>>338367226
Anyone who says that about any shooter is full of shit though. There is almost always one or two things in any shooter you're better off hiding/strafing behind cover to avoid instead of trying to dodge.
>>
Ultra-violence feels like the most well pitched difficulty level I've played on a FPS in years, really fun, really challenging, but not frustrating.
>>
>>338367296

>BioShock Infinite was the worst modern shooter.

ftfy
>>
/v/ is mad the game turned out good
>>
>>338366264
because difficulty is doing less damage while taking more damage instead of better ai, welcome to every 'hard' game for the past decade.
>>
>>338367638
welcome to almost every game ever
>>
>>338367497
/v/ is always mad something turns out good.
Every game has to be shit.
>>
>>338366264
>Currently playing Ultra Nightmare
>Got up to Spider Master mind
>Slither of health left
>Laser hits me and kills me.

Kill me anons. I spent these days trying to finish it.
>>
>>338366264
>Not playing on Nightmare
What a fucking pleb.

Sometimes I fuck up and assume people on this board actually have, you know, SKILL, until I read shit like this and realize you're all shit.

Can't believe you fags bitch about casuals and then don't play on the hardest difficulty possible- OH WAIT, the hardest difficulty for you is actually piss easy, I'm sorry.

Literally all you need to do to be good at this game is learn how to move. That's it. Get some agility, move to the sides.
>>
>>338366264
GIT
U
D
>>
>>338367407
Well, I don't disagree with you.
>>
>>338367083
Halo has better AI at higher difficulties. Fallout 4 enemies get more aggressive but they also get the retarded more health/more damage buff.
>>
>>338367296
How bad are we talking about there?
>>
>not playing on nightmare

Go hard or go the fuck home
>>
>Can't beat UV
git gud
The only trouble I had with UV was a couple segments near the end which are understandably very difficult.
The second boss is also tough as shit on UV, but still managed to beat him first try.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.