[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
soooo did I die in the snow in the end also amazing game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: Journey.jpg (35 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Journey.jpg
35 KB, 600x600
soooo
did I die in the snow in the end

also amazing game
>>
Yes you did.
>>
>>338364061
waaaaaaaa
that's so sad
>>
Overrated as fuck. A two hour game isn't a great game.
>>
>>338366086
I feel bad for you anon.
>>
>>338366086
>Overrated
No doubt, i remember it coming out and all these gaming sites riding its dick hard.

That said, it's a nice game to kill a few hours on, and I really did feel a connection to the random dude i played with
>>
>>338366086

The game's length doesn't matter if it's only like $10

Whether or not it's overrated depends who's rating it. I think /v/ is too harsh on it.
>>
It's not a game, but it has atmosphere for fucking days if you go it alone.

I remember when the guy I was walking with ran into the line of sight of one of those horrible robots and I could only go "NO FRIEND, NO" before he got fucking annihilated.
>>
>>338368818
>go it alone
Go it blind, I mean.
>>
>>338363913
well that would make sense if all the visions of ghosts and gods weren't in the game
but they were so yes you die. but it's not like u hallucinated a happy thing cuz of the harsh reality
it's cuz u actually die and then made it to heaven I don't know it's open to interpretation either way it was the journey that made it fun for me not the ending

I remember actually caring for the random people I met along the way and that was really nice
>>
>>338363913
Why do people always look for factual answers to deliberately and obviously ambiguous literary questions? Like, do you think it's a detective novel and the answer's just gone over your head? Just embrace the uncertainty, that's obviously the point, like it or not. The death ambiguity isn't even a good part of Journey, but I did like it a lot
>>
>>338368818
If you enjoyed it, what's the point of wanking over the semantics of whether it's a game or not?

It's a game, by the way.
>>
>>338368727
>>338368798
It was a good demo. Now release the 15+ hour version and maybe it can be great.
>>
>>338369926

The gameplay wasn't elaborate enough to last 15 hours.
>>
>>338370070
More levels, secret collectibles and so on.
>>
>>338370151
Are you literally retarded or pretending to be? Because you're asking for it to be repetitious and have a higher retail price.
>>
>>338370248
>repetitious
I said have different levels you cunt
>>
>>338363913
>amazing game
Are you retarded?
>>
>>338370947

The gameplay is too simple and there's not much room for it to expand, especially not without losing some of its elegance.
>>
>>338371029
It's a video game. Video games can have multiple levels.

Ico managed a decent length despite being minimalistic, so could this.
>>
>>338368727
Which random dude? You get a different player in every level, it's not the same person.
>>
>>338371172
ICO was a puzzle game with combat here and there.

Journey is literally just a walking simulator with no challenge anywhere so you can't compare either.
What the developers aimed for was something short and cheap. That's what they presented and gave to players and didn't say otherwise. Just live with it, man.
>>
>>338371325
>What the developers aimed for was something short and cheap.
I know, and it was good for the price. I just think they could build on it and make a fuller game. The potential for a bigger sequel is there.
>>
>>338371256
Whoops, really? I guess our connection wasn't that deep
>>
>>338371489
>Sequel
Journey ends with the player traveling through the ruins of civilization and ends up dying at the end with no sort of revelation. They just get sent to heaven or some shit. There's no sequel fuel there at all.
>>
>>338369926
It was meant to be played through in one sitting though. No one can sit through 15 hours in one go.
>>
WHY DID JOURNEY MAN CLIMB THE MOUNTAIN????
>>
>>338371256
You get a random player every level if your Internet connection is garbage. You can have the same guy with you throughout the entire game.
There's even a trophy related to doing so.
>>
>>338363913
journey was game of 7th gen clearly imo

all reviews use phrases like "emotional impact" now but journey is one of the few games where i ever felt it

>watching gf play journey
>she's with some japanese guy for hours
>she falls at one point where he made a long jump, loses him
>she goes around and explores the level collecting things
>like 15 minutes later she makes the jump, and the guy was standing right there the whole time waiting for her
>they jump up and down together

it's just a beautiful game in so many ways. the ending made me tear up, and nothing really even happens...

of course you didn't die
>>
File: 1452619544756.jpg (76 KB, 610x660) Image search: [Google]
1452619544756.jpg
76 KB, 610x660
>Run around freeing ribbons
>No idea what the fuck Im doing
>Occasionally another figure appears and starts making weird noises
>>
I feel bad for people that don't know how to enjoy this game.
>>
>>338371256
Its the same person. If you play the whole game in 1 play through it'll tell you who you played with.
I've played through Journey like 5 times with a single random each time.

That being said if a person loses connection with you they'll.disappear and you'll connect with someone else
>>
>>338363913
Well yes, anon, it's a story about death and rebirth after all
>>
>>338371806
don't feel bad for them, think of all the rudimentary things they enjoy that are too simple for us.
>>
So, let me get this right, you are a spermatozoon, and the travel is towards the ovum. Right?

I mean, the scarf, the vagina mountain... I'm right... RIGHT?
>>
>>338371020
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>338371627
Is that a challenge?
>>
>>338371914
Since when is sperm red?
Since when does sperm go around learning about the death of its civilization?
Since when do two sperms able to enter the same ovum?

You fucking meme.
>>
File: ZSCqLCr.jpg (3 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
ZSCqLCr.jpg
3 KB, 100x100
>play the game
>meet another wanderer
>we chirp at each other, guide wach other to secrets and collectibles
>share tense moments as we hide from the giant worms and brave the snow storm
>that playful frolicking in the sky
>finally at the climax of our adventure
>we share a final moment before walking towards the light
>the wanderer chirps bittersweet goodbyes
>I draw a dick in the snow
>the wanderer sits down and quits out of the game
>mfw
>>
>>338371621
just have it set during the civilization being alive
>>
>>338372038
>he didn't get the white robe
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.