[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This boss was pretty fucking easy. The only reason you shitters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
This boss was pretty fucking easy. The only reason you shitters struggled with it is because you're all vigor shitters and NK deals high damage.

Champion Gundyr was objectively harder, but his damage was lower so you faggots wouldn't be able to tell.
>>
>>338361617
The whole game was easy. First one I ever played and beat every boss in one try naked fists only at level 1. Git gud
>>
I too had more troubles with Gundyr as well. He kicked my ass into oblivion so when I was told NK was considered the hardest boss in the game BY FAR I was expecting to lose my mind on it. Turns out I didn't find him nearly as difficult as Champion 'DOYOULIKETHESEKICKS' Gundyr
>>
>>338361617
Agreed, NK was riddled with massive telegraphing and openings.
>>
>>338361617
Fought Gundyr solo at about 6-tish lvl, didn't have any problem whatsoever, fucked his face on second attempt.
Only problem with nameless is assfuckery with camera at first phase, which often leads to frustration, plus sometimes he flies into air, even though you attack his head and spams this fucking fire AOE. That being said second stage of the fight is bretty good, almost flawless boss fight.
>>
He's easy but still the hardest boss in the game. Being able to parry gundyr makes him laughable.

None of the bosses in DS3 are hard at all. Nameless king and souls of cinder or whatever the fuck his name was were the only fun difficult bosses for me.
>>
>>338361617
Yeah the dragon phase is a complete joke and 1v1 his attacking patterns are easy to read and dodge and he's nowhere near as aggressive and spammy as Gundyr. Really cool fight though.

Also am I the only one that thinks Dancer is the hardest fight in the game jesus christ that boss kicked the shit out of me on my first playthrough.
>>
>>338364389
Ignoring parry, I found Pontiff to be the toughest boss.
Gundyr died in 2 tries and Nameless King in 5.
>>
>>338361617
This so much. I nearly pissed myself when all the shitposting began how hard NK was. Second try him.

Seems like /v/ are just shitters and never gid gud

Gundyr was a much harder boss.
>>
Every boss is easy but I found Pontiff harder than him for some reason. But fuck me, Nameless King is fucking amazing.
>>
>Fight NK
>If I pay attention to his stance after attacking, i can tell if he does a long pause or a spin
>Literally catches his breath for so long that you could almost fully charge a strong attack after each combo series
>>
>>338364394
Dancer is really easy but unintuitive.
Nearly all bosses teach you to circle them, waiting for them to attack, dodge and then conter if the attack was a punishable one.
Dancer though often gives you a ton of time just circling you doing nothing, though this is a bit rng dependent. If you are unlucky she will spam attacks a bit, but usually you have enough time to whack her into 2nd phase with only dodging 1-2 attacks from her, especially if you have a heavy hitting weapon.
>>
>>338365994
>Gundyr was a much harder boss.
Except Gundyr is piss easy once you realize how to parry him.
>>
>>338366791
Never said he was hard, he was HARDER than NK for me
>>
>>338364394
Dancer behaves like a Dark Souls 1 boss. She could be super aggressive and literally never stop attacking, or she could do pokes and then stand around forever.
>>
>died 0 times to Gundyr in 3 playthroughs
>died about 20 times to nameless king
yeah
>>
>>338364394

Dancer could probably be considered the hardest in that she has the largest moveset and requires different roll patterns/spacing for most of her moves. Although, weapon choice always makes a massive difference for a lot of bosses, and I don't think she's "Hard" for a lot of fast, low-stamina weapons. If we're talking stamina chugging behemoths, I think the twin Princes might be the hardest. They really like to limit their punishable windows, and will trade way too often unless you can evade the Younger Princes attacks with circle strafing.

Nameless is pretty good, but he's fair, despite his damage output. Everything he does is highly telegraphed. Gundyr WOULD be the hardest boss if he wasn't parryable. He leaves very few windows open to hit him, and will actively boot/tackle you any time you attack him improperly. However, if you just learn to parry his long-windup moves, he falls like a bitch to Ripostes.
>>
>>338361793
The trick with the Gundyr is patience. Just hit him one or two times and retreat before he kicks you in the face. I learned that the hard way when I tried to kill him with a greatclub.
>>
>>338364394
I used to have trouble with the dancer's second face because that fucking cunt would spam endless combos in my face. Then I used a bow and shit was easy as fuck.
>>
>>338364389
>none of the bosses in ds3 are hard at all

no, you're just better at the series

a boss being "hard" is relative to many things

Go back to DS1, DeS or DS2 and you will see how fucking slow the bosses were, how ridiculously telegraphed their attacks were, how much more mechanically simple they are than DS3 bosses. Not many people remember the shock and awe manus's 5 hit combo had when he first used it, but now it seems laughable to even compare it bb and ds3, it seems relatively mundane.

BB similarly gives you the power of super fast i frame dodges that get you out of the bosses way super quick, and gives you super fast, basically unpublishable healing, along with the ridiculously overpowered long range parry system, that really never prevents the bosses from fucking you up like in souls other than for orphan of kos and his swirling flail like attacks in phase 1.

It's honestly surprising that more people haven't realised this.

Nameless King in his fist phase alone is honestly comparable to a top tier ds1 boss, the sheer visual spectacle, along with the fantastic music and arena puts it near the top of the series, the moveset with the wave smog, thrusting fly, circular lightning fly followed by swoop, slam, lightning charge slam, three hit melee, fire breath and fire rain, along with his second phase of dashes, smog attacks, slams, slashes, swirling air riding fast pokes, long upwards flying thrusts, ground based charge thrusts, and his third phase lightning kicks, lightning charges and lightning spear attacks, a fair few of these attacks in phase 1 can be extended by the one or two delayed pokes, and lightning/smog residue effects as well, I might even be missing some attacks overall.

The nameless king is honestly one of the best bosses from software has ever done, the atmosphere, music, challenge, weather changes before the fight, lore, cutscene,visual spectacle are all absolutely on point.

It's the best flying dragon like boss they've ever made.
>>
Champion Grundyr was the easy one though.
>>
File: Nameless_King.jpg (395 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nameless_King.jpg
395 KB, 1920x1080
>>338367884
fucking based
>>
>>338367619

Or you could just use a great shield
>>
>>338368997
Shields are for faggots.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.