[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a fucking shitty service CN was miles better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
What a fucking shitty service

CN was miles better
>>
So was the whole company a few years back.
>>
>>338357324
People still complaining about this?
Grow the fuck up, you autist
>>
>>338358457
>STOP HAVING OPINIONS!
>>
>>338358716
SONIC ARMS AREN'T BLUEEEEEE
sure kiddo, you win now go to sleep
>>
>>338357324
No codes in my physical copies.

Nintendo what are you doing!?
>>
File: 1246960273064.jpg (45 KB, 441x396) Image search: [Google]
1246960273064.jpg
45 KB, 441x396
>>338357324
>not having CFW
>actually giving this shitty company money
>>
>buy two eShop game on sale for less than $5
>only get coins for one
I don't understand how this is decided. Both were originally over $5, but I only got coins for one of them.
>>
>>338360519
was the total spent 5 dollars?
>>
>>338359905
As someone who prefers buying physical copies of retail games but still enjoys downloading virtual console games once in a while, this is bullshit.

Even if Club Nintendo didn't have many physical rewards in its final years, I still got a fuckton of free virtual console games from it. With My Nintendo, I don't think I'll be able to get enough gold coins for even one game before the NX gets released.

The website does have an option to enter codes like Club Nintendo did. Hopefully, they'll start including them with physical games before too long.
>>
>no codes given with physical copies
>none of the prizes are worth anything
>any prizes that are decent are locked behind Gold Coins
>No physical prizes
I mean I understand that the program is about 2 months old now, but you'd think that they would've learned from CN and incorporated shit into this by now.

>Forced to use miitomo to get coins
The coins are the only reason I even bother with the app anymore. It was nice for a week but it got old quick since it doesn't offer much. Hopefully they incorporate more games with MyNintendo like Pokémon Shuffle, GO, or the eventual Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem games
>>
>extending shit rewards by several months
>DON'T WORRY, NOW YOU CAN'T MISS OUT ON THE MIITOMO MARIO SUIT
I stopped giving a shit.
>>
>Modern Nintendo is shit
wow, what a suprise
>>
>>338357324
CN was also slower and less updated. MyNintendo is updated every week, even though they give lame prizes. Consider also that getting platinum points is easy as fuck, so you can't expect super cool prizes with platinum points.

I'm saving the coins to be honest. I have 2000+ of them. Just in case they put a physical reward, I'll be ready. If not, well, by September I'll have enough point to pick TP Picross and all the sale coupons available.
>>
I have 100 gold coins.
Do I get Super Mario 64 or Super Punch-Out and Pikmin 3 DLC?
>>
File: 2016-05-21_10-27-21.png (380 KB, 984x406) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-21_10-27-21.png
380 KB, 984x406
Still /nothingtobuy/
>>
>>338361812
If they're gonna put out physical rewards they'll most likely will need to be purchased with gold coins in anything.
>>
>>338361957
Wait for something better. None of those are more than $10 on the eShop.
>>
>>338362059
There aren't going to be any physical rewards. The accounts don't keep information on home addresses.
>>
How does this My Nintendo thing work?
>>
>>338362165
>The accounts don't keep information on home addresses
Neither old CN did, at least in Europe. Every time you choose a physical reward, you had to write your home adress each time, because it wasn't saved in your CN account.
>>
>>338362215
read the FAQ
>>
>dont get shit for physical games
>rewards are COUPONS for games
>only app to get coins on is even more bland and boring than Twitter
fuck My Nintendo.
>>
>>338362263
They could do it that way I guess. US Club Nintendo would keep your address stored in your account and you would just have to verify it anytime you ordered something.
>>
>no codes with physical copies

That's really the thing that destroys it. Yeah, sure, whatever, get tiny little rewards with just the app. But fuck, the whole point of the gold coins is to reward you for buying their games. Now it has to be off their fucking eShop for no good reason.
>>
>>338361970
Good thing those points don't expire

OH WAIT :^)
>>
>points expire in six months instead of two years
GREAT IDEA
>>
I think the worst part is that in old CN you could obtain coins/stars by rating the software on the eshop. Now you don't, it's kind of a shame.
>>
>>338362626
If they're about to expire then I guess I'll be forced to get all the miitomo crap.
>>
>>338362694
I actually put time and thought into those reviews too.

Also, Intent to Purchase surveys were great.
>>
>>338362626
>Not saving coins for 6 months straight just in case something worthwhile appears
The day they will announce a good prize, I'll enjoy seeing cunts desperately begging and crying for coins in all threads while I'll have my huge loot and laugh at.

Inb4
>implying they will put good prizes
Yes, yes, I'll indeed enjoy the tears.
>>
>>338361293
Where do i enter codes like in club nintendo? i still have the code i got from triple deluxe and havent used it
>>
>>338362816
>I'll enjoy seeing cunts desperately begging and crying for coins in all threads
anyone with miitomo can get about 100 coins in a week
anyone without it can still get 70 a week just by signing into three things
>>338362923
you don't
>>
>>338362923
It's worthless. Those codes expired last year.
>>
>>338363036
>70
>>
>>338362816
I'm hoping for discounts on WiiU party or Mario Party 10. Or some sort of DLC. I'd be able to get that Pikmin DLC if physical games still came with codes.
>>
File: shrug_luigi.png (86 KB, 201x185) Image search: [Google]
shrug_luigi.png
86 KB, 201x185
>>338362816
>My Nintendo gives you 60 coins just for signing into the eShop and Miiverse weekly
>always a 10 coin by your Mii every week
>recent Miitomo update lets you add via email so you can have anyone as a friend in seconds
>you don't have to give legit answers for anything, just spam and hearts spam
Right.
>>
File: 1462403271956.jpg (42 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1462403271956.jpg
42 KB, 400x300
>>338363061
>>338363036
oh well FUCK
>>
>>338357324

Yeah I used to love typing in codes for mediocre VC games.
>>
>>338363395
>My Nintendo gives you 60 coins just for signing into the eShop and Miiverse weekly
Platinum coins that are hardly good for anything worthwhile. Hope you like WarioWare and 3DS themes.
>>
>>338363520
Don't forget they even "went out of stock."
>>
Literally the only worthwhile thing worth buying is WariorWare Touched, because it's the only DS game on the DS right now.

If they keep doing stuff like this, i'll be more inclined to get points.
>>
>>338363582
All electronic services can go out of stock. Each purchase needs a registration key, and sometimes they don't generate enough and there's a short delay to generate more
It's happened on steam a few times before
>>
>>338363395
You can get another 60 each week for logging into Nintendo.com and My Nintendo. The former is automatically added, and the latter just requires you to click on a coin that appears below the coin containers
>>
>>338363582
Was that a European thing? That never happened in the US Club Nintendo.

>>338363623
>Save up points for WarioWare
>Download game
>Extremely long and boring opening cutscene
>Get to the actual gameplay
>Fucking finally
>Got bored after two minutes and turned the game off
I fucking love Wario as a character and the Wario Land games but WarioWare is just so shitty.
>>
>>338363395
What about those who don't login each week? What about those that don't bother going to miiverse, eshop or official site? What about those that don't own miitomo? Hell, what about those that made an account without a specific reason and didn't checked since then?

All those kind of people will cry salty tears the day nintendo will put an actually decent prize.
>>
File: Warioland.jpg (86 KB, 820x300) Image search: [Google]
Warioland.jpg
86 KB, 820x300
>>338363837
>This fucking whole post
WarioWare is great, goddamn you.
At least say "in my opinion", don't pretend they are shit just because you personally don't like them.
>>
>>338363623
We can only hope that they put Days of Ruin up because it was already made into a DSiware game for Japan.
>>
>>338363973
>Nintendo of America
>Good rewards

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OH MY FUCK
>>
>>338363841
I guess.
However, it's practically CN all over again since any of the large digital games can be pirated and physical stuff ends up on eBay, probably cheaper than accumulating gold coins now.
>>
>>338363938
Hey, if you enjoy watching a five minute long unskipable sequence of Wario visiting the dentist, good for you. But if something's shit, it's shit.
>>
I think it's at least a good thing you still get golden coins if you use a coupon to buy a digital a digital game, coupons you got with plat coins. It's almost like recycling, kinda. I heard some people managed to hijack gold points with sales on the eshop.
>>
>50 gold coins for 30% off a $20+ digital game
can't wait for the super 100 gold coin rewards where you get 50% off a full price digital Wii U game that you probably already got during a previous sale to get gold coins
>>
>>338363938
>in my opinion
Why? Is there a point to doing this?
You can at least infer that he's stating his own opinion, right?
>>
>>338364454
It seems like it might be based on the original price of the game for eShop games.
For example, if you had purchased and SNES or N64 games on the Wii and pay the $1-2 upgrade fee on the Wii U, you still get 10 gold coins. It also seems to apply to games on sale where if you buy a game normally priced at $19.99 for $9.99, you get 20 gold coins.
>>
>>338364705
Time to upgrade some virtual console games then.
>>
>>338364841
be careful, N64 games in particular are downgrades on Wii U because they have input lag.
I don't get it either. I guess the guys in charge just fucked up hard
>>
File: image.png (794 KB, 996x755) Image search: [Google]
image.png
794 KB, 996x755
>get Zelda Picross
>it's fun for like 2 hours and then you beat it and there's nothing else left
>realize there's no way I can get Touched now cause I jumped the gun on Picross but I got it on Wii U so it's okay
I mean hey, at least it wasn't pay2ein garbage like Pokemon Picross, but still, there should've been 90 distinct pictures or another Micross at the very least.
>buy FE DLC
>get no gold coins for it
>have to buy games only
>digital games only while I got no memory space
>only thing Platinum coins are good for is garbage-ass Miitomo costumes and garbage-ass themes
This service probably had good intentions, but it comes off as another "fuck you" to Nintendo fans.
Literally what happened to this company?
>>
>>338365589
>WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS COMPANY
>bought fucking Fire Emblem DLC
You're part of the problem.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>338359905
No thanks. Not in this environmentally friendly era where the codes are printed on the inside of the jacket where they stare at you through the environmentally friendly holes in the case.
>>
>>338365589
just pirate everything. it's so easy. all you need is a 128gb sd card and the knowhow and the ability to search out homebrewgen and read instructions

it's time to leave these dinosaurs and their godawful business tactics behind
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.