[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game will suffer severe backlash even if it's an OoT-tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: arrow.png (3 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
arrow.png
3 MB, 2048x2048
This game will suffer severe backlash even if it's an OoT-tier deviation from the established norm.
>>
>>338353343
It deserves to suffer severe backlash for the simple fact that they dangled the game in front of the faces of Wii U owners for years, making promises that it was ***definitely*** coming out soon, only to give us a gimped version of a superior console's launch title.
>>
>>338353343
Yeah, that's ok. As long as the game is good, who cares?
>>
>>338353343
Like every Nintendo game ever.
>>
Eh if it delivers on being Zeldarim, then it'll be considered a success regardless of delays.

It's not like they're going to alienate a fanbase by turning Link into an idol.
>>
>>338356363
>if it delivers on being Zeldarim

What happens if it doesn't deliver on being "Zeldarim"?
>>
>>338357346
Well, how else do you expect them to fill the massive world?

Unless they're drawing away from that idea though i can't imagine that being the case if they're only going to have that game for the press to play at E3 as well as only that game for their E3 stream.
>>
>>338353343
>Backlash

People and gamer girls who unironically wear Zelda merc will buy it
Journalists will sing praises
The only complainers will be //, and Nintendo will ignore us like they did Sticker Star, Skyward Sword and any other piece of shit
>>
I just hope these 2 year delays haven't been just NX business related and were actually used to polish this game beyond regular standards.

Still, I won't be buying another Wii U game now that they started porting them.
>>
File: 1453086908447.jpg (135 KB, 964x641) Image search: [Google]
1453086908447.jpg
135 KB, 964x641
>>338353457
This. They're holding Zelda hostage to sell their new system just because THEY fucked up so bad on the Wii U
>>
I'm guessing it'll be Windwaker TP:Edition with the overworld.

More empty space
>>
>>338353457
Probably gonna end up looking the same on both like TP on GC and Wii but then again the GC to Wii jump wasn't that much in terms of hardware improvement.
>>
>>338353343
OOT deviated from nothing.
>>
After playing Xenoblade X, I'm ready to be disappointed by Zelda U's shitty barebones overworld
>>
>>338356363
it'll have a bunch of dumb mechanics that are cute for about 10 seconds, but probably nothing substantial. remember how they hyped being able to drink potions and move in SS? and how pointless most of the stuff in that was?

they simply don't know what to do with this series anymore.
>>
File: 1349957974452.jpg (85 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1349957974452.jpg
85 KB, 600x476
>>338358993
>OOT deviated from nothing.

lol have a (You)
>>
I'm 37% sure there will be optional 1:1 sword controls just because Link is right handed.
>>
They can't keep getting away with it! Iwata must be breakdancing in his grave over this.

>"a delayed game will eventually be good" - Shigeru "lying fuckstick" Miyamoto

Pikmin 3 and Starfox Zero are examples of this not being remotely true. At this point Nintendo are only delaying games to implement their broken bullshit gimmick control schemes that ruin the games.

We all know the NX will have some new """"revolutionary"" gimmick. This is why Zelda is delayed. So they can optimize it to this new gimmicky dogshit.

Shigeru Miyamoto is such a fucking george Lucas piece of shit at this point, I want him to get the Iwata cancer, i'm actually praying for it
>>
>>338359303
it's 3D lttp.
>>
>>338359464
>Link is right handed
then it's not Link
>>
>>338359567
>Pikmin 3
Hang yourself. Pikmin 3 is more similar to 1 than 2 will ever be.
>>
>>338359283
I-I liked it, watching Link flee while chugging potions was fun, the item swapping was also very useful. My biggest complaints about SS would be Fi's absurd levels of handholding and fucking item descriptions resetting every time you started the game. The repetitive nature of the game is of course on top of the sin list
>>
>>338359567
>a delayed game will eventually be good
if it's delayed for the right reasons, then I agree
>>
>>338359690
even brainless bacteria know Pikmin 2 is the best Pikmin game. You are such a fucking idiot, i'm suprised you can even write.
>>
>>338359762
>tfw no groose game
>>
File: Link-Skyward-Sword.jpg (89 KB, 1000x770) Image search: [Google]
Link-Skyward-Sword.jpg
89 KB, 1000x770
>>338359683
:(
>>
>>338353343
only way it could live up to the extreme build up is if it entered a whole new dimension like OOT did.

the 4th dimension being time...

oh wait
>>
>>338359283
>remember how they hyped being able to drink potions and move in SS?

Nope. They just anounced it as a new feature and I thought it was pretty cool. Nothing sort of "hyping" it. Now you mention it I hope that carries over to the new one.
>>
>>338359762
I also liked that enemies dealt more damage in general. Hope they keep it like that, but not chicken out and make us start with 6 hearts.
>>
>>338358935

>looking the same

They won't, if NX is at least between Wii U and Xbone spec wise or better that means the new zelda will most likely be 1080p at 60fps on NX.

The Wii U version will probably be 720p 30fps.

The clarity and performance alone would be enough to turn off a lot of people from the wii u version.
>>
>>338359283
I liked the potions types and the shields. Varied enough and without the laughable difficulty of Wind Waker or fairies up the ass so I actually didn't mind taking along a potion if I was too lazy to fix my shield. Bug hunting is completely pointless since the added effects aren't worth the time hunting

If I had any gripe about the bazaar is that the broken as fuck Goddess Shield was given to you way too early. What's the point of shield damage when your shield regenerates in like 5 seconds?
>>
>6/10 not cinematic enough
>IGN

>3/10 not progressive enough (Link isn't trans)
>Polygon

>6.5/10 mediocre, we weren't paid enough
>everyone else

>7/10 it's not AAA western enough
>e-celeb and other opinions

In terms of public opinion and reviews, this game is doomed. There is simply nothing they can do to please everybody.
>>
>>338359834
Pikmin 2's ranking among its constituents has no bearing on whether or not Pikmin 3 is a good game.
>>
>>338353457
>>338358871
Judging a game based on it's company's business practice, is as bad as judging a game based on it's fans.
>>
>>338361556
It won't be able to fully take advantage of either system's features, it'll stuck in some weird middle. It would be far better for everyone if they just bit the bullet and made this one a Wii U exclusive, then made a new Zelda for NX in a few years
>>
>>338360612
they sort of did. same with that stupid wall jump thing and the stamina gauge, which were both pointless. they don't know what's fun anymore.
>>
>>338361429
Oh but I think it does. If you play the series in order, as you must, the dip in quality is mind blowing for Pikmin 3. Look at the mess that is the final boss alone.

Pikmin 2 elevated the core concepts of the first game. Pikmin 3's juice system takes away any sense of your missions urgency. Pikmin 2's most revolutionizing feature, the caves, are removed. No funny journal entry about treasures or enemies. Characters are boring. Do you need me to go on, kid?
>>
>>338361785
Oh my God you're serious
>>
>>338361628
That's all perspective, man. You can choose to look at it was stuck in some weird middle. Or you can look at it as a slightly upgraded version than what we would have gotten had it come out sooner.
>>
>>338361785
This is incorrect and I'm not that anon.
What Pikmin 2 had was a sprawling amount of content due to the caves. These were very similar to eachother and differentiated by the layouts and enemies in each one.
Pikmin 2 is a longer and overall better game, but it's extremely unpolished.
>>
>>338361879
>slightly upgraded version
lol
The extra time wasn't spent improving the Wii U version, it was spent on the NX version
>>
>>338359683
You must be 18+ to post over here, btw.
>>
>>338360734
You're forgetting we're dealing with Nintendo here, they're not exactly masters of HD works, I don't think they're even considering making each version different. This is TP all over again.
>>
>Pikmin 2
>superior in any shape or form to 3, let alone to 1, the absolute unmatched pinnacle of the series
Fucking shitposters
>>
>>338362098
Yes, well the NX version will likely have better resolution and/or framerate. A more stable framerate at least. Like the Wii version of Twilight Princess.
>>
>>338362143
You're one of those guys that found Pikmin 2 too hard, I take it.
>>
>>338353343

>backlash
>severe backlash

Please explain what this would even entail.
>>
>>338353457
Every new detail about the NX just makes me angry. I don't mind a console having a short lifespan, as long as it gets good support.
Wii U's support was absolute trash. It really only had 2 years of support, not even 2 "good" years, just 2 years total. Its life didn't even really begin until 9 months after launch when Pikmin 3 finally released.
And it was filled with false promises from Nintendo. They promised us at the beginning of 2014 that the first half of the year would have good support, and the only game we got was Mario Kart 8 in May. They made the EXACT SAME promise at the beginning of 2015, and the only games we got were Kirby Rainbow Curse in March and Splatoon in May.
I think I'll be holding off on NX until its really close to the end of its life. The way Nintendo handled the Wii U's game library really left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>338361628
Isn't that what people crave though?

Less gimmicks?
>>
OoT is overrated. Let it die already.
>>
>>338362385
Here's an alternate opinion.

It's not hard. It just doesn't have the conceptual focus that 1, and especially 3, have.

What's wrong with juice though? I like the juice. Shit's cute as fuck and I love calling out Brittany on being a bitch when she says she doesn't want to share. Besides, you actually have to be pretty familiar with the stages, and pretty efficient overall, to collect enough fruits to have so much that you never run out. It's fairly easy to not run out, but if you're blasting through the main objectives, you can easily only have 1-2 jars at any given time.
>>
>>338362098
Most improvements in a timeframe such as this are likely to benefit both versions.
>>
>>338362579
What does either of these two sentences actually mean, though?
>>
>>338362473
sixouttatens and sales lower than SS
>>
>>338358598
desu i think they've refurbished parts of the game FOR the NX. I have a hunch that the game was actually finished and tested and given the OK to release in 2016. but the NX prevents it. Either that or the business plan of releasing the game on both consoles simultaenously to avoid the game from being irrelevant when the NX releases. Imagine they released it on the Wii U months ahead of the NX release, and it turned out to get bad scores. How damaging wouldn't that be to the NX release of the game?
>>
>>338362620
To run out of juice you need to let the crew stand idle for like a week. The money time limit is by far the best motivator. having the president sending you mail about how fucked his life is becoming, living under a bridge.

And is conceptual focus such a good thing? Pikmin 2's spelunking gave the game diversity, not having to be worried about the clock at all times.

And even if they were overpowered, purple pikmin are the best and cutest of the series.
>>
>>338362678
...You can't be serious, anon. It means "Zelda community tends to hold OoT as the standard for all Zelda games. If the new game does not reach OoT level of open world, non linear, side quest addition, and interactive character manor then the game is trash." "Players need to stop holding OoT in a special light and move on." Is that simple enough for you, anon?
>>
>>338362961
What about this then?
The games clearly fulfil different roles based on what you value. That is a good thing.
Pikmin 4 will likely have stuff from 3 and 2, and bridge the gap.
>>
>>338353343
Of course it will.
Sonyggers will shitpost 24/7 about it together with all the people that loved Twilight Princess
>>
>>338362961
You only start out with like four jars of juice right? If you don't collect enough fruit to make another jar in one day, like if you're just focusing on main objectives only, you can run out of juice quickly enough.

Yes. I like conceptual focus. I think a big part of why the industry has been so lackluster lately is because all the publishers want all their games to be EVERYTHING to EVERYONE. So the games tend to have a lot of "diversity" but very little of it is done very well. So a game that presents 3 or 4 or 5 basic concepts, and does them well, with clearly definied parameters and specific set of rules, is refreshing. Especially compared to a game that says you can do "anything and everything in the dynamic destructible world!"... you know, except for blow up that one wall blocking the upgrade because we actually want you to just pop up in there on level 6 because "world building" lol. When the scope of the game is larger, things like that just become way more jarring and frustrating.

Purple Pikmin are okay. I think yellows are still my favorite. Couldn't tell you why.
>>
File: zeldawiiurumorsmalefemale.jpg (181 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
zeldawiiurumorsmalefemale.jpg
181 KB, 600x450
Can't wait for grill Link
>>
>>338363125
Much better.
The other thing could be read as "OoT's not actually a particularly good game by any standards, and people should stop talking about it"
>>
>>338363751
Ponytail link is pretty cute.
>>
>>338362686
An unlikely scenario.
>>
>>338363601
Pikmin 2 did the overworld and caves well though, plus it has an incredibly well written catalogue of enemy and treasure descriptions with comfy BGM.

as disjointed and strange it feels to suddenly go underground and not worry about time, this ends up being a great concept. Why? Because most bosses are fought in the caves, and worrying about time while fighting against a boas isn't fucking fun. Having an entire day of work ruined because you stumble upon a boss that decimates your army.
>>
>>338363864
how so
>>
>>338364193
Bruh I ain't arguing against Pikmin 2, just so you know.

I was just pointing out that it isn't logical to say that "Pikmin 3 is a terrible game because Pikmin 2 is the best" That's just nuts to think that's even equatable.
>>
>>338361724

The stamina bar and running mechanics were anything but pointless.

One of the few things that countered an otherwise slow and interrupted gameplay.
>>
>>338361724
>same with that stupid wall jump thing and the stamina gauge, which were both pointless

That's a terrible opinion, I don't know what else to say. The wall jump better be back for Zelda U. The stamina gauge too, as long as you can upgrade it later on in the game.
>>
>>338365215
That's not the final logo.
Here.
>>
>>338364582
It may have been an overstatement. But no one can deny that the game did not live up to the hype. For some time Pikmin 3 was all Miyamoto talked about, even before we saw gameplay. same thing with starfox. Both times we ended up with somewhat forgettable games.

having puzzles with two captains works. having puzzles with three, with limitited time, is fucking frustrating at times. It's a fact, Pikmin 3 felt like a chore and a mess at times, toggling between three characters that orders 100 pikmin of five colors.Even though this sounds like an evolution, a step forward from the Pikmin 2 in concept, it does not work well in practice.
>>
>>338361370
Are you seriously acting like Zelda of all games doesn't get unwarranted 10/10s?
>>
>>338367192
skyward sword gamespot review
>>
>>338353343
OoT wasn't a deviation from the established norm
>>
>>338367424
The one honest review that got blasted for giving it a low score.

IGN gave it a 10/10 and said it had a fantastic plot.
>>
File: Link-Skyward-Sword.jpg (119 KB, 1000x770) Image search: [Google]
Link-Skyward-Sword.jpg
119 KB, 1000x770
>>338360390
???
>>
>>338367540
>honest review

LIFE-SIZED MEME review because they wanted some of that 8.8 meme appeal back
>>
>>338353343
But even so it will be hyped up the ass on /v/ anyway.
You can expect a constant 5 threads at any given time leading up to the release, then the shilling changing to "It's not too bad" and then being forgotten about for a few years, when some contrarion nostalgia fags will make an odd thread every now and again bemoaning how great this zelda was compared to whatever is coming out at the time.

A recent example of this is Star Fox Zero
A future example is Paper Marion Color Splash, which will happen exactly the same way
An example of the nostalgia faggotry is the Gamecube

Nintencucks never change
>>
Literally all they need to do is make shit actually able to hurt you and not use stupid gimmicky controls for the combat.
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.