[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you didn't like this game then there you're everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
If you didn't like this game then there you're everything that's wrong with /v/ and are probably a weaboo loser
>>
I hate all games with regenerating health.
>>
>>338350541
>and are probably a weaboo loser
But this game was made by a japanese studio, dimwit.
>>
>>338350767

There's a difference between a masterpiece and a game catered to autistic virgins through cartoon anime boobs
>>
I'm on the verge of buying it.
>>
Pirated it on PS3, it was shit.

Go back to rebbit/funnyjunk.
>>
It was an acceptable entry. The great gameplay made up in part for the lackluster story and disappointing ending
>>
jokes on you OP im a weeb and loved it
>>
>Buying unfinished games
TIP TOP KEK
>>
>>338350541

>literally has all the tools available, along with the complete 100% backing of his playerbase to make a literal masterpiece of gaming
>instead makes a generic third person shooter with an incoherent story, god awful level design, and no structural pacing at all

You can really tell they spent 5 years creating the engine and planning for the game, and then found out that their studio was closing and pushed out the game as fast as they could. It's a catastrophe of circumstance. Greatest disappointment in gaming.
>>
File: 1463691321555.jpg (71 KB, 368x555) Image search: [Google]
1463691321555.jpg
71 KB, 368x555
I did like MGSV but I am still a weeaboo loser.
>>
>>338351026

im so tired of this "great gameplay" meme. yes it had the mechanics of great gameplay, but the mission structure didnt utilize those mechanics. every single mission boiled down to "crawl to the objective, fulton anyone you see on your way".

not to mention the boring as fuck pow rescue missions, or how 90% of the main missions in the game were seemingly unrelated to the story. its as if you played a complete random mission, watched a cutscene of something in the story, then played an unrelated random mission again.

the pacing was shit too. sometimes youd have to do like 3-4 missions before getting a cutscene, then do a repeat of those 4 mission types before you got another one. or how you never knew when you were gonna get something related to the story, you had to keep going back to mb just to see if there was some cutscene that would randomly trigger.

oh, and lets not forget about "STARRING SKULL FACE (Who you thought was dead) AND THE MYSTERIOUS CODETALKER!" before EVERY FUCKING MISSION

game is a complete slap in the face to anyone who followed the series. i dont blame kojima though. i have faith he'll redeem himself.
>>
>>338351185

Go back to your weaboo ps4 games you loser

>>338351148

This game is like 200 hours long you nitwit
>>
>>338351534
so is bubsy 3d.
>>
>>338351531

You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>338351534

The Order 1886 is 200 hours long if you leave it running in the options menu for 200 hours. Which is basically the same as exploring the barren wasteland that is MGSV for 200 hours.
>>
Only "nu-gamers" think MGSV was any good at all. Fuck all of you "MUH OPEN WHURLL!!!" faggots for ruining one of my favorite franchises of all time.
>>
>>338351623

>the rebuttal of someone who doesnt actually have one
>>
>>338351531
You're a fag who needs constant positive reinforcement via cutscenes instead of using the open ended mission structure to make your own fun

I bet you're one of those memers who say "MGS4 might have had 2 hours of gameplay and 15 hours of cutscenes, but at least it was a complete game :^)"
>>
>>338350852
There are cartoon anime boobs in MGSV.
>>
>>338351725

>Not killing quiet
>>
>>338350852
I agree.
>>
This game is literally and objectively the quintessential example of why open world shouldn't be used for every single IP possible
>>
>>338351889
I meant the literal cartoon anime boobs on the posters and cardboard boxes.
>>
>>338351718
>using the open ended mission structure to make your own fun

>confirmed for never playing an mgs game before v

if you honestly think mgs was about "fun" then i can bet you were born after the year 2000.
>>
>>338351636

>Side Op's
>Playing each mission for S rank requires at least an 45 minutes
>Base development requires a lot of time

Yeah nah, I don't even explore the "barren wasteland" and it is extremely time consuming
>>
>>338351531
>fulton anyone you see on your way
Stopped reading here.
You're what's wrong with /v/
Like nigga that's not how you do the missions. The missions are for pure stealth. Kojima made like 3 games, super stealth, action, and baby's first stealth action.
Play the game right homie.
>>
>>338351185
Nigga you're not playing it like an MGS game
>>
>pressing R2 doesn't make you see through snake's eye

its shit
>>
>weaboo loser
>made in japan
I like the game though.
>>
>>338352131

i beat mgs2 and 3 on euro ex, i know how to play the game dipshit. even if you dont fulton, youre in a new area or done the mission before anyone ever wakes up in v. theres no challenge at all in the entire game.
>>
>>338352090
I played MGS1 in 1998 you triple nigger. The most enjoyment I got out of the series was dicking around in the Tanker demo. That's what MGSV was, a bunch of different tanker sandboxes for me to fuck around in.

I'm sorry you can no longer pretend you're a deep and substantial person because MGSV actually tries to be a video GAME instead of a needlessly verbose and excessively wordy succession of cutscenes with two hours of railroaded gameplay
>>
>>338352350
I have no idea what you just said desu, but it sounds like you're deploying for your missions at night, which is easy af.
>>
>>338352384
Which is funny, because MGS V is one of the deeper MGS games
>>
>>338352384

MGS to ME is
>challenging stealth infiltration
>crazy plot/cutscenes
>well designed boss battles

MGSV had none of those, so it's a failure for me. I'm sorry you can be so easily amused by playing a demo disc 100 times over. And I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between a well designed sandbox (Ground Zeroes) and an awfully designed one.
>>
File: seinfeld.png (45 KB, 600x224) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld.png
45 KB, 600x224
>>338350541
I didn't like it because I got tired of capturing dudes to work in my research labs and whatnot. I just wanted to sneak around and occasionally shoot dudes with a revolver. I didn't like the shitty collection minigame.
>>
>>338352492
The core ideas are pretty good. I really dig the idea of Skull Face as the chaos to Zero's order, who opposes the Patriots' idea of a homogeneous, one-culture world. Venom Snake is a neat concept and the ending is a heartfelt goodbye from Kojima, though the idea isn't explored in any meaningful fashion (so it comes out of left field) and it fucks the canon beyond recognition

Regardless, I'm glad Kojima actually let the GAME speak for itself through GAMEplay instead of 20 hours of cutscenes like MGS4. Listening to briefing tapes while dicking around in the field was exponentially more enjoyable than watching a two hour briefing video listening to exposition that the characters were just going to repeat to me in a codec anyway.
>>
MGSV is Far Cry but with grinding. There's barely any game here. It's a "sandbox" where you're expected to do the same missions over and over again (but they have different names so it's okay) in the same locations. It's been awhile since I've been so disappointed in a game. Peace Walker was way better.
>>
File: 1Kqt0Z4.jpg (98 KB, 1015x663) Image search: [Google]
1Kqt0Z4.jpg
98 KB, 1015x663
>>338352685
I think the Canon was fucked since mgs2. But at least MGS V gave is these.
>>
>>338352560
>And I'm sorry you can't tell the difference between a well designed sandbox (Ground Zeroes)

Let me guess, you're one of those guys who pretends the side ops in GZ are more substantial than MGSV's because there's the occasional cutscene in them?
>>
>>338353114
>side ops
>substantial

No I'm one of those guys who believes every single mission of MGSV should have been on the scale of Ground Zeroes. An intro cutscene, meaningful objectives, and an outro cutscene, along with side ops specifically tailored to that mission area.

Either way, I didn't enjoy MGSV. I thought it was a shit game. It's not like we're gonna sit here and change eachother's minds.
>>
>>338351531
WTF? Back in the day they'd chop your fingers off for using them to spew such nonsense
>>
>>338353541
>Back in the day
Opinion invalidated
>>
The credits appearing in every single mission was pretty shitty.
>>
>>338353758
I've been trying to figure that out.
>>
>>338353758

I thought it was quirky, just press X and it skips them? Like if that is one of the reasons you don't like MGSV then you're a fucking retard
>>
Who exactly is still updating the game?
>>
>>338354254

>calls someone a fucking retard
>owns a ps4
>>
All I know is it's a great GAME. I'm new to the franchise, though. I don't get the butthurt from autists. From what I've seen all this shit is a fucking b-movie. Watched Snake Eater and most of Peace Walker before I said "fuck it" and started GZ. The plot is totally fucking stupid the whole way through. It's the dumbest AAA story I've seen. At least starting with GZ they have extremely good looking cinematics to carry the bullshit. Seriously, listening to the tapes it's like a dumb fucking anime. But it's really fun and looks fantastic.
>>
>>338354254
>hideo kojima shoving his name in your face every single mission intro cutscene

>not shit
>>
>>338353476
Man was I disappointed because I expected the game to be exactly like that.

Like 10-20 different GZs. Maybe 30-40 missions.

Instead we got a much bigger but a much emptier world.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.