[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I be worried when my pc gets louder while playing certain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Phantasy-Star-Online-2.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy-Star-Online-2.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
should I be worried when my pc gets louder while playing certain games?
>>
...anyone?
>>
your fans are speeding up because things like your CPU and GPU get hotter when playing more intensive games

usually it's fine, but if you want to be safe download a program like Afterburner or something to monitor temps
>>
>>338345230
alright. thanks for answering.
>>
Depend what you mean by "louder" man.
It's pretty much normal, but if it's really, REALLY loud then you might want to monitor your temp
>>
Your fans should be in the 50 range when not doing anything. When im playing a game, i use msi afterburner and set the fans to 60-65. This keeps the gpu at under 60 degrees. sometimes the cpu gets really hot tho, like for battlefield or shit. But theres a lot of physics at play in battlefield. I assume your gpu gets hot during PSO2? That game for some reason gets mine really hot too, never sure why
>>
>>338345657

i dont know if it's the same case for PSO2 since I've never played the game, but maybe try limiting the FPS

i know some games where I leave the FPS uncapped and because they're pretty easy to run the game runs at like 300 FPS or something ridiculous and it actually heats up my graphics card like crazy. this at least happened to me with Rocket League
>>
>>338345994
Theres an option in the launcher to cap the frame rate. i keep it to 60 but it goes to 30, 90, 120 and unlimited I think. How would i limit the frame rate in games that dont have that option tho?
>>
>>338346243

v-sync caps your frame rate to your monitor's refresh rate. AMD and nVidia both have things in their card control panels that let you cap fps as well
>>
>>338344974
No. That's your fan going fast. This proves your fan is working correctly and the insane temperatures needed to melt your hardware are unlikely to be reached. Worry when your fans stop making noise.
>>
File: ncp.png (66 KB, 1191x747) Image search: [Google]
ncp.png
66 KB, 1191x747
>>338346398
You mean this one? thanks bro i kinda suck with PCs. is there anything else i can change to lower heat temperatures?
>>
>>338346643

yeah

games will have a v-sync option in the menus as well. v-sync is designed to stop screen tearing but sometimes it introduces input lag into some games which is a pain in the ass
>>
>>338346643

and also the only way to really further lower temps is to buy aftermarket cooling. honestly it really shouldn't be an issue unless you are overclocking or you want to buy quieter fans
>>
>>338346243
> i keep it to 60
You absolute madman. I cap it at a silky smooth 120 fps. 60 is awful. Even if you only have a 60hz monitor (in this, the 21'st century...) you still benefit from framerates up to exactly 120.
>>
File: 1433328690751.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1433328690751.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>338346752
And uh..just in case the menus dont have anything about v sync?
>>
>>338346890
I dont know m8 i want to keep as much pressure off my pc as possible. this shit has to last till at least 2019 or so. plus my monitor is only 60hz and i cant tell the difference after 60fps
>>
>>338346891

pretty sure the nvidia control panel would have an FPS limiter somewhere if you absolutely need to cap your FPS

i dont know, i haven't used a nvidia card in a while so im not sure how much their interface has changed or what not.
>>
>>338347040

it really should be fine

i had a 6970 which ran at like 80-90 degrees under load. i had the card for about 5 years and it was still going strong when I decided to upgrade it
>>
>>338347046
Alright thanks pal ill go into that later

>>338347120
I just have a plain old 750. It just werks for me and i got it for cheap from a friend. sometimes even when i do manually set the fans, they dont actually activate. like it will go to 80-90 like you said. and then all of sudden the fans will whirl around crazily and itll drop back to 50 or so. And then the fans will stop and it will slowly cook up again, etc
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.