[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patch 1.07 is out, so what did they change?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63
File: lazy slants.jpg (127 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
lazy slants.jpg
127 KB, 750x422
>Adjusted the efficiency of the Great shield category
>Adjusted the consuming FP of the Magic Spell category
>Adjusted the efficiency of items: Dragon Slayer’s Axe, Crescent Axe, Dark Drift, Washing Pole, Moonlight Great Sword
>Fixed the shield penetration rate of the partial attack in the scythe category
>Fixed the stamina attack of the partial weapon category
>Improved the matching of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels covenants
>Improved the password matching rate
>Improved other game balance
>Several game flaws fixed

Since the lazy slant eyed Japs don't know how to write patch notes, has anyone datamined and figured out exactly what the fuck they did? Any reason why the slants are so inferior they can't be bothered to spend more than 5 seconds to type proper patch notes? Maybe it was the nukes that made them so culturally inferior?
>>
Anyone figured out why OP is such an edgelord?
>>
Reddit post containing some of the changes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4k74j6/107_list_of_changes/
>>
>>338340427
>Various bug fixes

Thanks, From. He's right though. Look at the patch notes from CDPR or Larian and you'll see that From's patch notes are lazy at best.
>>
>nerfed BKGA
>stealth nerf to counterhits on thrust weapons
>buffed moonlight gs
are some.
>>
>>338341181

>Improved other game balance

Okay so what the fuck did you improve because this tells us nothing.
>>
File: greatsword_of_judgement.png (14 KB, 189x282) Image search: [Google]
greatsword_of_judgement.png
14 KB, 189x282
Sadly no buff to Greatsword of Judgment. This weapon has terrible AR even when using it's weapon art buff it still has less AR than other greatswords.
>>
>Blue Sentinels still can't do shit
Fuck it, just increase the drop rate already, I just want my spell then i'll move on.
>>
>>338341681
>https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4k74j6/107_list_of_changes/
Have you tried playing the game using family sharing on a new account? it fixed it, along with getting automatically summoned in general for me.
>>
Why the fuck is fromsoft so opaque with patch notes?
>>
>>338343786

Language barrier I'm guessing.
>>
>tfw haven't bought it yet and won't until it's discounted

who else smart here?
>>
>>338343971
>tfw paid $30 for the game+season pass.
>>
>>338343786
Japanese are notorious for this shit. Just ask anybody that played Final Fantasy XI back in the day. Keeps people playing the game and experimenting, also helps deter min-maxing.
>>
>>338344128
>tfw got the deluxe edition dirt cheap from a mexibro
>>
>>338343971
Waiting for the PTDE/Scholars equivalent here.
>>
>>338343971
I wish I was smart. I thought after DaS2 DLCs and Bloodborne they'd perfected their craft. I deserved my disappointment.
>>
>>338343786
Because if they listed every change people might finally realize what fucking awful coders they are.
>>
>>338344239
Lucky you, I bought it from the only mexican guy I found willing to send the game first
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 728x609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 728x609
>>338343971
>will miss out on online's most active period
>you will never see 20+ summon signs outside boss fogdoors
>you will never see +20 dark summon signs outside Pontiff's area
>you will never get a pvp duel going in less than 1 minute, you'll be lucky if you get anything at all in less than 20 minutes
>will not experience pvp at its prime, where people are still experimenting with weapons. You will only connect with gankers using the same op shit

You sure are smart buddy
>>
is the fog door fixed for the dancer? then i'll start playing again
>>
>>338341221
>>nerfed BKGA

WHY.

WHY.

WHY THE FUCK?
>>
So... this patch is going to make for more variety?

I hope so. Fightclubs'll be more interesting when the weapon of the day isn't gotthards/guccigatana/darksword/etc
>>
>>338343971
guess you never played souls games on launch, literally the best time for online shit, das2 is an awful game in retrospect but at launch the bell bro cov, and the rat cov were some of best things in the entire soul series, then later everyones soul memory ballooned and invasions died out
>>
>>338344386

Oh well I've experienced this for 3 games now and it's overrated. I'd rather actually learn fights then have faceroll them with others.
>>
>>338344526
BKGA was easily one of the most overpowered weapons in the game.

There was a reason BKGA + Hornet Ring got so popular, you can even combo with Warcry and with a Quality build it's damage was through the fucking roof.
>>
>>338343971
payed £60 for game and season pass, didn't do co-op, hated the game
>>
>>338344386
>will miss out on online's most active period
Went through every area embered and only got NPC invasions and a few in Farron/Aldritch area
>you will never see 20+ summon signs outside boss fogdoors
What is the point of 20? Summoning is optional and even if there are 2-3 you're fine.
>you will never see +20 dark summon signs outside Pontiff's area
There will always be fight clubs
>you will never get a pvp duel going in less than 1 minute, you'll be lucky if you get anything at all in less than 20 minutes
Is English your second language?
>will not experience pvp at its prime, where people are still experimenting with weapons. You will only connect with gankers using the same op shit
Dark Sword, BKGA+Hornet and Estoc was the meta within a few days, don't pretend that PvP is balanced or fair at launch

People who play Souls for the multi are okay but the vast majority are here for the single player, which doesn't differ too much across the games life.

>>338344526
When used with Hornet ring it usually 1 shots on a riposte. I don't understand it either, may as well nerf all the ultra weapons til nothing is able to 1 shot but where is the fun in that?
>>
>>338344386
>You will only connect with gankers using the same op shit
Its already reached that point. Hell, its already reached the point where invaders don't fight host and phantoms.
>>
>>338344627

I've played every souls game since launch including demon's souls (excluding bloodborne).

I have RL buddies who are also waiting until it's discounted and I hear they made it easier to summon friends in this one so i'm not bother about getting it now
>>
>>338344467
No, neither is Twin Princes.
>>
File: 1412383763493.jpg (44 KB, 519x391) Image search: [Google]
1412383763493.jpg
44 KB, 519x391
>>338344526
>>338344848
>>338344902
>every patch another ultra weapon gets nerfed
>meanwhile estoc and dark sword remain as retarded as ever
>>
>Adjusted the efficiency of items: Dragon Slayer’s Axe, Crescent Axe, Dark Drift, Washing Pole, Moonlight Great Sword
These are nerfs aren't they? Rip Washing Pole.
>>
>>338345424

See>>338343168
It shows you in more detail the differences.
>>
>>338341221
>nerfed BKGA
fuck this gay earth.
You stupid memetard meta fuckers brought all this upon yourselves. I used BKGA on my first playthrough, didn't even know how good it was. All I asked was that nobody found out how good of a gank spanker it is so I can use it in peace for free easy wins without fear of ever being nerfed.
But no, you fuckers had to ruin it with your hornet ring horseshit and stupid meme montage videos. Fuck you all.
>>
>>338345424

Moonlight apparently got buffed quite a bit on magic damage. At least it's not a total shit patch.
>>
>>338344526
After you learn it can 1shot people, instead of learning to respect it and playing around it like any normal weapon, fromsoft think it's better to flat out nerf it like other HUGE weapon until no one uses it.
>>
>Oh no the Black Knight Greataxe is ruined because I can't two shot people with a normal two-hit combo or one shot people with a parry + hornet ring

Do you people listen to yourselves.
>>
>>338344305
but DaS3 is better than the base game of Bloodborne
>>
>>338345424
Dragonslayer's Axe actually got buffed, even though it was like the strongest light axe
>>
>>338343168
>this entire patch is shit
>meanwhile
>Sacred Flame glitch still works.

>Sword Master glitch still works.

>Casting animation swap glitch still works.
Fuck you miyazaki
>>
>>338345960
for the life of me i dont understand why they have online balance and game play patches completely seperate
>>
>>338345494
Hornet ring should have been nerfed
>>
>>338345750
We can disagree anon. I enjoyed the setting and art of Bloodborne, it was fresh to me after 3 souls games. The game play was different enough that it felt like something new and removed from the other games, barely.

DaS3 felt tired to me, and weird combination of Bloodborne style fast aggressive enemies with the slower combat of Souls which I didn't like. Combined with removal of poise, excessive bonfires and either really good (Cathedral, Grand Archives) or really bad (Road of Sacrifices, Demon Ruins, Catacombs) level design I didn't like it as much. Another point, I loved the lore and setting of DaS1, felt the second had some good parts but with the 3 I didn't give a shit if the fire went out. It doesn't matter at all if you linked the flame, or let it die and the third ending doesn't give enough info to get me invested. But that's just me.
>>
>>338345960
what is sword master

what skill tree do i go down for that perk
>>
>>338340330
Patch xxx
We did stuff
Fuck you from
>>
>>338346583
not pvp related, but you can summon the npc phantom for vordt and have him fight dancer instead, he will die once at first IIRC but once you summon him again he has retarded defense and can tank the boss all by himself, all you gotta do is stay away
>>
Holy shit, they're clueless.
Is the intern in charge of balancing the game while the actual developers work on the DLC?
>>
>>338346583
does it refer to using the phantom npcs, letting them die, reload and they;re invincible?
>>
Is it already out on PS4?
>>
>>338344331
Still, they could at least say increase or decrease. That's plenty vague.

"Adjusted" is non-information.
>>
>>338346718

Considering they have 3 huge dlcs planned all the way to 2017, probably, yes.
>>
>>338346717
>>338346740
he wrecks the champ if you use bleed weapons as well
>>
>>338344640
i bet you are one of those fucking faggots who don't know what a sense of community is? i bet you like my little pony you autistic fuck
>>
So I just solo'd the Champ, and now I'm deciding what to do with his soul. Is the Chain worth a damn at all? 10% dmg increase seems pretty hefty for what you're getting
>>
>>338347252
You won't even notice the 10% more damage. 15 free levels is definitely worth it, provided you haven't already hit the HP/Stamina softcaps.
>>
>>338345493
Well you made me go to red dit.

>Fixed an bug where people confused Black Knight weapons with the Dark Sword and would occasionally use them.
This post feels real, but he should add:
>Fixed a bug where people confused Katana class weapons with the Dark Sword and would occasionally use them.
Was it not bad enough that I can only do four swings with a katana while dark sword users can do six and use phantom range?
>>
>>338347252
I personally always get the ring first. I love that ring. The extra +5 in Vig, Vit, and END makes up for the 10% extra dmg I take, which I don't even notice. Plus I always go to NG+ so I wouldn't give too much of a fuck which one you get first. At least with the ring first you have better stats for going through NG+
>>
>>338347252
Chain is good until like level 70
>>
it's regulation
>>
You can no longer combo into a weapon art from an R1.

RIP in piece Black Knight Halberd.
>>
So did they reduce pyromancy FP cost as well or depends on what pyro spell?

been wanting a pyro build
>>
>>338347553
That shit was dumb as fuck anyway
>R1 hits
>1000 HP gone
>>
>>338341221
>nerfed BKGA
How was it nerfed?
>>
>>338347635
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4k74j6/107_list_of_changes/

Black Knight Greataxe +5 376+319 to 350+297
>>
>>338347898
thats with 40/40 though
>>
>shield penetration nerf across the board

i never bothered with the shield bypass mechanic that some weapons had

did the lot of them had 100% shield bypass?
from the looks of it darkdrift got a huge nerf
>>
>>338348081
It looks like its just scythes, and it could be a buff for all we know.
>>
>>338347553
literally just invaded with my twinblades and I could still combo R1-L2-R2

if they removed the combo off big weapons only, i'd be delighted
>>
>>338348081
Disregard>>338348295

Just saw the reddit post
WTF fuck from, why? NO ONE WAS EVEN USING DARK RIFT
>>
>>338348295
scythes dont need a damage boost but a faster fucking swing

they are so trash without poise
>>
>>338347492
Why does everyone keep saying that? Is it that the defense nerf gets noticeably worse, or that there are better alternatives?
>>
>Sacred Flame glitch still works.
when this works against 90% of the gank softened host I could give less of a shit.

Time to go get another 50+ fingers in an hour again.
>>
>>338347619
Pyromancy is fine dude. Chaos Fireball at 40/40 int/faith does stupid high dmg for the FP that it costs. Offensive miracles are the ones that REALLY need an FP reduction imo.
>>
>>338348464
ive been using the frost scythe for a while now
the direct hits and reach is already great
also S scaling on dex

while i do think the attack animation is shit without the poise
poke and hit+run damage is really good
>>
>>338348714
oh well i'm aware of what does what, but i'm plannin on a build around 65 so at the most 25/25 with forbidden sun/flame weapon with like no end and 27 vig

i hope they fix simple enchance tick rate
>>
So are the dancers blades extremely shitty, or is there a special trick to them? On my sorcery build, the combined AR was around 600, yet I was doing way less than 100 HP damage per hit.
>>
>>338349023
split damage in 3 ways
>>
>>338343786
It's just like the lore, anon.
>>
>>338349023
They're trash. Use anything else
>>
>>338346187
They took the system from Armored Core. But unlike AC, you can't manually adjust which regulation you'd like to play on.
>>
>>338349023
you have 3 damage types going through 3 kinds of damage reduction

sorry man
dual weapons are only effective for status effects and not much for elemental damage
>>
>>338349005
Ooooooh ok then yeah it'll be a little tricky. You might have to sacrifice some of that HP for more attunement maybe so you can launch more spells. The lower level you wanna cap at the more sacrifices you gotta make.
>>
>>338349460
yeah i might do that, i am runnin knight starter

plannin on sage/greatswamp/witch/ maybe fireclutch or something else, not sure

i was just curious how much they reduced FP for pyro

like i run a simple shield, but i usually have my glove on that slot too so i dunno if i really WANT flame weapon, it would save me some attunement, i mean i could just use resin at that point

resin last as long as flame weapon? 90 seconds?
>>
File: 1439790282089.gif (3 MB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
1439790282089.gif
3 MB, 280x200
>Trying a Sorc build
>Pontiff
>Stuck for 2 hours
>Can't get good enough
>2HKO or 1HKO with some of his attacks because lol 14 vigor
>Spells are too fucking slow to do be useful
>Everytime i summon both him and his faggot phantom focus me until i die when he's like 3 hits away of dying
>This happens 5 times
>Finally beat him
>Gonna rush for Anor Londo
>Aldrich Faggot has invaded
>Fume Sword
>1 shots me

Yeah fuck Int builds, this fucking shit it's so goddamn retarded, the only DECENT spells are literally on the last part of the game, i've been using Great Soul Arrow and Great Heavy Souls Arrow for all the game since i got them and Moonlight Sword/Candlestick/Court Sorcerer staff too, Dex builds got Uchigatana and STR builds got Dark Sword, fuck this game.
>>
>>338344526

Because Dexfags LITERALLY in the most literal sense cannot stand any weapon being better or on par with their weapons.
>>
>>338349163
>>338349424
Yeah, I kinda figured as much, but then again I thought I've seen people being able to at least do more damage than me. Maybe they are just focusing on raising their physical damage, thus pretty much putting all their eggs in one basket.

>>338349310
Yeah, my next build is a faith build since I've pretty much exhausted every other build type.

Are strait swords the only thing with S for lightning? I kinda wanted to use a knife with lightning, but IDK if A scaling will be adequate. Anyone with experience with lightning knives?
>>
>There's a pyromancy that's glicthed to do infinite damage
>It's still shit

Really shows how terrible Fromsoft is at balancing.
>>
Dark Souls 3 PvP = Have a super quick weapon or a super hard hitting one with lots of superarmor.
>>
File: 1428299068234.jpg (101 KB, 639x588) Image search: [Google]
1428299068234.jpg
101 KB, 639x588
What if they added crouch and prone in the next game?
>>
Can someone tell me why carthus curved sword is good?

I see it a lot recently but it doesnt seem to be anything special
>>
>>338349829
>next game
>>
>>338349660
Tried a sorcerer build, focused on getting 27 vigor first because magic did no damage anyway but gave up at the cathedral.
Glad I changed to pyromancy.
>>
>>338349854
does a shit ton of damage compared to other curved swords even with bleed, usually bleed weapons have sacrificed ar with bleed. longer range than curved swords. can buff/enchance
you can kick instead of doing that stupid backflip twirl shit

anything else i'm missing?
>>
>>338349726
>I thought I've seen people being able to at least do more damage than me.
well its probably more effective on pvp over pve because its still dual blades and the right rings can compliment dual weapons despite the heavily reduced damage from armor

with the pontiff ring it only takes roughly 3-4 hits to get the damage buff and the buff stays for quite a while (about 8 seconds or less)

theres also carthus beacon but the requirements on it are kinda shitty
>>
>>338345424
No way they nerfed the moonlight
>>
>>338349854
you fuckin serious? the cancerous twitch fags got a hold of it now?
>>
>>338349660
Farron Flashsword and great heavy soul arrow are all you need until endgame.

Have a semi decent weapon to use as backup and you should be fine.

OR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1ap_t_PZ8
>>
File: calculon_zps0fefd9e7.jpg~c200.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
calculon_zps0fefd9e7.jpg~c200.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>338350034
yeah it looks fucking great on top of all that
>>
>>338350034
Makes sense, except for
>kicking
>better than the flip
The flip is godlike, and is the fastest attack on curved swords. I always roll in and backflip poke out
>but kicking kills the shields
if your weapon bleeds you already counter shields
>>
>>338349660

What did magicfags do to deserve the fate that they got? Yeah, they were OP in Demons' but then in DaS1, they were only good in PvE except for dark bead+pursuers (which was easily countered by a good magic resistant shiled/great magic barrier). DaS2, they were outclassed completely by hex and miracles while half the enemies had magic resistance and then in DaS3 you basically need to be a paper mache atomic bomb just to do as much damage as two Estoc pokes.
>>
>>338350034
i went with the painting guardian sword for my bleed weapon over the carthus meme weapons

the bleed on it is fairly strong and the stamina cost is really fucking small

the reach is fucking garbage though and i had to compliment it with my scythe
>>
>>338346415
I didn't think DaS3's weapons were nearly as good either
>>
>actually playing dark R1R1R1R1R1R1R1R1 three
yeah i bet you're playing it for the story
>>
>>338340427
>>338345137
I just don't get retarded posts like these.
>>
>>338350305
yeah even with the carthus curved sword i still am not used to the range

tryin to kill nameless king made me feel like i needed fucking glasses

at least the weapon art for guardian sword is awesome
>>
>>338350363
theyre /pol/ baits probably
>>
File: 20160520181318_1.jpg (174 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
20160520181318_1.jpg
174 KB, 1440x810
>>338350408
i actually dropped bleed weapons and picked up frost instead for my debuffs
might as well since frostbite does small damage nuke when it caps on most enemies
and i already have my frost scythe at +5

hell i almost 1 shot ocieros with the frost rapier because frostbite procs with him apparently
>>
>>338350715
oh frost works on enemies? shit didn't know that

i still stick with ricards, i love that weapon art even if its shit
>>
>>338350337
>not preferring to throw the enemy into the air with the DKGA R2, or pounding them into the ground with Smough's R2
Its like you don't prefer to have fun.
>>
>>338350715
>Doesn't kill Oceiros in one go always
That said I'm amazed how weak he is to bleed. Doing a luck build and carthus rouged my Anri's and it tore him apart.
>>
>>338350823
>hitting people with smoughs R2

they need to have brain damage to be that stupid and slow, but it is satisfying. i have enough vit to be under 70% burden with full smoughs armor + that hammer, so i just try to catch people in r2's half the time
>>
>>338350715
>>338350790
also yeah i'm not really fond of bleed weapons really, i just like the carthus swords

my build on the jap version was luck and thought it would make a difference. was running bandits until barbs, but then realized it wasn't doing shiiiiiiiiit and resorted to just using anris with bleed resin then realized a lot of shit doesn't bleed

even tried corvian greatscythe but holy fuck you get bled too and scythes jsut feel too slow
theres still so many builds i want to try but i just dont feel like bootin up ds3 for some reason.

waiting for mutants in manhattan
>>
>>338350276
The scrubs' memery got to them.

Magic was completely fine in DaS2; it was effective yet relatively easy to counter if you knew how to deal with it. But scrubs continued to bitch about dying to Crystal Soul Spears due to their scrubbery and From unfortunately heard the masses of crying babies and nerfed magic when it didn't really need nerfing. Now it's fucking useless and playing a pure mage is pure agony instead of being even remotely fun.
>>
>MLGS 144+11 /2 42+129 > 126+4 / 238+203
Wow thats pretty good actually. ty from

now make it pure magic dmg now
>>
>>338350790
probably just tankier ones

since most of them dies before you could build frost

i dont think they get the stamina and resist reduction but they can definitely get hit with the build up nuke

>>338350915
bleed is really fun with those big hand monsters on profaned

bleed fucking procs on every single hit with the rouge on

it was a nice moment for me
>>
>>338340330
Why the fuck is From so vague with their patch notes? "Adjusted the efficiency" can mean a billion different things.
>>
File: 1449366605636.jpg (469 KB, 1137x926) Image search: [Google]
1449366605636.jpg
469 KB, 1137x926
>MLGS got buffed

Will it no longer be suffering to do a run with it? I've always loved that weapon in all the games.
>>
>>338351161
Moonlight Greatsword +5
44+11 /2 42+129 to126+4 / 238+203
16/14/60int
>>
>>338351161
It's still suffering considering you only get it late game, unless you mean NG+.
>>
>>338350236
Only a complete retard lets bleed go through.
>>
>>338351306
144+11*
>>
>>338351309

What's the shortest boss route to get to it?
>>
>>338351309
You can kill Oceiros as your third boss. Thats pretty early.
>>
>>338350790
>oh frost works on enemies? shit didn't know that

there's just so little that actually provides Frostbite (a whopping 4 weapons, Irithyll Straight Sword/Rapier, Vordt's greathammer and the Pontiff Knight Scythe). I'm surprised there isn't a Boreal infusion or magic that inflicts it
>>
File: 1434909672077.jpg (36 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
1434909672077.jpg
36 KB, 479x492
I'm more curious how to give life to this soulless game.

Played up to Irithyl as some rapier-shield thing, then played through the whole game as a pyromancer with a katana and a strength with a greatsword/greataxe.

Played through the levels up to around Cathedral/Farron/Irithyl numerous times with a bunch of characters like a dual-wielder, dex-katana, archer, and now a sorcerer.

Get tired of it every fucking time around the half-way point. Lucky to even get up to the Crypt. Bored out of my mind in PVP due to the lack of play options and how everything is just a boring one-on-one duel. At best you can choose to do r1, r2, or l2. Wow. This definitely feels like I've played the same game three times in a row. If you ever try to invade, people just roll for three hours until someone gets staggered by a miraculous random hit.

In comparison, my interest in Bloodborne was way higher, going through entirely on numerous strength and dexterity characters, and then having the time of my life as arcane and bloodtinge.

Any good ideas on how to get back into it? Was enjoying doing a Pharis-esque cosplay, but was getting tired as I realized bows are unreliable and the only interesting weapons dual-wield weapons aren't until Prince Lothric, at which point the game is basically finished.
>>
>>338351442
If you kill dancer early, you can get it as >>338351472 said.
>>
>>338344526
I don't mind the AR reduction, it's that stamina cost increase that bothers me. Oh well, at least I still have the BKG and BKGS.
>>
>>338351361
what's the point of kicking then, because kicking wont work on smart players either
>>
>>338351442
Gundyr -> Dancer -> Oceiros
>>
>>338350956
>they need to have brain damage to be that stupid and slow, but it is satisfying
You can catch people around corners if they don't know you are there, during the chaos of multiple people fighting at once, or even by timing your R2 when they decide to commit to certain attack animations. They don't necessarily have to stupid. Also, half the reason for the existence of the obscuring ring is to pull off easy to dodge shit like this. Hide behind a corner, wait for the host to pass, then sneak up behind him and go to town with your smash.
>>
>>338351442
Gundy>Dancer>Ocerios
>>
>>338351485
pontiff curved sword too right? at least the weapon art maybe?

but yeah i'm surprised theres no damn infusion
or weapon enchant

what the fuck from
>>
>>338351505
>everything is just a boring one-on-one duel
ricard's raw bait post +4
>>
>>338351157

They get away with it because Japs are drones who submit to authority. If an authority figure tells them "we know what's best" the Japs submit and listen. They are perfectly accepting of patch notes like this because they think From will know what is best for them and thus they don't need detailed patch notes.
>>
>>338351526
Sure does, you just need to time it right.

>>338351472
Still need to go through Greatwood for the Transposing Kiln.
>>
File: 1462145456170.jpg (697 KB, 886x691) Image search: [Google]
1462145456170.jpg
697 KB, 886x691
>>338351509
>>338351472
>>338351546

How do you make Dancer the second boss? Kill the old lady?
>>
File: fasntnig.png (202 KB, 824x542) Image search: [Google]
fasntnig.png
202 KB, 824x542
So how long until they enable poise so it actually works?
>>
>>338351662
yes
>>
>>338351662
Kill lady and use the Sword Master glitch.
>>
>>338351662
Kill the old lady to get the thing which she normally gives you later in the game.

You can do all of Lothric castle up to the archives. As you might be aware the archives are locked but until you beat Aldrich and Yhorm the body that gives the key won't be there.
>>
>>338351632
Well, that's all it is. You get invade or get summoned. Sit around for five minutes until you get to fight. You and the other guy hit the air for a few minutes, or longer depending on whether they choose to heal. Eventually someone gets a few good hits in and it's over. No reward, no real difference between weapons other than how slow or fast the attacks are as there's limited methods of attack. Not to mention that most people just use the standard estoc, dark sword, greatsword, etc.

The most fun I had was killing invaders, hosts, and phantoms as a purple with chaos fireballs in large groups of people.
>>
>>338340330
>Improved the matching of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels covenants

One can only hope it's really true
>>
>>338351806
That's bullshit. Why would they do that?
>>
>>338351869
So you have to beat Aldrich and Yhorm before you take on the twins.
>>
>>338351869
No Soul Stream or Pillars of Light until you beat everything else ;)
>>
>>338351869
If they didn't new players might get lost :^)
>>
>>338351905
Yeah, but why? The game is already restricted enough as it is.
>>
>>338351825
yeah purple was by far my favorite pvp experience. i got shackles in fuckin no time

plus purple looks good since its so different
>>
>>338351869
Game wants Princes to be the last Lord of Cinder you beat
>>
>>338351976
The other problem is that the bosses are way too easy. It's impossible to ever lose to anyone after Aldritch except for Nameless King. Champion Gundyr is the absolute worst offender, as people hype him up so much. He has no chance to hit you, and was even weaker than Iudex Gundyr because his attacks are far more precise, making them easier to dodge, and don't clog up the screen like the abyss snake. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>338351964
silver lining is that you can actually get a +9 weapon even before you hit undead settlement and kill vordt possibly in a single hit
>>
>Tfw friends tell me that pontiff is really hard
>Beat him without dying
>Same friends told me i'd have no trouble with dancer
>Die to her like 5 times
>Those fucking attacks where she looks like she's going to swing but swings a second or 2 late
Fuck that man.
>>
>>338352247
most of dancer's attacks can easily evaded if you actually roll or sprint away from her

her leap and long range fire poke is so easy to deal with compared to her slash spam
>>
>>338352474
>most of dancer's attacks can easily evaded if you actually roll or sprint away from her
>from

You should be rolling into her honestly
>>
Swordmaster glitch works on every npc summon btw

It makes Oceiros, Twin Princes, Dragonslayer Armor and even Champ a piece of cake for Twinker builds, all you have to really worry about is Pontiff (just parry and use Hollowslayer) and Aldrich (Cholry ring and Grass Shield with Hollowslayer).

Only downside is if you aren't careful you fuck up sidequests. You will not believe how many twinkers are invading High Wall with SL9-18 Hosts by some faggot with Exploding Bolts and Avelyn, it's getting out of control.
>>
>>338340427
He's right though. From writes patch notes that are so retarded that they might not aswell write them.

>we changed some stuff
Is what most of the balancing changes come down to.
>>
>>338352514
i didnt invest too much on endurance so didnt have that much stamina to keep iframing her attacks and attacking between them

keeping distance was my way to bear with a low stamina bar and it worked well in the end
>>
>Moonlight GS is nerfed

Why? I've never used it, but surely it wasn't overpowered. How are large weapons getting nerfed and estoc/rapiers aren't?
>>
>>338352667
The patch notes are cryptic to be consistent with the souls atmosphere and lore, retard
>>
FIX DARKMOON. FIX IT! FIX IT YOU FUCKERS!! YOU CANNOT EVEN USE THE FAMILY SHARE WORKAROUND ON PS4/XBOX. THIS IS ABSURD.
>>
>>338352972
>patch notes are cryptic to be consistent with atmosphere and lore
>we have updated the VIDEOGAME you're playing over the INTERNET, but we wrote it in a way so that it doesn't kill your immersion and fits the lore

That has to be the most retarded thing I've heard on /v/ in a while.
>>
>>338352891
did it get nerfed?
im looking at it and it seems they buffed scaling from int while lowering scaling from dex and str
>>
>>338353179
I'm looking at the Reddit thread someone linked and it has less AR/scaled AR on a dude with 14/16/60 stats.
>>
>>338353271
>1.06
>242 +129
>1.07
>238 +203

the bonus damage went up from 129 to 203
while base damage was only slightly tweaked

so i can assume the scaling got buffed
am even reading these things right?
>>
>>338353531
Oh you're right. I didn't read the second number in each version for some reason. Not even sure what they imply since I've never used the weapon in 3.
>>
>>338345249
This is why I played through once and haven't touched it again since despite having played hours of bloodborne.

I'll come back when poise actually gets fixed
>>
Can we all agree that the Curse-rotted Tree is the worst boss in the game? It's not difficult or dangerous, but tedious and boring at the point of the game you find it at.
>>
File: Kiriya Aoi - 00048.jpg (157 KB, 837x810) Image search: [Google]
Kiriya Aoi - 00048.jpg
157 KB, 837x810
What's the minimum VIT needed to fat roll in a full Havel's with Havel shield, Dragon Tooth, and a talisman/chime for GMB?
>>
>>338355253
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3

do your own work faggot
>>
Whatevs, I'm done with the game until both DLCs are out.
>>
For anyone on PS4, did they fix the performance issues 1.06 caused?
>>
>>338345960
>>Sword Master glitch still works
Literally a feature.
Dancer uses blades.
Read his item descriptions.
>>
>>338354132
>got summoned for that boss
>host has three phantoms and keeps rolling in circles on the other side of boss arena
>the few times he attacks he hits the bark and does no damage
>boss is 2/3rds dead and the host doesnt even know how to damage it
I did the collapse gesture and BC'd out. Shittiest summon ive ever had
>>
>>338348813
one handed roll attack with scythes comes out crazy fast compared to the rest of its moveset, really good for catching people at the end of a roll.
>>
>>338351505

dunno

most people I know played through it 3-4 times including myself because of how much we enjoyed it.

and i'm the type of person who never replays a SP.

consider souls isn't for you.
>>
>>338356163
But it works for every npc.
>>
They re-wrote the lore in this patch.

Looks like they removed the lord of cinder and replaced them with the lords of cider.

Makes more sense looking at the world around us and who wrote the lore.
>>
File: 4915732400644.jpg (28 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
4915732400644.jpg
28 KB, 640x640
>>338340330
Do the fps still drop like shit?
>>
File: 1461598473536.jpg (37 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
1461598473536.jpg
37 KB, 177x278
>>338356310
>Helping people kill Nameless King
>Host does nothing first phase
>Runs away at the start of the second phase
>Host never attacks a single time
>Felt dirty killing NK for him

Luckily that only happened 1 time out of about 40 times I've helped. Quite a bit of the hosts did very little but they were at least trying.
>>
They replaced the lords of cinder with anime?
>>
>>338356567
Fugg.
>>
>>338356927

only if you're a console pleb.
>>
>>338351519
>stamina cost increase
Wow, I didn't use it specifically because the stamina cost on it made it a garbage weapon for anything but one-shotting with ripostes compared to other STR weapons. Guess I'll definitely never be touching it again.
>>
>>338345914
>dragonslayer got buffed
my fucking dick, that is my main weapon.
>>
File: 1460118797775.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460118797775.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
>>338340330
>tfw torrent
>>
>>338348575
Absolutely, just get the fap ring.
>>
>>338357121
Yeah I don't get why they increase the stamina cost when it already is the most stamina heavy weapon in the entire game. They need to nerf Estoc instead so you can't poke 10 times in a row with 1 bar of stamina
>>
>>338357714
The fap ring is leagues worse than the chain at every level.
It's only good until level 70 because above that is when you start butting up against the softcaps of VIT, END, VGR, and you chosen attack stat anyway.
>>
Gotthard twinswords are the only things i was expecting to be nerfed. PvP is full of these faggots that spam roll+r1 that hits you from miles and that spin2win shit that kills you in one fucking combo.
>>
>>338358068
Playing on PS4 but I literally never see them, it's all about katanas here.
>>
>>338347252
The chain is worth it only if you're planning on staying low enough that you can't have 27 vigor and can't fastroll without the equip load bonus.
>>
>>338358068
literally just parry them. every time I see some faggot in a fc buff them all they do is roll attack, and then they get parried on their first attack and either die or run away and heal because they can't believe someone is better than them
>>
>>338340427

this.

"NUKES LOL, RACISM AND NUEKS IS FUNY!"

saying shit you think will make someone mad is not comedy
>>
>>338358249
There's actually a school of thought in academia in Japan that the nukes, or more precisely, losing WWII so fucking badly, broke them as a nation.
>>
>>338340330
i dont mean this as an excuse for leaving information out but just a fun thought

does From leave patch notes vague cause they want you to discover it in game? similar to dark souls itself?

they know the fans are going to throw it on the wiki like 15 minutes after the patch is out.
>>
>>338341221
>>nerfed BKGA
lel they had to nerf it in dks1 too
why the fuck does from always make that weapon so OP?
>>
>>338358526
Gong by how good the coding practices seem to be elsewhere it's far more likely they just don't care to put out more than the bare minimum required by business practice.
>>
>>338350993
Same with pure faith. Super fucking effective in 2 before being nerfed, and now nearly useless outside utility miracles.
>>
>>338346583
you can summon katana npc near firelink shrine if you killed it from front of boreal dog boss fog and let it kill dancer boss that grants enough souls to get instantly 30sl
>>
>>338358960
>play faith build
>hear it's shit
>mfw beat everything with a lightning estoc/blessed rapier + tears of denial without dying more than 5 times

wew lad, made nameless king my bitch
>>
>>338341181
Have you seen ArmA's Patchnotes? These guys even make 'taking a shit' a note.
>>
So if you pick up more Storm Rulers every playthrough (2 each time) is there any way to actually discard them?

Its like the ultimate troll. Pick up loot, can't sell or drop. Storage will be full of them.
>>
>>338350276
probably because on how pyromancy works now

some pyro spells only require only int or only faith to cast
while some requires both

i guess they did it that way to even out the variety of spells available for your stat investment
>>
>>338351505
I hate that all the good weapons are locked behind the late-game. At least in DS1 and 2 I can skip or choose which way to go first and get the weapons I need for a build.
>>
>>338359139
The actual lightning spears aren't worth a damn damage-wise, and only do the full amount at point blank.
>>
>>338359451
true, i used lightning steak because of that it's pretty good
>>
File: 2ds2.png (17 KB, 954x471) Image search: [Google]
2ds2.png
17 KB, 954x471
Am I a retard for liking the morning star?
Bleed is so good.
>>
>>338359451
Isn't a PVP build using a talisman WA for the infinipoise and getting a spear or a stake out point-blank?
>>
>>338356936
Why not just lure king to the fag host and refuse to help until he did something?
>>
>>338359558
Mace weapons are best weapons.
>>
>>338359558
If you like it, you like it.
They make these games so you can pick a favourite weapon and stick with it.
>>
>>338359451
>do the full amount at point blank
lightning spear have damage falloff?

thats nuts
>>
>>338359692
I like hammers, but most of the hammers in DaS3 look shit.

Mace, great wooden hammer and morning star are the only decent looking.
>>
>>338359209
I fucking love reading those. Get a refill on my water, snuggle in a blanket and then I know what I'm doing for the next few hours.
>>
>>338358129
Same on ps4 i stopped at sl90 and there are many of them
>>338358232
It's not that easy cause r1 is quite fast to parry and the stunlock last enough time to make them do the spinning attack and fuck you up. I'll try tho
>>
Im also pretty sure they improved the concords drop rate. They've been dropping more from the knights since the patch came out
>>
>>338348081
Why would they nerf darkdrift... It was shit enough to begin with
>>
File: 1323551080309.png (34 KB, 172x166) Image search: [Google]
1323551080309.png
34 KB, 172x166
Why are thief and cleric so shit?
>>
>>338359748
They don't. They do an extra amount of damage at melee range.
>>
File: 1431817188174.gif (99 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1431817188174.gif
99 KB, 250x250
>"Aim carefully, and pierce with a large forward lunge. The unseen blade penetrates straight through shields, for nothing can defend from Darkdrift."
>>
>>338360493
Too lucky for their own good
>>
>>338349660
Sorc is fucking easy mode even in DaS3.

>Dusk Crown
>Young Dragoncrest
>Bellowing Dragoncrest
>Sage Ring
>Magic Clutch
>Sorcerer's Staff (upgraded to Court version at 54 INT)
>Crystal Sage rapier for up close PVP encounters
>Scholar's Candlestick offhand
>Crystal Soul Spear, Great Heavy Soul Arrow and Soul Stream will tear through anything doing over 1K damage

The only hard part of a Sorc build is the early game before Crystal Sage's. They can comfortably fit into the SL80-99 meta.
>>
SPAMMING L1 IN PLACE OF GESTURING OR USING WOOD CARVINGS IS THE LITERAL HIGHEST FORM OF CANCER

SPAMMING L1 IN PLACE OF GESTURING OR USING WOOD CARVINGS IS THE LITERAL HIGHEST FORM OF CANCER

>>
>>338360910
420 smoke cancer everday
>>
>>338360820
You don't get access to everything you've mentioned until halfway through the game.
So you get to go through the first half of the game gimped and you get to shoot the same boring projectiles in the second half because there are no interesting new spells.
Except for the lazerbeam, haven't used that one and it looks cool.
>>
>>338360910
No it's not, it's quite tolerable
>>
>>338360910
Are you seriously, actually mad about this?
What the actual fuck, man?
>>
>>338354132
Some builds just cannot handle Curse-Rotted when you first get to it. Pyro/Sorc/Fai builds are crushed by that giant faggot.
>>
>>338361029
Farron Flashsword is pretty cool, though in the end it's just straight sword in magic form.
>>
>>338361045
No. It's the laziest thing you can possibly do. It's like speaking in chat speak

L1 as a form of communication is like speaking in hyper abbreviated chatroom garbage like " u r dum" or " ty"
>>
>>338361151
Oh yeah I forgot about that.
I forgot about it because it looks cool, but it is pretty shit. DaS3 really has a lack of sorceries.
>>
>>338361114
>buff rapier with fire resin
>ezmode poking his ballsacks to death
>rinse and repeat
seriously, any build can do this and it's easy as fuck. are you all just not getting all the sacks down and wasting time fighting the hand?
>>
>>338361221
One of the hands has a sack.
>>
>>338351750
sword master glitch works on every NPC btw

dark souls 3 easymode is here
>>
>>338360910
>not using Scimitar off hand parry
>>
>>338361290
Dark souls easymode was always there. It's called summoning.
>>
What changed about the Crescent Axe?

I never really saw it as powerful, even if I like using it.
>>
>>338361168
2bh spamming L1 probably takes more effort than back+a in terms of energy consumption.
>>
File: 1463187707264.png (47 KB, 792x570) Image search: [Google]
1463187707264.png
47 KB, 792x570
>mfw moonlight greatsword buff

I knew it would pay off to stick to my favorite weapon.

Still some changes are fucking retarded as fuck but guess we have the DEXfags to blame
>>
>>338361338
They meant the Black Knight Great Axe, so its just From being objectively wrong and not knowing what the fuck they are doing again.
>>
>>338361259
You don't need to hit all the sacks to kill the boss.

Some sacks come back as well.
Or you can hit his actual hand.

It's a very shit and easy boss and everyone can take it on because it takes no investment to use melee weapons.
>>
>>338361319

>summon anon69
>dies the first hit to the boss
>edgy anon dies 3 hits later
>anime anon dies 7 hits later

wow phantoms, great moves, keep it up
>>
>>338357731
>They need to nerf Estoc instead so you can't poke 10 times in a row with 1 bar of stamina
No, they just need to make poise work. You dont make a game better by nerfing things that work as they should, you do it by buffing things that dont.
>>
>>338361151
Farron flashsword makes me sad since it reminds me I was able to cast soul greatsword as fast as it in early dark souls 2 patches.
>>
>>338361417

Every time i summon a phantom and he dies to the boss i throw the ''very good'' thingies
>>
>>338361417
Sometimes you get shit summons, but are you implying summoning doesn't trivialize the vast majority of bosses?
>>
>>338361029
The only things you can't bumrush in the early game is the Candlestick, Bellowing Ring and Crystal Soul Spear/Soul Stream.

Everything else you can get by just killing Vordt and running straight from the first bonfire of Settlement to Crucifixion Woods/Farron Keep. You don't even need to fight anything. Just run in a straight path and collect everything you need. Then go back to the early game with a Sorc that actually has good damage and decent spells since you freed Orbeck and would have picked up the 2 scrolls near him.
>>
File: poise will fix DaS 3 they say.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
poise will fix DaS 3 they say.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>338361418
and then you'll have people wearing full Havels using Estoc to poke while eating the nerfed BKGA in the face without flinching
>>
>>338361475
I agree, but bosses get a lot more health in this game from summons. I reckon more than DS1 or 2.
>>
>>338361475
Well on my SL60 ng+2 all the summons i got so far die in 1 or 2 hits.... but yeah it does make it easier not going to deny that just saying that most of them are shit
>>
>>338361417
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c
>>
What is the best taunt after you dumpster a group of ganking scrubs?
>throwing dung pie on their corpse
>Patches Squat teabagging
>Aural Decoy spam
Anyone got any other good ones? Simple gestures need not apply, everyone and their mother uses Applause or Call Over after a fight.
>>
>>338361519
That wasn't poise' fault. That was shitty netcode and the host being a fucking retard.
>>
>>338361587
Spin in circles with your firsts out.
>>
>>338361114
I still think Curse Rotted Greatwood is the worst fight in the entire fucking series. So many things wrong with it. fuck the lock on being useless, fuck the helpers, and fuck how it screws some builds.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 63

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.