[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10
File: LoH_Sen_no_Kiseki_cover.jpg (152 KB, 250x292) Image search: [Google]
LoH_Sen_no_Kiseki_cover.jpg
152 KB, 250x292
What does /v/ think of this game?
>>
>>338339572
It was fun. Can't wait for the sequel
>>
ToCS is seriously one of my favorite vita games. Solid 8/10, hoping that the third one gets confirmed for localization soon.
>>
>>338339740
>>338339742
I was hoping for these responses, I'm charging my vita right now and I just got it for $40 and was wondering if I made a mistake, they gave me the collector's box and everything.
>>
>>338339572
Edgy name, fun game.
>>
>>338339572
Just picked up the Lionheart Edition recently. It surprised me how fun it is, reminds me a lot of Ps2 JRPGS back in the day.
>>
Pretty lazy copy of the Persona formula.

Fun though if you don't mind the cringy stereotype bullshit.
>>
File: well what is it.jpg (26 KB, 212x208) Image search: [Google]
well what is it.jpg
26 KB, 212x208
+Skip animation makes turn base gameplay much more bearable
- Dumbed down Quartz system
- 1 dimensional character with 0 development
>muh workaholic mom
>muh sword
>muh sleep
>muh secrets
>muh nobles
>muh plebs
>muh music
>muh wind
>muh foundation for future
>>
>>338339572
Nice image Mr. Ant
>>
Bought it expecting very little considering it got slated for being different/worse than Tits, but its a great game. It's a traditional JRPG with fast-paced combat and likeable characters. There's probably going to be a part at the beginning where anyone might think "uh-oh, it's going to be a shitty, generic anime JRPG", but the world, the characters, skill system and gameplay all combine to make it pretty fun and worthwhile.
>>
File: remove towa.png (290 KB, 275x857) Image search: [Google]
remove towa.png
290 KB, 275x857
worst girl
>>
>>338339572
I was going to get it until they told me there was no romance.
>>
>>338339981
The quartz system isn't exactly dumbed down, it's just different. The system from the other Trails games made it so you could access pretty strong spells from an early point, and then ended up continuing to use them for most of the game. That was a flawed system. At least in these games you're always finding new skills as you progress, sort of like FF7.
>>
Help me bros, I need to pick a waifu for this game. Right now I'm tossing it up between Emma and Laura. Is Instructor Sara a viable romance option too?

Alisa worst girl.
>>
File: 1450955233087.png (518 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
1450955233087.png
518 KB, 600x960
>>338339572

I just beat it recently and I would have done a few things differently with regards to the ending but I enjoyed it.

Really they should have ended with the concert to give some closure and then opened game two with the robo fight

can't wait for the sequel though
>>
>>338341445
>responding to le dumbed down maymay
>>
File: Towa_herschel_sen2.jpg (87 KB, 584x1000) Image search: [Google]
Towa_herschel_sen2.jpg
87 KB, 584x1000
Best girl coming through
>>
File: 1452231368278.jpg (94 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
1452231368278.jpg
94 KB, 500x651
>>338341549
Crow is the canon waifu, faggot.
>>
>>338341854

she looks like she's gonna hurt herself with that
>>
>>338341445
but you'll also gain access to new spells in the old system as you get better quartz that give you higher Sepith count
>>
File: aniki49.jpg (15 KB, 506x404) Image search: [Google]
aniki49.jpg
15 KB, 506x404
>>338339572
I was kinda iffy about this game when I first got it and the first impression didn't impressed me too much, and like holy hell it started off with some of the most cliched shit too. But the combat system and the skill system was fun as hell. Like I honestly came back to this game more and more compared to any other JRPGs I owned. Pretty damn hard too.

Speaking of which, how do I deal with the three Pit Demons in the 3rd floor of the old school dungeon? Like those fucks keeps on getting around two eye lasers in the beginning of the battle and that is guaranteed to kill like two people.
>>
>>338339572
Good game, but not as good as Tits
>>
>>338341938
Far fewer though. For example, you can get a really powerful, efficient spell (white gehenna) not very far into the game and end up using it for most of the rest of the game
>>
>>338341938
That's true to a degree, but you can have Olivert casting Zodiac and everyone else toting around heavy nukes and support from very early in SC because the old quartz system is so generous. FC is only marginally less abusable, but Aerial and Joshua spamming edge magic will still carry you through the entire game.
>>338342001
Focus fire and have S-crafts ready to take out one of them at the beginning. Use support crafts from the others.
>>
>>338339572
babies first anime
>>
>>338342797
and so magic is nerfed. Not like that makes the game deeper. You spam 200 CP Domion Vermillion Critical double attack buff sleep status on enemy boosted Scraft instead. One meta changed to another meta on an easy game.
>>
>>338343163
Pretty sure you aren't doing that for the entire game unless you cheated or are playing ng+. The criticism of the old system, however, is valid for 95% of the play time the first time through.
>>
File: Coldsteel.png (48 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
Coldsteel.png
48 KB, 780x770
>>338339572
>>
Finally Xanadu next release window in summer.
And xseed has begun translation on tc.
>>
File: estelle.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
estelle.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
Estelle's game was better.
>>
>>338347149
Yeah, she rules.
>>
Localized by XSeed so no buy.
>>
I hate the school setting and think it is some of the laziest shit jrpgs can do since Persona got popular, but liked the game a lot despite it.

TITS was better though for sure.
>>
>>338347825
Agreed, can't wait for third chapter
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-16-05h07m48s166.png (796 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-16-05h07m48s166.png
796 KB, 1280x720
Falgaku new chapter soon, fellow Falcomjer
>>
>>338347825
I pray to god the Calvard games aren't set in some samurai kungfu school.
>>
>>338339572
I can't deal with the shitty high school anime tropes in a fucking military school game.

I tried for hours, but I just can't fucking do it.

Sky had it's less then great moments but Estelle never hated Joshua for a chapter due to some ***wacky*** pointless misunderstanding.
>>
>>338350485
That's dumb, but at least they openly acknowledge it. The school festival is much more annoyingly Japanese, and nobody calls attention to how out of place it is.
At least they let you flirt with Jusis.
>>
I think the military school was a decent twist though it still rather high school life. The variouys subplots were done well enough that I enjoyed going to talked to the npcs ever change.

Quartz system isn't any better or worse. It was easy in FC and SC to get over powered. I only had trouble at the start of both and once you get some quartz you just own everything. Cold Steel is no different. Rean is busted with how much delay you can inflict.

I'm leaning towards Sara cause cake, she's by far the most interesting of the girls. Fie is too quiet to care about. Laura is pretty good and gets decent development. Emma is nice but gets no development untill 2nd game I believe.

Alisa... was a bitch at the start of the game then then chilled for a while. Nord highlands gave her some background and that was ok. But I'm in chapter 6 and I've grown tired of her making every little comment agansit Rean that he's thinking with his dick constantly. Do you want attention girl or are you just going to get pissed cause other women exist besides you and guys have natural urges?

Mommy issues are understandable since her mom is a hearltess bitch, yada yada husband died yara yada yada, but it's the constant little bitching abuot the little things that grinds her likeablility down. Aidios forbid you look at girls like any guy normally would. Alisa is you're hot enough to fuck but I wouldn't want anything to do with you afterwards.

It's been veryenjoyable otherwise and looking foward to 3rd and SC2.
>>
I haven't played it for 3 reasons.

1. It's set after the Trails in the Sky, Zero,etc games and I don't like playing story games out of order.
2. The graphics are ugly as fuck. Falcom should not do 3D graphics.
3. Everyone is a highschool student, that's garbage.
>>
>>338352282
You can also add it being a shitty harem to that list.
>>
>>338339572
Holy Shit this game is comfy as fuck. 11 hours and I'm just on the second day of Chapter 2. I was talking to NPCs and didn't even realise 90min past.
>>
>>338353083
But it isn't.
>>
>>338352282
>Implying trails sky, zero, ao and Ys aren't 3D
How are the graphics ugly?
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.