[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Combat Evolved actually considered hard, or do I just suck at FPSs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Is Combat Evolved actually considered hard, or do I just suck at FPSs?
>>
Are you talking about the single player? Because 5 year old kids can beat it, on normal, at least.

Legendary is a little hard at parts, but any other difficulty is easy as hell.
>>
Depends what difficulty you are on.

It's nothing compared to Halo 2 on it's highest difficulty though; halo 2 legendary is just pure bullshit
>>
Legendary has some hard parts, mostly the vehicle levels.
>>
File: Jackal_Sniper.jpg (145 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Jackal_Sniper.jpg
145 KB, 640x480
>>338335083
AYY HOL UP
>>
>>338333972
It's been a while since I played it, but I don't really remember struggling at all on the standard difficulty. I had more trouble dealing with the shitty copy-paste textures and bland areas getting me lost (though this was the Anniversary version, not sure if the original is any better about this). Cliffhanger ending aside, Halo 2 is better in every way.
>>
Halo feels great on Heroic. Legendary can be challenging in a few spots as things are tipped in the enemies' favor. Also it had the least amount of bullet magnetism/auto aim in the series.

>>338335083
>>338335362
The very definition of artificial difficulty.
>>
>>338335362
>everyone loved the chaingunners from doom 2
>let's take them and make them kill you in one shot
>>
>>338335839
>I had more trouble dealing with the shitty copy-paste textures and bland areas getting me lost (though this was the Anniversary version, not sure if the original is any better about this)

If anything it's worse in that regard in the original. People praise CE but it has really bad issues when it comes to being repetitive.
>>
>>338336045
I won't argue that it gets repetitive after the Flood reveal, but the good missions it has are the best in the series.
>>
>>338335913
>>338335362
>>338335083
>tfw I was actually doing well in the infamous Outskirts Jackal sniper hallway on legendary when this bullshit happened

>>338336223
I'd disagree. The only mission it has that i'd put in the top 10 of the franchise is Silent Cartographer, and even then The Covenant from 3 is pretty much a better version of it and SC still suffers from the "repeitive indoor areas, too wide open outdoor areas" issue CE has.

It's not a bad game by any means but it's certainly the most flawed in the series as far as SP goes
>>
>>338336446
The Covenant is overrated, and only loved for its double Scarab fight.
>>
>>338336550
Nah, I love it for everything

>Beach landfall like SC, starting with a spartan laser
>solid outdoor vehicle section followed by a solid indoor section, again like SC with the same sort of environments
>Followed up with the biggest areal battle the franchise has ever seen
>assualitng a base with elites as allies
>mini boss battles against the brute packs and cheiftans
>fucking flood flying through the windows
>classic halo tank run
>then the dual scarab battle
>finally the assault on truth with the flood as allies
>"And so, you must be silenced"

It has everything you could possibily want and more in a halo mission
>>
File: hhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg (1 MB, 1680x2583) Image search: [Google]
hhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
1 MB, 1680x2583
>>338336446
>going down Jackal street
>ever
>>
>>338336843
I wanted to beat the level legit without using the rooftops
>>
>>338336045
>>338336223

The game reuses half of its levels. On one hand that seems lazy as fuck but then you get to see how the flood royally fucked everything which is super cool. Also the flood reveal blew me the fuck away.

>>338336446
>that fucking webm
Man I memorized where those fucks were to the point i knew them better than my own phone number. Plasma pistol/BR 4 lyfe (did that hsit before it was cool for MP. Old carry over from doing CE legendary with PP/pistol)
>>
>>338336968
nigga, take the side streets.
>>
>>338337056
>Man I memorized where those fucks were to the point i knew them better than my own phone number.

If you watched, so did I. I checked to make sure I got the one on the side roof, didn't see it, so went for one of the ones in the blown up building in the dark areas before I had to bail out and my fucking marine teamkilled me with a ricochet shot to my foot
>>
>>338337248
Sorry didn't mean to imply that. Was laughing at that beautiful classic halo bullshittery and forgot how to english coherently.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.