[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Divinity Original Sin/Divinity Original Sin 2 Hype thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: Divinity_Original_Sin_cover.png (210 KB, 280x375) Image search: [Google]
Divinity_Original_Sin_cover.png
210 KB, 280x375
Let's be honest here, this is objectively the greatest turn-based RPG of all time. Debate me.
>>
>>338330508
Bump btw
>>
>>338330508

Story is shit which takes away immersion which it bad for a crpg. That said, I can't wait for 2 since they acknowledged the story was the worst part.
>>
As far as the combat goes, I'd agree. The world interaction is great too. Writing was mediocre as fuck though and the level design wasn't particularly great. I'm looking forward to the sequel but they keep focusing on their shitty multiplayer instead of just trying to make a good single player game, its like Paradox with their grand strategy games.
>>
>>338330508
dialogue is cringeworthy and not a great story, totally takes the immersion out for me.
>>
The story and dialogue being bad make Cyseal fucking hell.
Whenever i think of playing it again i remember having to go through there early on and just give up.
>>
>>338330508
I hate how the EE limits your skills. It makes the classless system feel more restricted than any D&D game. Also the itemization is absolute garbage.
>>
ToEE has better combat and almost any RPG has better plot, still pretty good tho
>>
>>338330508
Combat, level design, character design, graphics all make for wonderful immersion. I have to say the story may have been lacking versus many DnD stories, that you cannot deny. However, as far as turn-based RPGs go, the story is still very fun, light-hearted/competitive, and enjoyable enough. I don't know about EE, though, I just bought it recently. What's so bad about EE?

>>338331032
>>
>>338330508
Darkest Dungeon, m8.
>>
Shoot fire and poison at stuff simulator.
>>
>>338331508
Limits your skills heavily and restricts the spells you can get to multiple tiers meaning if you want to play some sort of cleric you'll really just end up some weird melee water mage fighter hybrid because you have to heavily invest in hydrosophist for the higher spells.
>>
>>338331575
That's not an RPG you massive fucking autist
>>
File: 1462749277309.jpg (142 KB, 720x488) Image search: [Google]
1462749277309.jpg
142 KB, 720x488
>>338330508
Too much talking and roaming around town in the beginning, not enough fighting monsters. If I want that garbage I'll play a fucking Zelda title
>>
File: objectively.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
objectively.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
>>338330508
Nah
>>
>>338332246
As much as I love combat, I enjoy the talking in town. I actually believe that dialogue makes the game, and if I want to endlessly fight monsters I would play Diablo or an MMO. RPG games with friends are about exploring a story, joking around, and mostly just having fun. I don't find it fun to just kill endless wave of monster after monster without backstory being established properly. I don't even see how you guys can shit talk the story/lack of killing monsters. The story could have improved but it was better, arguably of course, than any RPG I've played outside of ones that mechanically are lacking.
>>
>>338332246
>Zelda games have much talking
Literal ADHD
>>
Bump for GOAT RPG
>>
>>338330508
Wolgriff is best companion
>>
File: 8qblYFN.gif (1 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
8qblYFN.gif
1 MB, 250x141
So how exactly do you do sneak attacks/backstabs?

I keep setting things up the way I think it works but I never get any extra damage. How does this work? I have gone through the entire game with no stealth based characters.
>>
>>338330508
It pains me OS2 won't be coming to Ps4. The console sales were abysmal, so I doubt they'll want to waste money porting it. Just don't have the dosh to build a PC because moving to a different state soon.
>>
>>338335164
Did it really not sell well? I thought it would have pretty broad appeal, especially since there are almost no decent RPGs out for the new consoles.
>>
>>338331890
But that's exactly how it was before EE?
>>
>>338330508
More like overhyped
>>
A friend and I have put in a good thirty hours in co-op. I think we got to where the witch has her home in the forest, but we haven't touched the game in about a year. Cyseal is a shit.
>>
>>338330924
I've twice tried to replay it and ran into the same problem.
>>
CC - THE GAME
>>
>>338334709
You sneak up behind them and then click on them when the backstab icon shows up.
>>
>>338330508
A lot of the mechanics are neat, but I don't like the limited numbers of classes. Moreover, most parties are pretty much just "magic" or "not magic" because magic is so important in the game.

Playing through the first areas of the game without magic is just kind of hard mode.
>>
Is it also planned on consoles?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.