[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you know Mega Man X isn't Mega Man 10? And Final
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: I don't understand.jpg (10 KB, 250x245) Image search: [Google]
I don't understand.jpg
10 KB, 250x245
How do you know Mega Man X isn't Mega Man 10?
And Final Fantasy 10 isn't Final Fantasy EX?
>>
Because the X in X doesn't stand for 10.
>>
>>338324570

But the X in Final Fantasy X stands for 10.
Why doesn't it stand for 10 in Mega Man X?
>>
>>338324629
Because it just fucking DOESN'T.
>>
>>338324629
Because it says so in the game.
>>
Because Mega Man X was released between 6 and 7 at the time, and for the longest time, the series only ever went up to 8.
>>
File: Ryu 2.jpg (89 KB, 1280x667) Image search: [Google]
Ryu 2.jpg
89 KB, 1280x667
How can 'X' mean EX and 10 at the same time?
>>
>>338324468
Because whenever i put in any of those four games i get a different game then the other three.
>>
Because you have gallons of semen dripping out of your tight boyhole.
>>
>>338324468
>>338324570
>>338324629
Final Fantasy X came out the year after IX (9), and the year before XI (11), making X logically 10. Meanwhile, Mega Man X came out after Mega Man VII, skipping VIII and IX. It was confirmed that it was a seperate series with X2, X3, and the later sequels.
>>
Reminder that Ringo doesn't actually exist. She was just part of MC's dream
>>
>>338324629
Because there is an actual Mega Man 10
>>
>>338324468
The main character in megaman x is named "x".

Every single final fantasy up to that point was numbered except mystic quest, rebranding of seiken densetsu, and probably spinoffs that I have not mentioned. Though if you were fresh into gaming or megaman/final fantasy, I could see a small amount of confusion.
>>
>>338324468
Mega Man 10 exists, it's part of the classic series. Also 'Mega Man' in Mega Man X is just called X, hence the title of the game.
>>
>>338324468
Final Fantasy games have always had Roman numerals for their numbers, ie Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VII, etc., so it follows that Final Fantasy 10 would be written as Final Fantasy X. It is also the 10th installment in the main series, lending further credence to the X = 10 concept.

Mega Man, on the other hand, did switch between standard numbers and Roman numerals, with standard numbers on the box and Roman numerals on the in-game title screens. Mega Man X is written as such on both the box art and the title screen, which supports the idea that the X is, in fact, the letter X, and not a representation for 10. Mega Man X was also not the 10th entry in the main series, so reading the X as 10 really doesn't make a lot of sense. Add to that the fact that Mega Man in Mega Man X is simply referred to as X, and you have a lot of strong evidence to support the title being X, not 10.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.