[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Boss does scripted attacks on a timer >Boss does scripted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 32
File: FFXIV_PS4Box.jpg (72 KB, 518x658) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_PS4Box.jpg
72 KB, 518x658
>Boss does scripted attacks on a timer
>Boss does scripted move at 80% HP
>Boss enrages after a certain amount of time

Why do all MMOs follow this boring Boss design?
>>
because stupid fucks like you keep buying them
>>
I blame WoW
>>
do you have any other boss design examles besides anything you already have here?
>>
>Boss instakills the healer for not DPSing
>>
>>338322120
Dark souls bosses
>>
by design it could be boring but execution could be exciting and intense

Titan XL is the "hardest" boss in an mmo i've ever fought, even after you've learnt the fight it still requires precision in all your movement to stay alive because there are so many one hit KO abilities in the fight usually sending you flying off the platform and preventing you from being rezzed.
unless your the tank in which case like every other titan mode it's braindead easy besides getting the adds into position.

still waiting on a dirty mmo boss though, like give him 5 phases that he switches between randomly every 10 seconds
>>
File: image.png (329 KB, 595x335) Image search: [Google]
image.png
329 KB, 595x335
>>338321905
Because it just works.
>>
File: 49069290_p0.jpg (179 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
49069290_p0.jpg
179 KB, 1000x1000
>believe only extreme are timed
>wipe to normal/hard
The shitters in this game
>>
>wants an MMO with unscripted boss battles dependent on RNG
How can you not see how this is a bad idea?

>>338322473
Even your bosses in souls are scripted to do certain attacks in whatever form they are in and scripted for when they will turn into the next phase.
>>
>>338322473
>boss does random attacks from his attack pool every x seconds, sometimes more based on position of player

basically

>>338321905
>>Boss does scripted attacks on a timer

also see

>>Boss does scripted move at 80% HP
>>
There will never be a boss fight as good as Thordan EX
>>
>>338322743
no
>>
>>338322473
>circle strafe and roll to win
>>
>>338321905
Because all MMOs are shit and you posted one of shittiest ones.
>>
Who buys a disc for a mmo
>>
>>338323459
I'd rather install from a disc than download from slow as shit Sony/SE servers.
>>
>>338321905
Name 1 game where the bosses do random shit all the time
>>
>>338323592
FFXI.
>>
>>338323163
yes
>>
>>338321905
>Everything scripted
>People still fuck up and hardly many groups have finished the hardest raid yet

Obviously something is working
>>
>>338323592
monster hunter
>>
>>338322113
This.

Themeparks are the cancer that is killing the MMO genre.
>>
How do I get more company seals?
No one is grinding FATEs any more.
>>
>>338324663
Roulettes as tank.
>>
>>338324663
Adventurer in need bonus
Turn in equipment you don't use to your Grand Company
Challenge/Hunting Log
>>
File: post-286-0-52705000-1392412365.png (793 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
post-286-0-52705000-1392412365.png
793 KB, 1000x1000
It's fucking hard to get 8 random people working together near flawlessly to be able to beat titan ex. Most will rage and quit after one attempt.
>>
>>338321905
There's literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>338325043
>>338324842
>Turn in equipment you don't use to your Grand Company
That takes like 15,000 seals to unlock.
I've done my hunt log, Grand Company Leves award fuck-all, and crafting turn-ins are worth like 10 seals for a HQ at my level.

And if I have to level a tank just to access vital in-game functions like hunting, without blowing 100 allowances and 5 hours of my life grinding GC leves, then that is some seriously shitty design.
>>
>>338327527
Welcome to FFXIV. Enjoy your ridiculous timesink.
>>
>>338321905
It took such a soulless robotic boss engagements like FF13 to have Japs be good at any video games. Not even Koreans could play at that level of autism.
>>
>>338327527
Like I said just do roulette, tanks get 2000-5000 from leveling since they're always in demand.
>>
>scripted attack
>scripted adds
>random attack out of a pool of 3
>scripted
>random
>scripted
>random phase - either a scripted add or scripted attack, but selection is random
>repeat

How hard is that to do, developers? Appease both sides equally.
>>
>>338328404
A couple of fights do some of this, but there are only about 5 of them in the entire game.
>>
Because if they're as hard as they are while knowing what it's going to do, when and where, making it do random things would make the fights pretty much impossible without heavily nerfing damage and removing all the one hit kill mechanics.
>>
File: AbsoluteVirtue.jpg (500 KB, 860x856) Image search: [Google]
AbsoluteVirtue.jpg
500 KB, 860x856
>>338322630
You rang?

>Spawns after killing a boss
>Has a shitton of health
>Spawns pets that blow themselves up in an aoe
>if you move outside of his attack range, he can pull you directly to his location instantly
>small aoe stun (3-4 seconds) that adds defense down
>Can remove any and all debuffs if it decides to use a particular attack
>Has access to every 2 hour (think like an "oh shit button" that each job can use once every RL 2 hours) in the game and can use them without the time restriction repeatedly
>Can "lock" him out of using a 2hr by having a player use the same 2hr within 3 seconds of him using his initial 2hr.
>Has access to meteor, huge fucking aoe magic damage
>Can cast instantly when used with chainspell
>enters a soft rage at 60% where his stats shoot up significantly

Once he enters rage mode he does a rotation that:
>calls out pets, buffs the shit out of them, and unlocks the pet's best attacks
>Goes invincible, heals up to full, then uses an attack that would normally kill the user to do damage in an aoe with damage being based on user's current HP
>Use a really strong ability 3 times that will oneshot anyone who isn't a tank or has some kind of defense set up in a row for the same resource cost of using that ability once
>Removes his spellcasting time, buffs his songs, and proceeds to buff the shit out of himself with super songs while simultaneously nuking the shit out of you with Tier V spells and Meteor with instacast.
>>
File: PandemoniumWarden.png (181 KB, 292x429) Image search: [Google]
PandemoniumWarden.png
181 KB, 292x429
>>338322630

>Have to fight a fuckton of high end monsters to build a popset for him
>Can turn into any of the 8 other monsters you had to fight to get to him complete with adds
>Has access to all of their abilities
>Once you beat one form, he turns into the next until you have defeated all 8 and all their adds
>turns into one final form where he uses an insta-fuckyou move every 25% that will murder the shit out of you unless you have mitigation planned every 25% and even then it's likely most people would die
>originally had no time limit so people would literally pass out and become physically sick fighting him for 18 hours at a time before they readjusted him with the level cap raise.

http://rukenshin.livejournal.com/17133.html
>>
>>338323592
GW1
>>
>>338328706
This doesn't even explain the bullshit of Absolute Virtue. Every strategy that people used to beat him got patched out. And after no one could beat him the 'right' way they had to release a guide to show players how it worked.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 225x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 225x288
>>338329814
Woah seriously? SE literally made a guide?

>>338329124
And fuck this boss. He was so overturned and badly designed he literally almost killed people irl. If that's not fucking insane I don't know what is.
>>
File: Blue_Mage_FFXI.jpg (311 KB, 832x1032) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Mage_FFXI.jpg
311 KB, 832x1032
>>338329124
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of me casting cannonball, faggot.
>>
>>338330142
Fuck man.

I'll never forget SA+Cannonball spam. Shit was hillarious.
>>
File: 1363073866855.jpg (124 KB, 750x948) Image search: [Google]
1363073866855.jpg
124 KB, 750x948
>>338330061
they made a video, which wasn't helpful at all.
>>
>>338330061
Here's the video in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NoWBtqNXWY

I think the point was to show that you could "lock" AV's two hours but it took the NA community awhile to catch on to that mechanic.

I remember talking to some people when the video came out who genuinely thought the secret was zooming in on the chatlog while you fought.

To be fair, it's really hard to piece that together from that video and I'm not even entirely sure that was the piece of information they were trying to convey.
>>
>>338330142
Blue Mage in FFXIV WHEN?
>>
>>338330795
>When blue mage
>When red mage
When I give a shit about the game again, thats when
>>
>>338330795
it's far too versatile of a job for the current state of MMOs.
>>
Also, former FFXIfags, does anyone know if they had ever revealed how treasure hunter actually worked?

My personal theory was that TH1 was boost in drop rates and TH2 gave you an extra "roll" for that drop. Anything past TH2 was a very minor (1~3%) increase in drop rate.

It used to drive me nuts when they bumped the TH with new gear and people would insist on the thief wailing on the monster to build TH12 and shit to not get the drop anyway after wasting like 10~15 extra minutes to get those procs up.
>>
>>338330795
Hope you like cast time based melee, because that's exactly what it will be.
>>
>>338321905
>Boss does scripted attacks on a timer
What is wrong with this?

>Boss does scripted move at 80% HP
Still nothing wrong with this

>Boss enrages after a certain amount of time
This is to prevent groups from cheesing an encounter by slowly chipping away at the boss's HP.
>>
>>338330963
Fuck this shit. If there's one thing I hate about FFXIV it's the strict adherence to the trinity.
>>
Guide shitter bait
>>
File: 1458273465862.png (540 KB, 696x887) Image search: [Google]
1458273465862.png
540 KB, 696x887
>>338330795
Never.

If they do add it, it will be Blue Mage in name only.

You might have to go fight monsters to learn the abilities, but because of XIV's class system Blu would always be a DPS at the end of the day. What's funny is they couldn't even really manage to make BLU's spells unique because of how little influence elemental affinity has. Their loadout would be like:

>magic spell 1
>red magic spell 1
>physical damage spell 1
>low damage high crit long recast spell
>blue magic spell that has a dot tied to it
>Magic spell 2
>physical damage spell 2
>thebestmagicattackandtheonlyoneyouwilleveruse spell 1
>thebestphysicalattackyouhaveunlessyouhavecappedcritrate attack 1

And then they'd give you abilities like crit up or dot damage up to make the older abilities viable in incredibly niche situations which will become obsolete due to powercreep.

You get the last two abilities near max level.

You get the trait that boosts dot damage before you get your two big endgame damage spells, making the trait almost useless.

In an effort to make BLU actually unique, they would make the magic spells actually function as magic with elements until they release a boss that has a hyperweakness to these BLU elemental skills as an oversight on enemy elemental resistance values.

And then it in an effort to rebalance it they give it a Gauss Barrel/Wanderer's to further homogenize caster jobs and remove variety.
>>
>>338331687
>You might have to go fight monsters to learn the abilities

Don't forget only when the class/job quest specifically sends you to fight them, so you'll learn abilities just like every other class and job. The best you'll get is more frequent quests.
>>
File: 1370982453884.gif (957 KB, 500x418) Image search: [Google]
1370982453884.gif
957 KB, 500x418
so this is a mediocre rhythm game, disguised as a MMORPG?
>>
>>338330795
Hopefully never. Since XIV hates taking risks unless it's in the form of shitty mini games you'll just be learning enemy skills through job quests every 5 levels and even if you could look for skills you'll be expected to have certain ones because
>muh meta
>>
>>338332086
Yes, any MMO that puts more weight on dodging shit and stacking on very specific spots at the right time rather than actually using your combat abilities, buffs and debuffs, etc. and reacting to random boss abilities, like an actual RPG, is shit.

99% the fights feel like you're fighting the arena rather than the actual boss and a lot of attacks are heavily disconnected from the actual boss, on top of attack markers being all over the fucking place.

Sure DPS and shit is still very important in XIV, but good luck surviving a fight if just one person steps one pixel off the right position for a specific scripted DDR mechanic.
>>
How do you make good RPG boss fights?
>>
Is FFXIV fun if you play solo? I just want a mindless timewaster because I'm a pathetic neet. I have over 500 days played in wow.
>>
Is it just me, but I've been playing this game for 2 months and every job "type" feels the same.

All healers: same
All melee dos: same
All casters (inclu. BRD+MCH): same.

There's like no point to level anything besides 1 of each, if even that many.
>>
File: thewutinthehat.jpg (51 KB, 329x475) Image search: [Google]
thewutinthehat.jpg
51 KB, 329x475
>>338332506
>Sure DPS and shit is still very important in XIV
even then I feel like I'm just essentially repeating the same 24 second string of inputs.
>>
>>338333065
That's because you are, I'm getting pretty sick of rotational gameplay in FFXIV but it's the only way to get good DPS and you have to follow one guys guide and do that til the end of time for every dungeon/trial/raid/etc
>>
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>338321905
>console
>mmo
>>
>>338332698
All jobs are homogenized as shit and HW just made it more obvious. If you've played once class type you've played all of them. There's little to no variation.

>>338333065
This too, once you get a "rotation" down, a fight will go down almost exactly the same every single time. Always the same opener, always the same shit to keep your skills and buffs going. Nothing really changes except for who gets targeted by which scripted mechanic and once you do a fight just a couple of times you'll have seen every single variation.
>>
>>338322120
Give players more versatility when fighting bosses (e.g. Dragons Dogma's climbing, flying, just the ability to attack from different angles), have bosses pop up much less often so that they're a rarity and something difficult to prepare for, and instead of scripted moves have the bosses attack based on location and your characters skillset.
>>
>>338323116
To me, Ser Janlenoux!
>>
>start playing XIV
>get to my first dungeon
>it's a huge sprawling cavern with pirates and wildlife
>lots of empty rooms to explore
>second dungeon has multiple paths and dead ends
>fast forward to 2.0 endgame and beyond
>straight line boss rush
>try Crystal Tower
>first dungeon has some puzzle mechanics half the population can't figure out
>every full raid after that is a 20 minute boss rush

The real question is why are MMO players so incapable of actually having to play their own game?
>>
>>338335064
I think because a lot of MMO combat systems are disconnected.
>>
>>338332696
Good god, that's just sad. If you had played on Feenix/Nostalrius/Kronos to waste away in WoW, it wouldn't have been as sad. No, nevermind that actually. Research what you want to do to contribute to society and feel actual meaning with the rest of your life and pursue it through education and experience, even if you're starting out volunteering. I can tell you right now, video games and anime all day every day for years with no real friends will ultimately destroy you inside.
>>
>>338324038
Sandbox MMOs are infinitely shittier.
>>
>>338322630
>unless your the tank in which case like every other titan mode it's braindead easy besides getting the adds into position.
>this is what shitters actually believe

Tanks have to do everything DPS does and more. Especially if you're solo tanking and pick up both of the adds while tanking Titan, dodging the bomb boulder patterns while avoiding Titan's 5-way landslide and each gaoler's individual 1-way landslide all while mitigating mountain busters.
>>
File: 1460926310416.png (235 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460926310416.png
235 KB, 500x500
>>338337312

>have to grab adds
>use defensive cooldowns for the fuckyou move

So, regular tank stuff that you should have been doing innately for the past 50 levels.

B R A I N D E A D

R

A

I

N

D

E

A

D

>>
>>338333417
>All jobs are homogenized as shit and HW just made it more obvious. If you've played once class type you've played all of them. There's little to no variation.

Why are people so obsessed with telling lies about FFXIV?
>>
>>338337024
MMOs that don't place the emphasis on the persistent world, don't even deserve to be called MMOs.
>>
>>338337894
Prove it wrong then, fuccboi.
>>
>>338337778
While maximizing DPS. While mitigating the damage of Titan and the gaolers, because he is still going to mountain buster you regardless of whether they're dead or alive. While dodging the double cross bomb pattern while he does his 5-way landslide while the gaolers each do their own landslides all around the exact same time.

Face it. Tanks have more responsibility and more work to do and put in than whatever it is you do that you think is more difficult and involved.
>>
File: 1402448406994.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1402448406994.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
>>338337894
please, do tell us about the time you had a DRG main heal, or a MNK tank, in FFXIV.
>>
>>338338063
Anyone who has played all of them will know you're full of shit. You didn't even list how you thought they were homogenized so my response of saying that you're wrong is just as valid as your accusation of them being homogenized with nothing to back it up.

The only homogenized part of the jobs is the cross-class skills that get shared, and that a lot of physical jobs rely on combos. Other than that they aren't similar at all.
>>
>>338338218
You still didn't prove anything wrong fuccboi.
>>
>>338338146
That has nothing do with homogenization. Not being able to specialize a job into a role it wasn't designed to be doesn't suddenly make things "not homogenized".

Also DRG and MNK play very differently from each other. So I'm not sure why you think a DRG needs to heal or a MNK needs to take for them to be different.

>>338338278
Yeah I did, because you didn't prove it right either, you shitposting liar faggot.
>>
>>338338327
Yet still no proof, fuccboi.
>>
>>338338376
I just gave examples retard. Glad to see you're just a shitposting dipshit with nothing to back up his lies that he parrots. If you had any sort of clue as to what you were talking about you'd be able to list ways in which they're homogenized. But they're not and you're a retard who is lying so you can't.
>>
>>338338512
Keep on dodging posting proof, fuccboi.
>>
>>338338559
You're retarded.
>>
>>338338327
>DRG and MNK play very differently from each other

>both have to keep their damage up buff at all times
>both have to keep their resistance down debuff at all
>both keep a Greased Lightning like buff at all times
>both have to always use their general buffs almost as soon as they're up
>both have to keep at least two DoTs up at all times
>both have positionals
>very differently

Sure thing buddy.
>>
>>338338645
Ok fuccboi.
>>
>>338321905

Great thread OP
>>
>>338321905
desu the EX Primal and Coil fights were the only part of the game I enjoyed. Everything else is pure absolute shit.

You could have bitched about the:
>linear copypaste dungeons
>boring, cut-up overworld
>fetch quests
>boring trinity
>homogenized roles
>absolute shittiest PvP with poor balance
>shit tier itemization
>gear treadmill
>boring as fuck minigames
>shallow mobs and minibosses
>more fetch quests
>boring story mode with horrible acting and mandatory fetch quests
>locking nearly all of the endgame multiplayer content behind the singleplayer story mode
>making everything boring as fuck until you get to endgame bosses

But you chose to complain about the bosses that are pretty average? Seems like you just wanted to talk about this shit game and I just wanted to shit on it.
>>
>>338338705
Blood of the Dragon is not like Greased Lightning at all.

Monk and Dragoon's combo systems are completely different, Monk itself having a very unique combo system compared to other jobs that utilize combos because it's the only one that can freestyle its combos.

>>both have to keep their damage up buff at all times
If you're meaning Blood of the Dragon and Greased Lightning, yeah, so what? That doesn't mean the abilities are the same. Greased Lightning lowers Monk's global cooldown each stack. Blood of the Dragon is a buff that lets you use a 4th part of a combo that is randomized to either be a flank or a rear one, it also enhances the damage of your jumps. They're not similar at all other than that they're buffs that can expire if you don't maintain your momentum.

>>both have to keep their resistance down debuff at all
>class with a debuff wants to keep their debuffs up

Wow, who'd have thought. You can apply this to any class in any MMO as a sign of being "homogenized" even though it isn't. It's one skill and they fulfill different niches, Dragoon's being a pierce resistance down, and Monk's being blunt resistance down but also reduces the afflicted target's INT too.

>>both have to always use their general buffs almost as soon as they're up
>>both have to keep at least two DoTs up at all times
>>both have positionals

See above, those are vague traits that don't necessarily mean they're similar. Any class that has buffs and dots is going to want to keep them up at all times. Same thing with debuffs as I already said.

Positional requirements are there to add more difficulty, but Monk relies on them much more than Dragoon does, and Monk's positional requirements are unique compared to how Dragoon's are essentially just a potency boost. Example being that if you use Bootshine from behind it's a guaranteed crit.

Dragoon has nothing like opening Chakras. It has nothing like Fists of Earth, Wind, and Fire. It has nothing like Form Shift. Post limit
>>
>>338339197
Also fuck you shitposters for making me respond seriously because you idiots love to tell lies and not give anything to back it up, because you know there are other idiots here who will continue to parrot it regardless of whether they know it's true or not.
>>
>>338339197
>sometimes you refresh from the flank and sometimes from the rear.

So just like monk.

>b-b-b-but it's random

Wow this changes everything, buddy. Nice tl;dr btw fuccboi.
>>
>>338339154
>boring story mode
Thought I was only one who had this opinion. I don't even remember what's going on because of the game's shit pacing and localization. Every other FF game I remember but this game's story is trash.
>>
>>338339309
>Wow this changes everything, buddy.

It does because it means you have to adapt on the fly which can be difficult in the harder encounters where you might not be able to get to those positions without it being a risk.

>Nice tl;dr btw fuccboi.
>WAAAH WHERE'S YOUR PROOF
>is given proof
>T-TOO LONG D-D-DIDN'T READ< FUCCBOI

You should have been aborted.
>>
>>338339454
>It does because it means you have to adapt on the fly which can be difficult in the harder encounters where you might not be able to get to those positions without it being a risk.

So just like monk with all the boss moving and teleporting, gotcha fuccboi.
>>
>>338339309
Fang and Claw/Wheeling thrust should have been one skill, really doesn't take much skill to just move a little to right and then to the back. Makes people think there's depth.
>>
>>338339508
The difference is you can't know what you're going to get with DRG. With MNK you know what your next ability you're going to want to use is. It's not randomly chosen for you.

>>338339573
I didn't say it was deep. It's not. But it's different and can give you some trouble if it's going to put you in a position where you might get hit by a mechanic if you want to fulfill the positional requirement.
>>
>>338339573
This anon gets it, DRG has the most overlapped HW skills, you got a party wide crit up, then it's just a buff starter, an AoE skill that also acts as a buff ender, just to homogenize them with Monk who also got a buff ender albeit single target, and then the just gave up coming up with new skills and split their buff extender into two for absolutely no reason except that Monk also has two buff extenders, except they actually do different things.
>>
>>338339714
>hitting the skill that brightly lights up is hard and completely changes everything

Ok fuccboi.
>>
>>338321905

Because they fail to make Online Roleplaying Games interesting. They have to fall back on "Simon says or die."
>>
>>338339860
I didn't say it was hard, are you actually retarded dude? I keep hoping you're just baiting and shitposting, but sometimes I really wonder if it's not just someone who is legitimately a fucking retard that I'm arguing with here.

I said that if a boss mechanic is coming up that could cause you to get hit by it if you try to fulfill the combo requirement you were just given, it will give you some trouble. You'll have to decide between taking the risk in a tight situation to keep your dps and momentum going, or to hold of for a moment to fulfill the positional requirement but perhaps risk losing blood of the dragon because of it.
>>
>>338339995
>they're very different!
>because of two badly designed and boring RNG based buff extenders that should have been a single skill

Ok fuccboi.
>>
>>338339995
>You'll have to decide between taking the risk in a tight situation to keep your dps and momentum going, or to hold of for a moment to fulfill the positional requirement

So exactly like Monk positionals, gotcha buddy.
>>
>>338340068
>it's badly designed and boring because I don't like it!
>also I'm going to keep spouting fuccboi as if it adds any credibility to my stance or argument

Did the little underage babby learn a new insult today or what?

>>338340136
No because Monk's positionals aren't random. Holy shit are you people even reading or what?
>>
>>338321905
I tend to believe that if the game didn't have "Final Fantasy" in the title, people wouldn't tolerate it once they get close to endgame.
>>
>>338340207
Most people who play XIV don't really care about its name and just play because it reminds them of WoW then look like assholes on OF when they complain about FF tropes.
>>
>>338340186
You know you don't have to actually land the positional right to refresh Blood, right fuccboi? It's the same thing with Monk, oh no I lost some potency but got to keep my stacks. Nice job still making them look homogenized, buddy.
>>
>>338340207
I tend to believe that people who say dumb shit like this have no clue what they're talking about and either are underage enough to not remember the game completely flopped originally despite the Final Fantasy name, or are just shitposting ignorantly.

>>338340316
Yes I do, because I play Dragoon. But if it happens to be a phase change or something that would cause you to be unable to attack the boss because of the gamble you took you'd lose it as well. It's a lose-lose if you can't fulfill the positional requirement.

The difference with Monk is they can refresh Greased Lightning with any of their finishers. Dragoon only has one option to refresh BLood of the Dragon and it's chosen for you.
>>
File: 1463788513495.jpg (181 KB, 1000x1179) Image search: [Google]
1463788513495.jpg
181 KB, 1000x1179
>not being a nin
>>
File: 2016-02-23_00022.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-23_00022.jpg
183 KB, 1920x1080
>3.3 still isn't here
>Liveletter on the 22nd
>it's about 3.3

>'3.3 at the beginning of june' they said
>updates are always on a monday night going into tuesday
>the first monday in june is the 6th

Just fucking release it already
>>
>>338340593
3.3 is two weeks away tops.
>>
File: 1321839491798.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1321839491798.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>boss is scripted
>you have guides that explain when everything will happen and how to counter it
>literal breakdown of how to 100% the encounter
>still die
that's why, shitters.
>>
>>338340449
> I play Dragoon

Well that explains everything, looks like calling you fuccboi was the right choice after all.

>But if it happens to be a phase change or something that would cause you to be unable to attack the boss because of the gamble you took you'd lose it as well. It's a lose-lose if you can't fulfill the positional requirement.

So exactly like Monk were missing a back Demolish is a non trivial DPS loss on the DoT's damage.

> Dragoon only has one option to refresh BLood of the Dragon and it's chosen for you.
>the game literally tells you what exact button you have to press

Wow, buddy.
>>
>>338340627
3.3 should have already been here 2 weeks ago
>>
How do I become a fuccboi
>>
>>338340449
>Dragoon

t. Joeneverfails cuck
>>
>>338340668
>Well that explains everything, looks like calling you fuccboi was the right choice after all.

I play Dragoon because I play and level everything you fucking moron. I main tanks and healers because I like fast queues and being able to fill groups quickly. But I've still played Dragoon and the other jobs enough to understand them and to know they aren't the same.

>> Dragoon only has one option to refresh BLood of the Dragon and it's chosen for you.
>>the game literally tells you what exact button you have to press

>Wow, buddy.

I never said it didn't tell you retard. It's still random though. It's still chosen for you. It's still something you're going to have to adapt to. Just because it tells you which one to press doesn't mean those factors don't still apply.

Do you have legit brain damage?
>>
>>338340449
Not him, but as someone who has sixty on both DRG and MNK, they are really similar. You move between the exact same two combos over and over again, and just keep your buffs and debuffs up.
The system needs more Options of what you can do, rather than the same thing over and over again, endlessly, until the enemy is dead.

I also play MCH and I have a much more fun time as that than I think I ever did as DRG, simply due to how hectic the burst is and you can SEE how well you do due to how the damage from Wildfire works.
Dragoon you just kinda hope your attacks are doing more than the last time with all your crits, but with MCH you can see that kickass 10k wildfire pop and you know you got everything right.
>>
>>338340907
They have similarities, but are not really similar, and are not similar enough to call homogenized.

>You move between the exact same two combos over and over again, and just keep your buffs and debuffs up.

That's an incredibly vague description that could be applied to several jobs or classes in a variety of different MMOs that aren't FFXIV as well. It's easy to make something sound the same when you describe it like that.
>>
>>338340871
>It's still chosen for you

So is for Monk. Demolish running out? Use Demolish, not running out? Snap. Wow such a big and substantial difference that makes both classes very different despite the game also picking one for me, buddy.

>I play everything
>but I main a class

If all classes weren't homogenized garbage then you wouldn't main a single class, fuccboi. Nevermind the game's shit lock outs railroad you into picking a main to funnel all the weekly locked gear into.
>>
>>338340635
This. So many people don't understand that when they made hard content people cried for nerfs.
This is a problem for all MMOs. WoW is running out good raiders because the population doesn't want to git gud. If you make a fight random most people won't do it. Most people don't raid in XIV even though its easy just because they're lazy or suck.
>>
File: xel.jpg (163 KB, 1023x769) Image search: [Google]
xel.jpg
163 KB, 1023x769
Maybe you should play MMOs that allow for actually interesting game design.
Here all the boss fights have different mechanics, the bosses themselves just deal dmg. For example in this dungeon there's a clock in the center that lights different tiles following a certain pattern, to dmg the boss you need your turn to start on the blue tiles, and if you start on the skull tiles you're dead and removed from the fight. The clock ticks on every player turn, but also if a player hits the center of it. So your party needs to know the patterns and pay attention so no other party member dies. Each mob also has their own set of mechanics via passive skills.
A shame the rest of the game is a mess and dead.
>>
>>338341170
XIV bosses have mechanics too but if it's anything beyond "Kill the adds when they pop up" and even then, the casual audience shits their pants and the group wipes.

and then you get banned for calling them shit at the game because it's considered harrassment
>>
>>338341110
>So is for Monk.

Not randomly though. You're intentionally being a retarded obtuse faggot at this point.

>If all classes weren't homogenized garbage then you wouldn't main a single class, fuccboi.

Yes I would, and they aren't anyway. Why wouldn't I play them all? It's not like it's that hard to learn and pick up new things in games. Sorry you're so much of a shitter that you can't level everything and play everything at a competent level.
>>
I love tanking but haven't got to heavensward to try dark knight
how different is it from warrior?
heard palidan is really boring so I haven't bothered with that, warrior is a lot of fun though
>>
>>338341589
>and then you get banned for calling them shit at the game because it's considered harrassment

You deserve to get banned for that because you've being an asshole instead of teaching them.
>>
>>338341589
Fucking casuals
>>
>>338341680
>how different is it from warrior?

Very. It's more like Paladin than Warrior but it's still very different from Paladin. It's the most technical and involved of the three tanks.
>>
>>338321905
>boss enrages after a certain amount of time

This is mostly so you don't make a group of all tanks and healers, taking 10 minutes and being very safe. Plus so DPS can't suck ass and still get carried.
>>
>>338341712
>teach them
>don't tell me how to play
>SHE PAYS FOR HER SUBSCRIPTION LIKE ANYONE ELSE LET HER PLAY HOW SHE WANTS

Americans have a totally different mindset from japan
>>
>>338341590
Says the mental gymnast desperately trying to make both classes look "very different" when they really aren't. Both classes have only one right buff extender choice at all times, except all 3 light up for Monk while the game explicitly tells you which one is the right one on Dragoon. Wow I'm glad I play such an easy class that tells me exactly what to do for fuccbois such as yourself.

>Sorry you're so much of a shitter that you can't level everything and play everything at a competent level.

Except I have all 60s and can safely say they're all homogenized shit, which is why maining exists since there's no reason to play another class that plays almost exactly the same, and the rest of non mains are only useful for fucking around to make this boring contentless shit game less boring.

Being competent also doesn't matter if you don't have the gear to play all classes at current raid level, because you've been forced for weeks to only get gear your main from the only 4 weekly locked relevant bosses for that patch circle or the weekly locked tomes, fuccboi. Good luck clearing A8S on your 210 NIN while you're still gearing up Dragoon, without a carry from other people who are already 230+ on their mains.
>>
>>338321905

Because it works. Scripted bosses allow the devs to tune the boss to be very difficult, with many instant kill mechanics. You can't blame the encounter when such things kill you because there's no RNG involved except within the mechanic itself (who it targets, where it applies, when it crits).

Players will eventually develop a muscle memory for the timings, along with gear improvements, and awareness of what their party members tend to do, and how certain mechanics align with their ability cool downs. Success at first is certain failure, but progression at a steady pace is virtually guaranteed. This sort of crawl and gradual victory is what raiders want and what extends content for months between patches. Even if players are well below the curve, they'll still eventually win given the devs will gradually adjust outdated encounters so that the killer mechanics are less so. FFXIV does this with direct nerfs to more difficult mechanics and soft nerfs by giving a global buff to their HP and DPS.
>>
File: 20160325115602_1.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160325115602_1.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
>>338341680
Dark Knight is actually pretty fun.

Normally, they have no worries with resource management, as their TP costs might as well not even exist, and their MP costs are pretty low and they regain MP with certain moves.

However applying Darkside which is their "offtank stance" (except it can be on during their tanking stance so you should always have it on) drains their MP while increasing their damage and allows them to use Dark Arts, which buffs certain moves at a hefty MP cost.

So with this they have to actually manage their MP with proper rotations. That being said and edginess aside they're pretty fun and the best magic mitigation tank. For early game they're probably the best aggro retainer since they can just use Unleash every once in a while with no worries. Compare to Flash which is useless and Overpower which is great but you can't really spam because of its high TP cost.

DRK also has arguably one of the best job questlines in the game (30-50) but also one of the worst (50-60)

30-50 is fantastic for reasons i won't say because spoilers but 50-60 is literally muh imouto
>>
>>338341889
and that's when they become the bad person, so long as you politely and calmly taught them.

>>338342047
>Except I have all 60s and can safely say they're all homogenized shit

If you actually did you wouldn't say this. That or you botted your way to 60 on all of them.

> which is why maining exists since there's no reason to play another class that plays almost exactly the same

Yes there is dumbass, because certain classes excel in certain areas and encounters because they're DIFFERENT. Maining exists because most people are either too lazy, or too set on playing a specific class rather than because they're "homogenized". You have a very twisted perception of reality that doesn't match up with how things actually are.

>Being competent also doesn't matter if you don't have the gear to play all classes at current raid level,

Being good at a job is more important than having gear. The only time gear is important is when it's the very last thing holding you back from making a dps check, which has only been a problem with Gordias savage really.
>>
>>338341878
>This is mostly so you don't make a group of all tanks and healers, taking 10 minutes and being very safe. Plus so DPS can't suck ass and still get carried.

No, its so you can't beat the hardest content without sufficiently grinding. The idea is to keep you doing that pointless tedium as long as possible so you stay subscribed.
>>
File: Working_Overtime.jpg (100 KB, 1024x730) Image search: [Google]
Working_Overtime.jpg
100 KB, 1024x730
>>338342705
>Healers get no Acc because Yoshi-P feels that healers shouldn't be obligated to DPS in raids
>despite this healers are obligated to DPS in raids to meet DPS checks so they meld nothing but acc to meet the cap

Not that I'm going to not DPS as a healer but this is fucking stupid Yoshi
>>
>>338342334
>y-y-you must have botted

Nice try fuccboi, it took me 5 months to manually grind them and they all ended up being even more homogenized shit with their new HW abilities. At least in 2.0 they had something unique to them, now every DPS has a Greased Lightning they have to keep up, every ranged is a caster, every healer heals 99% the same, tanks are the only ones that have some slight level of variation.

>Maining exists

Because why play another damage class when this class also does damage? Why play the other ranged when this ranged is also a caster and does support? This healer heals exactly the same as that other healer but I get to fuck around with cards every 15 seconds, oh wow this changes everything. This tank keeps hate and so does this tank, wow so diverse. Maining also doesn't exist for any other reason other than having shit weekly locks in a game that advertises multiple classes on a single character, a weekly lock that forces people to have mains for a good 3+ months because gear has to be funneled into them.

Gee we just beat A8S as a MNK for the first time, maybe I should choose to get that DRG piece instead despite that DRG also needing it. Oh we beat it again, maybe I'll choose to gear that Healer piece despite both healers needing it too. Oh I just got enough tomes for a weapon but maybe I should get a MCH gun despite going in as MNK for the 3rd week. I'm sure glad I can play every class on this great and amazing game.

>Being good at a job is more important than having gear

Good luck beating A8S with a group full of exactly 210 gear then, fuccboi.
>>
>>338338116
MT during Titan ex is the easiest part desu, especially if OT is a PLD. Have them use cover on you to eat one of the mountain busters and the debuff wears off before he uses it again negating the need for a swap.
>>
>>338343127
>Nice try fuccboi, it took me 5 months to manually grind them and they all ended up being even more homogenized shit with their new HW abilities. At least in 2.0 they had something unique to them, now every DPS has a Greased Lightning they have to keep up, every ranged is a caster, every healer heals 99% the same,

This really isn't true at all but there's no point in arguing it with you because you're obviously beyond lost in your delusions. I like how you think Bard and Machinist having a stance that makes their moves channeled somehow turns them into casters, as if the ability to cancel the stance and move while attacking doesn't exist at all. Black Mage and Summoner also play absolutely nothing like each other.

>Because why play another damage class when this class also does damage? Why play the other ranged when this ranged is also a caster and does support? This healer heals exactly the same as that other healer but I get to fuck around with cards every 15 seconds, oh wow this changes everything.

Gee, I don't know, maybe because you like it more and aren't a complete shitter who needs every last crutch they can get? Are you really this much of an autist?

>Maining also doesn't exist for any other reason other than having shit weekly locks

Aside from the AF tanks share gear with each other, healers share gear with each other, bard and machinist share gear with each other, and black mage and summoner share gear with each other. It's not hard at all to keep up with gearing all of them.

Are you sure you actually play this game?

>Good luck beating A8S with a group full of exactly 210 gear then, fuccboi.

Did you even read what I said or what? Skill is more important than gear until the point which gear is the only thing preventing you from clearing something.

If you think gear is more important than skill you really are a retard.
>>
>>338343127
>>338344284
I'm going to bed now by the way, but I'm sure you'll still reply with another shitpost laced with "fuccboi" in between your inane bullshit, because you have a grievous affliction of last word in syndrome.
>>
>>338344284
>a casting bar doesn't turn a class into a caster

Wow fuccboi, wow.

>maybe because you like it more

When all classes play the same, sure you'll find one that you like more. Still doesn't change their homogenization, buddy.

>Aside from the AF tanks share gear with each other, healers share gear with each other, bard and machinist share gear with each other, and black mage and summoner share gear with each other. It's not hard at all to keep up with gearing all of them.

Yeah good thing as a DRG you'll get plenty of shared tank and healer gear every week, or if you play tank you'll get plenty of DPS and healer gear, etc. On your first week too, I'm sure that healer won't mind giving you his 240 body when he still has a 210 piece and you've been playing DRG for weeks and you still have a 210 body too, I'm sure he'll gladly take your 240 DRG body piece that also dropped though, gotta share right.

>Skill is more important than gear until the point which gear is the only thing preventing you from clearing something.
>If you think gear is more important than skill you really are a retard.

You also said only Gordias Savage had that problem, nice backtracking right into bed, fuccboi.
>>
>>338344284
>I like how you think Bard and Machinist having a stance that makes their moves channeled somehow turns them into casters

Because it does.

>oh hey you're ranged DPS that can move while attacking
>except now you can't because cast times so now you're just like magic DPS
>>
File: 1452360955324.jpg (73 KB, 364x206) Image search: [Google]
1452360955324.jpg
73 KB, 364x206
>>338341712
>>
File: 1463284985554.jpg (218 KB, 1926x1108) Image search: [Google]
1463284985554.jpg
218 KB, 1926x1108
>>
File: Ifrit.jpg (213 KB, 1926x1108) Image search: [Google]
Ifrit.jpg
213 KB, 1926x1108
>>338346932
>>
>>338346932
what is this
>>
File: Investigating Potato.jpg (433 KB, 1199x691) Image search: [Google]
Investigating Potato.jpg
433 KB, 1199x691
>>338347198
A dead MMO.
>>
>>338321905
The Black Mage's left hand is clipping through his hat
>>
>>338322743
is that cosmo
>>
>>338347550
No, that's Narcissa.
>>
>>338340717
If they didn't delay 3.1, 3.3 would have been here over a month ago.
>>
Those two guys arguing and the one that kept using fuccboi got me curious. How is fuccboi actually pronounced?
>>
File: Garuda.webm (3 MB, 1280x680) Image search: [Google]
Garuda.webm
3 MB, 1280x680
>>338347636
If the devs implemented varied content to layer upon every update the delay would have been less of an issue instead of the current content drought.
>>
>>338348239
Just say it like fuck boy
>>
>>338348239

fooch boy

like gucci
>>
File: 1460330943715.jpg (102 KB, 660x740) Image search: [Google]
1460330943715.jpg
102 KB, 660x740
>>338347283
Looks more like Garry's Mod.

Also I wish 1.0 still existed somewhere. They need to add Dark Souls/Oolacile-style explorable Echo flashbacks, set before the Calamity. The lore in XIV is pretty interesting, but if you weren't there to experience it back during 1.0 when the game was virtually unplayable you have to instead make do with wiki pages and shitty youtube videos.
Yes, there's that one guy trying to emulate the server or whatever, but that's years from completion.
>>
>>338348239
fooshbwa
>>
>>338348323
I'd always thought this way
>>338348368
This makes sense
>>338348456
>bwa
Go to bed Hank
>>
>>338347196

>that face at the bottom

Jesus fucking christ every time
>>
The only MMO I've found that had interesting boss mechanics was The Secret World.

For instance, the first boss you can encounter is this cthulhu looking motherfucker who at first attacks regularly, and then after certain amounts of time he teleports, activates this fog effect, and for as long as the fog lasts, you and your party have to hide from him or get megafucking killed while he searches for you.

Also little mobs will spawn to distract you while you hide.
>>
>>338348604
It's french for cute boy, dummy
>>
>>338348892
>ask for pronunciation
>receive definition
Ok
>>
File: 1459036618231.jpg (111 KB, 760x820) Image search: [Google]
1459036618231.jpg
111 KB, 760x820
>>338348871
Maybe so. But the Scions are (unfortunately) still central to the story; despite much, and in cases like Thancred- all, of their characterisation and development being locked behind a 4 year-old dead and entirely unplayable MMO.
In ARR they're mostly just static caricatures, and new players are left scratching their heads as to who these motherfuckers are and why the game just assumes we know them.
>>
>>338349924
I'm a little excited for 3.3 if only because it HOPEFULLY means we can put this dragonsong war bullshit to an end and fucking move on
>>
>>338348871
Curious if you can put Leviathan there too, since his model is also in the DATs.
>>
>>338348628
TSW's bosses are run of the mill as far as MMOs go, with the caveat that someone in your team needs to build a specific skill for some of them. They're fun though, don't get me wrong. That game is criminally underrated.
>>
File: 1408935659660.jpg (228 KB, 850x1018) Image search: [Google]
1408935659660.jpg
228 KB, 850x1018
>>338350118
Yes, and thank Christ for that.
Palace of the Dead sounds sort of interesting as well.
>>
File: Double Nidhogg.jpg (48 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Double Nidhogg.jpg
48 KB, 960x960
>>338351778
Will we kill estinien or save him so he can keep being a fag
>>
>>338352386
SURELY beating him within an inch of his life and letting him live will rid him of the gay.
>>
>>338352386
We'll probably end up saving him.
Harchefaunt died so killing off any more major characters would be wasteful.
>>
>>338352386
>kill him
>he still shows up in the DRG quests

Promoting him to a main story character was a mistake.
>>
File: scions v garleans.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
scions v garleans.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
>Chronicles of a New Era - The Warring Triad - Sephirot, the Fiend, first of the Warring Triad to awaken, fell to the combined might of the Scions of the Seventh Dawn. However, these gods of eld are not the only threat with which you and yours must contend, for the Garlean Empire and her loyal servant, Regula van Hydrus, still seek to harness primal powers. Should they be allowed to succeed, the fate of this very star may be forever changed...

So I'm guessing they might not give us Zurvan but instead give us a lame intermission fighting some Garleans
>>
>>338352525
again*
>>
>>338352749
That's fucking bullshit, the game is already starved enough for midcore content.
We should be getting two primals per patch at this point, not 2/3rds of ONE.
>>
>>338353207
I think they might be avoiding giving out Zurvan because he wouldn't be progression content, or something.

But if that's the case then 3.0 would go on until at least fucking 3.6 because they might do the same for Sophia
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.