[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If an old game was remade today with improved modern graphics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: ghostbusters 1.jpg (102 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters 1.jpg
102 KB, 1200x675
If an old game was remade today with improved modern graphics and gameplay but with females in place of the male characters would /v/ throw a bitchfit?
>>
What would be the point of female characters?
>>
Were the characters hot
>>
Why are the characters female?
What's the reason?
>>
>>338314871
Is the bitch hot?
>>
It could be good,
but if the art style, game design, or writing sucked then it would suck like any other game.
>>
>>338314871

Does a bear shit in the woods?
>>
Who would it appeal to?
>>
>>338314971
The males get a shot once and then females do, it wouldn't change anything else in the game.
>>
>>338314871
why are you so salty.
Ghostbusters original still remains and let's not pretend it is worth shit other than bill murray and VFX.
It was generic popcorn movie. Nothing of value is lost, give it up. You can't be this autismal you believe this changes anything other than a new movie being out
>>
>>338314871
The females have to be attractive, or at very least well-written characters.

The content has to be as good as, or better than.

It has to have the style and spirit of the original, and feel like both a respectful tribute and a step forward.

The new Ghostbusters has none of these things btw.
>>
>>338314871
Depends on the game
If female characters were actually good and enjoyable, than yes. If they would be awful comedy stereotypes with annoying voices, then no.
>>
The new king kong movie looks great
>>
File: 1461851530101.jpg (6 KB, 299x298) Image search: [Google]
1461851530101.jpg
6 KB, 299x298
If they're hot: BEST THING EVER FAPFAPFAPFAP
If they're ugly: WORST THING EVER SJWSJWSJWSJW
>>
>>338314871
r63 MGS series yes please
>>
>>338314871
Are the women hot?
this is an important question.
>>
>>338315593
why would you make your characters unappealing to look at?
>>
>>338315461
>it wouldn't change anything else in the game.

If it's an old game there's going to be changes. Think of how an old FPS would have weapon limits and regenerating health if made today.
>>
>>338314871
What should've happened:
>original cast getting too old for ghostbuster
>eventually new blood comes in and continues the legacy of Ghostbusters

What we got:
>four women I never even knew about trying to be funny and calling themselves Ghostbusters
>>
>>338315476
>this changes anything
it does change things though. It kill any chance of getting a good movie out of the franchise ever again.
I don't know why the fuck this shit is so controversial though, people saying "the remake of x movie is shit" isn't a fucking new thing.
>>
>>338314871
Only if the character is not a rule63 of a previously established named character.

Generally though, non sexualized females don't sell as much as power fantasies or fapbaits, nor there's any actual moral reason to force a female character or not sexualizing a character.

Change for change's sake is only good in specific situations that do not arise in the vidya market.
>>
Overwatch is rather well liked
So was Bayonetta
>>
>>338314871
I want to relate to the characters, so I would dislike female leads
>>
File: 1461961943530.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1461961943530.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>338315461
Why though? If its an "old game" why revive it with female characters? If you simply want to grab the old audience, you wont do it this way, and if you want to grab a new audience, you could also be creative and create something new for said new audience.

And in response to the blatant bait in the op: Genderswitching popular franchises is one of the most hilariously backwards practices in movies. Its way more sexist in itself than the hate towards such practice. They're literally announcing to the world that women are not capable of carrying a movie on their own, and that its not worth writing such a project, unless you have the backing of a popular franchise attached to it.

How anyone could not see this, is beyond me.
>>
>>338315891
To avoid the male gaze, shitlord.
>>
does the game look like it's any good because I might be convinced to go see the Ghostbusters remake if it looked entertaining but it just looks shitty for reasons not really involving that they're female
>>
File: 1461960985513.jpg (24 KB, 510x427) Image search: [Google]
1461960985513.jpg
24 KB, 510x427
>>338314871
/v/ gets pissed off about Overwatch because there may be a gay character and theres a few brown people in a cast thats trying to have a rep from multiple countries, take a guess.
>>
>>338314871
What old game? The 2009 one?
The entire point of that game is that it's the original Ghostbusters cast in a new story.

If you take that away it's just unfunny women starring in a mediocre TPS
>>
>>338314871
>Remade with improved graphics and gameplay
>People responding to OP's weak bait
>>
>>338316105
But anon, you swallow loads of cum already. How could you not relate to females?
>>
>>338314871
Depends on their waifu potential
>>
>>338316149
i'd only care if the old game was shit and the new version, whilst having a female, would be better due to gameplay, sound, fun factor and graphics

see, you can have a female in your game if EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOOD TOO THAT NO ONE FUCKING CARES THAT YOUR PROTAG HAS FAT MILK HANGERS!
>>
>>338315891
It depends on the setting and the artstyle. If I'm playing a gritty shooter then of course the characters should be unappealing, if I'm playing an upbeat game then I'd expect characters to be appealing.
>>
>>338316482
>Implying there's anything manlier than sucking off men in a skirt
>>
>>338316294
Kid are you dumb? /v/ is full in full waifu mode with ever female character in Overwatch.
>>
>>338315193
SJWS hates Ghostbusters
>>
>>338314871
>improved modern graphics
implying the new ghost busters movie has improved anything

>females in place of male characters
depends on the game I suppose, but it probably could work in most cases. Would be a lot better(and possibly only work) if they were female characters who are already established in the series instead of a bunch of randoms though.
>>
>>338314871
If new game wasn't fun (funny) and shat on the old game (films) with its mere presence, you bet your ass /v/ would.
>>
File: 1461264253007.jpg (46 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1461264253007.jpg
46 KB, 600x450
>>338314871
>improved modern graphics and gameplay
>improved modern gameplay
>>
File: 1427159507727.gif (2 MB, 700x387) Image search: [Google]
1427159507727.gif
2 MB, 700x387
If everything was the same except the gender it'd probably be really cool. Like imagine all the sexy topless demon girls running around. Trish could be a cool handsome older man and Lady would be like a handsome young guy too set on avenging his parents to bother with demon sluts.
Modern graphics would be the best part because 1 had the cool castle setting but 3 was just big empty concrete rooms one after another. They could afford to add so much funiture and destructable objects to kick people through. Even more opportunities to do environmental moves like the strip pole stuff.
>>
>>338314871
no, as long as it was good.
>>
Honsetly if its good I wouldn't mind a couple of tits
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.