[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how would you save the MMORPG genre, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: 1365980515846.jpg (628 KB, 1282x959) Image search: [Google]
1365980515846.jpg
628 KB, 1282x959
So how would you save the MMORPG genre, /v/?
>>
>>338309961
By pulling the plug.
>>
put it out of it's misery
>>
>>338309961

Make it illegal to develop, maintain or run a MMO of any kind.

The genre is shit, lets just stop making them.
>>
>>338309961
Waifus.
>>
>>338309961
easily, just make uo with better graphics.
people who actually enjoy games will enjoy it for the gameplay and what not, others will love it for the new and fancy graphics.
>>
>>338310015
>>338310048
>>338310120
B-But Chronicles of Elyria...
>>
>>338309961
By putting its microtransaction ass down.
>>
>>338309961
>So how would you save the MMORPG genre, /v/?

I don't think it can be saved. If you pulled away from the stale old formula the MMORPG that is built around explicit statistic cultivation the fanbase would throw a pissfit about "casualization."
>>
>>338309961
i just play uo on hybrid
uogamers.com
>>
>>338310203

But nothing. It's going to be another overhyped MMO that fails to deliver on anything it promises.
>>
I would force developers to take inspiration from RuneScape. Make BIG quests with real stories and actually interesting places to do them in. Make you feel like your death matters as you will lose your items... Things like that. About combat, idk.
>>
>>338310357
>MMO players
>not casuals who eat up streamlining
>>
>>338310357

This. Before you try to fix MMOs, you've got to fix peoples mindsets on what a MMO is or can be.
>>
nuke worst Korea, because people aren't stopping gobbling up p2w dressup simulators on their own.
>>
Quest lines that actually tell a story
No microtransactions
>>
>>338310202
There's like 3 games like this coming out or already out now and they aren't doing too well.
>>
>>338310607

While we're at it, nuke the western world because people wont stop gobbling up shitty WoW clones.
>>
>make it first person view only
>almost all resources items are produced by players in an in-game economy
>players have the tools to build almost anything they want
>players control a small troop of NPC soldiers they recruit
>conflict is produced by political factions controlled by players fighting over control of territories.
>>
>>338310690
Really? Tell me what they're called cause I'm interested

/not guy you replied to
>>
>>338310202
I was going to say something akin to this. If I had enough money to make whatever I wanted, I'd make something using UO as a foundation. You'd think MMOs would take advantage of being multiplayer by allowing you to play WITH other people instead of making themeparks that you play in the proximity of other people.
>>
>>338310193
Cull people like this.
>>
Darkages is shit
MMO is shit
OP is shit
>>
>>338309961
Make more like EVE
>>
>>338310743
mortal online except for npc armt
>>
>>338310841
shards online
mortal online
albion online
>>
>>338310973
I wish this game didn't have the subscription model. If they let all players get max level on skills without playing it'd be fucking gold. The game would be packed with players and it would be a blast. Too bad the devs are lazy and greedy.
>>
Know those shitty animes about MMO worlds and players trapped in MMOs? MMO developers should read those and take a lot of inspiration from them.

Most of them are written by people who have never played a MMO in their entire life, and most developers would tell you what happens in them is in no way possible to do in real life. But you know what? It's going to take this kind of extreme change in mindset to ever fix MMOs.
>>
>>338310910
>Darkages is shit
How dare you.
>>
MMORPGs should be more niche and stop trying to please everyone.
>>
>>338311307

But when what happens is it gets released and everyone is like "oh look a new MMO" and for the first week it gets a billion players. Then it gets 2/10 reviews everywhere because it's a niche game catering to a small group of people and everyone else gets mad it's not like every other MMO they've played.
>>
Is Endless Online still going?
>>
>>338310202
But making game like that would be too complicated to the people who like games like WoW. And talking about WoW, the instant you start developing and advertising it, you get the "doom prophets", their mindless monks and pope to tell that it will suck and scare people away from it
>>
More stuff to do.

Less of a linear story.

Skill progression instead of leveling. Armor progression instead of magically getting more health.

Farming, logging, building, mob migrations, rare mobs, cooking, no NPC shops, only player shops, no health pot drops just player made potions, eating and drinking, ships and shipmaking.

It needs to be a world to live in instead of on rails progression.

Sone kind of skill based fighting would be great and I dont mean like blade and soul. Actual blocking and countering with heavy or light attacks. Dodging and rolling.
>>
>>338310387
Based. One of maybe 5 MMOs worth playing.
>>
>>338311189
A log horizon game or those game episodes from hunterxhunter I think or fairy tail, don't remember.
>>
>>338310202
Can't wait for everyone to have to roll as a tank mage because if you're literally anything else you'll ide and lose your stuff again
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.