[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most overused or annoying meme to come out of video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (549 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
549 KB, 1136x640
What is the most overused or annoying meme to come out of video games? Is it really skyrim's knee joke or are there worse ones?
>>
git gud
>>
>>338292207
>implying "git gud" is an overused meme
git gud
>>
>>338292207
the only people who think 'git gud' is a meme, and not a valid criticism of their lack of ability are people that need to git gud
>>
File: 01N38O_e.jpg (114 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
01N38O_e.jpg
114 KB, 1252x1252
anything related to gabe newell
>>
the cake is a lie
>>
>>338292741

Cringe thread, I guess.
>>
PC master race/console peasants the moment people took it seriously.
>>
>>338292931

Uncontested champion of the 'annoying vidya meme' category.
>>
>>338292126
cinematic experience
>>
>>338292126
Racist Mario and every single Pokemon parody ever made only using gen 1 mons.
>>
>>338292207

>He has to be told to "git gud" so often he thinks it's overused
>>
>>338292931
the point where it all went downhill
>>
>>338292741
Casuals rule this world. "Git Gud" is merely a pathetic cry by those hoping that the video game world will still revolve around them, while the truth is that the video game industry is steadily realizing they profit more by catering to us casuals who outnumber and outmoney the "git gud" crowd. Thus, you only have your occasional niche game which will steadily become less and less frequent, while us Casuals enjoy getting more and more games that we enjoy playing, as our options steadily increase so when told to "git gud", we can simply shrug, laugh it off, go "nah" and buy oen of the millions of games that do cater to us instead, while you write in pants-shitting rage that there are less and less games being made to sate your mentality, especially as we start taking over your franchises and causing them to have easy modes and handholding added to make it more palatable to us. As soon as we latch onto us, the industry notices and changes to sate us, for we are where the money is, and we own this industry now. There is nothing left for you but to accept that you are the minority and that the Casuals are the true master race now.
>>
>>338292741
>>338293274
See, pure cancer attracting kids with low self-esteem.
>>
>>338292207
This and the cake is a lie.

The cake is a lie was one of the introductory memes to normalfags and paved the way for low quality memes we have now
>>
File: 1459128656254.gif (544 KB, 303x357) Image search: [Google]
1459128656254.gif
544 KB, 303x357
>>338292126
Mario/Zelda/Pokemon parodies in general

>link valdalizing peoples homes
>mario on shrooms
>mario hitting his head when he breaks blocks
>pokemon is animal abuse

Alternatively, pseudo-ironic MLG parodies
>>
>>338292207

Polygon pls
>>
>>338293527
majority=!superiority
i don't deny that the gaming industry as a whole doesn't revolve around me, but there are still developers out there that do, who still make worthwhile challenging games
i don't suffer any delusions over the current state of the gaming industry, i focus on the select few developers still focused on delivering a challenging experience to their fanbase
and the casuals who don't like those games need to git gud

>>338293585
buzzword
buzzword buzzword buzzword?
buzzword buzzword
nice try though
>>
>>338292126

Dumb anime poster
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 476x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 476x360
>>
>>338292931
Absolutely this
>>
>>338295783
That's your problem though with your last sentence. Why do they "need" to git gud when they're the majority and already have the game industry catering to them? The fact that you think they need to fit your ideals is laughable - they have no reason to. If anything, it's more like you're desperate for them to "git gud" just so more people will make games that appeal to you. But instead, by demanding that they should change their gaming style to your own, you're more likely to have them get even more casual out of pure spite, just to ensure that your games become even less likely. Casuals don't owe you anything. They don't "need" to do anything for you. Saying "git gud" is less a demand and more you begging them to keep your ways alive. And they will ignore you because you are nothing to them.
>>
>>338293713
Where did 2007 go so wrong?
>>
DO A BARREL ROLL

YOURE A KID NOW YOURE A SQUID NOW

Call me Zelda one more time...
>>
"All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ"
>>
the princess is in another castle
>>
>>338292741
>someone shouts get gud in game
>you completely stomp them the next few rounds
>they call you a hacker
>you are kicked from a christian run server
>>
File: 1463749522726.jpg (152 KB, 791x609) Image search: [Google]
1463749522726.jpg
152 KB, 791x609
>>338296402
>that they should change their gaming style to your own

That's exactly what some casuals are aiming for, though. Everything can't appeal to everyone, so why is it so wrong that people still enjoy games that aren't mindless, narrative driven slogs?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.