[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice for a new League of Legends player? Basically, I get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: Jinx.jpg (1 MB, 6000x3541) Image search: [Google]
Jinx.jpg
1 MB, 6000x3541
Any advice for a new League of Legends player?
Basically, I get fucked into oblivion because all my minions die, and then I have 3 champions on my ass.
I generally play as marksman (Ashe or Jinx, because I don't have enough IP for anything else).
I've played 4 PvP matches so far, all of which I've lost.

>inb4 get gud
>>
>>338291832
Learn to run away
>>
git gud

There's no shortcut to learning other than failing over and over again.
>>
You don't understand how the game works
It's ok though literally no one does for about 25 games and then it starts to make sense. Play a coop vs a i match on lowest difficulty, the prompts given are helpful
>>
>>338291832
watch some marksman streams, some of the pros actually give good advice on why they do things a certain way. Don't watch imaqtpie though, he doesn't really give any advice.
>>
>>338292528
Don't play coop vs ai.
Accept that you're garbage and that all those "pro smurfs xD" will yell at you for it.
I didn't understand the game until around 50 games in (around level 20). People that level up by playing vs bots will have to learn vs level 30 players and lose a fuckton of valuable matchmaking rating in the process, meaning they get grouped with literal shitlords who don't understand the game ever, making it harder for you to git gud.
Just suck it up and keep trying, worked for me, and I was Diamond last season.
>>
stop playing
>>
File: maximumkek.png (197 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
maximumkek.png
197 KB, 500x332
>>338291832

Here's an advice from a guy that played the game since 2012

Do not play the game. Really. It's frustrating for almost every single guy that plays the game if you don't play with friends. Unless you got friends, then do not even hover your mouse icon over the game. You might play it because you're expecting to have fun, but most of the time you'll just be pissed off. It is becoming worse than Dota 2.

But if you DO want to play the game, here's some advice

- The mute button is your best friend in this game. Use it liberally whenever someone starts to say a single insult word aimed towards you.
- Trust no one. If you want to play blind queue or solo ranked, then never rely on teammates. They'll most oftenly fuck up and blame you for it. Just steer away from any unwinnable situation.
- Don't be greedy. You might get really, REALLY pissed off when the enemy escapes with 10 hp under their turret, but do not go in. You'll most oftenly die because the enemy can outrun you or has roughly the same movement speed as you
- Abuse the shit out of the broken champions and items. Riot doesn't really give a fuck about community feedback unless it's literally 96% of the community complaining about it. This is your opportunity to actually have a fun game. Most oftenly, you'll meet enemies who abuse broken shit in game, so why don't you do the same? I mean, they're having fun, so why won't you?
- If you meet a counter in a lane, ask for someone in your team to laneswap with you. If they refuse, just get the fuck out of the lane and go somewhere else. It's worth it. You either ruin everybody else's gameplay because they were too much of dipshits to accept laneswapping or someone else eventually goes into the lane you left from. Win win baby
- If you see someone being alone, they're not alone. THEY ARE NEVER FUCKING ALONE.
- If you meet actual intentional feeders, trolls and whatnot, just report them after game. You'd do everyone a favour.
>>
>>338293520
And this, OP, is exactly what you don't do.
>>
>>338291832
Ashe and Jinx have to be babysat by your team to make any real impact, so stay behind your tanks/engagers during fights. Last hitting is your main job for the first 10 minutes ignore everything else unless your support/jungler set up a kill for you. This changes as your rank increases, but if you do this you're already better than most players.
>>
>>338293753
Then what do you do ?
OP work on last hitting and get 100 cs by 10 mins
>>
File: Homer4.jpg (31 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Homer4.jpg
31 KB, 512x384
>>338291832
>Any advice for a new League of Legends player?
Yeah, here's a secret technique I learned a long time ago:

Stop playing garbage
>>
File: awwwshitnig.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
awwwshitnig.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>338294153
lulz Well Memeed pham
XD XD XD XD
>GTFO
>>
>>338293520
>- The mute button is your best friend in this game. Use it liberally whenever someone starts to say a single insult word aimed towards you.
Yes

>- Trust no one. If you want to play blind queue or solo ranked, then never rely on teammates. They'll most oftenly fuck up and blame you for it. Just steer away from any unwinnable situation.
>- Don't be greedy. You might get really, REALLY pissed off when the enemy escapes with 10 hp under their turret, but do not go in. You'll most oftenly die because the enemy can outrun you or has roughly the same movement speed as you
>- If you see someone being alone, they're not alone. THEY ARE NEVER FUCKING ALONE.
Ignore this, you'll get better over time at making the correct decisions. Never being greedy and never trusting your teammates will only hold you from getting better.

>- Abuse the shit out of the broken champions and items. Riot doesn't really give a fuck about community feedback unless it's literally 96% of the community complaining about it. This is your opportunity to actually have a fun game. Most oftenly, you'll meet enemies who abuse broken shit in game, so why don't you do the same? I mean, they're having fun, so why won't you?
This is literally retarded. Just find a champion you like and keep spamming him. That's the best way to getting better, there are pro players who started their career this way. Ignore the "FOTM" and "OP" crybabies.

>- If you meet a counter in a lane, ask for someone in your team to laneswap with you. If they refuse, just get the fuck out of the lane and go somewhere else. It's worth it. You either ruin everybody else's gameplay because they were too much of dipshits to accept laneswapping or someone else eventually goes into the lane you left from. Win win baby
Ignore this too. There are no 100% counters in league. If you think that you need to git gud.

>- If you meet actual intentional feeders, trolls and whatnot, just report them after game. You'd do everyone a favour.
Yes.
>>
If you're new to mobas and want to not hurt yourself ,play hots.
>>
>>338294404
Ladies and gentlemen, the average LoLfag
>>
>playing League

Just give up and try something new. The game requires a stupid amount of time in order to enjoy.
>>
>>338294101
70-80 is a more realistic number for a new player
>>
>>338294958
>70-80 is a more realistic number for a new player
That's still an acceptable amount at high level.
>>
>>338294434

>There are no 100% counters in league

Go TF mid into a Fizz who's half decent and see what happens. Just a raw one on one you'll get shit on.

>Just find a champion you like and keep spamming him
Yes, and struggle against players getting a flat out better hand because they do follow the FOTM OP champs.

>diving an enemy with 10 hp early game
>avoiding dumb situations
>ignore this

What the fuck are you going on about? That's good advice for the most part. Although people are shitters a lot and turn their minds off to solo farm a lane that's pushed out too far.
>>
File: 06.jpg (153 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
153 KB, 1200x1600
Hey OP. I started league just over a year ago and have made great strides of success and progress since then. I'm not an exceptional player by any means, but here's what I personally think.

Certain roles/lanes are more difficult than the other, here is what I'd suggest in terms of ease

>Beginner:
Top lane. Only have to focus one opponent and the occasional enemy jungler, which in most cases will not be too often considering your enemy jungler will be your skill level.

>Intermediate:
ADC, bot lane. You are now dealing with two opponents plus the enemy jungler. The jungler typically loves to gank this lane due to added support of 2 team mates. You will need good positioning, last hitting and poking to thrive.

>Veteran:
Support. The same as ADC, only you are in charge of starting fights as well as keeping an eye out for enemy jungler PLUS managing your ADC's health. Move onto this after you've learned ADC.

>Expert:
Jungler. This will require impeccable map awareness and constant judgement calls as well as working on the clock and killing the jungle monsters as they spawn. You can turn the tide of the fights on any lane.

>Pro:
Mid lane. The most important lane in the game, a direct route to the enemy's nexus. Not only will you have to learn appropriate poking, positioning and meter management, but you will also be vulnerable on two sides, the jungler can attack from either your left or right. On top of this, you will need map awareness and call 'MIA' for the team (you ping that you saw the jungler/mid laner go that way or this way).

tl;dr, pick top lane at first. Use a champion who is tanky and requires no mana, like Garen or Renekton, or even Yasuo if you're feeling zesty.

And remember, practice in a custom bot game often and learn how to last hit your minions for the gold. If you're feeling like you're going to die in your lane, do the smart thing and wait under your tower and farm minions from there, or even back to get your health back.
>>
>>338293520
>becoming worse than Dota2

>implying that ship did not sail long ago
>>
>>338291832

get gold, kill the turret

god damn son, it's not so compilicated
>>
>>338295551
caits got a fat ass
>>
File: 34.png (92 KB, 485x626) Image search: [Google]
34.png
92 KB, 485x626
this game is shit and you should kill urself
>>
>>338295195
>>There are no 100% counters in league
>
>Go TF mid into a Fizz who's half decent and see what happens. Just a raw one on one you'll get shit on.
That only needs you need to learn to play the matchup correctly. And if correctly means standing under your turret, farming from a far and focusing on roaming bot and top you better git gud at that instead of ruining the game for your team.
>
>>Just find a champion you like and keep spamming him
>Yes, and struggle against players getting a flat out better hand because they do follow the FOTM OP champs.
I never had trouble with my main against the current OP picks. If anything having a harder lane vs the current op means a good opportunity for you to get better at your main.
>
>>diving an enemy with 10 hp early game
>>avoiding dumb situations
>>ignore this
>
>What the fuck are you going on about? That's good advice for the most part. Although people are shitters a lot and turn their minds off to solo farm a lane that's pushed out too far.
Making your own experiences is better in the long run. If you stick to your advice you might pass out on golden opportunities and valuable experiences.
>>
>>338296313

>implying the fizz won't get damage in while continuing to out scale and out farm you

It's literally the easiest lane to win. The TF can roam bot which in the end all comes down to how aware the other players are. You don't just "instawin" ult bot.

>I never had trouble so no one else will!
Yes, and who's your main?

>sticking to advice is bad
Every form of teaching always tells you to stick to basic guide lines at first to form good habits. Then from there you evaluate choices and modify based on good fundamentals. Acting like a retard constantly is just going to make you do occasional good plays. Shit covered in sprinkles is still shit
>>
Uninstall it, install Heros of the Storm, then uninstall that and give up on mobas
>>
Play through the DotA 2 and SMITE tutorials.
>>
>>338296914
>Yes, and who's your main?
I'm maining Irelia since late season 1.
I also like Twisted Fate, Nasus, Yi and Riven.
>>
>>338291832
Start playing DOTA 2 instead of wasting two years of your life on LoL like I did. The faster you get into DOTA the better your MOBA knowledge will be. DOTA makes you a better LoL player, DOTA makes you a better DOTA player.
>>
>>338295551
m8 no offense but you haven't got a clue. Top lane is by far the hardest. Bot lane is easier because you have someone to lean on and because it's mostly AFK farming at low-mid level play. Mid and jungle are harder but at low-mid level play you can still get by just AFK farming, you rarely have to deal with counterjungles as a jungler, and mid has the shortest distance between towers so easier to get away from ganks than top lane.
>>
>>338298805
>Bot lane is easier
That's entirely situational and therefor not a good idea for a beginner in my opinion. What if your support isn't good at healing? Horrible at engaging? What if they've given 2 kills to the ADC? Your job as ADC becomes that much harder. You will often have to deal with a 3 vs 2 when the jungler shows up, or even a 1 vs 2 when your support is either dead or out of mana and has to recall.

Top lane, in my opinion, is the easiest. You can depend solely upon yourself. You also have a easier time to focus on last hitting for CS comparatively in the fray of bot lane, making it the best way to learn the game for a newcomer. In low-mid level play it is arguably the least likely to get a visit from the enemy jungler per game. The enemy mid-laner tends not to wander there either.

>mid has the shortest distance
Yes, which puts more of a burden on the mid-laner to win his lane. If your opponent destroys your mid tower, any and all team fights in mid will automatically be in the enemy team's favor as they will have a vantage points to retreat.

This is of course my opinion. When I started League, I went straight to top lane as cho'gath and found that this was far easier for me as a learner than when I had tried to play ADC. With top lane you typically have tankier champions, you are more likely to survive a gank (depending on how deep you are) and generally able to make more mistakes. As ADC, one mistake could not only kill you outright, but also get your support killed.
>>
>>338299896
All that is stuff that doesn't matter in low-mid level play. Learning last hitting with a melee champion is crazy, everyone learns with a carry for a reason.

>What if your support isn't good at healing? Horrible at engaging?

Like, the person playing it is bad? Let them die and keep farming and just play hard D. Also a very important recommendation: never make decisions on the assumption that your team sucks and theirs don't (or your support, in this case). If you always get useless supports, then the enemy team's is likely just as useless on average, or maybe the problem is that you're just making poor judgement calls. Hint: the problem is you making poor judgement calls.

>Yes, which puts more of a burden on the mid-laner to win his lane. If your opponent destroys your mid tower, any and all team fights in mid will automatically be in the enemy team's favor as they will have a vantage points to retreat.

None of that matters unless you're a high level player. Another free tip: don't read guides/post from high level players and blindly assume everything there applies to you. One of the more common mistakes you see among low tiers is people blindly following trends and parrotting what better players say without fully understanding the why.
>>
File: 1459558409264.jpg (8 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1459558409264.jpg
8 KB, 251x242
>>338295891
so funny
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.