[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just installed Morrowind, this is my first Elder Scrolls game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1463584284612.jpg (76 KB, 640x854) Image search: [Google]
1463584284612.jpg
76 KB, 640x854
Just installed Morrowind, this is my first Elder Scrolls game.

Any tips or usefull info I should know before I start playing? Which class is the best? Any mods I should look for?
>>
Oblivion is the best to start with. Then you play Skyrim.

Morrowind is best saved for last, as it is VASTLY different from 4 and 5.
>>
Don't be a retard like 90% of people and use a weapon that actually corresponds to your skills, and don't attack while low on stamina.
>>
>>338269816
You mean play Morrowind first. It does a much better job at introducing you to the world.
>>
Play the fucking game you autistic piece of shit. I wonder what people like would've done back when you didn't have your mongolian cave drawing forums to ask about how to be a literal fucking babby in video games.
>>
>>338269723
>Any tips or usefull info I should know before I start playing?
Pick your major skills as something you will use. Include at least 1 "Deals damage to enemy" ability. Using damaging skills untrained will MISSMISSMISSMISSMISSMISSMISS.

Alchemy is thoroughly overpowered. If you raise your Intelligence, then you raise the effectiveness of your alchemy. You can use alchemy to make temporary +intelligence potions. This series diverges to infinity. Or, at least, to 2147483647.
>>
>>338269816
>as it is VASTLY different from 4 and 5.
Wrong. Arena and Daggerfall are vastly different from 3, 4 and 5.
>>
>>338269723
Watch the sky.
>>
If you care about good character development systems you're gonna have a bad time unless you mod it

Other than that the game doesn't have too many major flaws
>>
>>338269723
You've got a chink in your armor
>>
>>338270473
+2 birbs to u for this post desu
>>
>>338269723
Morrowind is tougher than oblivion and skyrim. Maybe should've started there
>>
>>338270569
Stratosphericperiphery is harder than Morrowind and Oblivion, at least in a combat perspective, since Stratosphericperiphery doesn't give you the gamebreaking stuff until you're 2/3rds of the way down the main quest
>>
File: 1463752882324.jpg (110 KB, 685x459) Image search: [Google]
1463752882324.jpg
110 KB, 685x459
What about classes?

There are so many and I'm having trouble picking one. Which one does the most damage / most fun to play?
>>
>>338270868
Kill yourself already you worthless fucking trash.
>>
>>338270868
Just make your own and pick skills that sound cool

The game is piss easy anyway and the vanilla character system is so bad it either won't matter or you'll get autistically irritated by it and restart several times
>>
>>338270959
But I am already dead.
This is hell.
Hi 4chan!
>>
>>338269723
>>338270868
Three Gods, One True Faith... outlander.
Tips: have fun! Go and explore, do quests, find stuff out about the game yourself. Try not to spoil too much, if you get stuck don't immediately consult a walkthrough.
Classes: Just pick something that looks interesting & fun and try it out. Major/Minor skills only determine how you gain your levels, so if you want to train up a Misc skill later on there's nothing stopping you. Just make sure you have at least one weapon skill (preferably as a major skill); all are viable, as are all armour types (yes, even hand-to-hand and unarmoured)
Also: if a major character gives you advice, it's usually best to listen.

Have fun, sera! And walk with virtue, outlander.
>>
>>338269723
Why do people keep posting pics of this chink?
>>
Vanilla is playable, but there are lots of mods that will modernize the game's visuals. I would suggest getting the game to run at your screen's resolution, and maybe a draw distance increase. Leave combat vanilla, it's not nearly as bad as memers make it out to be. Figure out what kind of weapons you want to use, then train your skills on small animals/bugs outside of Seyda Neen. The rest of the game is completely up to you. You can literally run in any direction and you'll find cool shit, just keep leveling up as much as you can to avoid getting stomped by higher level shit.

Your attacks miss if the skill you are using is low, or if your stamina is low.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.