[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Created Mega Man series >Directed Classic series >Directed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: Kenji Inafune.jpg (43 KB, 614x319) Image search: [Google]
Kenji Inafune.jpg
43 KB, 614x319
>Created Mega Man series
>Directed Classic series
>Directed X series

Can someone explain to me HOW Mighty Number 9 seems so bland and mediocre? It should have been a return to the golden era.
>>
>>338267831
>Created Mega Man series

LMAO
>>
>>338267831
>Created Mega Man series
>Directed Classic series
>Directed X series
None of these are true. He designed Zero in Mega Man X and some of the robot masters in the NES titles, the actual games he directed were Legends 1 & 2. I'm pretty sure he designed Zero from Mega Man Zero as well.
>>
THANK YOU CON MAN
>>
>>338267996
>>338268265

>Then again, Fuze is working with developers like Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune,
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2016/05/11/chinas-new-fuze-video-game-console-looks-like-the-love-child-of-xbox-one-and-ps4/#205a81a15088
>>
>>338267831
>He thinks Inafune had jackshit to do with Mega Man

Thank you, con man.
>>
>>338268595

https://www.google.ca/search?q=%22Mega+Man+series+creator%22

Literally hundreds of articles.
>>
>>338268424
What is this supposed to prove? He's had the incorrect title of the creator of the series since the late 90s.
>>
>>338268424
>a news article said it. It must be true.
>>
>>338268651
>>338268679

Do you have a SINGLE citation to back this up? You guys just seem desperate to slander Inafune because of MN9.
>>
>>338268265
He didn't direct Legends 1 or 2 either. Pretty sure he's never directed anything.
>>
>>338268742
>I don't know who Akira Kitamura is

I want to murder you in your sleep.
>>
>>338268742
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_%28character%29
This should be common knowledge by now, especially given the fact the he is a legit con man.
>>
>>338267831
I'd assume
>Get money for game promising this good looking 2D art
>3D is cheaper to make so make that instead after getting all that backers money
>3D sucks

Inti Creates is fantastic so it cant be their fault.
>>
>>338268908

We should definitely improve the Mega Man related Wiki pages. Most of them are still written like Inafune created all the Mega Man characters. It's probably what journalists are relying upon.
>>
>>338268924
Except the gameplay itself is shit as well, and they've even stated that a few promised features (main one that comes to mind is abilities from normal enemies) won't be in the game due to "not enough in the budget" (despite them being originally planned features, not stretch goals, and them being over their original projected budget by a ridiculous amount.)
>>
>>338269116
>journalists are relying upon
>journalism caring about facts

You're pretty cute, you must be somewhere in the 18-21 age range; maybe 22 even.
>>
>>338267831
>Can someone explain to me HOW Mighty Number 9 seems so bland and mediocre?

Because you haven't played it yet, you're just shitting on it like every other shitposter who hasn't played it yet either.
>>
>>338269116
Every series he is the producer of he gets the title of "creator". Seems misleading but not expected given his reputation.
>>
>>338267831
Because he never did any of those things.
>>
>>338269309

There's the widespread belief that Inafune is the Mega Man series creator. No one challenges this. Idiot journalists just rely on Wikipedia and other sources and never double check anything. Kitamura himself either doesn't care, or is too nice to challenge him on this.
>>
>>338267831
>>Created Mega Man series
>>Directed Classic series
>>Directed X series
None of this is true. He's mostly a producer.
>>
>>338269962

Why do journalists call him the MM series creator then? ?
>>
>>338269516

Do you think before you post?

What makes you think that journalist use wikipedia as sources AND journalists from this point on are not going to reference to dumb shit such as >>338268648 . Do you even know what Kitamura is up to? The man fucking poofed after working on Cocoron and Little Samson which both flopped when it was state of the art NES, but released when NES was nearing it's lifespan -- you're an actual waste of time.
>>
>>338270016
Because videogame journalism is a excuse of an actual job and doesn't need actual research ir any effort at all.
>>
>>338270113

Kitamura is around, and sometimes gives interviews:

http://shmuplations.com/megaman/

>The man fucking poofed after working on Cocoron and Little Samson which both flopped when it was state of the art NES, but released when NES was nearing it's lifespan --

Those games probably did good enough. The Famicom was supported in Japan well into the mid-90's. Takeru tanked because they made some costly Titanic themed game called "NOSTALGIA 1907" that tanked. It killed the company, and after wards, Kitamura left gaming entirely.

There's an Akira Kitamura in Japan who is some computer tech executive. I wonder if it's the same guy.

http://www.salesforce.com/eu/company/news-press/press-releases/2002/04/020408.jsp
>>
The most confusing thing is how subpar MN9 looks visually. Like it seems crazy given they got a ton of money, and judging by Onimisha series, Inafune is the king of extravagant spending.
>>
>>338271548

MN9 has to work on handhelds, and last gen consoles. Those act as bottle necks.

They ended up having to remake the game for 3DS and VITa anyways. So ports and remakes end up eating a huge chunk of the budget.
>>
>>338267831
THANK YOU BASED CONMAN
>>
Inafune was not a devolper, he was just did the art and took credit for the devs work when Mega Man got popular. He's literally the Steve Jobs of Capcom.
>>
>>338268842
Nah, he's never been a director. It's always either production or art/character design, with the occasional writing credit.
>>
>>338270016
Because reading credits is boring. Also, Inafune has mentioned several times that most of the initial work for Megaman was done when he joined Capcom.
>>
>>338272368
He didn't even do the sprites either. He's a concept artist/con man.
>>
>>338272432

Inafune calls himself "co creator of Mega Man" so the problem stems from Inafune himself.
>>
>>338268742
You absolute fucking retard
Do you just lap up whatever you read online

That hack inafune has taken credit for being the "creator of megaman" for years when all he did was adapt a fucking sprite from preexisting concept art
>>
>>338269326
Considering there's been enough time with backer betas and footage of it out there, you can easily come up with an opinion of the game, because there's not a chance in hell the final product is going to differ from most of what we've already had hands upon.
>>
>>338272517
Yup. Snake Oil Salesman like to say they're doctors also.
>>
>>338272838
>when all he did was adapt a fucking sprite from preexisting concept art

ie change a mass of pixels into the Mega Man cahracter that we know and love.
>>
>>338272838
You got it wrong, he did the final concept art for the already designed characters and came up with a few of his own like Elecman.
>>
This is an "Akira Kitamura", executive of various computer companies. No clue if it's THE same one though.
>>
Assuming he hasn't mismanaged his money dramatically or pissed it all away on alcohol or anything silly like that (Though that's probably unlikely, since he's married with a few kids and is apparently quite normal in his day-to-day life), roughly how wealthy would someone of Inafune's level (i.e. fairly high-level employee of a company like Capcom for years) actually be?
>>
>>338269243
Welcome to software development. Now you know why publishers have to be evil.
>>
>>338274049
>>338274049

I imagine a Capcom producer makes decent cash, but nothing extraorbinant. Maybe a few hundred grand a year?

Inafune clearly wants to be the IP holder to a new hot gaming franchise that makes millions though. This would put him in multi-millionaire tier. But it looks like MN9 is a dud. I'm not even sure if Comcept can survive the next few years. They pissed away their Kickstarter funding. Chinese are keeping the money flowing, but if that stops the company is dead.
>>
File: 1442685197628.jpg (97 KB, 625x552) Image search: [Google]
1442685197628.jpg
97 KB, 625x552
he got some budget and wasn't producing some AAA rated material, let say some A rated game.
and for now, we got no sheet.
with time come answers, for now it look like a mess.
>>
>>338274781
>for now it look like a mess.
Well according to an anon who somehow got hold of a build from last year that's pretty much done, the game's just okay. Better than the shitstorm surrounding it makes it look, but nothing amazing either.
>>
>>338267831
>Keiji Inafune (稲船 敬二 Inafune Keiji?, born 8 May 1965) is a video game producer, illustrator and businessman. He started his career at Capcom and was the main illustrator of the Mega Man series during the NES and Super NES era.[1] He is the creator of the character Zero. He was also the producer of the Onimusha, Lost Planet, and Dead Rising series. He was the former head of Research & Development, as well as Online Business and Global Head of Production at Capcom. In most game credits, he uses the name "INAFKING".

Sure he started off as designer but he slowly became a director. So stop it with the meme that he didn't create shit.
>>
File: smug feel.png (28 KB, 640x708) Image search: [Google]
smug feel.png
28 KB, 640x708
>>338276097

>mfw I specifically re-wrote that to remove any reference to him being the mega man series creator
>no one has changed it since
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.