[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I in for.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: thewitcher.png (19 KB, 485x148) Image search: [Google]
thewitcher.png
19 KB, 485x148
What am I in for.
>>
Fun.
>>
>>338266773
A life lived in the cartel if you don't get out of beaner central.
And also a pretty decent RPG experience if you can get past the dated graphics and gameplay, if not I recommend skipping to 2.
>>
>>338266773
You are in for a great game if you're willing to allow yourself the patience to learn it.
>>
>>338266773
Give it until Act 3. For the love of God do not drop it before you at least get to Act 3. The beginning of the game is dry and so shit but once you get halfway through Act 2/into 3 the story REALLY picks up and will have you hooked. This is a game where your choices DO have consequences, get ready for a wild ride, OP.
Around elves, watch yourselves[/spoilers]
>>
Grandmaster Jacques is actually Alvin from the future.
>>
>>338266868
Don't skip to 2. Witcher 1 isn't required to play Witcher 2 but it helps you get your bearings a lot otherwise you won't know what the fuck is happening at the start of Witcher 2, or who any of the characters are or why you should care about them.
>>
>>338266773
Shitty combat in a degree that will make you consider suicide with a """"great"""" story which is mostly fetch and back tracking same places you've been to
>>
>>338267065
Well I'm not saying he NEEDS to skip, but I know some personally find the fighting style unbearable.
So if he doesn't like it he shouldn't stick around playing a game he won't enjoy because it'll set a bad tone for the rest of the series.
>>
In Chapter 2, the detective Raymond is actually Azar Javed
>>
Berengar isn't actually dead
>>
There's a combat overhaul mod that is fantastic and I actually recommend for first playthrough. It tries to make the game lore appropriate - humans have pretty much no chance with you unless they are in a huge mob. Enemies use more tactics. You're not doing weird DDR for a few minutes every combat, it's bloody and quick.

The developers of this mod got hired to the team for Witcher 2 I think.
>>
It's a great game, but >>338266993 is kinda right. I don't think the first two acts are as bad as he says they are, but it really REALLY does pick up in Act 3
>>
>>338266773
the best WRPG of 00s and the best Witcher game in the series
>>
Shit sucks yo. Only good thing about is graphics. Was pretty good for that moment.
>>
>>338267578
I loved Witcher 2 and 3 but this is still an opinion I can get behind
>>
>>338266773
the worst combat ever thatll make you unninstall and refund about 30m in
>>
>>338266773
The Professor and the Mage use the Witcher secrets to create supermutants in the end
>>
>>338267698
>>338267413
>>338267039
>>338267413
Samefag
>>
File: 1431439857495.png (593 KB, 1689x562) Image search: [Google]
1431439857495.png
593 KB, 1689x562
>>338266773
The first and last pure Witcher game we'll ever see
>>
>>338267524
Personally I had a lot of trouble stomaching the starting village area, and when I hit the swamp I stopped dead out of boredom. I tried a few more times and eventually pushed past the swamp and then couldn't put it down until I finished it.
>>
a shitty clicker
>>
File: sponge paul.jpg (105 KB, 772x689) Image search: [Google]
sponge paul.jpg
105 KB, 772x689
>>338266773
Best combat in the series if you actually like RPGs, the writing and atmosphere is also top notch.

Don't listen to the fags that say it has bad combat, they probably only played Witcher 3 because it was hyped up and prefer the Action parts over the RPG parts
>>
>>338267895
Man, there's a lot of bullshit in that pic.
especially
>They promised there would be a manual targeting system
I remember that. They never promised that, they said they were playing around with a system like that very early in development.
>>
>>338268192
delete this, the circlejerk must go on
>>
>>338267830
If you ask this stupid fucking question instead of actually playing the game then you deserve to get your shit spoiled
>>
>>338266773
a mediocre experience
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.