[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rust
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: rust.jpg (15 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
rust.jpg
15 KB, 460x215
> ~2.75 hours left to get Rust for $6.80
>Have heard it's good, also heard it's shit
>None of the people I usually watch on Youtube have played it, thus no reviews that I trust

What do, /v/?
>>
>>338265658
> What do, /v/?

Stop shilling.
>>
File: 1436912129292.jpg (97 KB, 500x737) Image search: [Google]
1436912129292.jpg
97 KB, 500x737
>>338265658
You need a group that will play with you.
Solo play is just fucking shit
>>
>>338265658
>Rust for 6.80$
Where?
>>
>>338265658
Buy it. Don´t go solo though, solo is pretty boring. Grab 2-3 friends and you´re good to go. I have tons of fun with it. Bought it not even a year ago and I already have over 200 hours.
>>
it was my first survival, but its fun, I've played like 100hrs now

if you're ok with:
- getting killed all the time for no reason (motivation to be stronker)
- persistent, custom built structures to defend
- creepy shit happening constantly

it just has really dynamic gameplay, you start with so little, I enjoy making that climb.
>>
>>338265658
It's definitely worth that and then some. Gary Newman is a giant fucking cunt, but the game is fun and at the moment I think his team is developing it and not him.
I had a lot of fun with just one other friend in a cave base. We spent most of our time blowing and picking through the bases of anyone stupid enough to build within a mile of us.
>>
>>338265812
>>338265937
>>338266041
>>338266187
I like the idea of Rust (in terms of being a more sophisticated Minecraft with a weird streak). Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who plays so I'd definitely be playing solo, which is apparently awful.
>>
>>338266409
Not really. Once you know the game really well you can play it solo just fine and accomplish things. You have to be the unibomber in a world composed of nothing except terrorist groups and roving bands of retards. It can be rewarding in its own way, but you can also just make friends in the game itself.
The fact that you're here means you're probably autistic enough to have no problem finding like-minded people in Rust.
>>
>>338266409
I mean solo works, but it´s not that good. I´d say 80% of the fun is going out there with a friend. Solo probably is just frustrating because you´ll never get anywhere before the next serverwipe.
>>
The Battle Royale mod still is mediocre compared to other offerings, so I ain't buying it. Fuck survival aspects in these games, the looting and gear aspect just makes BR mods so fucking good.

Seriously, fuck boxes. Every other game has loot on the ground, shelves and other shit but in Rust all loot spawns in boxes.
>>
>>338266409
They might fix solo play with the upcoming experience system, but the game is very unbalanced for solo players, you do shit at 1/10 the pace group players do.
When a server rebbots, clans and other groups might take less tan 24 hours to get to the top of the server's foodchain, while the solo players just keep dying and being raided without progressing. The best way to become a good solo players is to play on low-pop servers or when a server's pop is really really low, but that takes the fun of the game away, it's like playing singleplayer.

Basically the game needs a lot more PvE as it is almost exclusively PvP right now and group players need to be nerfed to balance the game.
If only people were more friendly the game wouldn't have half of these problems.
>>
contrary to this thread I say go solo till you get bored then join a group.

People that have been solo are considered really great recruits, especially if you've made relationships with people on the server (not sniping people from your tower)

New people to the game will be exploited through the group. any interesting power progression will be lost when they hand you everything you need and protect you.
>>
>>338265658
Where the shit can you get it for $6.80?
>>
>>338267002
>If only people were more friendly the game wouldn't have half of these problems
>friendly

I like that everyone is a massive dick, makes you feel like browsing 4chan. Including /pol/, underage kiddies and the general mass of retards.
>>
>>338267002
>Basically the game needs a lot more PvE as it is almost exclusively PvP right now and group players need to be nerfed to balance the game.
If only people were more friendly the game wouldn't have half of these problems.

That pretty much sums up what I've heard about this game so far. Heavily favors big, experienced groups, toxic playerbase.

>>338266882
>The Battle Royale mod still is mediocre compared to other offerings, so I ain't buying it. Fuck survival aspects in these games, the looting and gear aspect just makes BR mods so fucking good.

To that point, I'm seriously considering skipping Rust and just getting The Culling. I've watched a quite a few videos of the game, and honestly it looks pretty neat, if a little corny.

>>338265875
Humble Store.
>>
>>338267491
Yeah, but I always wanted to make villages with other players and fight other villages, I always thought that rust ingame communities would be like that, but I've never been able to either join a group or form one
>>
>>338267558
I'd probably wait on that. The map is small, they are still re-updating the same map with new textures and shit and everyone complain about all balance changes. Alot even want a full redo and just go back to launch balance.

Its typical stuff
>perk is shit at launch
>buff it so its good
>spend 3 patches making it total shit again
and repeat. Basically everything got buffed, then nerfed, and now are trying to find alternative ways to buff them without being direct buffs.
>>
>>338267491
>I like that everyone is a massive dick, makes you feel like browsing 4chan.

I'm gonna be honest, that kinda appeals to me as well. The "everyone's a dick" thing doesn't really bother me, but the idea that solo players simply get squashed is certainly intimidating.

>>338267267
> >>338267558
>>
>>338265658
No wonder cheaters are popping up everywhere
>>
>>338267819
Fair enough, I was planning on waiting for a sale anyway.
>>
>>338267002
Group players will never be nerfed because you'd have to change the core game design to do so.

It's kind of sad to think about, this game isn't really much different than a pay2win game. Instead of paying for direct advantages, you recruit them.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.