[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Delsin so bad compared to Cole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 14
File: I miss Cole.jpg (226 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
I miss Cole.jpg
226 KB, 1920x1080
Why is Delsin so bad compared to Cole?
>>
File: cole.jpg (340 KB, 1280x1854) Image search: [Google]
cole.jpg
340 KB, 1280x1854
Cole's powers were cooler. Also infamous Cole was more of a hedonistic antihero than whatever the fuck infamous Delsin is supposed to be. Not only were the infamous powers worse compared to hero, every single moral outcome is shitty.
>>
>>338238201
How comparable are Good/Famous Cole and Delsin?
>>
>>338238069
Delsin is one dimensional as fuck, like everything else in Second Son.
>>
>>338238460
Hero/Infamous Cole are basically the same in that they're initially doing everything in order to stop the Beast, just that Infamous Cole is a bit more hedonistic and has less regard for collateral damage. Delsin's priorities are rebelling against the evil anti-mutant cops and caring for his tribe and brother (which he completely disregards in his evil path so his character doesn't have shit left).
>>
Delsin could have been alright if they touched on his family roots and friends more than it did. All he really had was Reggie and a Possibly Indoctrinated Fetch to talk to.
>>
File: Fetchin dat ass.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Fetchin dat ass.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>338238069

Cole seemed more like his powers were an inconvenience and he never wanted to be the hero, but did it anyway because of the whole responsibility thing. When it came to Delsin, he was spraypainting buildings and then suddenly decided to go be a hero in the big city because somebody got sick from rock shards. Fetch had a better backstory than he did.
>>
Was Delsin racist?
>>
File: Fetch dat ass.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fetch dat ass.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
>>338239562
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 744x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 744x640
>>338240147
This is the reason why I had to pause my playthrough of First Light so often and fapped furiously
>>
>>338242062

>reminder that they never released her D.U.P costume to purchase
>only people who preordered get her in a delicious bodysuit

One of the few times a preorder has worked out like that.
>>
>>338239607
>"They don't think it be infamous, but it do."
>>
>>338238069
Is the DLC even worth buying? I kinda liked the game but it's a huge step down from 2
>>
I didn't really rate Delsin, but this was the best written charcter in the entire series.

She did NOTHING wrong, and the VA was great.
>>
>>338238069
Delsin wasn't really a character. He was just generic inoffensive protagonist guy.

Cole had quite a bit more personality. Which is weird because Cole didn't really have much personality at all.
>>
>>338243253
Good ending was so dumb. Letting ALL of the conduits free would be a total disaster. I would've preferred to join the D.U.P and reform it from the inside and try to make things less brutal like what happened in the prologue.
Can anyone tell me what happens when you're infamous?
>>
>>338243253
ummm....no.

>I want to keep you safe by locking you in a cage lmao now die haha

she was a legit retard. I thought it was going to be revealed she set up the whole escape so these characters could become heroes and show the world that they didn't need to be executed but nope
>>
>>338243812
>Taking such a simplistic approach

You're the retard here. Post Beast incident, the world was absolutely fucking ready to hunt down and exterminate every single conduit still breathing. She convinced the government to stay their hand and contain conduits instead of carrying out genocide. If you think the brutality of the DUP was her choice then you have it backwards, she couldn't just make it into a cushy rest home for conduits, she had to grant government scientists access and be seen to take a hard line with anyone who wouldn't come into custody. She had to earn the trust of the higher ups to keep the DUP running, and keeping the DUP running was the only thing stopping them hitting the button on wiping conduits out.

The good ending is basically suicide, everyone gets loose, and now when a conduit is found in the wild they'll just get fucking executed on the spot.
>>
>>338243714
You kill augustine, delsin has plans to go to the conduit prison and release everyone but get all their powers too. He heads back to the tribe but they banish him from the tribe, it cuts to credits as he does his orbital strike.
>>
>>338244112
>i'm keeping you in this little box but at least i'm not killing you!

Yeah okay. totally did nothing wrong here.

NOT!
>>
>>338244261
>I'd rather have my entire race exterminated instead of living in captivity

Nice resolve, but I bet you'd be thinking twice if there was a gun to your head. People on death row beg for life imprisonment.
>>
File: prot2.jpg (314 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
prot2.jpg
314 KB, 1920x1200
>>338244112

Honestly going genocide mode on conduits seems the best way to summon the beast 2.0 and wipe humanity out.

If humanity were to go to war against the conduits with no cole to save their assholes, I am sorry but humanity would get their shit pushed in once the more dangerous conduits learned to fully control their power like cole did.

Shame that Activion was too much of a greedy jew to allow a ps4 prototype, Infamous will get more games while poor prototype will be dead forever.
>>
File: 1352186516082.jpg (317 KB, 480x660) Image search: [Google]
1352186516082.jpg
317 KB, 480x660
Let go
>>
>>338244805

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuS6ZJrfZXQ
>>
Half as long, twice as bright.
>>
File: halfaslong.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
halfaslong.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>338245271

How come he didn't get powers?

The TV power that neet in SS had would have really suited him, but instead of anime and fantasy shit it would all be cowboys and 80s action.
>>
>everyone gushes over the evil ending
>had no idea what would happen in good ending
>had me bawling like a damn baby

They're both fucking fantastic, but the good ending needs more love.
>>
File: did-i-leave-the-oven-on.gif (2 MB, 575x290) Image search: [Google]
did-i-leave-the-oven-on.gif
2 MB, 575x290
>>338245179
>>
Despite Cole looking generic as fuck he was pretty animated and had a more likable personality, his cast was also better and they helped to show how cool Cole was, especially through his relationship with Zeke.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 540x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 540x472
>>338245464
>I gotta try
>I know

When I played inFamous 2, I had my best friend backstab me. Our friendship was alot like Coles and Zekes dynamic.
The evil ending had me bawling, since I basically had to play as my former best friend killing me.
>>
File: 1349390808787.gif (570 KB, 350x198) Image search: [Google]
1349390808787.gif
570 KB, 350x198
>Second Son establishes good Cole as canon
>Cole's sacrifice was almost pointless

Why couldn't it have just been an alternate story or alternate universe? Why?
>>
>>338247062

He stopped the beast and stabilised the conduit gene worldwide, so nobody gets sick anymore and only true conduits are born.

It was worth it.
>>
>>338238069
The game's short length gives Delsin no time to develop as a character compared to Cole and his power of stealing other conduits abilities is fucking lame
>>
File: 439287423978923.jpg (20 KB, 323x294) Image search: [Google]
439287423978923.jpg
20 KB, 323x294
>>338243253
Bad ending made some sense to me
>She wanted to make Conduits look like terrorists so the DUP would continue to be supported by the government and protect the conduits and evil Delsin basically makes her look good
But the good ending makes no sense
>She likes Delsin being an example of the public accepting conduits but wants him to be used as an example of how the DUP should still hunt down conduits because they are potential bio-terrorists
>>
>>338247926

Her hands are tied either way, the good ending you just make it harder for her. Good or bad, Delsin still tears the city up and drops hundreds of DUP troops, and she has to make an example of him to protect the DUP's standing with the government.

I just wish there were 2 choices you had to make that resulted in 4 endings, good and bad, and with her and against her. For example, bad with her you'd convince her to join you and the other conduits in all out war against the government, good with her you'd work with her to increase the power and influence of the DUP slowly.
>>
>>338248234
But I mean, I thought the point of the DUP was to basically lock away conduits to protect them from a public that would kill them out of prejudice
Delsin could have been the shining example of the public no longer having prejudice towards conduits but accepting them, which I thought Augustine would have wanted that
>>
When are the ps4 remasters
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.