[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let's out the story aside. How was the gameplay in this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 299x168
So let's out the story aside. How was the gameplay in this received? I'd say this probably has the most fluid combat and stealth of the entire series. Too bad the actual game you're in is full of padding and uninteresting missions and tasks.
>>
>>
>>338237910

I kept hoping at some point the game would shift to actual infiltration and indoor sneaking, but nooooo
>>
>>338237910
Moment to moment gameplay was great, controls and "feel" of the game was excellent.

But the missions and level design were boring and terrible (with a couple of exceptions) and for 90% of them the story reason for doing the mission was so paper thin I honestly didnt feel engaged at all.

Open world was a mistake.

A MGS game with V's controls and systems but with actual designed levels and a tight 10-20 hour story where everything I did had a proper reasoning behind it would be amazing.
>>
>>338237910
Best 3rd person shoot to date! Except walking up hills, I never got frustrated with the controls.
>>
>>338237910
Repetitive, abusive grind and wait systems designed to hook people into FOB system to make money on microtransactions.

Unfair disarmament even heavily stacked in nuke holder's favor, with Konami probably creating nuke platforms just to keep it going as long as possible.
>>
File: 1s.jpg (159 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
1s.jpg
159 KB, 752x1063
>>
>>338237910
>I'd say this probably has the most fluid combat and stealth of the entire series.
Yeah, but it was held back but the unnecessary open-world gimmick.
The game would be much, much better, if it had you infiltrate huge indoor levels, like MGS2, instead of crawling in the dirt like in MGS3.
>>
>>338240970
The environments in MGS3 were far more interesting too
>Networks of caves
>Lakes and rivers
>Forests and hills
>Science labs and armory depots

MGSV seemed to have snapshots of some of these areas but nothing large enough to make us say holy shit.
>>
>>338237910
Had some lame ass bosses and annoying enemies
>TANKS AND CHOPPAHS
I wish the game had more AI types/behaviors like how in MGS2 you had the aggressive assault guys who would operate differently then the regular joes. Shooting and holding up guards isn't as cool either.
>>
File: 1459303694716.jpg (23 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1459303694716.jpg
23 KB, 450x300
>>338239087
That horrible feeling when you realize that Ground Zeroes was a better MGS game than V was.
>>
>>338241558
Ground Zeroes had what, seven sideops? And it still had more variety in sideops than TPP did with its like 150 or whatever
>>
>>338241760
>Extract prisoner
>extract highly skilled soldier
>extract animal
>extract materials
>Eliminate tank/armored unit/etc
>eliminate zombies
>Shoot Targets at X platform

Why wasn't there more diversity?
>>
>>338241558
>listening to conversations was actually useful in gz
>finding that tape in the garbage after hearing people talking about it

tpp had none of that, you had to interogate everyone
>>
>>338239049
what about the mansion?
>>
>>338237910
>the most fluid combat and stealth of the entire series
It isn't, the 4 is the best. Even AI
>>
>>338237910
Great mechanics but mediocre level designs and enemies. The extra ops were just flatout bad generated grinding shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.