[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this game is near fucking flawless how could they top this with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg (62 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
Red_Dead_Redemption.jpg
62 KB, 300x360
this game is near fucking flawless

how could they top this with a sequel?
>>
pc release with mod support
>>
>>338236520
How long since you last played it? Because the first couple of hours of mandatory farming simulator are quite possibly one of the most boring in vidya
>>
the fact that john marston's VA walked away from the video game industry after his excellent performance was too good
>>
>>338236520
It's near impossible to replay because the start is so fucking boring.
also Mexico sucks dick.
>>
>>338236650

theming
>>
>>338236650
I just replayed it today on a fresh save, I fucking loved every minute of it. Especially since I got the duster outfit.
>>
>>338236520
its pretty much perfect but after gtav i dont trust rockstar not to fuck it up in some way. theyre going to try and emulate the gta online model and the whole package will suffer
>>
>dat horse movement
>dat scenery
>dem greetings
>dem minigames
>dem outfits (only could use DA + bandanna outfit with jack, i made john out to be an honorable man with the duster)

it is so much fun
>>
>>338236520

>this game is near fucking flawless
It is one of my favorite games, but it is far from flawless. Part of its charm is all the crazy bugs and wonky physics you can exploit. Also the story in Mexico is pretty bad.

A sequel could easily improve on it. It could also suck hard if it tries to stay too close to the original or be more like GTA. I honestly think the eventual sequel is going to be the hardest game to live up to expectations for this whole gen.
>>
playing poker in that one swampy town while a thunderstorm rages outside. the game had such a good weather system
>>
HOW DID THEY ALLOW GTAV AFTER RDR??
>>
>>338236520
The only way I can play post-game with Jack is using the DA outfit with the bandanna. I think my honor level on my last save was all the way down, with a 5k bounty or something.
>>
>super ebin hold L and press R to win le serious third person shooter with le repetitive fetch quests game
>near fucking flawless

Pick one and only one, and then kill yourself.
>>
>>338238728

GTA is made to appeal to 12 year olds who think an M rating makes a game better. RDR was made to appeal to people who grew up watching westerns in the 1970s-1990s.

In other words, GTA is about the shooting and sex. RDR is about the things kids don't care about. Character development, exploration and atmosphere.
>>
File: top kek bra.jpg (57 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
top kek bra.jpg
57 KB, 609x607
>>338236520
>this game is near fucking flawless
>>
I honestly thought it was overrated.
A good game nevertheless, but way too hyped up.
>>
>near fucking flawless
It had plenty of flaws.
>>
>>338239263
>hold L and press R to win
>he used autoaim
You have no one to blame but yourself.
>>
File: 1461963819984.jpg (78 KB, 340x314) Image search: [Google]
1461963819984.jpg
78 KB, 340x314
>>338236520
>>338236616
>>338236650
>>338236709
>>338236716
I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I SAW THIS EXACT OP WITH THESE EXACT SAME STARTING POSTS THREE WEEKS AGO

>>338236520
THE FLAWLESS OP

>>338236616
THE PC MOD FUCKER

>>338236650
THE BORING FARMER MAN

>>338236709
THE VOICE GUY

>>338236716
THE FAG THAT MAKES ME MAD BECAUSE HE'S ANOTHER BORING FARMER MAN BUT WITHOUT THE FARMER AND MEXICAN

YOU'RE ALL IN ON IT, OUT TO GET ME! A CONSPIRACY, ALL OF YOU! GET AWAY FROM ME RIGHT THE FUCK NOW mexico was great though, best place to just cruise on a horse through. honestly, rdr was fucking amazing, but i guess that's just me. would love to see a sequel. okay thanks bye i love you
>>
>>338240225
It's the default. If I have to go through a bunch of autistic menus to make your game playable, it's a shit game. A game is designed with its default settings in mind.
>>
>>338240915
>If I have to go through a bunch of autistic menus
It's one menu.
>A game is designed with its default settings in mind.
I have no idea what you're even implying with this. Turning off autolock doesn't change the game too much. It's not designed around the autolock. Jesus christ anon, are you ok?
>>
I never finished this game. But recently have thought about dusting off the good ole PS3 for it again. Hmm
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (47 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
47 KB, 403x392
>mexico
>>
>>338236650
>the first couple of hours of mandatory farming simulator
>first couple hours

you must really suck ass if it took you a couple hours to beat a couple intro levels
>>
>>338236650
>implying the farming work isn't what makes the game so great in the first place.

it makes it feel so authentic. it's not some nigga that gets released from prison and starts shooting people 1 minute into the game. no. the first minutes of the game is to establish a setting, to establish your persona and then it all comes crumbling down as you shoot the shit outta everyone. 10/10 introduction to a game
>>
>>338241871
whole game was pretty meh to be honest. best cowboy game is still sunset riders.
>>
>>338242276
BURY ME WITH MY MONEEEE
>>
>>338236520
Remove auto aim from mp
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.