[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone been playing DayZ Standalone lately? I stopped playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (156 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
156 KB, 1280x720
Anyone been playing DayZ Standalone lately? I stopped playing 2 years ago and was gonna wait till more stuff was added...

So is it improved much?
>>
>>338230204
R:0
that's about how improved it is
>>
>>338230204
its the same as it was 2 years ago
>>
>>338230204
literally alpha still
>>
>>338230505
>R:0
?

>>338230527
nothings been added?

>>338230583
i guessed that, but has nothing been added or done in 2 years?
>>
File: 1463283116955.jpg (105 KB, 460x313) Image search: [Google]
1463283116955.jpg
105 KB, 460x313
>>338230673
>>
I'm in the same boat as OP
Are there:
>vehicles
>base building+persistence
>proper loot distribution
>zombies
>zombies that aren't invisible/clip through walls
>>
bump for interest, got the game sitting in my library and was only half an hour over getting a refund
>>
>>338230776
oh... youre shitposting, have fun
>>
I was playing Breaking Point but eventually got tired of running for 30 minutes to a decent gun just to get killed and start over.
>>
>>338230204
its almost good enough to be called a sidegrade to dayz mod now
>>
File: KEK.png (364 KB, 1418x715) Image search: [Google]
KEK.png
364 KB, 1418x715
oh wow
>>
>>338230204
>>338230805
There are vehicles but they've made it such a pain to repair them that I just never bother.
There is no 'base building' and I don't think they're every going to add anything like Rust or DayZ mod. There are several kinds of tents and you can hide bags/loot on the ground and it stays there, mostly.
Loot distribution is in but it's still fairly meh, you can get weapons and gear easily enough if you head north tho.
Still not enough zombies but they don't glitch into walls anymore, they are still buggy pieces of shit tho.

The latest experimental patch optimized the shit out of the game, I get 60fps constantly in every city. But the gameplay is more or less the same, if you got bored of it 2 years ago you'll probably still find it boring.
>>
File: .jpg (216 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1080
You need to play experimental
>>
I got this shit gifted to me and I still feel ripped off.
>>
I have over 300 hours in it, so not as much as some people but enough to have some worthy input. The game has not gotten any better. I thinks it's gotten worse within the past few months. Movement seems more blocky to me. Maybe I've just gotten bored but it doesn't seem worth it anymore spending hours running around seeing No one to gear up only to die by falling off 3 steps on the stairs. Its no longer fun to me. To people who don't have it, don't buy it. If you are watching someone else play it on twitch or YouTube, you probably won't have the same experience. I do miss the update where it would spawn a shitload of guns and ammo in towns. That was fun. Not the original intention of the devs but fuck them. Had the opportunity to turn it into a fun survival game but have spent far too long with nothing to show.
>>
>>338232396
They always said they wanted it to be a hardcore survival game, a proper survival game not GTA with zombies, Dean Hall even said before release that they wanted an apple to be more valuable than a gun.
>>
>>338232745
>they wanted an apple to be more valuable than a gun.

that shit is not fun though. they just need to open it up to modders and someone makes an epoch server and it would be fun. nobody likes fucking running around for hours.
>>
>>338232929
Then you play something else. Just go play Arma 3 Epoch if you want that. Just because you don't like the style of gameplay in the standalone doesn't mean others don't.
>>
So now that I finally have a computer capable of running them, which open world survival game should I go with?

I already have Arma 2 and the expansion, so DayZ mod ain't too much of a gamble, but is Rust good? That gender skin color shit is a little annoying but if the game itself is worth it I could deal.
>>
>>338232929
I agree. Holding the w and tab key while I look at my phone for an hour to run across the map is not fun nor my idea of a game. Their main goal was to have a hardcore zombie survival game and they fucked up some of the most important aspects of it. The zombies are shit. They are just an annoyance. The food is annoying but I'm not sure what could be done about it. I've died more times from glitching zombies or stepping off stairs wrong than I have from other players. PvP is fun. Or rather could be fun. It gets your heart racing when you See Or hear someone. If only the controls were less blocky
>>
>>338233536
It's ok.
There is now a greater amount of things to do but if you go it alone you are fucked.

The community is shit and the game is full of edgy 13 year olds.
If you aren't an autist with 12 hours a day of free time, you will be utterly be btfo by thosr who do.

Basically, you have to be on the server at the same instant as it boots up after a map/server wipe or the obsessive redditors will farm everything and live in 10 story impenetrable castles and have regular hunting parties with full armor and weapons while you are stuck trying to find enough hemp for a pair of pants.

Finding a good server and already having a group of dedicated trustworthy friends is key.
Otherwise, don't even bother buying the game.

It's also not incredibly deep and the updates have slowed down again.
>>
I spent an hour trying to join the 0.60 experimental servers, finally got in but it crashed a minute later

it's quite amazing that it still has all the same bugs as years ago: connection issues, renderer bugs, broken zombies

not sure what they've been doing all this time. really bad prioritization of work I guess
>>
>>338233536
Rust is great fun if you're playing with a few friends in a decent server. If you're gonna be playing alone, I'd give it a skip. Getting ganked literally non-stop stops being fun fast.
>>
>>338233379
there's more people playing epoch than dayz sa. So you're in the minority bud. I've been playing dayz since the mod and I'm not the only one who welcomed deployable bikes. It should be open to modders and you can still have your shitty vanilla servers.
>>
Just play Altis life and then go play breaking point. Altis life is 100 times more fun.
>>
File: 2012-04-30_00002.jpg (291 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2012-04-30_00002.jpg
291 KB, 1600x900
>>338234862
I've been playing since the mod as well. I understand why you wouldn't like it but the way I see it if you want Epoch then go play Epoch. Standalone is trying to be its own thing. Devs don't want modding in the early access because it'll divide the community but there will be modding after release.
>>
>>338235138
>divide the community
what I'm saying is the hardcore dayz players are a minority and really the game is never going to be fucking done at this point so I guess I'm being selfish because I want the inventory management that the SA has but the features of epoch and such. They don't have much of a community for the SA at this point DESU
>>
>>338234862
what's epoch?
>>
Oh man, I completely forgot this game even existed
>>
>>338235138
>Devs don't want modding in the early access

kek are you implying this scam is ever gonna get out of early access?
>>
>>338236354
Why don't you download experimental .60 and find out?
>>
File: 1460954666258.jpg (129 KB, 562x289) Image search: [Google]
1460954666258.jpg
129 KB, 562x289
>>338235138
>hammer down
>>
loving 200 fps with 60.
>>
>>338230204
Soon there will be an fps update which actually optimizes this shit of a game.
>>
>>338236410
What're the .60 servers like in Australia
>>
>>338236768
I didn't know they had internet in Australia
>>
This game has hardly changed in two years. It's just a rip off. Still has the same bugs from when it first releases.
>>
>>338236828
If I wait until me neighbors are all passed out on the grog I get 15 Mbps!
89 didgerdollars a month for 400gb
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.