[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck were they thinking with the controls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Resident_Evil_4_Ganado_village.png (251 KB, 512x286) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_4_Ganado_village.png
251 KB, 512x286
What the fuck were they thinking with the controls?
>>
>>338212597
A pioneering step into third person shooter controls. Or did you think this game wasn't released 11 years ago?
>>
>>338212597
You mean the controls that are heavily influenced by the previous games while being tweaked enough to make combat engaging without being frustrating?
>>
>>338212597

You should think about getting ready for bed. School is tomorrow.
>>
>>338212597
Good and correct things.
>>
>>338212597

OP, do you have trouble with Metroid Prime? Do you shit yourself when you try to play Devil May Cry? Do you get stricken with arthritic stone-hands when attempting to play Super Mario 64?

Fucking trash can't deal with unique control schemes these days. I hate the world.
>>
>>338212738
Not op but doesn't it seem obvious that if you have two joysticks you move with one and shoot with the other? Isn't that basically the reason the ps2 had 2 joysticks
>>
>>338212597
No idea.

I love how morons complain about the tank controls in the old RE games when RE4 was the same shitty tank controls just with over the shoulder camera.
>>
>>338212597
It's how you're supposed to shoot. Also, it adds tension.
>>
>>338213646
No, the PS1 had implemented the Dual Analog for camera control. The Gamecube's was for the exact same thing that's why it's the "C" stick.

Now sure many TPSs now use the field of vision's center for their aiming, but It's actually a pretty important mechanic in Resident Evil 4 to be able to check your surroundings and make sure you haven't let Ganados in through the window.
>>
File: 2015-08-26_00014.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-26_00014.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1080
>>338212738

Holy fuck it has been 11 years.
>>
>>338212597
pleb
>>
>>338212738
Golden eye had better controls.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.