[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost Planet Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15
File: lost_planet.jpg (195 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
lost_planet.jpg
195 KB, 1024x768
Would /v/ like to see a remastering of the trilogy to current gen? Or perhaps a 4th Lost Planet that returns to the roots of the 1st and possibly 2nd? I personally enjoyed the hell out of 1 & 2.. I've never given 3 a chance due to the reviews being fairly poor and I just didn't have as much of an interest at the time.
>>
>>338207936
3 sucks and is a legitimate franchise killer
>>
Oh my God yes why is this beautiful fucking serious dead? Just make a better version of lp2, fuck number 3
>>
Bump. I know there are some of you out there that like this series.
>>
>>338207936
LP1 is awesome and perfectly weeb
LP2 is the same

LP3 is shit. Western devs fucks everything up. Literally the only western dev i have any faith in still is Id Software
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 685x385) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 685x385
>>338207936
It could have been space mon hun.
>>
I'm curious as to what made 3 as bad as everyone says it is. Surely it had at least some redeeming qualities to it?
>>
>>338207936
bring 2 to steamworks so we can have the multiplayer back
>>
>>338211479
It's 1$ on humble so go get it and see for yourself.
>>
Lost Planet 2 was probably one of the best games ever made, so you're damn right I'd want to see an actual Lost Planet 3.

>>338211479
Don't listen to that other guy. Take all the things you enjoyed about the other games, then remove them in favour of trying to make the game a Dead Space clone with a focus on story that just ends up disregarding and retconning what was in place.
>>
File: 21496404.jpg (340 KB, 1000x702) Image search: [Google]
21496404.jpg
340 KB, 1000x702
>>338210017
This nigga gets it, but at the same time, he don't.

LP2 was amazing, but the casual market will constantly bitch and whine about the controls because it didn't allow you to break animations to go do something else immediately, also bitching about WHY NO COVER SHOOTAH?

Honestly, best thing they could do is just port LP2 to steam works, and maybe kind of do SOMETHING with EX Troopers, I don't know what, but there's someone at capcom who seems infatuated with that game as a brand and keeps trying to do everything with it that isn't another video game.
>>
I'd rather see that spinoff get brought over finally. E.X. Troopers would be so rad.
>>
>>338212678
The problem with EX Troopers to me is similar to the problem with LP3, they split the original game in half and focused directly on one side while losing part of what made the original so compelling, leading to it seeming very confused and all over the place. Having lock on in a game where part of the challenge is aiming for certain weakspots just seems like such an unnatural element, and making the gameplay faster with an emphasis on movement but then still removing free use of the anchor, the series' defining movement tool makes absolutely no sense.

Of course it still at least kept some semblance of the soul of the series (the freeform gunplay and using the environment and preferred weapons to tackle enemies in your own style) and looked fun to play, unlike LP3, so I would have probably enjoyed the compromise game if they had actually released it outside of Japan.
>>
What ever happened to the developer that made 1 and 2, whats the series future look like?
>>
>Lost Planet 4
>Capcom gets their shit together and uses glorious nippon power to make game instead of letting west pleb dev ruin it
>It will be Dragon Dogma with guns
>Ayyy lmao plants a parasite on your body and it will grow to eat you if you don't kill the broodmother in [insert number] years
>However the parasite doesn't want you to die before it matures it gives you multiple powah
>You can recruit mook ayyy to be your meat shield, or ride them, to sell their bodies to earn cash
>Level up by absorbing stronger ayyy core
>2 endings: 1 where you kill the mother and become human again, but with ayyy power, the other one is you absorb the parasite and become super boss ayyy, ruling the planet together with your new wayyyfu
>>
>>338207936
How about they bring over the best Lost Planet game to the west?
>>
File: 51275499_p0.png (18 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
51275499_p0.png
18 KB, 800x400
>>338213481
EX Troopers probably actually did more with the lore than 3 did, at the very least it didn't totally murder it and gave more dumb shit to worry about, like Akrid migration seasons around the solar system every several decades and worrying about it fucking over a planet's T-ENG supply if/when they leave.

While I can't say anything to defend the loss of the free movement the grapple brought, they changed shit up so that you counter shots from last moment evasions, and the ability to melee dudes into the air and then juggle them with gunfire, in versus it leads to some real dumb shit that tends to be hilarious.

T-ENG might as well be FF7 lifestream at this point after all the shit that can be done with it
>>
LP fell off by not continuing the plot of the first game. Which is lame because I think the series had stupid amounts of potential, it would have been the best series ever for like 5 different genres.

Make LP4 but actually continue the story of the first game.

Also
>DAT FINAL MECH BOSS BATTLE FROM LP1

Literally shits on any ZOE fight ever, one of the best boss fights ever and quite possibly the best mecha battle ever aside from white glint in AC4A.
>>
>>338207936
Sure, 1 and 2 were legitimately fun. Never played 3 because I saw too many reviews like this >>338208454
>>
File: 1364043546216.jpg (201 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1364043546216.jpg
201 KB, 640x480
>>338207936
Lost Planet 3 is genuinely good. I only felt dissapointed at the end when I realized there were no VSs.

Despite that, its a great adventure on its own merit. I'd recommend a playthrough heartily.
>>
>>338214445
Oh don't get me wrong, the boosting, dodging and expanded melee did look like fun additions, and some of it actually did seem like a natural progression that would have been nice improvements to an LP2 base, but they certainly cast out far more than they should have in the name of trying to make an over the top anime style game, and some omissions are just odd. They could have had moves combining the boost and grappling for example, and just more grapple related stuff in general to go with the fast paced combo style. I don't know too much about it's story but I doubt they could have done much worse than LP"3" did.

I just want more LP2, it was borderline perfect. And now it's dead and never coming back because somehow people couldn't see how great it was, least of all the people who even made it.
>>
Keeping your T-ENG in check in the first was something I really liked. Seeing those large pools of glowing orange and getting a huge number boost!
>>
File: 56193534_p0.png (2 MB, 1000x977) Image search: [Google]
56193534_p0.png
2 MB, 1000x977
>>338215591
LP3 is painfully mediocre, it's a generic by the numbers, over the shoulder TPS, outside of mech gimmick which only really came into play at several boss fights.

LP3 is a rediculously bad LP game for sure, but if your trying to view it as it's own thing outside of the brand, if you have access to other third person shooters, you might as well play any of those first since LP3 plays like a bootleg dead space with shittier weapons.

>>338216091
Yeah, grapples were just mandated to grapple points at specific points on maps, or being shown in any of the anchor dive moves which are you dragging large akrid to the ground to give yourself a breather and make it easier to blast their weakpoints.

Not much to say about that really, but I've heard even in japan fans of the series were upset EX Troopers didn't keep the same trappings as the previous games, which might go towards why the game bombed in sales. I still like what they did with it though, not gonna say I don't want more of what LP2 was doing, but I don't hate this either.
>>
>he didn't use the all-star perk at all times
>>
>>338213626
Wow, this legitimately sounds good
>>
>>338214997
But that Final Boss in 1 was the lamest fight in the series, 2 knew what was up when they decided to make everything over the top
>>
I really hated the combat in 2

The monsters were epic, but the damage chip was tedious af
>>
Red eye fight was fucking crazy
>>
>>338218464
>LP2
>Bullet sponges

Nigga, were you just trying to use the pistols and melee on everything, because it sounds like you didn't do anything.
>>
>>338218278
What are you talking about anon?

The final fight in LP1 is hype as fuck
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4La7zMwZOXM

I liked it because it actually made got really master the mechanics and fucking fight like my Dick was hard as diamonds.
>>
>>338218616
I really didn't get far into it, but this was a few years ago

I should pop it in again this weekend
>>
>>338218685
Dealing damage is mainly a matter of knowing when and where to strike. For an easy example, the first boss can be killed in about 5 seconds if you know what you're doing. No boss should take too long though even when playing inefficiently unless you're just dying to it or something. You should definitely try it again though, game's fun as hell.
>>
2 is literally my favorite TPS of the last gen (but Vanquish is objectively the best).
I fucking hate pussy cover shooters.
There is so much amount of hype in the campaign, as a mechas and mh lover it was heaven. I need to buy the PC version replay it with some friends, does the online stilll work ?

Also, WHY IT'S NEVER ON SALE, NOT EVEN IN THE HB.

FUCK
>>
File: 1412220931721.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1412220931721.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>tfw your best friend gives you his last very last bit of T-ENG so you can survive

if their was anything to love about LP2 it was the glorious Co-Op it had, no game ive played to date can match the amount of fun i had going akrid hunting with bros in LP2
>>
>>338219125
DeadSpace 2 for me, but they're pretty different games

Speaking of which, why is the LP franchise a mirror or DeadSpace in terms of sequel success?
They even came out the same years, mostly
>>
File: 1438835107736.jpg (604 KB, 986x1378) Image search: [Google]
1438835107736.jpg
604 KB, 986x1378
>no game will ever be as fun to bro-op as LP2

For fuck's sake, it had COMBINING MECHAS.
>>
>>338207936
I think a fourth returning to what two had would be hella fun, but three was the shot to the back of the head for the series.

A remake of two with non GFWL and also bringing in Akrid Hunter from the expanded one would be fucking amazing though
>>
>>338219805
Also that shit with the special weapons where you go into overdrive mode and your teammates send you their energy to fuel your spirit bomb. I didn't even know you could do it until my second or third playthrough
>>
File: 1392136374453.jpg (14 KB, 243x280) Image search: [Google]
1392136374453.jpg
14 KB, 243x280
>>338219805
>getting your friends together and using the V-Device to wreck enemies while doing sentai poses.

truely the best
>>
File: LP2BlackholeCollapse.jpg (165 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
LP2BlackholeCollapse.jpg
165 KB, 1024x768
>>338220391
There's several versions of it, there's the default version which is just the laser, then depending on what weapons the first person to take up the pose behind you has equipped, you can have a giant laser sword that cleaves like up to half the map away, summoning a miniature sun that you throw like a spirit bomb, or creating a field that absorbs all the T-eng in a huge radius from everything.

There might be some more, but those were the ones people have found out about so far.

Also TFW someone gets the black hole VS
>>
I was a fucking legitimate fan of the series bought Colonies edition and LP2 on day one after being blown away by 1, and then capcom goes and kicks me in the teeth with LP3.

It probably aint coming back but they did promise in an investors meeting to stop outsourcing their ip's so if it does there's that.
>building new franchise from new ip
>3rd game in, you hand it off to some no name western developer and let them do whatever the fuck they want
>No VS
>Grappling nerved, only allowed to grapple onto designated grappling spots.
>>
>>338220739
God there's so much I still haven't found out or experienced and I have hundreds of hours in that game.

Does anyone have a good setup for getting coop to work?
>>
File: 1413139487139.png (101 KB, 541x417) Image search: [Google]
1413139487139.png
101 KB, 541x417
>lost planet 3
>you play as some redneck dude
>long and boring story with none of the campy charm of the original or the second game
>>
>>338207936
lost planet one remaster? never, they used a korean boy band member for his face they would have ti hide his face to even consider it

>why not do that
not a big enough series to get the rights to his face or edit it out
>>
>>338221023
>removes all of the fun from the previous two
>alienates the niche audience it had gathered so far in an attempt to attract the bro gamer crowd
>casuals don't want it either
Who was that game fucking made for?
>>
>>338220976
Capcom needs to get off their asses and port that shit to Steamworks, it would be great finally getting back in the multiplayer
>>
>>338221161
I think I've gotten it working with one of those programs for simulating LAN or whatever but it's always a bitch
>>
>>338220976
Play it on console, or if you have to go on PC, get some people who you know you can be dedicated to getting through GFWL bullshit and get it running.

Really all you need to do is install the game, uninstall the version of GFWL that it installs because that shit can never be patched, then go over to microsoft's website, comb through it for their download of the latest version of GFWL, install that that, now try to run LP2, it will act a little wonky at initial startup but it will get going, then it plays fine from that point on.
>>
>>338221249
Man I didn't even know there was a version of GFWL that still worked, thanks for the tip
>>
>>338221249
what's better? ps3 or 360? i have both
>>
>>338222224
PS3 on the basis of you would still have japanese players to work with, and you ain't paying for online like you would on 360.

I only end up playing LP2 on PC anymore, and that's only during several time per year when friends all decide we're gonna get drunk and do dumb fucking shenanigans. Only action my PS3 is getting nowadays is weekly matches of EX Troopers.
>>
That's it. I'm gonna go and buy LP2 for the PS3 and look for some bro's to play the entire game with. Anyone wanna join up?
>>
whens the next lost planet 2 steam sale
I want new grubs to coop with ;_;
>>
You know Honestly thought this game was Monster Hunter but with mechs and gns.
>>
>>338222648
Sorry m8 I'm PC only
>>
>PS3 has Monster Hunter armor
>PC plays above 20 fps

It's a tough sell.
>>
Whats the appeal of this series? Can I play offline coop/splitscreen?
>>
>>338207936
I want e.x. troopers 2
>>
>>338224827
It's a fun TPS where you fight against huge motherfucking alien bugs, the weapon variety is nuts, you have a grappling hook that lets you go almost anywhere on the map. It's just a really fun, well made series barring the third one. I don't know about the first game but the second has 4-player online and 2 of you can play on the same machine.
>>
Anyone have any idea how to import save data? I've already 100% unlocked everything twice and don't want to start from square one again

>>338224827
Yes you can, and up to 4 person online coop
>>
File: 12016236.jpg (127 KB, 577x480) Image search: [Google]
12016236.jpg
127 KB, 577x480
>>338224827
No, there is no splitscreen, you can LAN systems together and have them play off diffrent TVs, the console versions allow for that much. But really only LP2 has co-op, the rest all only have versus modes. Well except for EX Troopers, it has co-op as well.
>>
>>338225181
Are you high? There is 100% local coop
>>
>>338224827
Lost Planet 1 is a quirky TPS where you fight giant alien bugs
Play it on hard mode because its so much more fun then
Lost Planet 2 is a coop TPS with insane as fuck missions
Only real issues with it are the stupid slot machine bullshit (though you can get all of it with like an hour and a half of a grinding exploit) and so many loading zones
>>
>>338225296
I have never seen any semblance of SPLIT-SCREEN COUCH CO-OP in any of these. Are you sure your right?
>>
Does anyone play lp2 on the 360 still? I popped the disc in a few days ago and couldn't find a match. Weirdly enough the scoreboard indicated people have been playing.
>>
Friend and i are thinking of getting lost planet 2 just from watching videos of all the insane huge bosses you fight

Does it ever go on sale? Should we wait until that shitty steam summer sale?
>>
>>338225530
They rarely put it on sale because they know it's the only one people want to buy, but it does go on sale

>>338225382
Yes
>>
>>338225382
Yeah, it's totally there on the console versions. Can't say anything about PC but I only played online on that one.
>>
File: 1463352809157.jpg (69 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
1463352809157.jpg
69 KB, 800x567
>>338224827
LP1 single player was alright.
The fun of it was goofing on in multiplayer with rocket only matches. Sadly, that part of the game will never return. I only played the LP2 demo but it seemed to stay true to the series.
LP3 should be lit on fire, I gave up 1 hour into it.
>>
>>338225782
The real fun of LP1: Colonies Edition though was Akrid Hunter. I spent hundreds of hours playing that game mode one summer and it was a great introduction to the series for me
>>
File: 1436135569023.jpg (189 KB, 678x531) Image search: [Google]
1436135569023.jpg
189 KB, 678x531
YOU PLAYED THAT FUCKING LP2 ONLINE DEMO FOR HOURS, DIDN'T YOU?
>>
>>338225993
>Hours

Try days. I must of killed that boss 50 times.
>>
>>338225882
>LP1: Colonies Edition
Is this something new? LP1 was my first game for the 360 which was some time ago and It's been years since I looked back at the entire series.
>>
>>338226587
No they rereleased 1 some time after 1 had come out with a bunch of extra shit in it including the Akrid Hunter multiplayer mode I was talking about
>>
File: 1460768494189.jpg (23 KB, 586x509) Image search: [Google]
1460768494189.jpg
23 KB, 586x509
>>338225993
maybe.
>>
>>338226047
Too bad that boss was probably the most fun one
>he literally shits you out after you fuck up his insides
>>
>>338226938
The boss in chapter 3 was amazing simply because of how much work you had to put in and all the various roles people had to play to make it happen.
>>
>>338226771
I assume no one plays the original anymore right?
Wiki says the colonies edition and original don't share the same save states and MP. Shot in the foot to create such a split instead of just making it a DLC
>>
>>338227416
I mean current me sees it as pretty shitty for anyone that loved the base game but younger me saw it as a great way to get into the series, plus it was only 30 bucks new.

I don't know how alive it is. I do remember that the mode I played was starting to dwindle at the end of the summer I played it, so I don't have high hopes
>>
>>338227416
Colonies had cross-platform multiplayer, meaning PC and Xbox360 versions could play with eachother, it also means that version has GFWL forever tied into it for that reason.

Pretty sure the vanilla version got a port to steam works recently, but it sounds like both versions might be fucked for one reason or another now.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.