[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMORPG Ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
What are some ideas or concepts you wish to see added to current MMOs?

Or if you were to design an MMO from the ground up, what kind of things do you want in it that will make it stand out from the other copy paste games on the market today?
Mobility for one. To be able to travel around the map anyway I want, be it sprinting along the ground or swinging through the air like Spiderman. Or just shooting yourself via cannon or explosion to the other side of the map. Be the most creative way to get from point A to point B. Along with that idea, massive monsters like from SoC that you must climb to get to their weak points to inflict damage. Be able to set up catapults from afar to launch your character to their torso so they can latch on and climb up faster.
Add in character collision so that world bosses would have to be choreographed properly or else you'd knock off your team mate. Add factions that fight each other while fighting the monsters.
>>
I'd like an MMO based primarily around trading, gathering and crafting with some minor elements of PvE such as gathering leathers, clearing mines/paths for roads, etc. Kind of like an MMO Rune Factory.
>>
I want a good mecha MMORPG.
>>
>>338209573
We had one of the best Mecha online games ever made by FROM right before the souls shit started.
Nobody bought it though because it had super weapons.
>>
Add good gameplay to The Secret World and it would be literally perfect.
>>
>>338209487
I want this, I essentially want RuneScape but more expanded in crfting and trading and less grindy.

What is Rune Factory anyway?
>>
>>338207303
The ability for the community to make their own settlements
Give players basic lodges like a tiny house or tents, and give some sort bonus to give incentives players having their headquarters grouped together
>>
I had an idea to switch up the standard questing routine in themepark MMOs. Instead of going to a zone, collecting 30 quests, and spending the next two hours doing the circuit and checking off items, limit it to one quest per zone. One overarching goal the player can achieve for massive exp, with many different ways to complete it.

I'll use Westfall from vanilla WoW as an example. Instead of wandering into the zone and getting bombarded with exclamation marks, the player is sent there from Stormwind to kill Van Cleef. There would be multiple ways of doing this. You can simply bulldoze your way into Defias camps to interrogate VC's lieutenants and intimidate them into giving him up. You could use stealth and deception to follow VC's history and track him down that way. You could join the bandits and sow yourself into their inner circle, taking him down from within. There are multiple options, giving opportunity for useful non-combat skills, making the leveling process more enjoyable to redo, and providing players with tips and secrets to share with each other.
>>
>>338210007

Rune factory is like harvest moon, only with PvE elements.
>>
>>338209487
>>338210007
Fucking Black Desert Online.

How new to MMOs do you have to be to not know these already exist, especially since ones that were talked about on /v/ before and after they came out.
>>
>>338210926
>How new to MMOs do you have to be
Literally only MMO I've ever really been into was RuneScape and I don't play them anymore.
>>
>>338210926
>no free trade
>good commerce-based mmo
pick 1
>>
>>338210926

From what I've heard of BDO it is not focused on trade, crafting or gathering and is mostly a PvP shithole.
>>
My idea:
a game where, when you kill a boss you take his/her place. forging the "evil" faction from players that killed the bosses, and they will try to conquer the world. The "good" players will of course try and stop this.
>>
File: 1457225428478.jpg (20 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1457225428478.jpg
20 KB, 255x256
>>338207303
I've alway had this weird idea about an MMO, you know how they always start with you are the chosen and all that bullshit, to end up just having another million chosen ones running around

I thought about making it really about chosen ones, but only a few. I mean, you start making your account, and at random, you are given the option to be the special character, you have extra abilities and stuff, but there is a catch, if people find out they might try to kill/rob you, people at stores will treat you differently (some will give you disccount, some will charge you more)

other players would have "normal" characters, and if they find a chosen one (I don't have a proper term for them atm) they can choose to try to befriend them or attack them, it could also lead to factions being created, guilds dedicated to hunt special players, etc. There are a lot of possibilities, but of course everything would have to be balanced to avoid shit being broken

it could be retarded to do this, but to me it sounds pretty interesting
>>
File: yeee.gif (979 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
yeee.gif
979 KB, 450x253
Vanilla WoW but with more complex gameplay and character building.
>>
>>338211984
how about if you kill the chosen one, you become the chosen one
whoever dies keeps their stack of cash and equipment, but all their chosen one specific assets are lost and given to the killer
just need a way to incentivise players to work together and either protect/hunt him instead of everyone buttraping him
>>
I would like a UI-light MMO.
>>
>>338212631
that's sounds pretty cool actually

as I said everything would need to be balanced in some way, ideas like that could help a lot during development and as you said, keep the players incentivised
>>
>>338211984
What would happen if a chosen one kills another chosen one? would he be chosen chosen one?
>>
I'd make an MMO where what class you picked in the beginning of the game completely changed the core gameplay experience.

Like whether you chose hunter, warrior, explorer, craftsman, artist or politican changed whether you wound up playing an FPS, beat-em-up, 3D collectathon, minecraft, guitar hero or RTS.

I know that's one of those "the scope is way too big!" things, but since most MMOs these days are coming from big name, big-budget studios, all you'd have to do is take a bunch of half-finished / shelved projects of various genres and hold them together with staples and tape. Just kitbash all the art assets together and use some common netcode to link all of that shit together.
>>
>>338207303
MMO set in a postapo world so far in the future, you use magic and swords again.
Yet you venture into dungeons and buildings that are simmiliar to modern era buildings.
For example you find a skyscraper etc.
>>
>>338213262
maybe get a buff that last for a day or so, so they victim has to wait a little bit before trying to get revenge or just get their stuff and don't get anything else
>>
>>338211984
A riff on this idea: make it like Avatar

Where when the chosen one dies, the next race in The Cycle is selected, and the next player (on that server) to create a character of that race will immediately BECOME the next chosen one.

Little SELFISH incentive to kill the chosen one, since you can't gain his powers and no matter what it will always be a noob who has his immense power if he does die. Better cause to seek him out and protect him so that your alliance/race/guild has him on your side.

But you would also want to assassinate him if he WASN'T of your guild/class/race/alliance so that one of your own could have the power
>>
>>338213997
I actually thought about making it like avatar, but having just one person like that would make it kind of boring, so I decided to go for something that included more people

but if it is handled well, the avatar setting would work too
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.