[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What now, bitches? http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl es/2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 501661.jpg (768 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
501661.jpg
768 KB, 1920x1080
What now, bitches?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-05-19-the-elder-scrolls-online-added-millions-of-new-players-in-2015
>>
It's a good game. I mean it took 2 years but it's good now. Bummer about the PVE though. PVP is fantastic atleast.
>>
>>338198032
Combat is still shit
>>
>>338198197
It's Elder Scrolls Combat. What'd you expect?
>>
>>338198032
Most of those are likely console players.

What MMOs do they have other than ESO? I know it's their only non-science fiction MMO option.
>>
>>338198569
Still, PC is alive and well.
>>
>>338198569

I've started playing again after not having played in about a year, and I see quite a few people, on pc. Though megaserver is a big reason for that. The game will never really feel dead except in some Veteran zones that aren't end game.
>>
File: unimpressed.gif (415 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed.gif
415 KB, 500x332
>>338198032
So they're financially successful. I'm sure their stockholders are happy.

Is it fun to play?
>>
>>338200067
Actually, after the DB update hits, Vet zones are going away.

Vets will be in the same zones non-vets of that faction are in. (I honestly have no idea how leveling in these new Vet+Non-vet zones is going to work, but it is.)

>>338200146
It's a pretty good Elder Scrolls game.

I'd say it's better than skyrim, but a little worse than Oblivion.
>>
>>338200146

I'd say so, if you like elder scrolls games it pretty much plays like them, but with random ass people running around and chatting in the zone, sometimes jolly cooperation takes place in delves and public dungeons (since xp and loot are given for everyone who tags)

There's a crime system where you can sneak and steal shit, just like the single player games, and guards that will attempt to arrest/kill you if you have a bounty (eventually they want to make it so that other players can kill you if your bounty is high enough)

Unlike other MMO's, where you go to a town, pick up 7-8 quests at once, and then go into a field and kill x of y mobs or whatever, each subzone of a zone has 1, maybe 2 quests max, but they're usually multi-step quests that are story driven, the game makes some use of phasing, IE, when you enter a subzone and take on a quest, the town is occupied by hostile enemies, when you complete the quest to take the town back, the hostile enemies are gone, forever.

Personally, i find the questing satisfying, but, it's odd, I'll go and do one or two quests in an area, finish and feel satisfied and like it's time to take a break, I just say "That was fun" and log out.

Where in other MMO's I keep going until I'm exhausted, cause, gotta get that xp.

There's less addictive drive to keep grinding and more of a sense of fulfillment because you completed a story arc... or at least that's how I've felt about it.
>>
>>338200324

Veteran Ranks are going away but I think that the zones will still be segregated by faction for Cadwell's Silver/Gold, mobs will instead have a champion level (the main difference between Veteran Ranks and Champion Levels is that Champion Levels are account wide.. so every character that hits level 50 will be your max Champion Level, rather than having to grind Veteran Ranks on each individual character)

It's mostly making it more alt friendly, and allowing all level 50 characters to collectively work on progression rather than individual character progression. I like the sound of it.
>>
>>338201901
>Veteran Ranks are going away but I think that the zones will still be segregated by faction for Cadwell's Silver/Gold

This is false. Vet zones are going away.

The second you hit level 50, both of the other faction's areas open up to you. Vet zones are going away and you'll just explore with the other two factions.
>>
>>338202097

so how is the xp going to work if the mobs are really low level you won't get xp for them at 50?
>>
>>338198145
i played about a year ago and the pvp was pretty shit and owned by super nerds who played 24 hours a day everyday and were able to 1v15 kids and never come close to death, unless they removed that the pvp is prob still garbo bud
>>
>>338202308

There's campaigns where there's no Champion Points, once Veteran Ranks are also dropped, it'll be balanced at level 50 if you're in the no CP campaigns.
>>
>>338202239
I have no idea. They're apparently making it work. So, you'll still get Vet amounts of EXP from killing a mob in the other faction's zones.

Maybe you're downscaled? I have no idea. You'd have to ask someone that's played the PTS.

Most likely, it works exactly like the DLC zones do. (Everyone is scaled to max the whole way through, but get EXP equivalent to their own level)
>>
Does it have a subscription fee?
>>
>>338202640
Nope. It's buy 2 play.
>>
Yeah I was one of them, played it for about 30 minutes before dropping it.
>>
>>338202640

Optional.

You can buy the game and play it no sub, no penalties, but there are newer areas that are DLC. Two ways to get that DLC. either you buy the crowns, then buy the DLC and it's permanently unlocked for you, or, you subscribe and get access to all the DLC areas until you stop subbing.

Subbing is $15 a month and they give you $15 worth of crowns per month as well, the sub is almost like an automatic purchase of $15 of crowns per month, but with the bonus of having access to the DLC while subbed, and also a 10% xp bonus.
>>
>>338202308
>super nerds
>prob
>garbo
>bud
You lost your way to Reddit, kid.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.