[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 20
File: Ghostbusters_videogame_front2.jpg (136 KB, 300x376) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters_videogame_front2.jpg
136 KB, 300x376
Opinions on this game?
>>
p good
>>
>>338186038
Fucking love it, Dan Arkyord even said in an interview that if Ghostbusters 3 was never made this was considered the third movie.

Basically controls like dead space, it's linear but that's because they're trying to tell a story. You also get upgrades so you're not just using a proton stream and you get to explore the firehouse and interact with collectibles.

It takes place after the 2nd movie.
>>
Pretty friggin good, and a canon sequel. Play this instead of seeing the shit reboot movie
>>
Yeah it's great, I expected a shitty movie game but it's awesome.
>>
>>338186038

it's really good, linear but the story is on point, and the gameplay isn't just mindless button smashing.
>>
>>338186419
>Sequel to a beloved movie series is a video game

It's like Alien:CM but actually good.
>>
File: 97442.jpg (570 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
97442.jpg
570 KB, 1920x1200
>>338186759
Agreed
>>
Pretty good. A little short, but it was well written and even the MP was fun.
>>
I've been meaning to play this for awhile especially with the shitty reboot coming up, is the PS3 version good?
>>
>>338186038
It's a decent third person shooter with Ghostbusters aesthetics and gear. Been a while since I played it so I don't remember the plot much, but I think the banter and characters were still on point.
RIP Harold Ramis
>>
>>338186926
The game was supposed to have one more full level, where the Ghostbusters have to fight possessed parade floats. You can still find the cut scene on the disk when data mining, and the mayor actually references the parade in a later cutscene. Nobody knows why it was cut, but if it had stayed in, the game would have been the perfect length.
>>
File: ff_ghost_dan_schoening.jpg (276 KB, 600x863) Image search: [Google]
ff_ghost_dan_schoening.jpg
276 KB, 600x863
>>338186996
Yeah, I have it on PS3. The only thing that sucks is the servers for the MP is gone so you can't play MP with your bros
>>
>>338186038
Fantastic and the real Ghostbusters 3. Only thing I disliked is that Murray literally phoned in his lines (while golfing) and didn't seem to really care much, while everyone else from Aykroyd to Hudson all seemed really into it. Not sure what's up with Murray or why he doesn't like Ghostbusters much. Hell If I recall correctly he didn't sign on to voice the game until they offered him a part of the GB franchise.

I was hoping, even though the new movie has nothing to do with it, that a Real Ghostbusters game would be made with the same control scheme and care that the 2009 game did. Instead we get another Sanctum of Shit based off the new movie. I think just about everything I've loved as a child has been raped in some fashion.
>>
>>338187082
That sucks, is there splitscreen?
>>
File: 1457829290177.jpg (104 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1457829290177.jpg
104 KB, 680x680
Its a pretty shitty tps with some good dialogue and voice acting.

Got pretty painful to play at a certain point I recall
>>
>>338187220
No, just single player sadly.

>>338187249
Obvious bait or just sucked in the nether dimension
>>
File: 1393303912063.jpg (92 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
1393303912063.jpg
92 KB, 768x960
>>338187028
>>
They did a good job of making the entire ghostbusters HQ in 3D that you could walk around, even if it served almost no purpose in the game
>>
>>338187546
it got tedious to play around when that manor rises out of the hudson river. I kept going simply to see what nifty shit it unlocked and to finish the story, which was done perfectly. People gripe it just revisted all the GB1 locations for fanservice but they actually have legit reasons for going back to those places and it helps explain WHY the events of the movies took place

Rookie was handled perfectly, silent aside from little exclamations and interjections, yet fits right in during cutscenes
>>
It's by no means an amazing game, and it doesn't really break new ground. It's a decent TPS with some funny dialogue and some really cool environments and visuals. If you're a big fan of Ghostbusters 1 and 2, there is a whole heck of a lot to enjoy in this game. The original cast reprise their iconic roles, and the player is a heretofore unknown 5th Ghostbuster, so you feel more like you're going on an adventure with the characters rather than BEING the characters, which I think adds a lot more to the game that it would've had you actually been controlling one of the gang. I'd give a solid recommendation if you're looking for something enjoyable and a little different to play..
>>
File: BhbOXYACIAA8EYe.jpg (51 KB, 599x908) Image search: [Google]
BhbOXYACIAA8EYe.jpg
51 KB, 599x908
>>338187816
>It got tedious at the last level

gee, I wonder why
>>
I see someone else watched that rant
>>
Any chance of that top down game coming out being any good? In theory it's Ghostbusters and an isometric shooter so I should love it, but Sanctum of Slime proves that wrong and anything tied to the humorless new movie seems to have little chance of being good.
>>
>>338187941
What the fuck is that supposed to mean? There are plenty of games out there that ramp up like crazy for the last bit and leave you wanting more.
Just like when i suck dick. Lookin to get your dick sucked?
>>
Really enjoyed it. I need to revisit it at some point. Closest thing to a real GB3 we're ever going to get.
>>
>>338188246
How could you not want more? Or a sequel? Do you not have a soul?
>>
Anyone ever play the New GB2 games for Game Boy and NES? Apart from OP, they're probably the only really good Ghostbusters games.
>>
I love it, I probably will never play it again but it's very high on my fav games list.
>>
>>338188434
...because i found the last two levels tedious? I didn't think I was being too complex here.
>>
>>338188478
I have and it was great. Ticked off we never got it here in the states cause kid me woulda loved it. No, we had to get the shitty games. All the songs from the movie being done in 8bit was pretty cool.
>>
>>338188542
Obviously we see things differently, I didn't think I was being too complex here.

>>338188478
I have (with emulator) it was super fun though.
>>
>>338188631
I played the shit out of it as a kid. Could never get past the apartment level though. The amount of sub bosses was ridiculous.
>>
How did the game not sell better than it did? You'd think with how fantastic the movies (GB2 gets too much hate for not being as good as the first, it's still good) were and being more or less a third film. Was the marketing not that great? If not, that's a fucking blunder.

To RGB fans did you notice the PKE meter and Citizen Ghost box of old jumpsuits by the containment unit reference?

>>338188919
Apartment area was ridiculously long yes.
>>
>>338186038

I find it incredibly sexist in the current year. Where are the women in the leading roles? We're there even any female ghosts? The patriarchy is strong in this game
>>
>>338189123
And the proton lasers are phallic simbols
>>
>>338189070
Ghostbusters games had a reputation for being godawful for years.

And I'm glad someone else likes GB2. It cheers me up in a big way whenever I watch it.
>>
>Ghostbusters on Genesis
>no Winston

Fucking racists. Winston's mah nigga.
>>
Great destruction
>>
File: ghostbusters.jpg (334 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters.jpg
334 KB, 1600x1200
>>338189070
>Why didn't it sell well?

Poor marketing

>old jumpsuits by the containment unit reference?

yeah, i only knew it because the original developer told about the unmovable boxes

>>338189123
> We're there even any female ghosts?

Yes, Librarian Ghost and Opera Singers, and Spider Queen

>Where are the women in the leading roles?

Annie Potts reprised her role in the game.
>>
I enjoyed it. I also actually played it fucking twice, I mean I love Ghostbusters, but it did not warrant a second play through.

The ghost bustin' mechanics are simple and fun, there isn't much challenge halfway through the game when it comes to catching ghost, but the enemies start to ramp up in difficulty in really frustrating ways.

All in all, it was pretty medicore, it had a good look to it and things like the proton packs looked beatifully rendered but the game suffered from being a medicore third person "shooter".

The varities they gave you with the streams was good too, I mainly used my proton but sometimes you actually had to switch to other ones to kills specific enimies.

It wasn't a bad game but it wasn't anything exceptional. I won't ever play it again, but my memories of my first time playing were fond.

Now I wouldn't be opposed another Ghostbusters game that maybe put more emphasis on busting ghost than being what basically boiled down to a third person laser wrangling shooter. I think the theme and mechanics of Ghostbusters can make an interesting idea and I wouldn't mind busting ghost in some other fashion in the future.
>>
>>338188478
New GB2 had god tier music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY2GtaztoWc
>>
>Ghostbusters thread

Oh fuck yes, I just watched the pair of them the other day. Been dying to revisit some of the games.
>>
File: Arch-Ghost.jpg (47 KB, 700x306) Image search: [Google]
Arch-Ghost.jpg
47 KB, 700x306
>>338189672

Yes! Surprisingly well. When I start really thinking hard the game has a lot of interesting things like that about it but then things like the un-interesting story with SHANDOR and those last couple levels were just, boring.

Also, I want to be the first to say, I admire how much work was put into the flavor text of a lot of the items, and how much the lore was expanded on... But god damn those ghost were BORING.

There could have been WAY better ghosts with maybe personalities, or hell even scary looks. Maybe it was the speed at which they fly around so you never got a good look at them, but the designs didn't inspire much of anything. I think they could have used more personality or something. Overall I liked the game but it has its fault.
>>
File: 1365584986113.png (26 KB, 126x119) Image search: [Google]
1365584986113.png
26 KB, 126x119
>trying to play this game with a mouse
>controller is kill so no other option

A real shame, I've really enjoyed the first few levels I've played, controls notwithstanding
>>
File: slime.jpg (184 KB, 620x340) Image search: [Google]
slime.jpg
184 KB, 620x340
>>338190591

>tfw saw Ghostbusters in 70mm at a local theater
>>
>>338190719

I mean, it was made FOR a controller...

I guess I have one advantage to being an ex-console peasant in that I don't mind using controllers. I have no problem using K+M either and prefer it in many games.One thing I am having trouble letting go though is playing battlefield 4 with a controller.
>>
>>338189936
I mean I know the new movie is a cash grab with little money being used as possible and sexism being their tool to fight off any complaints even if valid, but why did they never use the 2009 games mechanics for another game? They could have easily used it to make an RGB game and it would have cost less overall. Plus you could do a lot more with various different enemies like Boogeyman, Grundel, Sam Hain, etc. Seems like wasted potential with how fun the mechanics were.

>>338190623
I thought Shandor was far more interesting and related to Ghostbusters more than Vigo did in GB2.

As for flavor text I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that wasn't all on Aykroyd. He fucking adores the Ghostbusters universe and the fans. I respect him quite a great deal for how much of a bro he is.

>>338190896
Several years ago they reaired it in theaters in a lot of places and I'd be damned if I didn't go to see it. Glad I did. It's a lot different than watching it at home.
>>
>>338186038
Must play if you are a Ghostbusters fan. It is the real 3rd movie.
>>
File: original.jpg (66 KB, 641x360) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
66 KB, 641x360
Who Vigo here?

I always thought Gozer looked goofy as shit, but Vigo is fucking creepy.
>>
File: 7154536228.jpg (45 KB, 480x534) Image search: [Google]
7154536228.jpg
45 KB, 480x534
>Came to the thread expecting another "JAMES DINDU NUFFIN"
>You guys are actualling discussing games

Im proud of you
>>
>>338191258
Gozer was a lot bigger threat than Vigo. Only reason Vigo had so much power was because of the "mood" slime
>>
>>338190896
>One of the females in the new movie comments about slime getting everywhere, alluding to her vagina.
Just fuck everything about this new movie. Fuck them for using all female cast too. Not cause they're females, but because they hand wave every bit of criticism away with sexism and soggy knees. They did this shit on purpose, god fucking dammit.

>>338191258
He was cool but he needed more to him than just being some wizard. If he had been some kind of actual god trapped in the painting it would have made him feel more menacing. Did you know the person you see and the voice were different people? The man who you see on film and in the painting died, but the voice actor who played him was still alive and that's why you could hear him mock you in the painting during the game. I'm guessing the paranormal explosion reverted the painting because there's no other real reason for it to have changed from the GBs and baby from the second movies ending otherwise.
>>
>>338191617
Max von Sydow voiced Vigo. It blew my mind when I found out.
>>
>>338191617
Mood slime IS temporary, maybe Vigo reverted back to his normal self after the effects wore off?
>>
File: scientist.gif (1 MB, 352x148) Image search: [Google]
scientist.gif
1 MB, 352x148
>>338191161

It was the first time I had seen it in 5-8 years, so it was almost like seeing a new movie. I watched it several times as a kid 12 and under, so alot of the sexual inuendo went over my head. Besides thats, there are so many tiny little nuances to that film that make it so great, and to top it off, it is fucking hysterical, still holds up.

It was also the best thing ever to go see it in a packed theater full of other people just as excited to see it, so that movie just now holds something too special for me. It was a god damn great time, but mostly because Ghostbusters 1 is a god damn good movie.

I actually do like GH2, I just didn't like very few select things like Statue of Liberty and the painting at the end. Other than that, I thought it was a fine movie.
>>
>>338191967
The setup to the Statue of Liberty bit was pretty hokey, but the actual scene itself was great fun, imo.
>>
>>338192373
and vinz clortho
>>
File: ONLYZUUL.jpg (31 KB, 1200x672) Image search: [Google]
ONLYZUUL.jpg
31 KB, 1200x672
>>338191258

sorry m8. THERE IS NO DANA

ONLY ZUUL
>>
File: AREYOUTHEGATEKEEPER.jpg (988 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
AREYOUTHEGATEKEEPER.jpg
988 KB, 1920x800
>>338192562
>>338192514
>>
GB2 isn't as funny as GB1, but I find it a lot creepier. That bit in the tunnel with the severed heads still catches me off guard.
>>
>>338189808
I loved the ghost and monster designs for the game. I actually could visualize a lot of these designs working as 80's era puppets or stop motion.
>>
File: 1372829965971.png (186 KB, 376x445) Image search: [Google]
1372829965971.png
186 KB, 376x445
saw a copy stil in bretty good condition used at ebgame for 20$
should i break down and buy it? i hear its decently rare nowadays, i did play the ps3 demo way back but wasnt a fan of the overshoulder bullshit(still not a fan but i can put up with it now)
>>
>>338194067

I mean, I'm assuming you don't have a PC capable to run this? If not, then yeah go for it. Surprised to hear it goes for that much.
>>
>>338193710

I did too, but it didn't look great in game and there wasn't enough emphasis on them or seeing them. Should have been some more close ups with ghosts in the ghost catching mechanics.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.