[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best piece of hardware this generation. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: ninte.jpg (280 KB, 960x630) Image search: [Google]
ninte.jpg
280 KB, 960x630
This is the best piece of hardware this generation. I'm not kidding. It's even better if you like JRPGs and comfy games. Let's take a moment to appreciate that we have something like this amongst all the disappointment .
>>
I have thoroughly enjoyed my original 3DS. I kind of want to upgrade to the N3DS because the hardware seems so much nicer, but there aren't really a whole lot of games being released anymore so it's hard to justify the purchase.
>>
Honestly, the library seems to be really lacking, especially when compared to the DS or GBA.
>>
>>338181352
I know how you feel. I might upgrade if come across a good deal. I also hate that the New XL doesn't come in matte plastic and that you can't say for sure what kind of screen you're going to get. I'd love to have SNES games on my 3DS though.
>>
>>338181637
Also, calling it "the best of hardware" while it actually is an embarrasement on the actual "hardware" front is kind of amusing.
>>
It's a shame it doesn't have PS1 emulation, because it has bested PSP in everything else.
>>
did anyone upgrade from a original 3DS to a New 3DS (not XL) here? My vanilla 3DS honestly gives me hand cramps after some time. Is the new 3DS an improvement in this regard or do I need to go XL?
>>
>>338182073
You might want to lose some kilos
>>
File: 1434192731262.jpg (15 KB, 307x462) Image search: [Google]
1434192731262.jpg
15 KB, 307x462
>library is shit
>hardware is worse shit
>localisations are the absolute worst shit
What's so great about this thing again
>>
>>338181825
I don't know, there's nothing really wrong with the hardware other than the screen resolution, which could have been higher if they had dropped the 3D gimmick. It's not as powerful as a Vita, but I think that's one of the reasons that it got the unique software that it did. Instead of the console-lite experience that you get with most high-budget Vita games the 3DS has more oldschool handheld-type games, and there's nowhere else to play those right now.
>>
Only Atlus bothered to keep this thing alive. Otherwise, it would be shit.
Monster Hunter on this turd is a turd itself included.
>>
>played Mario 3D Land, ALBW, AA5 and FE Awakening
>played Pokemon Y and OR and they were both awful
>played some indie eshop stuff like Shantae 3, Crimson Shroud, Shovel Knight

Now what? The only reason I turn this thing on anymore is to check streetpasses and play Picross on the train. I'd get Etrian Odyssey but it's ridiculously expensive here.
>>
is there anyway to transfer data over from a 3ds to a new 3ds? Or will I just have to treat it like a new system?
>>
>>338182231
This. It only """became""" really good because you can steal 99% of games on the system.

Also you can inject romhacks and shit into it which kinda neat I guess. Pokemon randomizer certainly makes the game less boring as fuck to play though.
>>
>>338182232
Except some games like Smash literally have to boot a minimum-OS to be able to work on the original 3DS.
This is what I mean by embarrasement. The resolution is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>338182410
>Now what?

Tri Force Heroes is great if you have friends with 3DSes or if you don't mind playing with friends.

Kirby Triple Deluxe is very good. There's also a new Kirby game coming soon.

Bravely Default is great if you like FF5 or FFT.

If you can get RE Revelations for cheap (10-15 bucks), I'd recommend getting it. It's pretty good but has some minor issues.

If you're into puzzle games, I'd recommend Dr. Mario and Pushmo/Pullblox. They are on the eshop.
>>
>>338183463
>playing with friends

*with strangers
>>
>>338182410
how did you not like the pokemon games? nostalgiafag much?
>>
I actually prefer my Vita over my 3DS
>>
>>338183463
Forgot to mention that BD and RE have demos on the eshop. I think Tri Force Heroes might have one too.
>>
To be honest I've always wanted one but I sat down a few weeks ago and decided to write a list of the games I really want to play and I found it to be a bit lacking.

Granted Rune Factory 4 pulls me in like a motherfucker, but I've never been that into Nintendo's first party stuff and that leaves a lot of games out.

>>338183463
Is there really a reason to get Revelations with the console/PC port being a thing?
>>
>>338183630
Same, though I might prefer my 3ds if I actually grew up with first party nintendo games enough to still like them
>>
>>338181260
>It's even better if you like weaboo games and casual games.
there , fix'd
>>
>>338183814
My exact thoughts as well. I've never been a huge fan of Mario and Zelda.
>>
>>338181260
No this is the ds pathetic little brother

The only good thing about it is that you can get every game for free and even then it's not worth it due is inferior library compared to the ds
>>
>>338183792
>Is there really a reason to get Revelations with the console/PC port being a thing?

I haven't played the port but it looks and plays great on the 3DS. Like I said, there's a demo on the eshop if you'd like to see for yourself.
>>
>>338182073
If the 3DS hurts your hands, just get an XL.
>>
>>338181352
>>338181664
I would recommend upgrading if your current 3DS is starting to have problems and die out on you. It is pretty nice to play SNES games and for the very few games that take advantage of the New XL hardware. So overall if you're comfortable with what you have now, then just wait.
>>
>>338181260
I was thinking about this recently, the 3DS does have a really good library. Not DS levels but definitely great.
>>
How is Xenoblade? I recently got a new 3ds and was wondering how it plays on the new 3ds
>>
>>338183463
>Tri Force Heroes is great if you have friends with 3DSes
I heard it has singleplayer and 3-player but no 2-player, is that still the case?
>Pushmo/Pullblox
Thanks, I'll check these out

>>338183619
I hadn't played a Pokemon game since gen1. Was expecting them to have improved a bit since then, but nope. Exact same shit. I'll stick up for Mario and Zelda when people throw the word "rehash" around, but Pokemon is indefensible.
>>
The hardware is flimsy trash though
>>
>>338186172

It's a decent port. It runs about the same as the Wii version, though the textures are worse.
>>
>>338181260
I wish I could combine my 3ds and psvita into one comfy handheld so I can play all my DPRG's and 3ds games on one system.
>>
>>338186267
No two player mode. But you can have randoms playing the third Link. That's what I did with my buddy. We 100% the game like that.
>>
>>338181260
As someone with a hacked 3ds and have the entire library, no it's complete shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 800x800
The 2DS is 50 bucks new in a store near where i live, should i buy one or pay 3 times more for a N3DS? I dont care for 3D and i'll mostly play jrpgs.
>>
>>338187805
Personally I would never buy a 2ds because I can't stand the way it feels when I'm using it. It's also nice that the new 3ds runs MH better, and it also has Xenoblade if you want another JRPG to play
>>
>>338182231
The library is fantastic.
>>
>>338181260
As stand alone hardware, its shit because the resolution is fucking 240p.

I hope its the last we ever have to see a screen that bad.
>>
>>338187997
I don't really care for MH, and I already got Xeno on the Wii. I guess I should try it on my hands first.
>>
>>338181637
Fascinating, when it plays ds games and you can dl many GBA games, and probably pirate them all.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.