[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How DooM ties into Doom 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1463678063842.jpg (313 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463678063842.jpg
313 KB, 1920x1080
So putting the whole "everythung is canon now" multiverse theory into account, what if Doom 3 is chronologically the last one?
If Doomguy's jumping throughout different timelines, what if Doomguy is actually the Ancient Martian's "hero" in Doom 3's mythos? There is a Soulcube easter egg in DooM's campaign, so maybe the current iteration of the UAC found it in Hell after it closed the Hellhole in Doom 3?
>>
Doom 3 is a completely different universe. All Doom realities are connected to the same Hell, though.
>>
>>338179820
Yeah, thats what i meant. If Hell is the constant, then this Doomguy must also be a constant. He's been thrown into several different timelines, so im just making a theory about how he'd fit into Doom 3. He's not the guy we play in Doom 3, he's the mythological hero of the Ancient Martians. To support the theory more, Hell looks significantly more fucked in Doom 3 than it is DooM.
>>
Nobody? I know Doom isnt known for story, but the new game really opened fun possibilities
>shameless bump
>>
>>338179820
>there are infinite universes of doomguys and only one hell

does hell even stand a chance?
>>
Possible. Id seems fine with letting fans decide, so if that's your personal canon go for it.
>>
>>338180192
>To support the theory more, Hell looks significantly more fucked in Doom 3 than it is DooM.
Means nothing, actually. It is made clear there are many different areas of Hell and beyond a general aesthetic they have drastically different geographies and architectures.

That being said, yeah, Doomguy is the Martian hero.
>>
>>338181992
Yeah, i guess youre right about that; Hells landscape has no consistency. But glad you agree that this Doomguy must be the same Hero in Doom 3's backstory.
>>
So, do we all agree that the hooded figure behind the Doomguy in that one parchment is the player?
>>
>>338183095
Do what?
>>
>>338179643
Doom 3 happens during OG Doomguy's imprisonment. You can see some ancient tablets with OG Doomguy in the excavations near the end of the game.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.