[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you trust this ayy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Fungoid_normal_08.png (93 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Fungoid_normal_08.png
93 KB, 300x400
Would you trust this ayy?
>>
File: Reptilian_massive_14.png (157 KB, 460x500) Image search: [Google]
Reptilian_massive_14.png
157 KB, 460x500
Turtles all day every day son.
>>
>>338168542
>Get the multiple crises mod
>First game I play they all spawn on the other side
>Pay for shared sensors with basically everyone
>Watch as all three crises fight each other

My side of the galaxy basically just fucked off and ignored the other side. Was a pretty fun game until the fallen empire in my back yard got mad at all the commotion and ate me.
>>
I think the best way to fix federations is that once an alliance turns into a federation all members incomes including vassles are added up and split equally. This will help stratify the strength of federations, keep a check on the number of members, and make big empires think twice about joining one less the lose a good chunk of their income.
>>
>>338169549
more interaction between members would be nice
>>
>>338170773
There was more but it got cut last minute same as slave stuff. Federation, slaves, and fallen empires were all gimped because they found a system inherent flaw that let players abuse mechanics to basically break the game. They have to rework the system from the ground up.
>>
>>338170974
what exactly got cut
>>
>>338171346
Everything basically. Thats why slaves cant revolt. They refuse to elaborate on what the flaw was. It was a case that no developer tried to break the system and then some one tried and it all fell apart.

The whole system was a form of diplomacy. It was a give and take and promises. For slaves you could have casts to reward "good" slaves and punish "bad" slaves. Other empires could insite revolts by promising things like acknowledging their nation. In federations the president acted like leaders in elections. You could set goals and bribe the other members to go get them. Fallen empires would give missions in exchange of stuff. One mission that was mentioned was an AI fearing fallen empire would trade you fleets in exchange of you using them to hunt AI using empires.
>>
Are there any better win conditions out yet? I pirated it and enjoyed 6-7 hour game, but then I just got fucking bored of it when I was only generating ~1 influence a month
>>
>>338171845
the others sound good the last one sounded awesome, like I'm picking up the torch for the fallen empires
>>
>>338172069
Influences becomes nothing about half way in. Its gets annoying getting the "resource full" warning every other month.
>>
Is it the usual policy of paradox to release games before they're finished? When do you people expect this game to feel complete?
>>
>>338172075
If I had to guess the exploit came from the fact that promises didn't have to be fulfilled by either side. While there were often repercussions I can easily see a player being able to exploit a good faith system.

The problem comes from keeping that ambiguity. Thats what makes the system fun. "The president of the federation promised 1000 credits to build the thing but what if he doesn't pay?" or "The fallen empire promised to let me keep these fucking radical fleets if I kill some AI but what if he is just using me and takes them back?" They probably wanted to rework it from the bottom up instead of having a case of punishments being to harsh so promises turn into assurances.
>>
File: 1451855874935.jpg (106 KB, 627x782) Image search: [Google]
1451855874935.jpg
106 KB, 627x782
>enslave alien race
>my peoples are now unhappy due to slavery
>eventually decide to get rid of slavery
>purge every single alien, causing multiple genocides
>everyone is now happy
>>
>>338172315
Judging from the history I expect about 2 years of continued development and for the game to hit the golden sweet spot at around the 3rd major DLC.

I'm positive its going to be another case of it having 500 DLC's but only 2 or 3 really being needed.
>>
>>338172629
>Take over an AI empire
>Their race has two negative traits and NO positive traits
>Peaceful collectivists on top of that

Good god I hated that I was playing fanatic individualists. I wanted to PURGE them so god damn much.
>>
I really hope they add hivemind races later on.

>Queen/ruler actually matters
>no leaders other than queen
>no ethic divergence
>can't be enslaved or integrated by other empires
>all ships must originate from homeworld or wherever the queen is
>if enemy kills queen entire empire instantly falls
>can't raise skill level for admirals/scientists/etc so dependent on resources and sheer numbers
>can't enslave other races or use their buildings to must purge
>populations require more food than other races
>>
>>338174265
there already in there ive got one on my border in the game I'm in not sure id it does anything
>>
>>338174568
I'm pretty sure there are no real hiveminds, because I tried to create one the other day and I still was dependent on leaders, and there was some slight ethic divergence.
>>
I wish you could make a xenomorph-like parasitic race that increases with power when they enslave or kill other races.
>>
>>338176261
can xeno armies rebel
>>
>>338176664
I guess, they can turn on each other if they feel it'll help with their survival.
>>
File: parasite.png (122 KB, 420x490) Image search: [Google]
parasite.png
122 KB, 420x490
>find these guys
>make a point to exterminate them even if they're super friendly
>>
>>338177078
defiantly one of the most interesting designs
>>
>>338168542
I don't like how the creepy mushrooms got the coolest outfit
>>
>>338178205
It's because they're fun guys.
>>
>>338177078
What if they're symbiotes instead?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.