[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they even bother adding this piece of shit when its only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: SFZ_Gyrowing.png (954 KB, 1600x1169) Image search: [Google]
SFZ_Gyrowing.png
954 KB, 1600x1169
Why did they even bother adding this piece of shit when its only used in 2 levels, and both of those levels can be done with an Arwing anyway?
>>
You can thank Miyamoto for that cancer.
>>
Add some gameplay variety.
>>
>>338160070
Its boring as fuck though, its basically the opposite of Star Fox
>>
File: 1457405703305.jpg (75 KB, 687x686) Image search: [Google]
1457405703305.jpg
75 KB, 687x686
The entire game is a puzzling "why did they do this" experience
I don't know why every level can't be as consistent as Cornelia
>>
>tfw sector omega is too damn short
>>
>>338160486
There aren't nearly enough on-rails levels in general.
>>
>>338159205
Exact same reason they put the Landmaster and Blue-Marine in 64, yet you people celebrate them because of nostalgia.
>>
>>338161279
Landmaster was fine in 64 and its even better here. Most people dislike the Blue Marine
>>
>>338161351
They're not the Arwing, though, Starfox should be nothing but Arwing on rails or else it sucks.
>>
>>338161279
Those both had far better controls than the Gyrowing
>>
>>338161462
>crying assaultbaby
lol
>>
>>338161279
Gyrowing gave me a newfound appreciation for the Blue Marine desu
>>
>>338161561
>wants StarFox SNES back
>"hurr Assaultbaby"
>Assault was half on foot/Landmaster shit

Maybe next time you could try a meme insult that actually applies, retard.
>>
>>338161279
The Landmaster and Blue-Marine were on-rails, at least.
>>
>>338159205
I don't know, why did they bother adding the Blue Marine to 64 when its only used for 1 level, why did they put in the Land Master when its only used for 2 levels?

Variety, that's why.
>>
>>338161279
people shit on the blue marine all the time what are you talking about
>>
>>338159205
Wanted to try something new.
Since everyone hated they submarine and being on-foot, they figured try this and see how it goes.
>>
>>338161279
The only time people actually praised the Blue Marine was when it was in the one Steel Diver game that wasn't completely horrible.
>>
>>338161742
>Assault was half on foot
More like 90% on foot. I think only 2 levels actually played like a regular Star Fox game. I don't mind the games having the occasional All Range Mode segments, but Assault did a horrible job at representing them in a balanced manner. and it didnt help that the on-foot missions were literally just the multiplayer arenas.
>>
>People hated the blue marine level

But why?
>>
Honestly the roadmaster was a lot more fun than the Gyrowing. Wish they found a way to incorporate it into the main game.
>>
>Stealth levels in an arcade space shooter
Why?
>>
>Still no level where you pilot the Great Fox
>>
>>338164138
Not sure about everyone else, but I just hated the fact that it was literally impossible to see anything in the stage without spamming torpedoes.
>>
>>338164623
That and it was slow as fuck.
>>
Actually now that I think about it the Gyrowing would have been perfect for a remake of the Macbeth level.
>>
>Still no unlockable Wolfen level.
>>
>>338159205
Because Star Fox Zero is Wasted Potential: The Game
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.