[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus they KILLED the fucking game. Press F http://www.twitl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: ni-oh_3[1].jpg (56 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
ni-oh_3[1].jpg
56 KB, 854x480
Jesus they KILLED the fucking game.
Press F
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1somso0
>Remove durability bars for weapons & armors
>>
They shouldn't have touched the enemies, but thank fucking god for durability being removed.

What did that even accomplish?
>>
Good. It was a retarded system anyway. It always is.
Why would you want your weapon to break every five enemies?
They should tighten up the loot system while they were at it and put in more unique weapons instead of giving you tens of the same weapon with maybe a little damage increase.
>>
>>338159185
Does that mean they just moved the bars on the hud or they got rid of durability completely? I liked having to change my weapons. It was annoying at first but made playthroughs fun.
>>
>find new sword
>kill a couple enemies
>it explodes
>implying this was good
>>
>>338159468
how do I repair hurr
>>
Most of those seem good. Personally I had no trouble with durability since I found quite a few sharpening items on my travels, also shitton of different weapons and armors to switch between.

But I'm glad that they're listening and fixing some of the bigger complaints.
>>
>>338159616
i did not find a single repair item no matter how many trash equips i fed the shrine
go away
>>
File: 1462672895324.jpg (67 KB, 485x378) Image search: [Google]
1462672895324.jpg
67 KB, 485x378
>3. Enemies
>-Rebalancing enemy attack & defense stats
>-Revise enemies' pursuing ability
>-Rebalancing super armor (flinching) for each enemy type & attack
>-Rebalancing Revenant AIs
You did it reddit
>>
>>338159185
Thank fuck for that. Worst part of the demo. Looks like I was right to criticize it in my feedback.
>>
>>338159185
>Remove durability bars for weapons & armors

THANK

FUCKING

GOD

It dosn't make the game more enjoyable, or harder or better. Its literally a "stop having fun and go find stones to repair it" cockblock.

Literally no point in it being in the game
>>
Anyone else cheese the level 20 revenant in the cave by using high stance lance's square attack?
>>
>>338159740
Wear the trash then, you find hundreds of weapons.
>>
>>338160002
*unsheathes hammer* back the fuck off??
>>
>>338159997
High stance spear was pretty cheesy. But I really enjoyed using a spear.
>>
why are they adjusting difficulty when it was so damn easy?

https://youtu.be/bWsuxO-A36o
https://youtu.be/cIpjfGNjlUQ

this dude cleared the whole thing at level 1.
killed nue without magic items rolls evades and blocks. just running and attacking lol
git gud scrubs
>>
>>338159185
Killed? More like saved. It was not fun to farm stones for repairing
>>
File: 1459727078796.gif (544 KB, 303x357) Image search: [Google]
1459727078796.gif
544 KB, 303x357
Reddit shitters all around.
>>
>>338159468
Sword doesn't even break fully. All it does is reduce the damage when the durability ran out. Even then the reduced damage wasn't even that severe, I beat Nue level 1 with a fully broken sword.
>>
>>338159185
>ITT:People want another FUCKING SOULS clone
Fucking casuals
>>
>>338160779
Surprisingly, like seriously this baffles me a bit. Apparently a large majority of people in Japan and Asia found the game too difficult. The same guy who posted that list also tweeted out the survey results for each region. People in US/EU liked the demo more it seems.
>>
So they are making the game easier for the casuals trash of /v/ and reddit?

Epic we did it guys xD
>>
Durability has always been a shitty status in every game it's in. It doesn't add to difficulty, it's just annoying.
>>
>>338159382
>Why would you want your weapon to break every five enemies?
Encourage (or literally force) the use of different weapons and fighting styles to make the gameplay more dynamic
>>
>>338161775
Yeah thats what I actually liked, it felt as though I had to use the tools at my disposal to get through the mission not just <use weapon because it deals the most damage>
>>
>>338161589

since they the ones actually buying the game, they are actually doing the right thing.

Nobody going to pander to a pirate like you. No even your own mum.
>>
>>338159997
I cheesed literally every Revenant with the katana high stance triangle attack. I would attack with it then backstab and repeat.
I wonder if they're going to make the Revenant AI better.
>>
>>338162032
>pirate

It's PS4 only, senpai.
>>
File: 1445187954173.jpg (71 KB, 604x550) Image search: [Google]
1445187954173.jpg
71 KB, 604x550
>>338159185
Will they fix the choppy fooken' animations aswell?

It's Koei Tecmo so I probably know the answer already. No fix, no buy.
>>
>>338159320
>What did that even accomplish?

Frustration
Artificial difficulty
etc

It's literally like adding a gas feature to cars in GTA. Aww, you ran out of gas during the cop getaway mission? Too bad....
>>
>people went through the ENTIRE demo without knowing a well-placed arrow headshot is an instant kill
shaking my head
>>
>>338162651
The Bow and Arrow was so satisfying in the Demo. I hope that there's different arrow types or ranged weapons, like a crossbow or flintlock rifle
>>
>>338159382

Sounds like Witcher 3.
>>
>>338159185
That part did need to be changed though. It was annoying how they overloaded your equipment with way too high of a quantity of weapons and armor that easily break down. I know you use Whetstones and Niikawa Glue to repair weapons and armor respectfully, but I'd rather they reduce the quantity of weapons and armor drops and increase the quality of their durability.
>>
>I enjoy pointless durability mechanics that only make the game more obnoxious to play
t. Turbofaggot
>>
>>338159185
They should make the game even more hard as punishment
>>
They should make the game even more hard as punishment
>>
>>338159382

According to the results, that seems to be what they're doing.

>• Remove durability stat for weapons and armor.
>• Adjust the drop rate for equipment.

Assuming all of this is taken to heart, they'll probably be re-balancing equipment to work less like Diablo/Borderlands.

I have no strong opinions one way or the other on this change, I just the overall feel of the game remains the same.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.