[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 123.jpg (263 KB, 1757x906) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
263 KB, 1757x906
New patch. New class.
Scores instead of kills.
Overlord still OP.
Question is: is anyone still playing?
>>
Overlord was never OP. It was Triplet and Sniper always.
>>
>>338144271
Overlord literally just ram drones like they were regular bullets into them and Snipers can do nothing about it. Triplet could run away I guess.
>>
>>338144470
Sniper stays offscreen, Triplet barrages through your minions and just kills you. Most classes should destroy Overlord, most players are bad/br though.
>>
>>338144673
Snipers don't have the movement speed to stay offscreen and they can't shoot down the drones anyway so they literally do nothing to a Overlord.
Against Triplet you just don't charge the drones right into them, instead circle around until you get the kill.
As most players are bad you probably have never met a good Overlord player by the sound of it. Overlord wins against every other class.
The situation is always the same with everyone running away from the Overlord.
>>
>>338145279
A sniper firing in the direction opposite of his movement will be able to stay offscreen, and if he's off your screen you can't touch him with your minions. This strategy is similar to what all classes will do against an Overlord. As a Triplet/Destroyer I move in, they send their minions at me, I start firing at them and move away at the same time. The Overlord either pulls his minions back and regenerates the ones that died, or all of his minions die and I'm able to move in on him before he can respawn them.

I've faced plenty of good Overlords and only ever die to them when I fuck up horribly by being too aggressive or getting caught moving onto their screen as their rushing their minions in my direction. A good Overlord can stall and survive 1v1 for a long time, but I don't think you should really beat anyone except for Octos.
>>
>>338145601
So the Sniper can only run away then? I've met some that tried to do this and if I felt like it I just chased them to the walls and pin them there. Snipers are one of the easiest kills for Overlord.
Triplet can run away but if they move in they're dead. The only thing any tank can do is run away.

>but I don't think you should really beat anyone except for Octos.
yep 1 million score by killing just Octos
>>
Is the levelcap removed?
>>
Necromancer seems very situational. Having a giant fucking swarm of basic blocks seems cool, but then a rapid fire tank blows them all away and you're defenseless. Body damage +1 seems mandatory for necromancer.
>>
>>338146325
>So the Sniper can only run away then?
He can stay offscreen long enough to land enough shots to kill you.

>yep 1 million score by killing just Octos
bad players anon
>>
>>338146594
>He can stay offscreen long enough to land enough shots to kill you.
Not when the drones can soak all the bullets

>bad players anon
doesn't matter, there's no counterplay to Overlord.
>>
>>338146501
levelcap is 45

>>338146575
Why is body damage mandatory? I've played without with no problem
>>
>>338147357
>Not when the drones can soak all the bullets
A sniper shot with max bullet pen can cut through 2-3 minions easily. Some shots won't touch a single minion and hit you.

>doesn't matter, there's no counterplay to Overlord.
There is. I haven't played in a couple weeks so maybe they changed things since then, but when I played Overlords were easy to deal with.
>>
>>338148165
>A sniper shot with max bullet pen can cut through 2-3 minions easily
That's not true, what are you talking about? I think you just haven't played any good Overlords because obviously they haven't maxed bullet pen.

Hopefully you're not mistaken Overseer and Overlords too.
>>
>>338148612
I've faced a few decent Overlords. Snipers have inherently higher bullet pen just like they have higher bullet speed. I'm not mixing up seers and lords.
>>
>>338149229
And Overlord minions have inherently more "hp" than regular bullets. Sniper shots do not go through 2-3 drones.
I wouldn't call those Overlords "decent" if they haven't put points into one of the most important stat. Bullet penetration is mandatory, it's like giving your drones more hp.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.