[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the purpose of motion blur in games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 899.jpg (270 KB, 1654x2339) Image search: [Google]
899.jpg
270 KB, 1654x2339
What's the purpose of motion blur in games?
>>
Shimakaze-kun is cute! CUTE!
>>
to kill your frames
>>
TECH NOLOGY
>>
>>338135951

I thought it was to help with motion sickness and to help keep the action clear and focused.
>>
File: ghost.jpg (39 KB, 521x312) Image search: [Google]
ghost.jpg
39 KB, 521x312
>>338135951

Presumably to make it look "cinematic".
>>
>>338136052
the only correct answer.
>>
>>338135951
>H-HAYAI
motion blur makes everything look fast
>>
>>338135951
It's the video game equivalent of undercrank.
>>
To cover up texture pop in and simulate cinematic 24 FPS
>>
To give a sense of speed and for stylistic purposes.

A lot of games just blur the entire screen, which tends to look like shit, but object-based motion blur can look nice on fast animations.
>>
>>338136156
They really should use this qt in a game.
>>
>>338136601
the only good motion blur Ive seen in games are ones like here with objects being blured
>>
File: bakana.jpg (43 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
bakana.jpg
43 KB, 600x606
To be hayai
>>
>>338135951
The motion blur in GTAV made it playable at 30fps. Didn't do anything for the input lag though
>>
To hide shitty graphics.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 234x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 234x215
>game has motion blur and screen shaking when you sprint
>>
What's the purpose of this thread?
Am I the only one who sees motion blur when I look out the passenger window on my way to daycare?
>>
>>338137797
I imagine Mario running along the side of the road and jumping over obsticales when I look out the passenger window on my way to daycare.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.