[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I buy DOOM 4? I like the idea of supporting a good game,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 12
File: Doomguy.jpg (146 KB, 1280x716) Image search: [Google]
Doomguy.jpg
146 KB, 1280x716
Should I buy DOOM 4?
I like the idea of supporting a good game, but I don't want to prove publishers right by buying games with heavy DRM.
>>
>Heavy DRM

Doom has DRM? You mean Steam?
>>
If you wanna play it, buy it. If not, don't. Not hard, man.
>>
Would you rather play a good game or stick to your principles?
>>
>>338129557
Not just that. Denuvo.

>>338129572
If I buy it, I'm enabling shit business practices.
>>
It's a decent single-player FPS. Better than New Order and Doom 3. The price tag bites, but seeing this is a Bethesda game, they probably won't drop the price in the next few years, if ever.
>>
It's really up to you.
The multiplayer is hot garbage and I won't be touching it again.

Snapmap has a lot of potential and it features co-op, which is really neat.

The single player though is fucking ridiculously good. It blew my mind and is easily the best single player shooter I've played in years.

I was so fucking skeptical about this game but it was easily worth the price.
>>
>>338129660
Yet if you wait for it to get cracked, all you're doing is proving to them that they need to intensify the DRM.

Essentially: By buying the game you're saying shitty business practice is okay. By pirating it you're saying that they should make the practices shittier.
>>
>heavy DRM.
What the fuck are you on about. Just because denuvo hasn't been cracked doesn't make it "heavy drm". It's not like this shit is always online or something.
>>
>>338129475
It's a cash-in franchise reboot which bears only slight resemblance to the original, why would you want to support that?
>>
>>338129676
>Bathesda game
>Won't drop the price in the next few years, if ever

Fucking lol. It'll be half off within 6 months.
>>
>>338129760
Did you even play the fucking game?
>>
>>338129819
Of course not
>>
>>338129736

If he waits for it to get cracked he's proving strong DRM won't turn a pirate into a customer.

If he buys it after it's already been cracked that only further proves that DRM really did nothing.
>>
Whats Doom 4?
>>
>>338129776
Less then that if Lord Gabin is kind
>>
The pirate bay should launch a crowdfunding campaign to buy off one of the denuvo developers to help them develop a crack.
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (12 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail.jpg
12 KB, 300x300
>Good singleplayer:
Blood, Shadow Warrior

>I-have-never-played-a-shooter:
Doom 4
>>
>>338129475
You might as well buy it, because no one is going to crack Denuvo. It has put every pirater on suicide watch. Almost every top tier cracker has given up saying it would take a lifetime just to try to crack a Denuvo game.
>>
>>338129948
A video game.
>>
>>338130025
Ooooh TOOT!
>>
>>338129819
Did you? It's Painkiller style monster arenas with loot pinata monsters so you don't have to worry about carefully crafted levels, encounters or resource management with bonus unlock grinding modern cancer.
>>
Just get it from some key sites, it's like half of the price now. Will be probably less in few months.
>>
>>338129660

If you had told me there was 0 DRM I would have believed you.

What's wrong with 100% unintrusive DRM?
>>
>>338130019
wait, let me guess

>i watched a youtuber play the first hour
>hurr you can just melee enemies
>hurrr you get health back
>game must be easy
>>
>>338129681
>the multiplayer is hot garbage
I see comments like this everywhere but I fucking love the multiplayer. Maybe it's because I've never played an arena FPS but it's so satisfying to play. The pace is great, you run into a gunfight every few seconds, shotguns are fun.

I bought it on Saturday and I already have 19 hours played online
>>
>>338130452
>games have to be tedious to be good
go play your casual souls games then
>>
what's heavy about Denuvo?
>>
>>338130586
your reading comprehension is shit
>>
>>338130584
is it any better than the beta?
>>
How does Denuvo work anyways?
Does it activate online or what?
Can you play offline with it?

What about the future scenario where the activation servers go down?
>>
>>338130697
I didn't play the beta. But fuck, don't listen to me. I'm apparently missing something and not realizing why the multiplayer is bad. The only thing that's kind of annoying to me is the demon rune system. Seems like a dumb way to give the player who picked up the rune 5-10 easy kills.
>>
it literally doesn't matter, you're just another cog in the machine
do whatever the fuck you want my nigga
>>
>>338129475
Because if it didn't have Denuvo, you'd just pirate it. This is the whole reason for Denuvo.

BTW, if I get this game out of Redbox for $3, can I reasonably expect to beat the game on regular difficulty in a day or two? If I love it, I'll buy it to play it on the higher difficulties.

I'm on PS4 if that matters. Figured it might make things a bit more difficult with a joystick aim.
>>
Nearly every enemy encounter is just you locked in a big square room with rectangular obstacles and items randomly placed around it. That and the levels are linear as hell.
Not really the DOOM style but it's still fun
>>
>>338130712
Its an encryption software that prevents people from sticking their fingers in the .exe
It works offline
Its supposed to be completely unintrusive but some people theorise that by rewriting and encrypting all of the time it can cause damage to HDs and SSDs since they get damaged the more you copy and replace data on them, as all memory drives do..
>>
>>338130838
probably would take you about 8 hours to beat it
>>
>>338129475
Don't buy it yet, wait to see if the modding side of it takes off. Snapmap is based of the multiplayer side of the game, 2 weapon limit, etc.
Sneaking suspicion that this may be the Bethesda Paid Mod vehicle for anything not Snapmap.
>>
Until somebody cracks the code, Denuvo is here to stay, deal with it.

Doesn't matter if piracy has an effect on sales or not, publishers will ALWAYS try to find excuses for their game not selling or "losing sales"

Just ask Yves "95% of all PC gamers are Pirates." Guillemot.
>>
File: 1441246695403.gif (1 MB, 499x341) Image search: [Google]
1441246695403.gif
1 MB, 499x341
Rented the game on ps4. Beat first two levels and stopped playing. Started playing again and it's slowly getting better, but damn do you need to glory kill to keep from dying.

Could be I'm just shit, could be it's because I'm playing on PS4, could be that I work for polygon. It could be all three for all you know.

The single player looks like it will get even better as it goes on, but unless you got a massive hype boner for the mp via the beta, then this game isn't worth the price of admission.

Wait a while for a price drop or use one of them cdkey sites that sell them for 35% off or whatever discount they offer if you can't wait.
>>
>>338131396
>you need to glory kill to keep from dying.
What the fuck

Glory kills got me killed more often than not, playing on nightmare you'll fucking die instantly when a hell knight shoves its fist up your ass once you're done with the animation
>>
>>338129935
>implying its going to get cracked in a reasonable time frame.
>>
>>338130584
its shit because it has loadouts like a modern warfare fps for no fucking reason, it uses retarded ass item system that literally lets you cheat, doesn't include any of the elements that improve mobility of the base game like air control, and has horrible balancing with the weapons.

after playing this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74hNweZ2mxY
its just unacceptable
>>
>>338130838
dont bother then. this is a PC shooter. controller wont give you the whole experience.
>>
>>338131396
its because you're on ps4. the single player was clearly built with PC in mind.

and this isnt a PC masterrace thing, its just reality. the controller doesn't give you the same kind of mobility/control/accuracy/weapon switching.
>>
>>338131562
Like I said maybe it's the console version or I just suck, but glory kills keep me from dying.
>>
>>338132019
I asked for a length estimate, not shitty bait.
>>
>>338131396
Maybe it's because you aren't moving and aiming right. You should be trying to strafe and get a lot of head, back, and weakspot shots.
>>
>>338132161
I'd say it's a bit of column A and column B. Trying the game out on ps4 was cheaper @ $3 a day vs steam trying to jew me out for wanting to try the game and then refunding it if I didn't like it.
>>
>>338132378
30 bucks on cdkeys
>>
>>338130237
>so you don't have to worry about carefully crafted levels, encounters or resource management with bonus unlock grinding modern cancer.
congrats on proving you haven't played it at all

enemies drop 5-20 hp per glory kill, and if you spend the entire fight looking only for glory kills, you are going to lose more hp than you gain by making yourself a sitting duck
and the 3rd level (foundry) is like a fucking maze with how big it is, and it's completely open for you to explore in any order

stop just parroting dumb shit you heard from someone you never met on the internet, it makes you look like a fucking idiot when people call you out
>>
>deciding to buy something based on political factors
I bet you vote aswell
>>
>>338131727
like I said, this game is literally babby's first arena FPS to me. the mobility of the game was fucking jarring at first because it's the first FPS I've played since modern warfare 2. The loadout system feels normal to me because every shooter I've ever played has had a loadout system.

Also
>throwing a personal teleporter across an open room with enemies on the other side
>teleporting behind them and flanking 3-4 of them

feels so good
>>
I somewhat liked what I've seen in singleplayer from various videos, but the lack of mod tools kinda kills it for me. I'll see what the snapmap evolves into, because usermaps for original game are what made the game so popular. I applaud their effort for even making it, seems very easy to use, just like doommaker, which is besides war3 editor probably the easiest to use mapmaker for a 3d game. It's just that both of them allowed custom content, which many mappers rely on.
>>
>>338132439
Well there you go.

Would I pay $30 for this?

I'm a cheap fuck and to that end also a patient fuck so no. I'd wait for it to go lower, but that's just me. As entertaining as the campaign is, it will eventually get stale unless it is your goal to beat the hardcore difficulty. I've no issue in admitting I'm shit and have no intention of trying it.
>>
>>338132345
see
>>338132161
>>
>>338130838
I got it on redbox and completed it in two days, yeah.
>>
>>338132626
the snapmap system it too gimmicky. no real control by the creator. can't use custom content and it uses the shitty multiplayer game build instead of the singleplayer one.
>>
>>338132161
>>338132864
My friends who've gotten it for PS4 have had no trouble playing the game on Nightmare so far.

You guys really overestimate the advantage of aiming with a mouse. In PvP, it matters, and the mouse guys are always going to win. Aiming with a mouse makes shooters infinitely easier. But even the best in-game AI isn't that great, and is perfectly fight-able with a controller.

I mean, shit, I watched one of these same friends play most of Doom and Doom II on PS3. Playing against other people, you'd be totally fucked, but JFC, it's not a big deal in campaign.

I've had PC shitters tell me that it's impossible to beat Half Life 2 on console...after I'd beaten it and then ep1 and ep 2 on hard on 360. Was not a hard game. Great game, but not a hard game.

I think if you made any attempt to use a controller just to see this for yourself, you'd not spout misinformation like this. There is a reason that PC and console can't have cross-platform play, but that doesn't really extend to campaign. I know that there are games that are fast enough that only a mouse will suffice, but that's almost all multiplayer.
>>
>>338129743
Heavy means it impacts performance and runs in real-time. Maybe not crippling, but it sets a bad precedent, shit will continue to get worse if they get away with it for too long.
>>
>>338130846
>Nearly every enemy encounter is just you locked in a big square room
>Levels linear as hell
What? That's like objectively incorrect. In fact a lot of encounters take place in open areas and a lot of them you can even bypass. Also by level 3 you get huge levels with lots of different paths .
>>
>>338133185
im not talking about mouse aiming. i know controller aiming has come a long way since the days of timesplitters. I'm talking about the way the movement controls are formatted and the accessibility of the various buttons while aiming.

And I didn't mean to imply you couldn't play it. My point was the experience would be hampered. its like playing dark souls with keyboard+mouse. can you do it? sure. Can you do it well? yeah probably if you practice with it. but is it as good of an experience? I wouldn't say so.
>>
>>338133401
Denuvo has never been proven to impact performance
>>
>>338133428
It's not that bad. It's really about using the analog stick movement to be extra-slippery when staying mobile to compensate for the extra time it takes to switch weapons and stuff.

I'm sure it's vastly superior on PC, but all I have is my school laptop right now, which doesn't have a dedicated GPU. How does it run, anyway? If I built a ~$600 rig in the near future, would that suffice?
>>
>>338133478
Because the company showed it running alongside a cloned system and game without it, right?
Doesn't matter though, as they keep building on it, as they are, it will eventually become noticeable.
>>
>>338130237
>parroting this hard
>>
>>338133643
Innocent until proven guilty
>>
>>338129475
so buy it when it's on sale, faglord
>>
>>338133626
the new gpu generation is coming out. the 1070 only like 360 bucks and its going to beat about everything on the market. there will be cheaper options coming around too (AMD will have polaris).

you'll be fine at 600.
>>
>>338133721
Sure man, was using the slippery slope argument, so can't disagree. Time will tell.
>>
>>338133413
The amount of times your locked in a big arena with some faggot telling you to kill all the demons before you can proceed is ridiculous
>>
>>338133721
Claims against it is that it's encryption/decryption, a typical server/supercomputer workload, running on your PC in the background all the time

Claims for it is because developers said so.
>>
I'm going to get it at less than half price. £15 is about right for a 10 hour experience. Same goes for Uncharted 4 and Fallout 4 too.
>>
>>338133960
So where's your evidence proving it definitely affects performance
>>
>>338131645

Eh. It's a pretty big game. The bigger the game the more people will be working on a crack.

Depends how patient you are. When Mankind Divided comes out I won't want to wait. For Doom I don't really care.
>>
>>338134074
Not him, but can't get proof, it affecting performance would be one of the things the company making it would hide harder than anything else, if it was proven conclusively it would destroy Denuvo overnight.
Any "comparison" presented by the company would in no way be above board.
They want your money more than your trust.
>>
WHERE IS THE FCUKING CRACK?! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>338129475
>I like the idea of supporting a good game
So the answer is clearly no as Doom 4 is trash.
>>
>>338132589
I found it fun too, but to be honest there are tons of balance issues and all the one hit kills really don't belong in an Arena style shooter

If you are interrested try out the new Unreal Tournament, it is free and preddy gud.
>>
has anyone attempted ultra nightmare yet? I beat the first level but that's as far as I got
>>
Are there unlocks for beating the game at higher difficulties?
>>
>>338129475
it has the worst cliffhanger ending since the dawn of videogames also final boss is terrible and whole campaign takes 6 horus if you know how to aim
>>
>>338136859
elaborate
>>
>>338129676
Kinguin nigga
>>
is the download really like 55 gigs?
>>
>>338136974
well it's exactly like it sounds
If it's not your first shooter game gets cleared very fast, there is already speed run beating it in 1:40, TNO was much longer
game just ends like one of those telltale episodes
and last boss is a giant spider that barely shoots at you or moves at all
>>
>>338137238
Yep
>>
>>338137269
no, elaborate

prove that you actually played the game
>>
File: 1373202853538.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1373202853538.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>338137292
>250kb/s
>>
>>338129475
Its a fucking videogame.Just buy it you tard.
>>
>>338137269
>and last boss is a giant spider that barely shoots at you or moves at all
Blatantly untrue.
That spider fuck dashes around, nearly constantly, blasts you with plasma, lasers, and friggin electrifies the whole god damn arena.
>>
>>338137238

44 for me
>>
>>338137292
>>338137238
How is this bullshit allowed, maximum size for games should be 10 gigs.
NO TECHNICAL PROGRESS ALLOWED
>>
>>338137360
signaling every move from a mile away, yes making giant pauses between the moves etc.
it was lukewarm, crucible armor boss was more itneresting
>>
How are the DOOM sales doing anyways?
>>
>>338137458
>signaling every move from a mile away
isn't that what bosses are supposed to do? signal their big dick moves so that the player can avoid them?
>>
>>338137413
Get some real internet burger
>>
>>338130237

>monster arenas with loot pinata monsters so you don't have to worry about carefully crafted levels, encounters or resource management

So Doom?
>>
>>338130584
>I've never played an arena FPS
There's the issue.
>>
>>338137458
>signaling moves is bad
wew lad

what kind of autism simulators have you been playing
>>338137535
doom didn't have any fucking monster arenas, there were big areas with lots of enemies especially in doom 2 but it's not even remotely the same thing
>>
>>338136534
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6J352J_RG8
>>
>>338137458
You know it's pretty easy to spot someone who just watched a let's play. Since the armour boss you're talking about had the most elaborate move signals out of them all.
>>
i wish the mp wasn't utter vomit just so i could somewhat justify the crazy pricetag
>>
>>338137613
He's saying the boss telegraphs way too much to be a challenge.
>>
>>338136859
Sounds literally exactly like Rage to me.
>>
>>338129475
>>338129660
Shit business practices exist for a reason though.
I don't like the idea of companies blowing up part of their budget for shit like that, but if they do so there must be a reason.
>>
>didn't find all the secrets
>wondering if I should've made a leap of faith off a cliff

Dark Souls all over again.
>>
File: 1304616859896.png (542 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1304616859896.png
542 KB, 640x480
>>338137721

Thats my line of thinking.

That or the snapmap thing need to make up for it. 60 bucks for 13 hours seems a little steep.
>>
>>338137974
it's 80usd here for no real reason + season pass being $40

kind of a turn off, even if the singleplayer looks super good
>>
Pity they outsourced the MP to a team that clearly had no direction or vision of what they wanted it to be.
>>
>>338129660
Denuvo isn't DRM though, it is an anti-tamper method to obfuscate Steams DRM.
>>
Don't OP, the singleplayer content is 11 hours at best and the multiplayer is just dogshit compared to the competition

Wait for crack or wait for $5 sale. It's not worth it
>>
>>338137658
Im so bad at video games...
>>
>>338138574
when have people become THIS fucking cheap?
>>
>>338138574
A good price range I look for a game is double the campaign hours and add on the enjoyment of the multiplayer or other features.

For people that are going to use Snap Map a lot, I would say wait for at least $35. The game on launch is double for what it should be. If not, go for $25 or something. I am really going to doubt it would ever get to $5 and the crack is not coming out for a while.
>>
>>338129935
>Implying publishers think like that
>Don't just see the total number of buyers go up one
>>
>>338129475
>Should I buy it?
No.

It's a bad successor to Doom 1 and 2.

The aesthetic looks like Halo, the music is underwhelming, the gameplay involves you getting locked into a LE BRUTAL DOOM KILL animation every 10 seconds or stuck in a room where the door doesn't open till you've killed all the enemies, and the multiplayer and snapmap are undeniably shit.

Don't buy it.
>>
File: MODD HOWARD.jpg (397 KB, 1956x2068) Image search: [Google]
MODD HOWARD.jpg
397 KB, 1956x2068
>>338139114
>BUY MY GAME!! MONEY IS NO OBJECT!!!
>>
File: 1463634381429.jpg (35 KB, 661x720) Image search: [Google]
1463634381429.jpg
35 KB, 661x720
>>338139372
t. never played the game
>>
I just finished the game in 12 hours and I really liked it, although the ultra-violence difficulty was way too easy and game was short as hell. Who else had feeling that you just finished E1M10 and expected the game just carry on?
>>
File: ERIC B ON YOUR BIKE.jpg (26 KB, 450x429) Image search: [Google]
ERIC B ON YOUR BIKE.jpg
26 KB, 450x429
>>338139446
>*watched multiple streams, saw the game literally lock you into a room, and knew this wasn't Doom

I get to keep my money to spend on actually good games. You feed Denuvo and have a shit game with low replay value. I know who I'd rather be.
>>
>>338139314
denuvo costs few mils it must make more than 50 thousand pirates a consumer
>>
>>338139624
Oh and look >>338139446, here's a guy who did play the game. >>338139592

>Shoo shoo shilly billy
>Shoo shoo shilly billy
>>
>>338139372
>Aesthetic looks like Halo
Halo had mars and hell like areas? Did they have brutal looking demons? Wow, I must've missed out!
>music is underwhelming
I agree actually. Other than a few gems here and there.
>gameplay involves you getting locked into a LE BRUTAL DOOM KILL animation every 10 seconds or stuck in a room where the door doesn't open till you've killed all the enemies
Well for one, the glory kill lasts 1 sec at most for regular enemies and with some of the arenas it is suicide to do a glory kill every 10 secs. I am not arguing about the second part, except that not every part is like that. There are about 3 arenas every level. Considering the length of some levels (And the size of some arenas) this is not bad
>multiplayer and snapmap are undeniably shit.
Agree on the first part, the second I am hesitant to agree. I can the potential in Snap Map. Will it replace the joys of making .wads? No, of course not, but it is a novel idea that people could manipulate (Someone has recreated E1 M2).
>>
>>338139372
Why do you talk while you clearly have no idea about that game?

Anonymoos was a mistake.

I've bought the key for like 35 bux on 3rd party site. Havent touched MP yet, but SP is great, Im 12 hours in, getting close to the end.

for ~ 30$ its worth it. Its a good game, but 60 its too high for its content.
>>
>>338139693
fun fact, first halo actually looks like doom 3 but cheery
>>
>>338129475
Just pirate it or wait for a verrrrry large discount. The campaign is ok but its littered with issues marketers will deflect.

Preferably pirate just because they used Denuvo. I'm pretty sure it was up already on TPB.
>>
I'd wait for Vulkan patch either way, specially if you have 144hz monitor.
>>
>>338139624
>watched multiple streams

way to prove him right you fucking cucklord.

>>338129475
singleplayer is fun, albeit short. I think multiplayer is dead on arrvial, especially with OW in less than a week. If you got cash to burn, go for it.
>>
>>338137764
nah, rage gunplay was trash, this one is fine if you are okay with sort of short campaign. It's basically TNO on speed but with worse locations and overall aesthetics unless you are into stereotypical cyber demon metal shit.
>>
>>338139773
>Forerunner structures and beaches
>Industrial complexes.

I don't see the resemblance anon.
>>
>>338137613
>doom didn't have any fucking monster arenas
>only playing the first game

Doom is a casual difficulty game even on nightmare, go play Doom II scrub
>>
>>338140010
>there were big areas with lots of enemies especially in doom 2 but it's not even remotely the same thing
>>
>>338129475
If console red box, you should only need two days or so anyways

If PC just wait it'll go on sale within the year, a good backlog game
>>
>>338140002
weapons, structure design, armor
locations differ right
overall sci-fi design feels similar
>>
>>338140138
True, but many sci-fi shooters took the aesthetic from Doom. Those that didn't took it from Aliens.
>>
>>338140138
>Hurr HALO invented Space Marines and balistic weapons

Get out of here.
>>
Is there a way to play the campaign coop in snapmap?
>>
>>338140317
If you want to recreate all of the foundry levels, yeah. Snap Map does not have the outdoor or Hell stuff.
>>
File: doom_snapmap_screen01.png (3 MB, 3655x701) Image search: [Google]
doom_snapmap_screen01.png
3 MB, 3655x701
>>338139693
>Halo had mars and hell like areas? Did they have brutal looking demons?
Enjoy your Master Chief and your UAC bases that look exactly like UNSC bases from Halo 5. Pic related.
>Considering the length of some levels (And the size of some arenas) this is not bad
I think it's very bad. Would it have killed them to just make their level design good, instead of forcing players to stop progressing?
> I can the potential in Snap Map. Will it replace the joys of making .wads? No, of course not
It's just flat out not a good level editor. It restricts the amount of weapons you can carry like in MP, too.
>>338139706
>Im 12 hours in, getting close to the end.
>for ~ 30$ its worth it. Its a good game, but 60 its too high for its content
Is this what we're coming to? Buying a game first, asking questions later, making fun of people who actually did their research?

THIS IS WHY BETHESDA KEEPS GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>338139882
No, please, Todd's personal cuckboy, what exactly do I miss out on by watching streams instead of playing the game? The music? The graphical quality? The sound design? The enemy design?

I saw all I needed to see to turn me off a purchase. You're an idiot who charged in headfirst by buying.
>>
>>338140408
Don't worry, Todd will resell it to us in DLC (instead of allowing any sort of modding). HAIL BETHESDA!

By buying Doom 4, this is the sort of fucking anti-consumer cucktraining you people are supporting.
>>
>>338140429
>Is this what we're coming to? Buying a game first, asking questions later, making fun of people who actually did their research?

What do you mean anon?

I did my research, found the game at reasonable price and bought it. And now I am telling that its worth 30-35 bux.

Whats your point here?
>>
>>338140429
>what exactly did I miss for [watching] instead of playing the game

you can't make this shit up, have a (you) on the house
>>
>>338140075
you press a switch, doors close, enemies spawn.
>>
>>338140429
>>338140474
I haven't bought it yet, I am waiting for it to fit my price deal (Double single player length plus add $5 for anything that seems interesting). This game's single player seems to be interesting enough and almost a return to form (Other than some level design stuff, but the level design is a lot more interesting than most modern shooters in the fact they actually use the vertical axis to their advantage). Also, Bethesda is only publishing. If you want to blame anyone, blame ID. Blame Bethesda for stuff they should be blamed for (Like Fallout and Elder Scroll's mishandling).
>>
>>338140429
>this is the type of underage faggot that has driven the popularity of twitch

i fucking hate you so much reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>338132441
>defendig a game based around ebin kill animations

kys please
>>
>>338140712
How about an actual response instead of bluffing? Tell me what I'm missing.

When you buy and play a video game, you then put it on your screen, press buttons, and the entire experience comes through your screen and speakers.

Plus, most of the criticisms I brought up have already been corroborated by people in the thread. It IS low replay value. Its music IS underwhelming. Snapmap IS shit (if you try and defend only UAC assets, no mods, and multiplayer restrictions you are undeniably a shill).

So are you bluffing or are you going to answer me? What exactly did I miss by streaming instead of buying it?
>>
>>338129867
Well it's the best shooter in a long time. While nowhere near as good as original Doom. This game is a step in the right direction.
>>
>>338131727
I am pretty sure the devs said, MONTHS in advance prior the release of the Doom MP beta, that they would allow people to customize shit when they set up servers so it doesn't have loadouts or anything like it.

Has anyone even tried looking into server options yet?
>>
>>338140953
I'll pardon the second time, it's not funny

it will probably take the fourth time for it to be humorous again, I see where this is going
>>
File: DoggoQ.jpg (65 KB, 679x501) Image search: [Google]
DoggoQ.jpg
65 KB, 679x501
>>338140795
>le underage meem
I don't even like Twitch, you fucking nigger faggot. I used Hitbox and youtube.
>>338140749
>If you want to blame anyone, blame ID
The developer isn't solely at fault. The decision to break up the game into chunks of DLC from day one is almost certainly Bethesda's/Zenimax's doing as the publisher, considering all their recent games (eg Fallout 4) have involved DLC season pass bullshit.
>>
>>338129475
>he fell for "supporting muh devs" meme
>>
>>338141105
So you're bluffing and have no response. Just going to point out that this is what D44M shills are reduced to in order to defend their shit game: attempting to make anyone who does their research beforehand look bad.
>>
>>338141191
ok queer
>>
>>338130838

Cleared it in 5 hours, should be pretty easy.
>>
File: 1111111.png (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1111111.png
4 KB, 225x225
>>338140429
> that pic
> NO ONE IS NOW ALLOWED TO MAKE SCI-FI SETTING ITS RIPPING OF HALO REEEEEE
>that level of mad autism

Just let it go man. You can't /don't want to buy it don't.

But stop spilling your nonsense like "I've seen that game on twich its shit" and parroting memes that dont really apply to that game.
Just let it go.
>>
>>338141247
I am pretty sure that guy is a false flagger. Not sure though.

Look, you don't like the game, that's fine. Others? They enjoy it because it is a game closest to Doom in years. Hell levels are pretty tight and although arenas get tiring, the rest of the levels are completely fine.

>inb4 shill

I am just going off by what I have seen. You may see differently than me and others, but I am glad we can have a debate about it.
>>
>>338129475
Just continue to play other games until a crack comes out or it's dirt cheap.
>>
>>338141247
The third time still not funny

next one would've been, but some faggot had to ruin it

Also absurdism should be able to be atleast admired by the outside, so please do better
>>
>>338141247
Not him, but have you considered the possibility that your first post >>338139372
sort of might have made people that enjoy the game pissed because you compare it to Halo and provided a shit screen shot as "Proof" even though it did not actually prove your point other than "Wow, they both have white paint in some areas"

Seriously though, you're fucking retarded as fuck if you claim "Shill" after going into a thread and claim that a game looks like Halo and say it's dogshit. I mean what the fuck did you expect? People that have actually played the game not getting pissed at something they might construe as misinformation? And it certainly didn't help when you said you haven't even played it and only watched streams.

Not that it means you can't base whether you should buy a game or not from streams and clips, but you can't expect people to take anything you say about the gameplay seriously if you haven't even played it.
>>
>>338141563
>> NO ONE IS NOW ALLOWED TO MAKE SCI-FI SETTI

There are all sorts of sci-fi settings you can make. Doom 4's "angular white and grey geometry with circles tacked on+yellow paint" looks identical to Halo 5's. You are a retard.

>>338141665
>Others? They enjoy it because it is a game closest to Doom in years

Then why not just play Doom? Are people actually that thirsty for graphics that they'll feed Bethesda, feed Denuvo, and accept

>low replay value due to shit map editor and shit MP
>low game length
>low difficulty
>forgettable music
>halo aesthetic everywhere outside of hell itself
>shitty glory kills every 10 seconds
?
All I'm saying is, OP shouldn't buy this game. If people did buy it and enjoy it, sure, but you're feeding cancerous elements of the industry, which is what OP wants to avoid.
>>
>>338141895
QFT
>>
>>338142058
I guess that's the unfortunate thing.

But once again:
>low replay value due to shit map editor
From what I have seen, people just need to get into the groove of it before good stuff comes out. People have already started to make whack a mole and tower defence maps already. If that doesn't show potential, I don't know what will.
>low game length
11 hours is not that short anon.
>low difficulty
Ultra violence, Nightmare and Ultra Nightmare. Just like the original games. These difficulties or bust
>forgettable music
I agree
>halo aesthetic everywhere
See>>338141895 and Doom 3
>shitty glory kills every 10 secs
Which is suicide on the good difficulties since the risk/reward is not worth it. Get 5 health by shooting an enemy while you are losing 20 health? No thanks.

The unfortunate thing is that the only way to have this game is with this shit. Unfortunately, not many gamers have enough will power to say no to a game with this stuff because they think of it as a good game.
>>
>>338142058
>There are all sorts of sci-fi settings you can make.
They are not copying the HALO you dense motherfucker, New Doom has its inspirations from.... guess what! Doom, Doom 2, Quake and Quake 2, since it always was a mix sci-fi military/research complexes and occulitist shit.

What the fuck, are you fucking 16? I thought that
> HALO INVENTED FPS
Was just a troll meme, but I see some of the underage retards actually believe that HALO was some kind of 2nd coming of Christ with its ORIGINAL ATMOSPHERE AND GAMEPLAY.
>>
I feel guilty for missing the things that were stupid and ridiculous about Doom I and II.

The monster closets, where a wall just drops and there just happened to be a dozen imps waiting patiently there, and the measurably ~50mph running speed especially.
>>
>>338142350
>From what I have seen, people just need to get into the groove of it before good stuff comes out
Only UAC assets, no custom content, MP weapon restrictions. It's shit, dude.w
>11 hours is not that short anon
It is when the single player campaign is the only good part of the game.
> Nightmare and Ultra Nightmare. Just like the original games. These difficulties or bust
Fair point.
>I agree
>See>>338141895 and Doom 3
The post you linked me to says literally nothing except "don't insult our game or we'll get mad!!" It looks like fucking Halo, there's no way past it.
>Which is suicide on the good difficulties since the risk/reward is not worth it
The game still ranks you down for not using them, and in the good difficulties you need the additional HP more.

>Unfortunately, not many gamers have enough will power to say no to a game with this stuff because they think of it as a good game.

Which is all my post is trying to say. Instead of defending the game, just say no to shitty policies and don't buy it.
>>
>>338129475
You should support Denuvo because it's hilarious. So many tears.
>>
Ive been waiting for this game for years

But then i heard it can never possibly support SLI

And now they're saying they're actually implementing SLI any day now

What the fuck, anyone know what the state is?

I dont wanna end up with another arkham knight stuck at 30fps until i get a better card

>hurr SLI is shit

It literally almost doubles your performance for only double the price, rather than paying double the price for an extra fucking 7fps from top of the line cards
>>
>>338129475
buy it on a console
>>
I'm just surprised it runs so well. Averaged 70fps in 1440p on ultra with a 980.
>>
>>338129475
>I like the idea of supporting a good game
Then you should buy a good game. Why even consider getting Doot?
>>
>>338129475
denying yourself fun in order to stick it to the man. just another side of the sjw coin
>>
>>338145484
>just another side of the sjw coin

SJWs have nothing to do with corporate greed, per se.
>>
>>338145558
no but the overall attitude is analogous
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.