[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BDO vs. GW2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: bdo.png (365 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bdo.png
365 KB, 500x500
Should I leave Guild Wars 2 to play Black Desert Online? I've only played a few hours of BDO and it seems interesting. I hear its good but whats so special about it?
>>
>>338123496
The character creator and th
>>
>>338123496
first
>>
>>338123496
bdo will probably go f2p at a point, its korean and its already free everywhere else
>>
Anybody wanna buy me the game? I'll be your healslut forever.
>>
>>338123496
>I hear its good
Lies and slander.
BDO sucks major balls and is even worse than GW2
>>
>>338123752
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>338123496
Bought it a few months ago. Its definitely not a game you want to play all the time. The pace is very relaxed and youre free to explore whatever you want. Player housing is seamless and really cool. The downsides of it is that it does have microtransations and so far I have found no need to group up with other players. Im level 16.
>>
>>338124420
>Im only level 16
Its common knowledge you dont need a party in the beginning of an MMO thats mostly for late game.
>>
BDO is just a pop-in simulator
>>
>>338123752
>>338124225
The GW2 shill would have had to actually of played BDO
>>
>>338124225
The combat tries to be like an MMO Vindictus but there's no point because enemies aren't even the slightest threat. Also all the classes are pretty much the same to play so it's not like you and try out each class and experience the game differently.
>>
Not even BDOfags like BDO anymore
https://youtu.be/c7oo33mR-dE
>>
File: 1866281-nika.jpg (31 KB, 201x500) Image search: [Google]
1866281-nika.jpg
31 KB, 201x500
>>338123496
You should leave Guild Wars 2 regardless. GW1 was amazing and GW2 just couldnt fill the void it left inside me.
>>
>>338123496
neither theyre both massive pieces of shit
>>
>>338123496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szaGs0nA4N0
>>
>>338123496
I hear its good but whats so special about it?

its an mmo where playing by yourself and afking is the focus
>>
>>338126157

Koreans just can't design MMOs for shit.
>>
>>338124225
It's a pvp oriented game where everyone rubberbands and teleports around. Plus your stats matter way more than your actual skill at the game. Everything is RNG based as you should expect from a F2P Korean MMO even though we have to buy it here.
>>
BDO pretty much boils down to scum-tier grinding. Sitting and watching bars fill up. The combat is fun but there are no dungeons or particularly difficult encounters so it's basically wasted on grinding.

I haven't tried PvP much but that may be the game's saving grace though I've heard it's pretty unbalanced.
>>
File: Gorseval_the_Multifarious-1.jpg (327 KB, 953x571) Image search: [Google]
Gorseval_the_Multifarious-1.jpg
327 KB, 953x571
>>338123496
Try it senpai.

You should try anything that looks fun in my opinion.

Gw2 is an Infinitely better game in the end, but BDO makes for some top tier screenshots.
>>
>Archeage is going to save MMO!
>Bombed
>Black Desert is going to save MMO!
>Bombed
>Tree of Savior is going to save MMO!
>Bombed

What went extremely wrong?
>>
>>338126862
PvP combat is entirely stat based and if you're not a ranger you might as well not bother

and theres also the shitty karma system that punishes you eternal grind damnation if you kill 2 people.
>>
>>338126946
a fucking lot
>>
>>338126946
>I'm going to jew the shit out of everyone!
>success

Why is life so unfair?
>>
>>338123496
Try it.

However:
>Rubberbanding
>ping affected attack speed
>5 metre view distance
>No difficulty
>never ending grind

If that is for you, dig deep and enjoy.
>>
>>338126946
they were all korean

>>338127237
goes to show that if you completely copy WoW you can make money as long as you have no integrity
>>
Eh bdo is an amazing single player game. But for the most part you are penalized or prevented from doing things with other players. Also after 50 the game is about grinding huge numbers of mobs for low RNG gear drops. Or suiciding over and over on the world bosses. That's it.

I got 300 hours out of it and loved it, but once you hit that RNG to progress wall there's not much else to do in the game.
>>
GW2 is a complete joke nowadays but still better than BDO so think about that.
>>
>>338127345
>they were all korean
Well, not really on that list but Wildstars wasn't korean and that game bombed rather spectacularly too.
>>
>>338127536
wildstar was also a spectacularly bad game
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.